Forums / Fun! / Creative

11,725 total conversations in 468 threads

+ New Thread

So I made a Game... Anyone want to play it?

Last posted Feb 08, 2015 at 05:23PM EST. Added Jan 17, 2015 at 11:53PM EST
6 posts from 2 users

That's right. I've been busy for a while now, all to make this thing. It's a game I made in RPG Maker. Currently, it's only a demo, but I plan on providing updates to add more content to the demo. The game is a kinda (not really) collaboration project, because it uses characters that someone I know made up, and characters that I made, but I'm the only one actually working on the game. The game uses mostly RPG Maker's default assets, but I made some custom sprites for the game. So, if you want to play it… click here. Simply extract the file and play the game. (It's the first file called "Game", I believe.) If you're having problems with running the game, you may not have the files needed to run RPG maker games. (I don't know what file, google should help you here.) Tell me what y'all think about it!

Here's the title screen.
(Also, I'm kinda new to sharing files, so if you can't download or run the file, despite having the needed programs or whatever, let me know, and I'll try to help you out.)

Last edited Jan 18, 2015 at 12:03AM EST

Alright, it's come to my attention that the game needs certain files to run if RPG maker is not installed on your computer. You'll need RTP files that you can find here, be sure to get the VX ACE files. This file should allow you to play any RPG maker games that were made with VX ACE.

UPDATE: It has come to my attention that RPG Maker games can't run on mac computers. There is a solution to this, which requires a program called Darwine that lets you run Windows files on mac. But, I think that might take too much work to install or whatever, so if you're a mac user, I'd say don't bother with the game, it'd take too much time to get to run.

Olivia Taton wrote:

did you use C++ / JavaScript ?

No, I used RPG Maker… Which might've been made with C++, I dunno. Anyways, if you're wondering about the RTW files that are needed (which is what I'm assuming) I'm not sure why they're needed to play RPG Maker games, they just kinda are, I honestly don't know why.

Last edited Jan 21, 2015 at 02:41AM EST

Photo Update Time!

For those of you that completed the demo, I bet you were wondering what that big city area was in the World Map… Well, wonder no more.

This is The Central City. It's a huge map with moving cars, lots of NPCs, and huge building. In fact, the whole map takes up quite a few screens.

Here's a shot of the entire city! Those buildings took quite some work to make it so that you could walk behind them…
Anyways, this city isn't a very important part of the game, but it leads into one of the more… unique areas of the game. But, that's for a later update, see you soon!

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

'lo! You must login or signup first!