Forums / Fun! / Forum Games

64,354 total conversations in 719 threads

+ New Thread

Worlds in Balance

Last posted Sep 08, 2014 at 10:44PM EDT. Added Jul 18, 2014 at 12:23AM EDT
536 posts from 25 users

In this game you will take on the role of leader of a space-faring civilization. Your task is to develop your people's technology, settle new worlds, and gain dominance over your rivals. The exact setting of the game is still up for debate, so I will give you three options: Solar System, Star Group, and Galactic.

Solar System will be set in Earth's Solar system, and fairly limited to it. Planets will have detailed maps, all players will start on Earth, infrastructure will not develop beyond a Type I civilization, and the starting year will be 2100. All in all, this will not differ much from other nations RPs with the exception that the focus is on space and not a single planet.

Star Group will be set in an entirely fictional group of stars with a starting of Type I civilizations. Each star system will have detailed planets, but no maps of them. You will start out as a unified, technologically advanced, and customizable race of alien creatures in an entirely customizable system. You can determine the number of planets in your home system and their features based on a point distribution system. Infrastructure will not develop beyond a Type II civilization.

Galactic will be set in the entire Milky Way galaxy with a starting of Type II civilizations. Your people will already control an expansive empire consisting of at least a billion star systems. Technological development will be extremely speculative and will not be limited to any degree. In fact, at this level technology's power will be almost godlike. The ultimate goal of this game will be to achieve Type III civilization status and dominate the entire galaxy.

To apply to join this game, simply vote for one of the above settings in a reply to this thread. Once a setting has been voted upon I will give you a number of fields to fill out giving me the details of your civilization. I will give 24 hours from this post for voting. You may change your vote if you want at any time before those 24 hours expire.

Last edited Jul 18, 2014 at 12:35AM EDT

I vote Galactic. I'm also leaning to Solar System though.

Now correct me if I'm wrong, Solar System is competitive, Star Group is unified, and Galactic is competitive?

Last edited Jul 18, 2014 at 12:32AM EDT

Gary wrote:

I vote Galactic. I'm also leaning to Solar System though.

Now correct me if I'm wrong, Solar System is competitive, Star Group is unified, and Galactic is competitive?

They are all competitive. If you want them to be. I will give an example of what the map will look like for each setting in a moment; I think that will clear up any questions.

Following are a few images illustrating what the game will look like with each option. Be warned, these images are of very bad quality because I made all three in the last hour. The actual game will hold to a much higher standard of quality and will have more map details than shown here.

Solar System: Planetary Map
Each habitable planet in our solar system will have a map similar to this one. I may add new fictional planets, being that currently the only sizable planets are Mars, Earth, and Venus. I may also make these planets easier to terraform. There may also be a map similar to Star Group for the entire Solar system.

Star Group: System Map
Every star system will have a map similar to this one. I intend on creating a custom graphic for each planet, but if this proves to be too arduous of a task I may switch over to a much simpler graphical system. Simple graphics would mean many more planetary systems. Feel free to voice your opinion over which is better. There may also be a map similar to Galactic for the entire star group.

Galactic: Galaxy Map
Homeworlds and star systems worth mentioning will be marked on the map. I cannot think of much else to say; this one explains for itself what it is.

Last edited Jul 18, 2014 at 01:56AM EDT

Oh shit son, I love me a forum game especially a futuristic NatRP with personal customisation. Fairplay to you Syndic for taking up the challenge.

I vote Star Group as Galactic is just far too large scale and will make smaller actions almost unnoticeable and trivial. Star Group on the other hand seems like a nice compromise.

Last edited Jul 18, 2014 at 02:30AM EDT

I vote solar system. It seems like a natural evolution from before.

However, I feel that this option will be quite arduous for you. Won't you need to keep up with maps from several planets?

madcat wrote:

I honestly have no idea what's happening in the Star Group map. Could you elaborate on that?

There will be multiple maps for Star Group, one for each system. The picture I showed is of a system with three planets and two moons that is currently being invaded by two foreign powers, green and red players. The circle around the planet represents how much of the planet is controlled by each player; Hippo Regius is completely owned by Red, Typhoonland is owned by green, and Magnus is split between the two. Xethos and Lunamoona are being invaded, with the defender being yellow player. The flags represent fleets, and the white lines represent a wide distance between the planets (really just a divisor so you know which planets have moons or orbit eachother).

Taryn wrote:

I vote solar system. It seems like a natural evolution from before.

However, I feel that this option will be quite arduous for you. Won't you need to keep up with maps from several planets?

