Forums / Fun! / Creative

11,725 total conversations in 468 threads

+ New Thread

KYM Thread Sim 3 - Deleted Scenes & Special Featurettes!

Last posted Sep 23, 2014 at 05:20PM EDT. Added Aug 23, 2014 at 10:59AM EDT
21 posts from 12 users

When you make a 1 hour and 30 minute film as big as "Know Your Meme – Thread Simulator v3.0", you can be sure some big ideas won't fit in the final cut. Below, you can see two animatics of possible endings to the movie.

These were removed because they imply that cumming inside Blue Screen (of Death) is a bad idea, and that is ABSOLUTELY NOT THE MESSAGE I AM TRYING TO CONVEY IN THIS FEATURE-LENGTH PRODUCTION.

Which of these endings is your favourite? How would YOU like to see KYM TS v3.0 end?

Stay tuned to this thread for more DVD special features that spoil the final version before its December 2014 premiere!

This video here is the full version and lyrics of one of the purposefully-bad songs (that you only hear one second of in the film), when BSoD and friends reach a jukebox in the middle of nowhere. This, and many other bad songs, causes KYM-tan to go crazy and fall off a cliff.

Very sad, and now a major plot point of the 1hr30min KYM Thread Simulator 3 movie has been spoiled for you.

What song would you like to see a "memed on by meme Don" version of? Maybe I'll swap one of the already-recorded songs out, and record your suggestion if it's good enough!

Last edited Sep 02, 2014 at 05:32AM EDT

RandomMan wrote:

Notice the great amount of interest in this since he started the thread.

…wow rm, just wow.

that's really suprisingly mean, even for you. and on a non-riff raff thread too.

if you are actually on the irc when i post these vids, you can see that there is at least SOME interest, otherwise, i would've not posted in this thread again.

i just- wow.

i'm trying to think of some penalty stronger than "remove you from the irc stats forever", because the stats are worthless in the long run.

maybe i'll give the character based on your avatar (in the animated parts of the film) an early death? yes, that seems even. lots of users' avatars "die" in the film, but yours now has an especially early death. don't worry, the users' avatars are transported to an afterlife where a musical number ends off the film. with the exception of your avatar. and you won't be in the credits too (literally every other KYM user is). and a certain mint pony will be next to you in all appearances of the film. no, no, better idea… how about you're riding the pony at all times, because the film is fiction and therefore i can put in things that don't happen IRL. hahaha. yes, that's fair. everything's settled then! thank you for your time.

Last edited Sep 02, 2014 at 08:31AM EDT

RandomMan wrote:

Notice the great amount of interest in this since he started the thread.

Hey please don't stomp on Neon's dreams. He is doing something that is taking a lot of effort and your attitude is not needed.

Last edited Sep 02, 2014 at 07:23PM EDT

NeonWabbit wrote:

…wow rm, just wow.

that's really suprisingly mean, even for you. and on a non-riff raff thread too.

if you are actually on the irc when i post these vids, you can see that there is at least SOME interest, otherwise, i would've not posted in this thread again.

i just- wow.

i'm trying to think of some penalty stronger than "remove you from the irc stats forever", because the stats are worthless in the long run.

maybe i'll give the character based on your avatar (in the animated parts of the film) an early death? yes, that seems even. lots of users' avatars "die" in the film, but yours now has an especially early death. don't worry, the users' avatars are transported to an afterlife where a musical number ends off the film. with the exception of your avatar. and you won't be in the credits too (literally every other KYM user is). and a certain mint pony will be next to you in all appearances of the film. no, no, better idea… how about you're riding the pony at all times, because the film is fiction and therefore i can put in things that don't happen IRL. hahaha. yes, that's fair. everything's settled then! thank you for your time.

there is only one true punishment:

rm forgets he is not in riffraff, a tragedy in one act

curtains open on kym thread simulator 3 thread; rm, wabbit, and blubber enter

rm: Notice the great amount of interest in this since he started the thread. Wow, i sure showed him.

(rm is downvoted and falls to floor)

rm: what

blubber: look rm

(blubber holds up mirror, rm realizes he has become slimecap)

rm: no

blubber: yes

rip

curtains close

Last edited Sep 02, 2014 at 07:37PM EDT

Thanks for the support, everyone (except RandomMan)! Much appreciated :D

Here's another song from the same scene described above. It's slightly better-sounding, but these songs are meant to be PURPOSEFULLY BAD anyway. Only a KYM collector would want to preserve these tunes for the future! Maybe they can be part of a KYM Thread Simulator museum exhibition or something.

