Forums / General

195,826 total conversations in 5,394 threads

+ New Thread


Featured Featured
KYM Pokémon General

Last posted Jul 10, 2014 at 10:35PM EDT. Added Jul 08, 2012 at 08:44PM EDT
1,663 conversations with 139 participants

So I’ve finally defeated the champion. Now, that’s done, I can show you the new trainer card I created so you can see which Pokemon I used. The order is in which I caught them.

Now for my analysis on the game overall. While I like the new additions and variety of Pokemon that can be found, I thought the story came up flat despite it’s buildup. I really liked the story in the first B&W games because it actually featured a big climax. You have to battle the Elite 4 before getting to your final battle with N, and then you realize that he was really Ghetsis’ pawn. In the second games, the climax with Team Plasma wasn’t the finale and there wasn’t any big plot twists. I could never understand the character of Corless either, since I couldn’t really tell if he was an antagonist or not. One thing I also expected that didn’t happen was Unova being frozen over. When the map of Unova was shown as a preview to the game, it showed most of it under ice, and I thought the game was going to start out like that and have it be that something happened over the course of 2 years. But in the game, everything was normal in the beginning, and the only place that got frozen over was Opelucid city, that was a major dissapointment. So while the story of B&W 2 wasn’t all that great, there will still things that I like in it that the first games didn’t have.

Oct 26, 2012 at 07:31PM EDT
Quote

Adam DeLand wrote:

So I’ve finally defeated the champion. Now, that’s done, I can show you the new trainer card I created so you can see which Pokemon I used. The order is in which I caught them.

Now for my analysis on the game overall. While I like the new additions and variety of Pokemon that can be found, I thought the story came up flat despite it’s buildup. I really liked the story in the first B&W games because it actually featured a big climax. You have to battle the Elite 4 before getting to your final battle with N, and then you realize that he was really Ghetsis’ pawn. In the second games, the climax with Team Plasma wasn’t the finale and there wasn’t any big plot twists. I could never understand the character of Corless either, since I couldn’t really tell if he was an antagonist or not. One thing I also expected that didn’t happen was Unova being frozen over. When the map of Unova was shown as a preview to the game, it showed most of it under ice, and I thought the game was going to start out like that and have it be that something happened over the course of 2 years. But in the game, everything was normal in the beginning, and the only place that got frozen over was Opelucid city, that was a major dissapointment. So while the story of B&W 2 wasn’t all that great, there will still things that I like in it that the first games didn’t have.

>Those badges

It’s a contradiction. Those badges shouldn’t be there with that protagonist, because…

..The gyms had changed before that boy ever set out on his Pokemon journey!

Oct 26, 2012 at 07:38PM EDT
Quote

@Jack Candle

I know, I didn’t like the fact the Trainer Card Maker didn’t have the new Unova gym badge set.

Oct 26, 2012 at 08:30PM EDT
Quote

Holy shit.

I found a Buneary with natural Pokerus, not that I needed it because most of my Pokemon were already infected with it.

The Buneary was found in that tree area inside Castelia City, after the Castelia Sewers. Buneary is only found in Black 2, just if you want to know where to find one.

Also, Pokerus has a 3 in 65,536 chance of naturally appearing on a wild Pokemon, so damn, I was lucky.

Oct 26, 2012 at 08:44PM EDT
Quote

Weasel wrote:

Holy shit.

I found a Buneary with natural Pokerus, not that I needed it because most of my Pokemon were already infected with it.

The Buneary was found in that tree area inside Castelia City, after the Castelia Sewers. Buneary is only found in Black 2, just if you want to know where to find one.

Also, Pokerus has a 3 in 65,536 chance of naturally appearing on a wild Pokemon, so damn, I was lucky.

Yes, the White 2 area is where you catch Skitty.

Oct 26, 2012 at 10:55PM EDT
Quote

Ashki wrote:

Yes, the White 2 area is where you catch Skitty.

Where?

Oct 27, 2012 at 12:24AM EDT
Quote

Weasel wrote:

Where?

Same place, Castelia City in that spot you find from the sewers. Skitty is that spot’s White 2 exclusive while Buneary is Black 2’s exclusive.