Yeah I would keep a map of every planet, but there would be significantly less detail than a standard nations RP on each map (but significantly more detail than the shit map I showed). Also, smaller planets and planetoids would not have maps. The moons of Jupiter and Saturn, for instance, are much too small to consider keeping any amount of detail for, and I would simply keep track of those under player assets in the text portion of the turn. At most we are looking at five maps(if I add more planets), minimum three (Mars, Earth, Venus).

@Cale: Transitioning between the three would be the Nations RP equivalent of having every player start in Dover, England. Unless each level of play has only one single winner by conquest, I do not think I could make it work.

Syndic wrote:

@Cale: Transitioning between the three would be the Nations RP equivalent of having every player start in Dover, England. Unless each level of play has only one single winner by conquest, I do not think I could make it work.

There's always ways to work around that. Like wormholes.

If customisation is here to stay would it even be fair to play as a race such as the Geth? They require zero sustenance and have a completely unshakeable consensus based "government" which is run via light speed communication network inwhich every geth is connected to.

They are a synthetic race that was created however not exactly "alien creatures" so to speak

Oh shit the game starts now! Is there still room for me to squeeze in? Also Galactic is one I'm willing to try mostly because I can tell things will get crazy in that one.

Last edited Jul 19, 2014 at 12:57AM EDT

CrowTheMagician wrote:

Oh shit the game starts now! Is there still room for me to squeeze in? Also Galactic is one I'm willing to try mostly because I can tell things will get crazy in that one.

No one said when the game starts.

It will probably be another day so he can get everyone's flag, info, starting point, etc. Then he'll need to work on the map, which could also take a while.

The winner is Star Group. I am now accepting sign-ups for the game itself, which will begin with Turn 0 in 24 hours or more, depending upon how long it takes me to set up. You will need to post the following in this thread to join the game. Make sure to fill in every field.

Civilization Name: (This one is easy.)
Civ Flag: (A link to a picture or even just a wordy description of what you want is fine. If you give a description I will make your flag for you.)
Civ Color: (This can be any color but not a shade such as black, white, or gray. You may share a color with another player as long as you have different border colors.)
Border Color: (This can be any color but not a shade such as black, white, or gray. You may share a color with another player as long as you have different civ colors.)
Species Description: (read below)
History: (A brief history of your people and the planet(s) they live on.)
Star System: (read below)

Species Description
Your species can be a human or human variant, but I expect to hear how your humans got here from earth in your history. Do not build a mary-sue ultra-perfect super race of creatures that has no flaws. I expect to see flaws; design something realistic.

You can be as creative as you want, but some things I will not allow. I do not know what these things are yet, so I will tell you when something is unacceptable or needs to be changed. You may also include a picture if you want.

Star System
I was going to use a point system for building your system from a template, but I decided instead that I want to see your creativity so the construction of your homeworld's star system is up to you. Like with species construction, it needs to be balanced. You cannot give yourself ten super-huge earthlike planets without any drawbacks. I consider our IRL solar system to be perfectly balanced, so look to that for inspiration.

Start with the star type(s); it can even be a binary system if you want. You should write the planets in order of distance from the star they orbit. Different planets can orbit eachother in a planet/moon partnership, even if they are the same size. Be sure to also include any details such as homeworld, inhabited, resources, atmosphere, etc.

Last edited Jul 19, 2014 at 07:45AM EDT

I'm very confused about the creation of our own star system. Is this a description or our own graphic? Is there a limit to the amount of planets present? Are you looking for water planets, gas planets, etc? Or big rocks and one earth planet, like our regular solar system?

Either way, I feel that it's somewhat of a mistake to make other users create them. The creativity you're looking for will most likely not be found here. But if creating your star system is necessary (especially if it's a graphic), I suggest changing the 24-hour deadline to 36 or even 48-hours.

There is no graphic requirement for making your own star system, I just want to see text. Just write a bit about each planet and what it features. If you do not want to make yours, you can simply tell me to make one for you. I am looking for a setup that will be interesting to you, the player, and will also possibly fit your species and make starting out and spreading to your first few new planets easier. As for number, I am not sure. I put down sixteen entities (stars/planets/moons/asteroid fields) for our Solar system, and I think that should be the upper maximum.

As for the exact details of your planets, that is up to you. If you want every planet except (or even including) your homeworld to be barren rocks, you can have that. If you want mostly gas giants, you can have that. If you want to be orbiting a pulsar, you can have that. If every one of them is a jungle, water, or earthlike planet there better be some very significant drawbacks, such as supremely hostile natives, flora, or fauna. This could be interesting for a warrior race, requiring you not to terraform but to conquer your first expansions.

