Forums / General

195,501 total conversations in 5,381 threads

+ New Thread


Featured Featured
KYM Pokémon General

Last posted Jul 09, 2014 at 05:45PM EDT. Added Jul 08, 2012 at 08:44PM EDT
1,659 conversations with 138 participants

Great.

I beaten the World Leaders Tournament, today, just now.

Only to find out that I have to beat it another 9 times to unlock the Champions Tournament.
It doesn’t help that I’m always against Drayden, Clair, Pryce and Whitney.

I hate the developers, always using Focus Sashes, and them rare berries…

Oct 17, 2012 at 11:41PM EDT
Quote

So, I’m up at Drayden’s gym. Any suggestions on what Pokemon to use?

Oct 18, 2012 at 08:59PM EDT
Quote

Ashki wrote:

So, I’m up at Drayden’s gym. Any suggestions on what Pokemon to use?

Use physically defensive Pokemon. A Rocky Helmet will do some good here, his team has pretty much all physical moves. As always, Ice attacks are your go-to, but flinging burns around with Will-o-wisp will render his entire team useless. Weezing was great for this match. Good defenses, Will-o-wisp, black sludge to heal off the damage.

Oct 18, 2012 at 09:04PM EDT
Quote

Ashki wrote:

So, I’m up at Drayden’s gym. Any suggestions on what Pokemon to use?

Ice is super effective. If you have a pokemon that can learn it (I used Lucario), you can get Ice Punch from the Driftveil Move Tutor for 10 red shards.

Last edited Oct 18, 2012 at 09:24PM EDT
Oct 18, 2012 at 09:23PM EDT
Quote

Guys I’m still working on getting the top screen of my DS fixed, but I’m probably going to get BW2 tomorrow and if it still isn’t fixed by that time I’ll probably just get a crappy used gen 1 DS for like 40$ along with it.

I’m still thinking about whether to get Black or White. I got White last time, but looking at the exclusives this time I want to get Black (I really want a Huntail.) Also I think that Beedrill (Black)> Butterfree (White), but Braviary (White) > Mandibuzz (Black). Although I don’t particularly want a Braviary, and I could probably get one off of the GTS with relative ease. What version do you guys think I should get?

Last edited Oct 18, 2012 at 09:57PM EDT
Oct 18, 2012 at 09:55PM EDT
Quote

Jack Candle wrote:

Use physically defensive Pokemon. A Rocky Helmet will do some good here, his team has pretty much all physical moves. As always, Ice attacks are your go-to, but flinging burns around with Will-o-wisp will render his entire team useless. Weezing was great for this match. Good defenses, Will-o-wisp, black sludge to heal off the damage.

D you even get the Rocky Helmet by then? I haven’t seen it, but I’ll try the Weezing thing out.

I’ll also try Ice Punch on Lucario as well…if I can get the required shards since those can be a pain. I’ve been trying to catch a Lapras, but that doesn’t seem to be happening anytime soon.

Oct 18, 2012 at 10:55PM EDT
Quote

If you have Ampharos, it should have learned Cotton Guard at level forty-six. In two turns you can max out defense and destroy him with Discharges/whatever other moves you teach it.

Last edited Oct 19, 2012 at 12:20AM EDT
Oct 19, 2012 at 12:20AM EDT

Wsxdas, The Last Kramabender wrote:

If you have Ampharos, it should have learned Cotton Guard at level forty-six. In two turns you can max out defense and destroy him with Discharges/whatever other moves you teach it.

It’s a Flaffy at the moment, but I could try that as well.

Oct 19, 2012 at 12:37AM EDT
Quote

I have a Beldum, and a Larvitar.

I just need to level them up to 50 and a surefire way do beat the tournament 9 more times. I also hate the fact that Wake’s Quagsire is faster than my Jolteon. WHY IN THE WORLD, IS THE QUAGSIRE, QUICKER THAN MY JOLTEON?!

I don’t like how they EV trained their Pokemon, and had the best choice of items.

Also, if you want a ton of useful shards, lose to the PWT, they’ll serve you a consolation prize of any type. Blue being the most common.

Oct 19, 2012 at 02:36PM EDT
Quote

Weasel wrote:

I have a Beldum, and a Larvitar.

