Forums / Fun! / Creative

11,725 total conversations in 468 threads

+ New Thread

I've decided to get back into drawing.

Last posted Jan 21, 2015 at 08:26PM EST. Added Jan 14, 2015 at 08:53AM EST
4 posts from 4 users

Due to a lot of pressure from my friends, and a couple of mental epiphanies, I have decided to get back into my drawing habits. To commemorate my new change, I've decided to remake my avatar of Emerson Grey:

I might intend to open up a drawing thread sometime soon once I get better and figure out how to make the camera not suck.

I might not be a pro at drawing but I can give some tips on taking better photos of your pictures

First of all indirect lighting is key. I've notice the picture is pretty dark. Sunlight through a window works pretty well. Whatever you do not use flash. If the light hits a shiny surface on your drawing, it will reflect causing a glaring white spot in the resulting photo.

Second of all, try to keep your camera centered on the photo and the paper itself flat. Also, I'd reconmend to write on regular printing paper if you can't get your hands on those fancy stuff you get at an craft/art shop. Not only does it look better, but its easier to flatten. If you unable to get either of the two, simply tear/cut off the page you are drawing on. Unless if you are drawing a large picture, hiding the rough side where teared will be pretty easy

Lastly, I really like your art style. Just keep on experimenting on different poses, ways to draw, etc. and you'll improve! Please draw some moar

(gah, I made a photography related post on a thread about drawing)

Last edited Jan 21, 2015 at 08:34PM EST
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hauu! You must login or signup first!