Here is an example of what I want, with our Solar system as an example:

Sol – Yellow Main sequence star.
Mercury – Small barren planet with no atmosphere and plenty of craters. Tidal forces of the sun have ravaged the surface, creating strange landforms.
Venus – Large planet with a very thick atmosphere of carbon dioxide.
Earth – Large planet with an atmosphere of Nitrogen and Oxygen and large liquid water oceans on the surface. Human homeworld. Very well developed biosphere with a huge diversity of flora and fauna. Molten core, electromagnetic field.
Moon – Moon of earth. Small barren planetoid covered in craters. Tidally locked with Earth.
Mars – Large barren planet with a very thin atmosphere of carbon dioxide. Water ice exists at the poles and in some places below the surface or in craters.
Asteroid Belt – Low density field of small rocks and planetoids.
Jupiter – Large gas giant with many moons and a very thin ring system. Atmosphere of mostly hydrogen and helium, but also significant amounts of oxygen and nitrogen.
Io – Moon of Jupiter. Extremely active geologically, very volcanic. Atmosphere of Sulfur Dioxide.
Europa – Small, icy, barren moon of Jupiter. Atmosphere of oxygen.
Ganymede – Small, icy, barren moon of Jupiter. Very thin atmosphere of oxygen.
Callisto – Tidally locked, small and icy moon of Jupiter. Atmosphere of carbon dioxide.
Saturn – Large gas giant with many moons and a very thick ring system. Atmosphere almost entirely comprised of Hydrogen and Helium.
Titan – Moon of Saturn with a very thick atmosphere primarily of Nitrogen. Has small oceans of liquid methane.
Uranus – Small gas giant, primarily hydrogen, with a thin ring system.
Neptune – Small gas giant, primarily hydrogen, with a very thin ring system.

You can, of course, but much less detailed than that. I will fill in whatever details are necessary if you do not provide them, and if they are critically important details that will change much about your system I will ask you to provide them for me.

Last edited Jul 19, 2014 at 08:37AM EDT

Alright. Thanks for the info.

Name: Akash
Flag: Here
Civ color: #45B868
Border color: #DD3E59
Species: Crab people.

Very strong, war-hungry creatures. While they are quite powerful, their intelligence is severely lacking, as well as their discipline. They naturally communicate easily with other species and even non-sentient beings, however, this is barely ever used to their advantage, as they tend to resolve things with violence instead of alliance. They feature the ancient warcrabs' great strength and power, as well as naturally occurring body armor. However, they are bipedal and more agile than the ancient warcrabs thanks to their human co-ancestors. They average around seven to eight feet tall at mid-life.

The crab people have gills, allowing them to breath while submerged in water as well as in air. Due to their small brains, they can survive with very little oxygen.

History: Warcrab/human hybrids.

The crabs originated from an Earth-like planet inhabited by humans. A far off colony decided to mate with the warcrabs, creating the ultimate species: crab people. The planet was quickly overrun, all humans that remained being converted to slaves. The planet was soon renamed to Trishul. Soon they expanded on their horizons, learning the art of spacecraft (invented by their human servants) in order to land on the planet named Mahan.

The Akash government is an autocracy based on a "king of the hill" attitude, with the most powerful being worshipped as nothing short of a god. That is, until a more powerful foe overtakes him.

Their pincers, while powerful, do not support the use of intricate tools such as hammers or wrenches. Because of this, they are co-dependent on the human slaves, who run on a class system based on usefulness. The highest class being spaceship mechanists with large rewards such as large housing and luxury foodstuffs. The bottom-barrel workers, who create textiles and other fairly useless supplies, are treated as peasants.

Star system:

• Dipta – A relatively small yellow-dwarf star, consisting of mostly plasma. Nothing special here. Obviously completely uninhabitable by the Akash people.
  • Mahan – A large, swamp-like planet about the size of Uranus. It is about half-inhabited by the Akash military and some human servants. Due to the harsh wildlife and airy terrain, advancement has been difficult. Contains trace amounts of Oxygen in the atmosphere, as well as large Mercury "lakes".
  • Trishul – Earth-like planet, fairly small with little hostile wildlife. Completely inhabited and originating homeworld of the Akash. Contains… Earth-like resources and Earth-like atmosphere.
  • Guru – Colossal planet, about the size of Jupiter. The crust of the planet is nearly 99% iron. Attempts have not been made to colonize it, but there appears to be small water spots on the planet, and life seems possible, though it is nigh-impossible.
  • Jala – About the size of Mercury. It is almost completely covered in water, to about 85%. Small islands with greenery are present, but there is no known sentient life. The core appears to contain large amounts of lithium. The atmosphere is similar to Trishul's, but very humid, and quite cold (-3 degrees Celsius) due to the light of Dipta being blocked by Guru. How the greenery on the planet is possible is unknown. It appears to be habitable, though it is quite far away.