I just need to level them up to 50 and a surefire way do beat the tournament 9 more times. I also hate the fact that Wake’s Quagsire is faster than my Jolteon. WHY IN THE WORLD, IS THE QUAGSIRE, QUICKER THAN MY JOLTEON?!

I don’t like how they EV trained their Pokemon, and had the best choice of items.

Also, if you want a ton of useful shards, lose to the PWT, they’ll serve you a consolation prize of any type. Blue being the most common.

There’s literally no way for Quagsire to outspeed Jolteon. Quagsire’s base speed is 35. Jolteon’s is 130. Must have been a Quick Claw or that priority berry. If not, it’s blatant hax, and Crasher Wake needs to be banned from everything ever for all time.

Oct 19, 2012 at 08:19PM EDT
Quote

Ashki wrote:

So, I’m up at Drayden’s gym. Any suggestions on what Pokemon to use?

Well, I’m not sure how much Drayden’s team has changed, but I suggest Vanilluxe. It looks silly, but it OWNED Drayden’s gym when I played through Black 1.

Oct 19, 2012 at 08:43PM EDT

William Schnell wrote:

Well, I’m not sure how much Drayden’s team has changed, but I suggest Vanilluxe. It looks silly, but it OWNED Drayden’s gym when I played through Black 1.

The thing is, it’s summer in game and I don’t think I can catch that. Hell, I’m not even sure the first form is catchable in these games.

Also, whoever decided to give wild Audinos berries should be shot.

@Dwott: What about the one that says Yamask used to be a person?

Last edited Oct 19, 2012 at 10:18PM EDT
Oct 19, 2012 at 10:16PM EDT
Quote

@Dewott:

Despited only being on a card, that is probably the shortest pokedex entry.

Oct 19, 2012 at 11:08PM EDT
Quote

Well I got a used DSi and Black 2, and I’m currently grinding to take on Cheren. I have a Snivy at Lv 12, a Riolu at Lv 6, and a Psyduck at Lv 9. I think if I can get each one up a few levels (Riolu a bit more than the others) I can take him down with relative ease.

Oct 19, 2012 at 11:52PM EDT
Quote

Ashki wrote:

The thing is, it’s summer in game and I don’t think I can catch that. Hell, I’m not even sure the first form is catchable in these games.

Also, whoever decided to give wild Audinos berries should be shot.

@Dwott: What about the one that says Yamask used to be a person?

>Audino’s with berries
>not using Bug Bite to get free health

Oct 20, 2012 at 02:23AM EDT

Okay, I managed to capture all Legendaries (not counting events) legitimately in the Black 2 version.


Cobalion, Terrakion, Virizon, Uxie, Mesprit, Azelf, Kyurem, Zekrom, Cresselia, Heatran, Latios, Regirock, Regice, Registeel, and Regigigas.
Genesect, Keldeo, Deoxys, Mew, Celebi, Manaphy, Shaymin, Arceus, Jirachi, and lastly, Zoroark, if it is a legendary that is.

I’m a freak, in case you hadn’t noticed.

Catching all of them was a bitch, damn the 3-point catch rate, damn the 3-point catch rate to hell!

Last edited Oct 20, 2012 at 05:27AM EDT
Oct 20, 2012 at 05:15AM EDT
Quote

Wsxdas, The Last Kramabender wrote:

>Audino’s with berries
>not using Bug Bite to get free health

When’s the last time you’ve seen a Koffing with Bug Bite?

Also, Audinos are full of HAX.

Last edited Oct 20, 2012 at 10:58AM EDT
Oct 20, 2012 at 10:51AM EDT
Quote

Ashki wrote:

When’s the last time you’ve seen a Koffing with Bug Bite?

Also, Audinos are full of HAX.

>Attach Lucky Egg
>Gather 4500 exp from a wild pokemon.

I just beat the elite 4. My first hall of fame:
Hydreigon the Hydreigon: Lv. 66 (I used 6 rare candies. Sh*t was so cash)
Zappy the Jolteon: Lv. 59
Cofagrigus the Cofagrigus: Lv. 55
Metagross the Metagross: Lv 59
Ralph the Lucario: Lv. 60
Fitzgerald the Samurott: Lv. 51
I really only used Hydreigon, Jolteon, and Lucario. Metagross helped a bit, and Cofagrigus and Samurott were dead weights.
I really wanted the hidden power Ditto from the Hidden Hollow.

