Sep 11, 2012 at 03:21AM EDT
D’awww… Why thank you! She looks so totally kawaii and not bitchy!
And yeah, I should probably deliver on that Rarity aspect of my wall. She’s best pony after all. Maybe I’ll draw something. Although judging from my past few endeavours in Poni General (see pages 63-66), I probably shouldn’t.
And I have few question for you about drawing, since you seem to be so great at it, if you don’t mind.
1) Do you use references circles and guidelines and stuff, at such a high level, in both digital and traditional art?
2) How long would it take you to sketch something like this, but of an obviously much higher calibre?
3) How long did it take you to draw that nice little pic you left on my wall?
4) How long did it take you to be good at drawing ponies?
5) Should I start drawing people first before ponies?
6) Have you always been this good? Like, I know everyone improves over time, but were you like gifted from an early age?
7) What do you find easier, traditional or digital art?
Sorry if these questions are all annoying and stupid. I’ve always been a meticulous perfectionist, and if there’s one thing that I can’t seem to get right, it’s art. I mean, I try, but my OCD inevitably gets in the way, and I spend 10 hours obsessing over a little detail, usually the lower jaw, and always find fault with it somehow. Have you ever felt like this when you first drawing ponies before?
Cheezburger Blog Advertising Developers Jobs Contact Us
Sign up Now!