Hope this works for you.

Last edited Jul 19, 2014 at 10:58AM EDT

The Knights Cyber
Civ Flag:
Civ Color: Bronze
Border Color: Gold
Species Description: Robotic Bodies containing the brain, heart, lungs and spine. These organs are what keeps them functioning and are linked to a mainframe. They went with a knight like theme because of the imposing look and a nod to their now ancient history. Although they do not require food but instead needs power and electricity as sustenance. They do not reproduce and require conversion to get more population.

History: The British Government on had planned to start colonizing planets. They got to one which was rich in metals, however the people on the planet need to adapt and thus built and became more and more synthetic and less human. The Overseers of the original operation cut off all ties with their homeworld long ago and then eventually turned almost all humans to these new robotic lifeforms. They became uniform and established as completely militant. Eventually a hivemind was established and has set up it's primary objective, survive and conquer.

Star System:

Bine: This solar systems main sun
Kron: The planet closest to the sun. Mainly barren and empty but is extremely hot
Albion II: The Knights Cyber homeworld and original colony. It was barely habitable to humans but is extremely rich in minerals like Iron.
Waelas: Albion II's moon and is like a smaller version of it. However it has large concentrations of copper and tin..
Caledonia XI: A very cold planet about equal in size to Albion II. A huge part of it is frozen, it has thousands of mountains and is snowing almost constantly
Mann V: A very strange tiny planet inbetween Hibernia IV and Caledonia XI. (You can decide what it is like)
Hibernia IV: A lush green planet. However there are wildlife and very primitive and hostile beings living on it
Aeon: A massive gas planet with a huge ring around it.
Avo: (Not sure what it should be)
Skorn: Hot planet due to many volcanoes. However there are places were volcanoes do not affect.

Last edited Jul 19, 2014 at 11:18AM EDT

Taryn: Application approved, besides some minor details about Jala. I will change these for the first turn. We already discussed it in the IRC.

Spider-Byte: Application approved.

Civilization Name: Saurias

Civ Color: Rust/Pale Red

Border Color: Dark Red

Species Description:

Evolved bipedal symmetrical reptiles, more comparable to a human with reptilian traits, having dextrous hands and limbs, as well as more mammalian thought processes such as empathy and a family-centric social structure. They have soft scaled bodies, poor color vision, are cold blooded, and tend to sizes between six and eight feet tall, and 280 to 400 pounds. There are different castes of differing species, with minor physical differences (tails, claws, etc.), though with very different cultures and values, and are unable to interbreed. They cannot survive without water, a warm climate, and at least largely nitrogen atmosphere. They have naturally short life-spans of less than 40 Earth Years, as well as tending towards "mating seasons" rather than a consistent birth-rate.

History:

Saurias itself is the recent Nominal Autocracy created to unify the various castes and peoples under one government, the name taken from an old word meaning "People". Before that, the Sauriad peoples lived in divided kingdoms and principalities for hundreds, if not thousands, of years, broken only by the occasional rise of a great imperial power. During these "Golden Ages", the vast majority of cultural and technological advancements were made, but eventually the empire would crumble, and warlords would take resume their feuding and power-grabs. The most recent apex has brought Saurias to an advanced age, and such new social technologies and philosophies, as well as the promise of seeing other worlds, have come to break the cycle, leaving the central power in the newly created Saurias.

Star System:

Sun: Main sequence yellow star at the center of the Sauriad System.

Craec: Closest planet to the sun, charred and barren, having only the most pitiful of resources to offer.

Kree: The planet the Saurias live on, the surface is 30 percent water, taking the form of large rivers and deltas weaving the surface. The rest of the planet is dominated by swamps, jungles, and deserts, the latter formed from hundreds of thousands of years of abusing slash-and-burn farming. Has a Nitrogen-Oxygen Atmosphere, and a reasonable amount of Common Metals, but few Rare or Precious Metals. Native life other than the Sauriads consists of large insects and less evolved reptilian creatures.

Svaec: Third planet from the sun, a somewhat cold world with native flora and fauna along its equator and a largely oxygen atmosphere, with large polar caps at the north and south poles.

Ceesk: Very nearly frozen world with no visible life or resources to offer.