Oct 20, 2012 at 11:37AM EDT
Quote

KI....D wrote:

>Attach Lucky Egg
>Gather 4500 exp from a wild pokemon.

I just beat the elite 4. My first hall of fame:
Hydreigon the Hydreigon: Lv. 66 (I used 6 rare candies. Sh*t was so cash)
Zappy the Jolteon: Lv. 59
Cofagrigus the Cofagrigus: Lv. 55
Metagross the Metagross: Lv 59
Ralph the Lucario: Lv. 60
Fitzgerald the Samurott: Lv. 51
I really only used Hydreigon, Jolteon, and Lucario. Metagross helped a bit, and Cofagrigus and Samurott were dead weights.
I really wanted the hidden power Ditto from the Hidden Hollow.

I’m slowly working on it, but as I said, Audinos are full of HAX, so it’s going tone a slow process.

Oct 20, 2012 at 11:44AM EDT
Quote

Yes. Everyone (me included) slaughters Audino and nobody actually uses them. They actually seem to be pretty peaceful Pokemon; it’s pretty sad when you think about it.

Oct 20, 2012 at 04:27PM EDT
Quote

BalisticDerr wrote:

Yes. Everyone (me included) slaughters Audino and nobody actually uses them. They actually seem to be pretty peaceful Pokemon; it’s pretty sad when you think about it.

I used one in the original White, because I thought it would be a Gen 5 version of Snorlax. It actually sucks though.

Oct 20, 2012 at 09:17PM EDT
Quote

Hell yeah, Legend Badge get with the team of Lapras, Weezing, Swanna, Lucario, Zebstrika and Emboar.

Oct 20, 2012 at 10:20PM EDT
Quote

So I’ve been avoiding this thread so as not to spoil anything. I do enjoy the story of Pokémon. Also, @Adam, I finished the game just south of 100 hours. It doesn’t take much to beat gym leaders for me, I guess, but I do enjoy searching everything in game.

(I also leave the 3DS open as I do chores, homework, and other stuff, so that’s a somewhat inflated number.)


I noticed the Dress Girl who is Shorts Boy incarnate. Was so close to beating the Elite Four and the champion without using a revive and/or more than one restorative items per trainer (I don’t like to give myself an advantage the Elite Four and champion don’t have, and none of them used more than one Full Restore.)

I forget the levels, but everyone was above Level 60 and below Level 65:

Sigilyph
Jellicent
Ampharos
Lucario
Umbreon (basically took out the champion’s team single-handed)
Camerupt

I’d like to replay the game, so if i have money later on, I may get Black 2 and see if I can play it on Challenge Mode. I loved the fact that there was much more variety in what Pokémon you could catch and train.

In fact, for the sixth generation, I would hope that Game Freak focuses less on coming up with new Pokemon and focuses more on new moves, items, and distribution of the current Pokémon.in whatever the new region will be.

Last edited Oct 21, 2012 at 06:35PM EDT
Oct 21, 2012 at 06:34PM EDT
Quote

THAT FUCKING FEEBAS

I think that’s all I have to contribute. Thank you and good night.

Oct 22, 2012 at 12:24AM EDT
Quote

Notsocool the Dewott wrote:


Pokedex Entires, Why u so spooky?

A lot of pokedex entries are just silly as well:

Oct 22, 2012 at 02:14AM EDT
Quote

Well, after another weekend of not even trying, here is my next team update:
Serperior lv 37
Espeon lv 41
Ampharos lv 37
Jellicent lv 41
Vibrava lv36
Lucario lv 37
I really haven’t been on it much (for once). Pokémon has always been a game I like to take my time on (unless it’s a side game which I can complete easy).

Oct 22, 2012 at 06:53AM EDT
Quote

What’s funny is that I haven’t traded any Magnemites and my Join Avenue is just fine….even if one of the vendors says Pit Pat for no good reason.