This post has been hidden due to low karma.
Click here to show this post.

Wow u guys are thin-skinned.

I'm sorry for insulting your apparently very important thread on the internet, Neon.

RandomMan wrote:

Wow u guys are thin-skinned.

I'm sorry for insulting your apparently very important thread on the internet, Neon.

Hmm… okay then.

However, this thread is actually NOT important. It's just for those who are interested in seeing behind the scenes stuff of a feature-length video. There will soon be more to this thread than just animatics of cut scenes and lyric videos of very badly-made songs.

If you have a problem with me showcasing the behind-the-scenes stuff related to a KYM project on the KYM website's board specifically designed for showcasing things, then when will your negativity stop?

What if someone (who wasn't me) came to this forum, posted their videos, and you said something along the lines of "lol nobody's replied to this thread, nobody cares about you and your stuff haha", which is kinda what you did, and seem to be on track towards doing.

You could've kept Rule 6 of the KYM forums in mind, and said something CONSTRUCTIVE like maybe "Hmm, it doesn't look like people here like behind-the-scenes that much. Maybe post some finished products instead?" and not just charge in with the "This thread is uninteresting and therefore automatically unimportant to everybody – especially me, RandomMan" schtick.

Welp, back to the drawing board for me…

Last edited Sep 03, 2014 at 03:56AM EDT

Yep, another one of these. This is the last one to be embedded in this thread.

The next special feature in this thread will be the "Making-of" one of the animated scenes that will actually be in the final movie. It'll show the animatic, and then animation through different stages (line-art, flat colours, background, shading, etc).

Guys I didn't know the cringe thread was back

I'm sorry Neon, but it seems awful and not the funny intentional awful. While your animations have workable ideas, the art is confusing at some points and just seems like a poor attempt. I know your going for the whole text to speech but in the case of those scenes they just don't work. I think the ends should be vastly different.

While I get the songs are supposed to be bad, they aren't funny and I think that no one should want to listen to them or keep them. The problem is they sound monotone yet as if wanting to try. I think singing it with more passion because in that case it becomes really good or really bad but hilarious and entertaining.

Also where the hell is "Hey now you're a Don star, you're a meme guy, see I aint".

You asked for constructive criticism and I tried my best to provide. Hopefully you take the cringeworthy as nothing more then a joke in poor taste.

How did I completely miss this thread for 20 days?

I am cracking up laughing like a stoned hyena (highena?) at that first song! Why is it so funny? I don't know, it just is. Wonderful!

For a bit of constructive criticism, I gotta admit that the second song sounds like you're milking the same joke from the first so it's not quite so funny this time around, also maybe that voice you used for it just isn't as hilarious as the last one you used. Maybe mix it up a little.

For those two cut endings, all I can say is: lulwut?

Spider-Byte wrote:

Guys I didn't know the cringe thread was back

I'm sorry Neon, but it seems awful and not the funny intentional awful. While your animations have workable ideas, the art is confusing at some points and just seems like a poor attempt. I know your going for the whole text to speech but in the case of those scenes they just don't work. I think the ends should be vastly different.

While I get the songs are supposed to be bad, they aren't funny and I think that no one should want to listen to them or keep them. The problem is they sound monotone yet as if wanting to try. I think singing it with more passion because in that case it becomes really good or really bad but hilarious and entertaining.

Also where the hell is "Hey now you're a Don star, you're a meme guy, see I aint".

You asked for constructive criticism and I tried my best to provide. Hopefully you take the cringeworthy as nothing more then a joke in poor taste.

Thanks for this post, m9.

Now, remember there is a major difference between "animatics" and "animation".

Animatics are just the quickly-drawn storyboard, timed together with the voices to see how it'll work out, and is not representative of the final art as seen in the animation. Nobody here has seen what the final animation art will look like yet. Hopefully that clears that up.

The songs are only heard for a second each (when they cycle through the jukebox in the scene I mentioned) and the only reason they are full songs is to help me decide which is the best second from each song to use. "Hey Now, You're a Don star" will be made next. Thanks for the suggestion.

RandomMan wrote:

You're making a mountain out of a molehill here.

And you're making a heavenly body out of a mountain.

Also, how exactly are you going to kill my avatar? Because Blackjack… is not fond of dying.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hauu! You must login or signup first!