Caleekra: Large gas giant planet of hydrogen, having the only 6 moons in the system, as well as several rings around it. One of Caleekra's moons, Caliir, has a thick carbon atmosphere and silicon-based native life, with sparse deposits of natural elements. Another moon, Jeshree, has an Oxygen and Carbon Dioxide atmosphere with no apparent resources.

Ce: Farthest and smallest planet which may or may not be a large comet stuck in orbit.

Civilization Name: Tivvintanirig(yes I did just add random syllables together until it sounded cool)

Civ Flag: Dark green background, large(touching top and bottom of flag) golden-yellow circle in center.

Civ Color: Gold

Border Color: Dark green

Species Description: Humanoid, greyish skin, wide mouth with fangs(fang size is related to rank. Low ranking Tivvintanirig will file their teeth down as they grow, banished Tivvintanirig will have their fangs removed.), eyes range through any color from nearly red through purple to indigo, pupils in shape of six pointed star, when fully opened they are hexagonal. They have no gender and basically reproduce by spitting out (I don't even know what to put here, it's like a bunch of human egg cells but they can combine with each other) which then combines with itself(they can mix genes with themselves or multiple Tivvintanirig can spit in the same place) into up to seven eggs which then use the rest of the combined eggs as food(they make a lot of it. They have a weird period like thing where about every 77 earth days they get really fat and puke this stuff out, sometimes into an incinerator to deal with overpopulation), until they hatch and then it's basically like human babies but without the milk. At about ten earth years old they start growing fangs. They have no hair or nails, don't wear clothes and have largish noses. Their ships are basically asteroids with cities built inside them and engines sticking out the back. They require about eight hours of sleep per earth day. They worship black holes as gods.

History: The Tivvintanirig history is fairly similar to human history(they evolved, walked, made tools, farmed, invented technology, etc.), up until about 2014(wow how imaginative). They then discovered signals from alien life. Then they went to space. They discovered black holes, and of course they started worshiping them and throwing sacrifices in.

Star System:
Teitia: plain old boring star like Sol.

Fanidor: small, uninhabitable planet made of molten iron. Year is about three earth months, day is thirty hours.

Kysa: small, hot, rocky planet with barely any atmosphere. Poles have lakes. Possibly habitable with some terraforming. Year is 9.5 earth months, day is six hours.

Tymtpon: Tivvintanirig home world. Medium earth like planet. About 30% of surface area is water. Poles are permanently covered in massive storms and extremely dangerous. Atmosphere is 10% neon but otherwise about the same as earth. Most of land is desert, the rest is grasslands and small forests of giant red leaved bushes. A bit colder than earth. Year is twenty months, day is seventeen hours.
Teil and Bybi: Tymtpon's moons. Small and orbit on opposite sides of planet. No atmosphere. Teil is reddish orange, and Bybi is lavender. Each of them orbit Tymtpon every six earth weeks. Cold and uninhabited.

Tosorna: purple and orange striped gas giant. About the size of Saturn. Large amounts of carbon monoxide. Very stormy. Likely uninhabitable. Year is thirty seven months, shifts too unpredictably to calculate day.

Va: small icy planet. Atmosphere almost entirely oxygen and helium. Possibly inhabitable with terraforming. Year is six earth years, day is one month.

Wantor: large blue gas giant the size of Jupiter. Often hit by meteors. Many tiny, unnamed moons. Atmosphere mostly ice crystals and dust. Very cold and stormy. Likely uninhabitable. Year is eight hundred earth years, based on major storm locations day is three earth days.
Pae(largest), Tano, Kassr, Fet, Mena and Tesord(smallest): Wantor's major moons. All are small, rocky, misshapen lumps of rock and frozen nitrogen, probably chunks of a larger moon. Thin atmospheres of nitrogen. Extremely cold, orbit in a large cluster every ten earth years. Likely uninhabitable.

Good enough?

Last edited Jul 19, 2014 at 04:18PM EDT

Name: Droresa
Emblem:

Color & Border Color: Limerind [#324F17] & Palm [#608341]
Species Description:
Appearing vaguely cephalopodic, they feature a varying number of thin tentacles attached to a near-featureless head covered in photoreceptors for locomotion, and two thicker tentacles that split into two to six smaller tentacles used for manipulation at their tips. Conversation is made through hormones and pollen, even a passing "hello" usually ending with some fertilized seeds.
Originally having been a genus of carnivorous plant, they were forced to adapt to the increasing size and intelligence of their prey, growing simple organ systems and muscle in their then-branches and roots. Mainly eating rodents and birds, they grab their food and shove it into a pouch under their head for digestion.
Their sizes range from that of a grapes to that of an automobile, the only real limit being access to resources (Carbon, Hydrogen, Oxygen, Nitrogen, Potassium, and some trace elements).
Their lives can continue for hundreds of years, however only the social elite reach such lengths due to mistakes being met with cannibalism.
History: Having fought their way from near the bottom of the food chain to the top in their homeworld, relatively aggressive tendencies grew to be tradition.
Leadership is an autocracy, succession being performed through devouring the previous ruler.
Children are not raised, the vast majority being eaten due to the constant flow of new births caused by the way the species communicates. Those that survive long enough to become a size that isn't easily consumed by others are considered adults.
While individuals do cannibalize each other, those of equal size tend to function well together, due to mutually assured destruction, forming the basis of the society, and forming the only possible path to advancement.
After having completely overtaken their home planet, the species seeks to expand its reach so as to gather more food, and thus they have taken to the stars.
Star System:
Eldan & Plaxis: The two K class orange stars that form the center of the binary system
Afostos: Closest planet to the stars, a terrestrial planet of a moderate size, it has extremely heated surfaces due to its proximity to the stars it orbits, and is mostly covered in molten rock.
Ehbine: Second closest planet to the twin stars, this vast gas planet is significantly further than Afostos and is comprised mostly of Carbon Dioxide , Nitrogen and Sulfur Dioxide. It has 7 moons, Clant, Varius, Dhinyuck, and Leintir being stray asteroids, Junjust, Perioptes, and Periptones being icy comets caught in orbit.
Draftenx: The Third planet from the suns, another gas giant, this one is comprised mainly of Hydrogen, Nitrogen, and Helium.
Fogtira: Fourth planet from the suns, Fogtira is the species' home planet and is coated in lush low-lying forests, infertile mountains, and vast plains, the temperature is warm enough that there are very few permanent bodies of water, the cycle of rain and evaporation meaning a near daily downpour.

Last edited Jul 19, 2014 at 05:22PM EDT

Civilization Name: Requiem
Civ Flag:
Civ Color: Red Like the Nazi's blood when they tried to invade Russai
Border Color: Strong yellow, LIKE SERBIAN WINTER
Species Description: Strong war-like White colored two legged, and four arms, However they fail to think fast.
History: The Ruskies, Nicknamed by a Bunch of Communist Space Marines. they were a bunch of Savages until the humans came, the Ruskies became a Smarter, but fell into Dark thinking, one of them enslaved the humans that came to the Planet, and force them to built ships and technology objects, this was a new Dawn of Communism as the humans teach the Ruskies about it.
Star System:
The Vlad: the big star that holds the System
The Kin: the planet close to the sun, Has minerals of iron and gold.
The Sickle: The planet of the Ruskies, has an atmosphere of oxygen, minerals are mostly Iron and Rarely Diamond.
The Hammer: a planet with a VERY hostile environment, Toxins come out of it, Has allot of daimonds (Too bad you'll die before get them)
The Big Red: this planet is Huge Gas planet, No one knows what minerals this has
The Vietnam: This small planet is a just a mine place for the Ruskies, it does have volcanoes

Honeytiger: Your people are limited to the confines of your star system prior to the game's start, so finding and utilizing a black hole for sacrifices and worship would be impossible unless one of the entities in your system was a black hole. You could possibly upgrade your system to a binary one with one of the "stars" being a black hole eating the other star.

RocketPropelledPanda: Application approved.

Mr.Stalker: Application approved.

Name: The Chimera
Civ Flag/Icon:

Civ Colour:

Border Colour:
A tad lighter than the civ colour

Species Description:

The Chimera is a race of races made up from countless species. There origins however rest in a group of creatures known as Pure or True Chimerans, these pioneers are 15-20 foot long segmented armoured worms, with multiple eyes on their heads and sharp, shearing teeth. They are extremely intelligent beings with telepathic abilities and a hate for most living life. However these "Pure Chimera" are extremely vulnerable and are on the very edge of extinction (see history), it is because of this drastic state that they rely solely upon parasitism tactics to further their goals. A virus, so horrific that it can mutate and reform its host is the primary weapon of the Pure Chimerans, it is their salvation and a means to an end. Packed upon a meteorite the virus is sent to a target planet where it begins to spread like wildfire amongst the populace via means of bug-sized parasites, once the parasite finds a suitable host it mutates them into a slave of the Pure, the first few to contract the virus take the form of a Spinner ofwhich their sole purpose is to produce military variants of Chimera from the enemy hosts. The goal is to assimilate all life on the target world and drag them into the ranks of the Chimera. It is due to this reproductive method that appearance and ability (strains) is almost endless, it is through this cycle that the Chimera have become what they are today, a widely varied conglomerate of assimilated species. This biological weapon combined with the telepathic abilities of the Pure Chimera have lead to the realization of a extremely efficient Hivemind.