My real problem is finding the Eevees that inhabit that area.

Last edited Oct 27, 2012 at 12:30AM EDT
Oct 27, 2012 at 12:30AM EDT
Quote

Ashki wrote:

Same place, Castelia City in that spot you find from the sewers. Skitty is that spot’s White 2 exclusive while Buneary is Black 2’s exclusive.

My real problem is finding the Eevees that inhabit that area.

At least there are multiple Eevees and they are (fairly) common, so this time you can get all 7 Evolutions. I caught one with the sole intent of getting an Espeon. By the by, are any of you going to try that challenge mode now?

Oct 27, 2012 at 08:47AM EDT
Quote

Random 21 wrote:

At least there are multiple Eevees and they are (fairly) common, so this time you can get all 7 Evolutions. I caught one with the sole intent of getting an Espeon. By the by, are any of you going to try that challenge mode now?

They are common in that they can be found in the wild (or the hidden grottos). When you have a 5% encounter rate, you might see it often enough. But if you’re like me, then you don’t see it much at all. I’ve spent consecutive hours walking and training in the area outside of the sewers, and I ran across 3 Eevee.

Most of you know this, but the 5% doesn’t mean that you’ll see 1 Eevee every 20 encounters. It means that there is a 5% chance for each encounter that you’ll see an Eevee.


I could never understand the character of Colress either, since I couldn’t really tell if he was an antagonist or not.

Exactly. I think the two games (i.e. Black/White and Black 2/White 2) meant to blur the lines of right and wrong. If I remember correctly, the line (or something to that effect) “The world isn’t black and white” was explicitly stated in the first of the two games.

Colress was more of an antagonist, because he got in the way of the protagonist. You got things from him, but you can’t advance unless you beat him throughout the game. But at the same time, the fact that you (or I) can’t really define him is probably exactly what Game Freak wanted to happen.
 
Ever since the 3rd Generation, I think Game Freak wanted Pokémon to be a learning (or reinforcing) experience for its younger players. They’ve explicitly said that in the 4th and 5th generation when you first begin the game. The world can be black, white, anything in between, or anything outside of that. I think that Corless (and several others, especially some members of Team Plasma) show that.
 
No joke: I learned a lot of things in the story of video games and in playing video games. I could have learned those things elsewhere and I did hear them from other areas, but sometimes, hearing it from a video game makes it feel less like a lecture.

Oct 27, 2012 at 09:50AM EDT
Quote

Speaking of Colress, was that a countdown I heard while battling him?

Oct 27, 2012 at 10:36AM EDT
Quote

Ashki wrote:

Speaking of Colress, was that a countdown I heard while battling him?

Yeah man. Those lyrics really moved me.

Oct 27, 2012 at 10:59AM EDT
Quote

Verbose wrote:

They are common in that they can be found in the wild (or the hidden grottos). When you have a 5% encounter rate, you might see it often enough. But if you’re like me, then you don’t see it much at all. I’ve spent consecutive hours walking and training in the area outside of the sewers, and I ran across 3 Eevee.

Most of you know this, but the 5% doesn’t mean that you’ll see 1 Eevee every 20 encounters. It means that there is a 5% chance for each encounter that you’ll see an Eevee.


I could never understand the character of Colress either, since I couldn’t really tell if he was an antagonist or not.

Exactly. I think the two games (i.e. Black/White and Black 2/White 2) meant to blur the lines of right and wrong. If I remember correctly, the line (or something to that effect) “The world isn’t black and white” was explicitly stated in the first of the two games.

Colress was more of an antagonist, because he got in the way of the protagonist. You got things from him, but you can’t advance unless you beat him throughout the game. But at the same time, the fact that you (or I) can’t really define him is probably exactly what Game Freak wanted to happen.
 
Ever since the 3rd Generation, I think Game Freak wanted Pokémon to be a learning (or reinforcing) experience for its younger players. They’ve explicitly said that in the 4th and 5th generation when you first begin the game. The world can be black, white, anything in between, or anything outside of that. I think that Corless (and several others, especially some members of Team Plasma) show that.
 