Oct 22, 2012 at 11:30AM EDT
Quote

I swear to fuck Marlon is Korra’s retarded douchey cousin.

Oct 24, 2012 at 05:25AM EDT
Quote

I finally beat Ghetsis, and he was harder than the first time. I was able to beat him in one try before, but this time it took 3 tries. Why the hell does Eelektross have levitate as its ability when its sprite clearly show that it’s standing on ground?

Oct 24, 2012 at 10:29AM EDT
Quote

Adam DeLand wrote:

I finally beat Ghetsis, and he was harder than the first time. I was able to beat him in one try before, but this time it took 3 tries. Why the hell does Eelektross have levitate as its ability when its sprite clearly show that it’s standing on ground?

They just wanted to give it no weakness. Oh Troll Freak. Speaking of which I’m at that point and I need a good team to beat him.

Also, relevant.

Last edited Oct 24, 2012 at 01:35PM EDT
Oct 24, 2012 at 01:30PM EDT
Quote

Ashki wrote:

They just wanted to give it no weakness. Oh Troll Freak. Speaking of which I’m at that point and I need a good team to beat him.

Also, relevant.

Speaking of Ground Pokemon, my entire PWT team (Jolteon, Lucario, Hydreigon) can be OHKO’d by Giovanni’s Nidoqueen with Earthquake and Superpower. And Brock’s Onyx. Kanto League is hard.

Oct 24, 2012 at 05:25PM EDT
Quote

Ashki wrote:

They just wanted to give it no weakness. Oh Troll Freak. Speaking of which I’m at that point and I need a good team to beat him.

Also, relevant.

You can out-muscle most of his team, but watch out for that Hydreigon. It’s even holding a Life Orb. If you have a Lucario or something Steel-type, that’ll help a lot against him.

Oct 24, 2012 at 05:43PM EDT
Quote

Jack Candle wrote:

You can out-muscle most of his team, but watch out for that Hydreigon. It’s even holding a Life Orb. If you have a Lucario or something Steel-type, that’ll help a lot against him.

Yeah, he still has that damn Hydreigon, and yeah, Lucario is part of my team for this.

Oct 24, 2012 at 05:54PM EDT
Quote

Dude, use a bug pokemon. Toasts them Hydriegons.

Oct 24, 2012 at 06:57PM EDT

Wsxdas, The Last Kramabender wrote:

Dude, use a bug pokemon. Toasts them Hydriegons.

How exactly? Last I recall, dragon was only weak to dragon and ice, unless bug effects the dark subtyping.

Oct 24, 2012 at 10:01PM EDT
Quote

Ashki wrote:

How exactly? Last I recall, dragon was only weak to dragon and ice, unless bug effects the dark subtyping.

Bug moves beat the piss out of Dark types. Why? Because reasons.

Oct 24, 2012 at 10:06PM EDT
Quote

Ashki wrote:

How exactly? Last I recall, dragon was only weak to dragon and ice, unless bug effects the dark subtyping.

Yeah, bug is super effective dark and psychic type. My Galvantula was able to OHKO Hydreigon and most of the psychic E4’s pokemon.

EDIT: NINJAAAAA!

Last edited Oct 24, 2012 at 10:08PM EDT
Oct 24, 2012 at 10:07PM EDT
Quote

Huh, I knew about them being effective against psychics, but not dark types.

Has it always been like that since Gen 2? Also, would Leavanny work? I run one to counter Sismatoad.

Oct 24, 2012 at 10:42PM EDT
Quote

Ashki wrote:

Huh, I knew about them being effective against psychics, but not dark types.

Has it always been like that since Gen 2? Also, would Leavanny work? I run one to counter Sismatoad.

It’s always been like that, it’s just that there haven’t been any Bug moves worth using until recently. Leavanny might just do the trick. Energy Ball/Leaf Blade and X-Scissor will put the hurt on ol’ Gaycheese.

Oct 24, 2012 at 10:45PM EDT
Quote

Huh, never knew that. Insert the more you know star here.