(Its basically the same as Alien and the Facehuggers)

The resulting Chimera that is produced from the fusing of Chimeran and Human DNA via the virus.

Repurposed Chimera know very very little beyond warfare tactics but this does not mean that they are devoid of any military structure. When required, Primarchs and Overseers will be formed to lead the foot legions into battle and to enhance the power of the Hivemind, these variants are capable of advanced thought and comprehension but still know of nothing outside of the Pure Chimeras given goals, it is this leadership caste that make up the Pure Chimerans presence on the field. On the other hand other types of Chimera can exist when required, for example if the war machine is short of simple labour then it will waste no time in having Spinners whip up a legion of mindless drones from any organic non-Chimeran lifeform in reach.

The technological levels of this species are beyond incredible, energy based weapons capable of firing heat seeking projectiles, energy shields and colossal war machines are all within their capability. The Chimeran star fleet is a almighty armada of ships made of from a vast number of dreadnoughts and destroyers.
(Disregard this segment if we are all starting on the same tech level)

Chimeran culture is almost null, warfare is the only thing that is really known. Their architectural style is just as bland as their mentality.

They do have weaknesses however, firstly they are unable to reproduce without a host. Secondly, they have a metabolism roughly 12 times that of a regular human, this grants them amazing regenerative abilities and strength but also means that their bodies produce very large amounts of heat, effectively cooking them inside out, to combat this issue all Chimerans are equipped with cooling tanks (see pic) when operating upon warm worlds. It is due to this flaw that they only bother to inhabit very cold worlds. Finally like most races they require basic sustenance (food/water) and resources

In summary the Chimera are a race of races united under an unbreakable and parasitic hivemind.

Sorry for the lengthy description, this race is rather complex when it comes down to it

History:

Very little is know other than the Pure Chimerans once inhabited Earth until they were almost eradicated by a alien invasion roughly 50 million years ago, they ran from the planet and have since lived a life of relative seclusion in a far off star cluster. During this time they have amasses a sizeable army of workers and soldiers to do their bidding. The Chimera only want revenge.

Star System:

Hydra; System star, mid sequence, basically the same as our sun

Canrum: Small, rocky world with a trace atmosphere of methane and krypton. Its surface is mainly composed of magnesium and silicates with deposits of carbon.

Metgos: Large terrestrial planet with an atmosphere of carbon dioxide and nitrogen. Its hot surface is mainly composed of nickel with deposits of potassium and heavy metals. Pressure cooker atmosphere, not exactly habitable

Theyar: Nitrogen-oxygen atmosphere maintained by abundant indigenous photosynthetic plants and bacteria. Life is abundant on this jungle orientate hothouse of a world.

Vectra: A planet much asimilar to a young Earth, temperate climate, primitive life

Chicxulub: Chimeran homeworld, the very few Pure Chimera are found here, surrounded by repurposed strains. Very cold environment, few resources to be found, wildlife is monstrous. All metallic resources are mined from the many moons surrounding the planet.

Last edited Jul 19, 2014 at 08:25PM EDT

Civilization Name: Ashitaka Empire
Civ Flag: See here
Civ Color: #800000 (Burgundy)
Border Color: #335C33 (Jade Green)
Species Description: The Yakkul
A bipedal, mammalian race derived from a quadrupedal, antelope-like ancestor species. The lower leg and foot has retained ancestral qualities such as a cloven hoof, and as a result, they are very naturally athletic, able to run fast and jump high with very little effort. Supplementing this are a large respiratory and circulatory system, allowing them to exert themselves for long distances and periods very easily. The size and shape of their legs can differ slightly depending on their habitat; for instance, mountainous Yakkul have legs built for jumping rather than running. Another vestigal ancestral trait is keratin plate armor covering the back from the neck to the rump and the upper legs, similar to that of the pangolin. They have been described as "armored satyrs."

Their arms and torso are similar to those of humans, although instead of five digits on the hand they possess only three: two fingers and an opposable thumb. Their fingers lack sensitive finger pads, and are instead hard and bony, like a hoof. As a result they are slightly less dextrous than humans. Their faces are narrow and stern, with deerlike ears. Males are generally slightly larger and more powerful than females, and besides lacking mammary glands and large breasts are identified by a patch of black hair along the lower side of the face. They occasionally possess midsize horns as well.