No joke: I learned a lot of things in the story of video games and in playing video games. I could have learned those things elsewhere and I did hear them from other areas, but sometimes, hearing it from a video game makes it feel less like a lecture.

Well I’d rather have 5% encounter rate to get all 7 than:

Gen 1 – one per game. If you want the three evolutions, you’d have to buy both games and work your way up to Celadon twice in one game, and in your normal adventure in the other
Gen 2- One from bill (only this method in crystal), infinite from Game corner if you have 6666 coins for each one. This means if you want all of them in Gold/Silver you have to pay an extra 26664 coins (540,000 pokedollars if you’re lazy, roughly estimated)
Gen 3 – …Nothing! If you want them, you must buy Leafgreen/Firered and do another Gen 1 of starting the game again after getting to Celadon, but this time you have to do it 5 times instead of two (considering you got one anyway in Gen 1 and had to trade the other 2 over)
Gen 4 – followed the 5% catch rate like in Black 2/White 2, but you’d have to wait until they get put in, post game. In diamond and pearl you get one off of Bebe after getting National and in Platinum you get one after going in. HeartGold/Soulsilver follows the same rule as Gen 2, but with Voltorb Flip (Don’t get me started on THAT again). There was an Eevee as part of a Pokewalker event as well, but you had to walk 6000+ steps to get one.
Black/White – …Nothing (Again)! If you wanted one at the time of release, you had to wait until post game to trade over from Gen 4. Now you can just trade over from White/Black 2.

In comparison with all that, it’s a lot easier.

Oct 27, 2012 at 11:12AM EDT
Quote

Jack Candle wrote:

Yeah man. Those lyrics really moved me.

I thought I heard a countdown while battling him. Not Streif it’s still there in his rebattles,and since I’ve never beaten the Elite Five I doubt I ever will.

Ugh, Voltorb Flip, don’t even get me started. Fuck you European gambling laws.

Last edited Oct 27, 2012 at 11:15AM EDT
Oct 27, 2012 at 11:14AM EDT
Quote

Random 21 wrote:

Well I’d rather have 5% encounter rate to get all 7 than:

Gen 1 – one per game. If you want the three evolutions, you’d have to buy both games and work your way up to Celadon twice in one game, and in your normal adventure in the other
Gen 2- One from bill (only this method in crystal), infinite from Game corner if you have 6666 coins for each one. This means if you want all of them in Gold/Silver you have to pay an extra 26664 coins (540,000 pokedollars if you’re lazy, roughly estimated)
Gen 3 – …Nothing! If you want them, you must buy Leafgreen/Firered and do another Gen 1 of starting the game again after getting to Celadon, but this time you have to do it 5 times instead of two (considering you got one anyway in Gen 1 and had to trade the other 2 over)
Gen 4 – followed the 5% catch rate like in Black 2/White 2, but you’d have to wait until they get put in, post game. In diamond and pearl you get one off of Bebe after getting National and in Platinum you get one after going in. HeartGold/Soulsilver follows the same rule as Gen 2, but with Voltorb Flip (Don’t get me started on THAT again). There was an Eevee as part of a Pokewalker event as well, but you had to walk 6000+ steps to get one.
Black/White – …Nothing (Again)! If you wanted one at the time of release, you had to wait until post game to trade over from Gen 4. Now you can just trade over from White/Black 2.

In comparison with all that, it’s a lot easier.

You’re forgetting, from gen 2 onwards you can just breed the Eevees. If you had gen 1 and 2 games, you don’t even need to reset the gen 1 ones. Just breed some extra Eevees in Gold and Silver and trade them back to Gen 1, no problem. No need to reset FRLG five times, just throw ‘em in an old man’s back yard with a pink jelly rape monster and you’ll have a bunch of Eeveeloutions in no time.

Last edited Oct 27, 2012 at 12:09PM EDT
Oct 27, 2012 at 12:03PM EDT
Quote

Who else is on Challenge Mode?
If so, NEVER try to beat the Elite Four when it is on.
(unless you have 85+ Levels)

Oct 27, 2012 at 04:27PM EDT
Quote

Weasel wrote:

Who else is on Challenge Mode?
If so, NEVER try to beat the Elite Four when it is on.
(unless you have 85+ Levels)

I have White 2, so I have the Easy Mode. I think it’s probably easier to get Challenge Mode than I think, but I rarely go online to play games with people, and no one here that I know has Black 2…

…Or a Nintendo DS.

