Forums / Fun! / Creative

11,725 total conversations in 468 threads

+ New Thread

Featured Featured
Cosplay General!

Last posted Nov 09, 2014 at 03:05PM EST. Added Sep 01, 2014 at 09:29PM EDT
18 posts from 11 users

Hey! I just got back from Kumoricon, and god dammit we need a Cosplay General. Featuring this so we don't have to make a new one every 3 months.

Here are some pics I took while I was there.

You can find a few pics of me in there as well, so here is my cosplay of Robin from Fire Emblem Awakening:

-

So like post cosplay, yours or otherwise, also progress on cosplay you are currently in the works on is fine as well.

Last edited Sep 01, 2014 at 10:00PM EDT

Captain Vespa wrote:

Dang Natsuru, your cosplay looks great! How long did it take?

I was a bit surprised at the reaction everyone had to the costume. It was actually purchased online and everyone thought it was custom made.

Hell, if that's the quality of all their costumes I will definitely buy from them again.

Well I'll be!

Glad to see this thread up and running again. It might be a while but I'll surely participate in this thread once I get working on my cosplay for Anime Boston. I'm sure you all remember my Medic cosplay.

This year I think I'm going as the Soldier, more specifically my personal Soldier loadout in TF2.
Including:
"The Founding Father"
"Furious Fukaamigasa"
and "Shogun's Shoulder Guard"

Also with the weapons:
"The Black Box"
"Freedom Staff"
and "Righteous Bison"

All I think I need to do is work on the voice.

Also, Nat…… you look a hell of a lot like that guy from5second films.

Proper dope cosplay, I appreciate how he has actually made the helmet too instead of buying a replica Greathelm. Not bad at all.

I personally would go for Wander cosplay from Shadow of the Collosus

It's simplistic and minimal and it's interesting design has always caught my eye

>No "Time to tip the scales" clock.
>No femRobin.
>Empty book page, no spell will be launched from that.
>Clearly not confirmable for Smash.

2/10, git gud scrub. -IGN

How did you even get confessed to?

(Cool cosplay)

I'm curious to know who here have experience with cosplay (and what type). Each cosplay thread always get flooded with cosplays people like, and those that actually do cosplay end up being burried between image dump posts.

RandomMan wrote:

>No "Time to tip the scales" clock.
>No femRobin.
>Empty book page, no spell will be launched from that.
>Clearly not confirmable for Smash.

2/10, git gud scrub. -IGN

How did you even get confessed to?

(Cool cosplay)

I'm curious to know who here have experience with cosplay (and what type). Each cosplay thread always get flooded with cosplays people like, and those that actually do cosplay end up being burried between image dump posts.

I could help with that. As I have some experience in the fields of homemade cosplay. Both the cosplay itself and the props to go with it.

Regarding the actual cosplay outfit, it's always a combination of modifying a base design for actual sewing, and finding (and potentially modifying) some other clothes.

So, for the first part: 1. Find and define what the clothes of the character look like. Then go to a fabric shop, they will always have a large selection of patterns to choose from. Try and find the pattern that best matches the design, and make any necessary modifications from there.

2. When looking for clothes to modify or incorporate my best advice would be to go look at your nearest Salvation Army. That place is a goldmine.

When talking about props, the road can be very difficult, long, potentially expensive, and filled with hidden shortcuts and innovations.

1. From my experience, you're going to find yourself spending a lot of time in hardware stores. But my most prominent point of advice would be to never stop looking for things that could be part of something. It can be anything, a specific cut of pipe, a certain fitting whatever. This applies to everywhere else too. Not just the hardware store.

2. Never stop thinking about how to go about making something or putting it together. Something seem complicated? How can you tone it down into something manageable? Think outside the box and make something work, no matter how seemingly impossible.

Found the Desert Ranger cosplay. Kinda meh looking now that I'm looking at it again.
I'm hoping to remake it this year or next. 3D print the mask and helmet, make the armour out of better foam, get an actual leather duster, that sorta thing.

This year for Halloween I'll probably go as some other TF2 character since they're pretty easy to throw together. Any suggestions/requests?

Well, I actually completed my first cosplay ever this month, which was Big Boss in his MGS3 Vietnam-style design. It was expensive as hell, but I intend on continuing as my budget and time allow.

I've actually thought of 3 pretty recently just because, and they're all from Zelda because I'm kind of into that now. I doubt I'll get to do all of these or even most of them, but I would like at least one. I'll think of more later too. Even if I can't deliver, it never hurts to have ideas for these things.

- Lana. This is a duh for me. It seems ridiculously complicated and nearly impossible for my mediocre skills at this, but I can try eventually and I've seen it done before pretty well.
- Agitha. She's just so coot and creepy at the same time and she likes bugs and I like bugs and I want to do this. About a medium-difficulty cosplay probably. Not as hard as Lana's but I might struggle with some of the parts
- A Gerudo warrior. This one is simple as hell and I'll probably get to do. I just thought of this when replaying OoT for the 30th time and I realized that I'm pretty much a Gerudo since I've lived in a desert valley for all of my life. It's pretty much just stereotypical Middle-Eastern get-up. Nothing too complicated. I'll need the right colors though. I just want to be a generic one but if I want to I could just straight up do Nabooru.

Last edited Nov 05, 2014 at 08:27PM EST

Word Up! You must login or signup first!