They have an average height of 1.7 meters, and an average weight of 160 pounds, Earth standard. Sexually monogamous, with a gestation period of 8 months and an average lifespan of 80 years. Generally herbivorous, although have been known to eat other animals. They are generally described as stoic and unemotional.

History: The Yakkul homeworld of Sogen is 70% land, most of it flat and covered in grass. After a long period of nomadic, hunter-gatherer existence, communities established themselves along the coasts and rivers, Eventually a feudal system arose with lords and ladies ruling from the vast mountainous plateaus that dominated the landscape. One of these lords, a man named Ashitaka, was more successful at conquest than any of his peers or predecessors, and he and his progeny succeeded in unifying the entire planet under one flag. The line of Ashitaka has lasted for centuries and although the people govern themselves effectively through democratic and bureaucratic means, but the true unifying factor is the reverence the Yakkul hold for their emperor, whom they believe to be descended from heavenly beings.

The stoicism of the Yakkul is explained by their militaristic culture, which values discipline above all. For all intents and purposes, the military is the government, although it is generally considered to be a just and reasonable one. Their religion, called Tamashi, is based on the worship of spirits that are believed to exist within all things; although unorganized, most Yakkul practice a form of it, most commonly through meditation, self-reflection, and the visitation of shrines. It is the driving factor behind their way of life, as all Yakkul seek to better themselves within the confines and doctrines of Tamashi. Many believe this involves continuing the expansion of their empire into the stars…

Star System:

Taiyo: Midsize yellow sun similar to Sol.

Jin and Mugen: two small, rocky planets in a binary orbit with each other. They are theorized to contain valuable mineral deposits, but due to their close proximity to the sun, they have not been exploited.

Sogen: Midsize world about 25% larger than Earth. The Yakkul homeworld. Atmosphere is a nitrogen/oxygen mix. Surface covered in 75% land and 25% water; nearly completely covered in grassland with large freshwater lakes and mountainous plateaus strewn across the surface. Various minerals and natural resources similar to that on Earth.

Mononoke: moon of Sogen. About 34% the size of the planet it revolves. Completely covered in extremely dense forest. Notable for metallic deposits within the soil, giving it a silvery sheen. Home to several clans of enormous, semi-sentient feral animals that are capable of communication but choose to live a primitive existence in harmony with nature. They are believed by the Yakkul to be the physical manifestations of spirits, and travel to the moon is strictly forbidden for these reasons, in addition to the danger presented by the beasts themselves.

Eboshi: A swamp world about the size of Mars. Due to its nitrogen-ammonia atmosphere, pressure suits are required to traverse the planet's surface. Many of the native flora and fauna contain valuable chemical compounds.

Miyazaki: a large, ringed, Saturn-sized hydrogen gas giant in a retrograde orbit around Taiyo. Several moons orbit it:

• Kon: small moon with no atmosphere made colorful by deposits of various minerals. Very seismically active, with many volcanoes erupting daily.
  • Oshii: small, barren moon with nitrogen-oxygen atmosphere. Covered in ice except for a marshy area on the equator. No major resources.
  • Otomo: midsize moon. Atmosphere is a severely irradiated nitrogen-oxygen mix. Ruined cities dot the surface. Was believed to be a colony of some other power that was destroyed in an enormous burst of energy. Deposits of rare metals
  • Yuasa: Large moon with nitrogen-oxygen atmosphere and huge deposits of Uranium and Plutonium. Huge forests of fungus and poisonous plants cover the surface, making it incredibly hard to traverse and impossible to breath due to spores floating in the air.
  • Takahata: small, barren moon. No major resources.
  • Anno: midsize moon with no atmosphere. Both the landforms and ocean contain large amounts of iron oxide, giving it a crimson red appearance. Enormous cross-shaped monuments made of a carbon-steel composite cover the surface in rows. Urban legend says it is a graveyard to some horrible, unknown conflict. No resources.

Maru: Ocean world. Completely covered in water. Nitrogen-oxygen atmosphere, unknown amount of resources. Largely unexplored.

San: Neptunian gas giant. Elements in the atmosphere give it a reddish color.

Part: Plutonian planetoid with lithium deposits. No atmosphere.

Eto: Plutonian planetoid with no major resources. No atmosphere.

Asteroid belt: celestial system furthest from Taiyo. Unknown amount of resources, has not been scouted due to distance and low temperature.

Good?

Last edited Jul 19, 2014 at 08:11PM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Yo! You must login or signup first!