Oct 27, 2012 at 04:37PM EDT
Quote

Verbose wrote:

I have White 2, so I have the Easy Mode. I think it’s probably easier to get Challenge Mode than I think, but I rarely go online to play games with people, and no one here that I know has Black 2…

…Or a Nintendo DS.

I know that feel bro. No one here plays either. Game Freak, Y U no let the keys be transferred over Wi-Fi?!

Oct 27, 2012 at 04:41PM EDT
Quote

Verbose wrote:

I have White 2, so I have the Easy Mode. I think it’s probably easier to get Challenge Mode than I think, but I rarely go online to play games with people, and no one here that I know has Black 2…

…Or a Nintendo DS.

I know a lot of people who have a DS, but where I am, there is a strong Nintendo is teh kiddeh movement, so most of them have renounced any love they had for Nintendo and in particular, Pokémon.

Oct 27, 2012 at 05:01PM EDT
Quote

So I’ve ordered the Prima guides tonight from Amazon (both volumes) and Pokemon Black, and will be getting a DSi XL on Monday.

>inb4 3DS.

Now I’ll finally be able to know all of the these new Pokemon you guys keep talking about.

Oct 28, 2012 at 12:25AM EDT
Quote

>That sad day when Wsxdas loses his DS.
>That sad face when we can’t trade or battle now.

:’(

Oct 28, 2012 at 01:05AM EDT
Quote

I’m a bit late to the topic, but catching eevees is quite easy.
1. Get a level 17 pokemans
2. Put that pokemans first in party
3. Use repel
4. Eevee is always level 18, so nothing else can appear.
______________________________
In other news, you guys should try the hacks Blaze Black 2 and Volt White 2. Pretty neat.

Oct 28, 2012 at 01:12AM EDT

Wsxdas, The Last Kramabender wrote:

I’m a bit late to the topic, but catching eevees is quite easy.
1. Get a level 17 pokemans
2. Put that pokemans first in party
3. Use repel
4. Eevee is always level 18, so nothing else can appear.
______________________________
In other news, you guys should try the hacks Blaze Black 2 and Volt White 2. Pretty neat.

Omfg, Wsxdas you wonderful genius.

Oct 28, 2012 at 01:20AM EDT
Quote

Wsxdas, The Last Kramabender wrote:

I’m a bit late to the topic, but catching eevees is quite easy.
1. Get a level 17 pokemans
2. Put that pokemans first in party
3. Use repel
4. Eevee is always level 18, so nothing else can appear.
______________________________
In other news, you guys should try the hacks Blaze Black 2 and Volt White 2. Pretty neat.

Or you can have the decency to have D/P/Pt and get a ton of Eevees there.
D/P/Pt is better at wild Pokemon.

Oct 28, 2012 at 01:45AM EDT
Quote

Weasel wrote:

Or you can have the decency to have D/P/Pt and get a ton of Eevees there.
D/P/Pt is better at wild Pokemon.

As previously stated, it is a lot harder to catch an Eevee (Bebe aside) in D/P/Pt.

Oct 28, 2012 at 01:48AM EDT
Quote

Have Pokemon Black 2 now, and just want to note it’s sort of funny that I already have 2 legendary pokemon and I’ve only obtained 2 gym badges so far… I have Genesect and Tornadus (Therian Form)

Oct 28, 2012 at 01:31PM EDT
Quote

Megalolzors wrote:

Have Pokemon Black 2 now, and just want to note it’s sort of funny that I already have 2 legendary pokemon and I’ve only obtained 2 gym badges so far… I have Genesect and Tornadus (Therian Form)

Shit bro, you can get the genie beast forms even sooner if you play the Dream Radar sooner, and they’re tied to your OT, so they won’t ever misbehave. Same with the Gen IV legendaires once you get to that point.