Oct 24, 2012 at 11:30PM EDT
Quote

Ok, I’m heading to the league and this is my team
Lvl 55 lucario
Lvl 55 zoroark
Lvl 71 Volcarona
Lvl 49 lampart
Lvl 52 ferrothorn
Lvl 53 flygon

Not bad, huh? Obviously Mothra Is beast, but the rest are pretty good too. Ferrothorn Is a fucking brick wall. Once I’m done, I get my dream team and legendarys from soul silver and try to make a solid team for the world tournament.
@dark vs bug
It actually makes perfect sense. I mean look at reality, send a witch doctor or medium to get rid of your killer bee promblem, not very effective, but once the swarm ability kicks in, those bees will kill them dead or at least scare them off, super effective. This shits like first grade stuff people.

Have you guys seen these before?


Last edited Oct 25, 2012 at 12:06AM EDT
Oct 24, 2012 at 11:42PM EDT
Quote

That reminds me, I need to head back to the Relic Castle and catch that before I forget about it.

Oct 25, 2012 at 12:09AM EDT
Quote

Haha, caught Volcarona and then went back and trained my team up and this time it was different and I beat Dennis.

The team was

Lucario (Expert belt, and was a bwass taking out Hydreigon)
Vanilluxe (Razor Claw, and was a bwass having froze both Drapion and Elektross)
Lunatone (Twisted Spoon, took out Toxicroak by the skin of its teeth)
Lampent (Wide Lens for Inferno)
Swanna (Mystic Water)
And Leavanny (Miracle Seed, took out Sismitoad, never got to face Hydreigon since Lucario took care of that problem)

Now the other nightmare begins…the Pokemon League.

Oct 25, 2012 at 01:54AM EDT
Quote

And yes, that is Cole Sprouse

Oct 25, 2012 at 08:09AM EDT

Mexx Android wrote:

And yes, that is Cole Sprouse


That’s to all 3 of those pictures.

Oct 25, 2012 at 08:19AM EDT
Quote

>sees shiny lickylicky
>wants lvl 50 female espeon
>trains previously lvl 39 espeon to 50
>prepares to trade online
>Unfortuantly, the pokemon has already been traded to another trainer.

i cri evertim

Oct 26, 2012 at 03:48PM EDT
Quote

Weasel wrote:

>sees shiny lickylicky
>wants lvl 50 female espeon
>trains previously lvl 39 espeon to 50
>prepares to trade online
>Unfortuantly, the pokemon has already been traded to another trainer.

i cri evertim

2sad4me

Oct 26, 2012 at 06:54PM EDT
Quote

Weasel wrote:

>sees shiny lickylicky
>wants lvl 50 female espeon
>trains previously lvl 39 espeon to 50
>prepares to trade online
>Unfortuantly, the pokemon has already been traded to another trainer.

i cri evertim

You think that’s bad, listen to my story.
Okay, so my girlfriend was supposed to come over to my house today because I was going to go take her to a movie. She lives about 20 minutes away, and the movie we were supposed to see started at 4:15, which was in about 40 minutes. I figured “cool, I’ll just play Pokemon while I wait”.
So I’m playing Pokemon, and having a pretty damn good time. Anyway, she finally does show up, except she’s crying as she walks into my room. Instead of doing the right thing by comforting her, I half-focus on my game and her. She starts telling me her cat died, and just as she was getting into it, I get into a random encounter in my game.
A shiny pidgey. Holy shit. (For those of you who don’t know/care, shiny Pokemon have less than a 1/1,000 chance of appearing; 1/8192 to be exact.). I stare into my screen in amazement, yelling “holy shit, YES”, interrupting her mid-story. She sobs more, and she starts to yell “You don’t even fucking care! YOU JUST WANT TO PLAY YOUR FUCKING GAME!” I’m still looking at my screen, still focusing on catching my shiny Pidgey, when she walks over, and tosses the game against the wall. I run over and pick up my DS hoping that nothing has changed on screen, and quickly noticed that she broke it. My system and my shiny Pidgey, gone forever.
I start screaming every obscenity I know, and started flailing my arms around. I didn’t know she was behind me, and apparently I backhanded her in the face while I was being a dumbass and swinging my fists around. She yells out “FUCK YOU”, and runs out of my house in tears.

Last edited Oct 26, 2012 at 06:58PM EDT
Oct 26, 2012 at 06:58PM EDT
Quote

Hi! You must login or signup first!