Insane Clown Posse Had a Theory
The Detroit hip hop duo Insane Clown Posse decided that rapping about viciously murdering people with axes was getting old, so instead of hanging it up and trying a new career, they wrote a song called Miracles. It was a celebration of the wonders in of the natural world, but from a militant anti-science perspective. On April 6th, 2010, the music video of “Miracles” was uploaded to YouTube, and with catchphrases like “f*ckin rainbows” and “f*ckin magnets, how do they work?”, it became one of the biggest Internet jokes of 2010.
KYMdb Image Collection
Our database entry has accumulated 173 images. Check out KYMdb – Fucking Magnets, How Do They Work? for more information & examples.
- Since its online debut in early April 2010, The video has received over 5 million views on YouTube, and is the 92nd most discussed music video of all time.
- The song, along with the green-screen visuals, gave birth to a series of silly, profane catchphrases.
- 2-pane comics involving the line “fuckin miracles” were one of the more frequent themes.
- Shaggy 2 Dope’s pose in part of the video looked similar the popular How Do I Shot Web comic, and inspired several image derivatives:
- lyrics soon evolved into a phrasal template “Fuckin X, How Does That Work”, spawning more image macros poking fun at a variety of
- One notable image commented on the perplexing dilemma known as “Schroedinger’s cat”:
Miracles according to ICP’s “Miracles”
More Meme Reviews
And don’t forget to check out the rest of 2010 meme reviews!
- KYM Blog – Memes in 2010: Downfall
- KYM Blog – Memes in 2010: Effing Magnets
- KYM Blog – Memes in 2010: Douel Rainbow
- KYM Blog – Memes in 2010: Antoine Dodson
- KYM Monthly Review – Complete Listing of Past Issues