Speaking of the Gen IV legendaires, it’s funny how the Dream Radar treats them like just another caught Pokemon.

Oct 28, 2012 at 02:08PM EDT
Quote

Wsxdas, The Last Kramabender wrote:

I’m a bit late to the topic, but catching eevees is quite easy.
1. Get a level 17 pokemans
2. Put that pokemans first in party
3. Use repel
4. Eevee is always level 18, so nothing else can appear.
______________________________
In other news, you guys should try the hacks Blaze Black 2 and Volt White 2. Pretty neat.

Reads Post

Huh?

Reads Bulbapedia

Wsxdas you goddamn genius.

@Iamslow: Is that a Googlewhack (technically Yahoowack) too?

Last edited Oct 29, 2012 at 06:09PM EDT
Oct 29, 2012 at 06:09PM EDT
Quote

New PMD Game on the 3Ds.

About time they stop making their pokemon look like bad Papercraft, I’m looking at you Rumble Blast.


@Adam
Will excuuuse me, I knew about it before but I didn’t see it posted here so I thought I’d share it.

Last edited Oct 29, 2012 at 06:38PM EDT
Oct 29, 2012 at 06:26PM EDT
Quote

I found a shiny female Banette in the Strange House!
WOOOO!
WOOOOO!
I can’t believe it, but I would’ve liked a shiny Gastly instead.
AHHHHHAHAH! I can’t believe it, I’ve been using the Masuda Method for a very long time, but a WILD shiny Banette? What the…

Last edited Oct 30, 2012 at 12:17AM EDT
Oct 30, 2012 at 12:15AM EDT
Quote

I caught a shiny feebas once.

…Just sayin’.
 
Congrats though. It’s always a good feeling to catch a shiny. My first was a Tentacool back in Gen 3.

Oct 30, 2012 at 01:07AM EDT
Quote

Ah, the shinies. Always a treat to see those. My first was a freaking useless Bellsprout in Crystal.

Oct 30, 2012 at 01:20AM EDT
Quote

Shiny litwick. Black. Still have that save file, too.

Oct 30, 2012 at 01:58AM EDT
Quote

…Red Gyarados!!
I’ve never caught an actual shiny.
feelsbadman.jpg

Oct 30, 2012 at 08:07AM EDT
Quote

>That feel when you never caught a shiny pokemon in your life

Oct 30, 2012 at 08:23AM EDT

Same here, Mex. Not one shiny over the first four gens. I think I even KOd the red Gyarados because I was an idiot 8-year-old.

Oct 30, 2012 at 08:51AM EDT
Quote

Poliwag, Geodude, Pelliper, Pichu, Beldum, and a Shuppet. That’s every shiny I’ve ever caught. The Beldum was Masuda’d.

Oct 30, 2012 at 09:28AM EDT
Quote

Twilitlord wrote:

Same here, Mex. Not one shiny over the first four gens. I think I even KOd the red Gyarados because I was an idiot 8-year-old.

I only encountered a shiny Jigglypuff on Fire Red, but to me it doesn’t count since I was playing on an emulator for a LP.

Otherwise, no, never ran into an unscripted one on any of my games.

Also, how does this team sound off the Elite Four? Zororak, Lampent, Swanna, Lunatone, Lucario and Vanilluxe?

I really want to complete this. Stupid post game content. Don’t understand why some of the PokeStar studios crap is post game.

Last edited Oct 30, 2012 at 10:34AM EDT
Oct 30, 2012 at 10:32AM EDT
Quote

My shiny pokes -

Gen 2
- green Zubat
- yellowish Paras

I also saw a blue Voltorb that SELFDESTRUCTED.

Gen 3
- gold Mightena
- gold Pigeot

Unfortunately they died when my stupid Pokemon Box save file on my Gamecube got Corrupted. They were fukken gold and everything ;~;

Gen 4
(I actually don’t remember getting any)

Gen 5
- blue Pidove the first day of my Black playthrough
- bright pink and brown Vullaby on Black 2

Last edited Oct 30, 2012 at 10:39AM EDT
Oct 30, 2012 at 10:38AM EDT
Quote

Notsocool the Dewott wrote:

New PMD Game on the 3Ds.

About time they stop making their pokemon look like bad Papercraft, I’m looking at you Rumble Blast.


@Adam
Will excuuuse me, I knew about it before but I didn’t see it posted here so I thought I’d share it.

Now well see if they export it. The last PMD games for the Wii never came over here.

It’s also funny how people on GameFAQs will sometimes treat shinies like crap due to their natures and stuff. Morons, they should just be happy they encountered them in the first place.

Last edited Oct 30, 2012 at 10:45AM EDT
Oct 30, 2012 at 10:43AM EDT
Quote

Iamslow wrote:

My shiny pokes -

Gen 2
- green Zubat
- yellowish Paras

I also saw a blue Voltorb that SELFDESTRUCTED.

Gen 3
- gold Mightena
- gold Pigeot

Unfortunately they died when my stupid Pokemon Box save file on my Gamecube got Corrupted. They were fukken gold and everything ;~;

Gen 4
(I actually don’t remember getting any)

Gen 5
- blue Pidove the first day of my Black playthrough
- bright pink and brown Vullaby on Black 2

Oct 30, 2012 at 12:53PM EDT
Quote

@Random 21

Snap, it’s nice to know I’m not the only one that’s happened to. And there’s also this

Also I bought White 2 and I’m doing challenge mode on it, but even the first gym leader was kind of a handful because the fucker’s Lilpup spammed work up and curb stomped all of my pokes. I beat him, but I dunno, I think my team kinda sucks and I should start over while I’m still ahead.

Oct 30, 2012 at 07:08PM EDT
Quote

Iamslow wrote:

@Random 21

Snap, it’s nice to know I’m not the only one that’s happened to. And there’s also this

Also I bought White 2 and I’m doing challenge mode on it, but even the first gym leader was kind of a handful because the fucker’s Lilpup spammed work up and curb stomped all of my pokes. I beat him, but I dunno, I think my team kinda sucks and I should start over while I’m still ahead.

Get a Riolu at the Ranch if you already haven’t, then try Countering it, that’s what I did. Not playing on Challenge, but that’s what I did for Cheren and I’m still using Lucario and I’m on the fifth gym.

Oct 31, 2012 at 12:05AM EDT
Quote

Got Black and SoulSilver today. Silver has been good, but I’ve been having a lot of fun with Black.

Current team right after I got the C-Gear:

Oshawott
Pansear
Lillipup
Patrat

If anyone wants to exchange friend codes, PM me.

Nov 01, 2012 at 12:06AM EDT
Quote

Woo!!!
I found a SHINY DELIBIRD!!!
AHAHAHAHAHA!!! Right before the Giant Chasm I originally went to catch a Sneasel but SHINY DELIBIRD?!

WHAT THE HELL! Delibird is the WORST Pokemon ever to have shiny, it is a useless damn thing. So I fainted it because I hate Delibird.

..and no, it was not Masuda’d because why would I breed a Delibird?

Nov 01, 2012 at 12:12AM EDT
Quote

I’ve seen two shinies before, a self-destructing graveler in HG, and a Shroomish in Ruby. Shiny Breloom was broest of bros.

Nov 01, 2012 at 12:38AM EDT

Weasel wrote:

Woo!!!
I found a SHINY DELIBIRD!!!
AHAHAHAHAHA!!! Right before the Giant Chasm I originally went to catch a Sneasel but SHINY DELIBIRD?!

WHAT THE HELL! Delibird is the WORST Pokemon ever to have shiny, it is a useless damn thing. So I fainted it because I hate Delibird.

..and no, it was not Masuda’d because why would I breed a Delibird?

lol I’d probably do the same thing If I ran into a shiny Delebird, but when it comes to shinies I don’t think you can get much worse than Garchomp

@Ballistic Derr
I actually used Riolu the first time and even though he was helpful, I did a lot better when I started over today, focused only on leveling Tepig up so he could learn flame charge and spammed it the whole battle.

Last edited Nov 01, 2012 at 01:14AM EDT
Nov 01, 2012 at 01:13AM EDT
Quote

Howdy! You must login or signup first!