Forums / Fun! / Forum Games

64,395 total conversations in 719 threads

+ New Thread

A Fusion of Flesh and Technology (Zombie RPG)

Last posted Jan 03, 2015 at 04:13PM EST. Added Aug 07, 2014 at 07:43PM EDT
415 posts from 20 users

I've had this idea kicking around in my head for awhile and I have finally decided to give it a go on here. Basically, the game will follow a group of survivors, aka anybody that joins up, of a zombie apocalypse about a century into the future. The zombies in this setting will be a bit different than your average zombies. These zombies will be an amalgamation of rotting flesh and technology, essentially making them biotech zombies so to speak. They are able to infect both humans and any technology that they come into contact.

If you would like to join, post in here saying you're interested and who your character will be by 12 pm EST Saturday. Once noon come along on Saturday, I will go more into detail about the setting, the game rules, any questions anyone has, etc.

Why don't we just call them Cyborg Zombies. Rolls off the tongue better.

I'm interested, though I have to ask if we have to provide detailed descriptions or just a brief sentence on who we are?

I’m interested, though I have to ask if we have to provide detailed descriptions or just a brief sentence on who we are?

It can be either or. The main things that should be mentioned about the characters are their names, ages, and their personalities. If you wish to get even further detailed than that like adding a backstory, you're more than welcome to.

Last edited Aug 07, 2014 at 08:06PM EDT

Cool! Looks like there's plenty of people now so I guess I'll join (yes I'm that kind of person).

Well, as far as my character goes, I'll start now, because why not? It says to "register" the character as well by Saturday so why not now? I will be Sam, a 20 year old woman who keeps hopping from job to job trying to make ends meet while also looking for some excitement. She's tired as hell of her dull existence and just really wants some action. (dramatic irony, LOL) She aspires to be a scientist and is currently taking classes on biotechnology (more LOL). As for skill set, intermediate martial arts training and average fitness level. Not out of shape but not a track star either.

Why a female you may ask?
1. I feel like it
2. This would be a sausage-fest otherwise so we need a token female

I am 64 year old who is a war veteran. My name is Nicolas Vasquez. He seen all the terrors of war so nothing fazes him. He watches old action movies remembering the good old times when things were simple. He keeps himself in shape and now works as a pawn shop owner.

So my character is Jack Garner, a failed comedian who's family was killed in the Cyborg Zombie uprising event and is now an alcoholic. He is a nervous wreck and doesn't trust people. He is 32 years old and frequently reads old encyclopedias to remember the old world.

I’ll write mine too.

Gary, 39 year old office worker. A vague and pain filled past, now forced to carry the burden of regret. Ethics and morals are all but gone now, no one is left trusting in this world anymore, save for the closest friends and companions.

Honest, down to earth, stealthy, sensitive, and practical.

Music for some reason is the one piece of civilization he cannot let go of.

I'll go ahead and get this done so I don't forget it later on.

Anna, a female 20 year old shut-in who has no job and no chance at life whatsoever. She's not exactly the social type, and she can blurt out random things in an incoherent babble when placed into conversational situations. Strangers are bad.

Introvert, shy, a bit clumsy, and knows a lot about cats. Also has some knowledge in computers.

She likes pancakes.

I'm Tyrone Steel, a strong black man recently freed from slavery and sent to the future by Lincoln as punishment for killing forty-thousand Union troops, just 'cause I don't take kindly to their pity.

I'm Don, I'm a 45 year old man dedicated a washed away meme site. It is overgrown with people that have egos the size of the empire state building. I have a psychic connection to gorillas. I am cocky, since I have the power of memes behind me. Also I'm wacky

Last edited Aug 08, 2014 at 12:10AM EDT

Might as well write mines up before the game starts.

Elizabeth, a 24 year old detective. Being involved with a lot of bloody, strange, and disturbing cases has made her a cynical and disillusioned woman, which goes in hand with the fact that she was already an enigmatic, irreverent, and sarcastic person before she became a detective. She actually found several clues about the coming zombie apocalypse before it happen in a few past cases but never put the puzzles together until it was too late. She enjoys reading, music, writing and has a passion for both the supernatural and mythology and enjoys messing with people if she gets the chance too. She also suffers from insomnia and whenever she does sleep only nightmares and painful memories wait to greet her.

While she isn't physically strong she makes up for it be being fast and agile. Plus she also fights dirty too.

LNH wrote:

I'm Don, I'm a 45 year old man dedicated a washed away meme site. It is overgrown with people that have egos the size of the empire state building. I have a psychic connection to gorillas. I am cocky, since I have the power of memes behind me. Also I'm wacky

I died laughing. Thank you for this amazing piece of literature.

Also, now there are 3 girls. I have definitely spoken too soon.

Kevin, a 12 year old boy who was able to survive because of his agility, no one thought that a kid could make it through all the destruction, but luck was on his side. He is your average lad, including strengths and weaknesses. His ignorance about the world will make hard situations for the entire team, but he can be useful sometimes. Kevin's presence may cause some moral dilemmas as the story goes on.

Groot wrote:

Kevin, a 12 year old boy who was able to survive because of his agility, no one thought that a kid could make it through all the destruction, but luck was on his side. He is your average lad, including strengths and weaknesses. His ignorance about the world will make hard situations for the entire team, but he can be useful sometimes. Kevin's presence may cause some moral dilemmas as the story goes on.

In other words…

He was MLG pro.

You may call me…

Derek

Twenty two and still an undergrad student in an anatomy course. When not examining bodies, he took a course in theatre to practice his stage work. Not much physically, but a bright spirit who's read a few books to know his way around. In his free time he practices some mechanic skills such as repair and inventing, fixing many household units and making a toaster that talked, which he carries with him for both someone to converse with and something to laugh at.

Fuck it, let's go.

Jonathan, a 20 year old man who moved to [insert location of the story here] when he was 17. He is the type of guy that likes to get things done, rather than think of the plans himself. He is mostly quiet. Likes reading and video games. He can move pretty quickly, but his short attention span has gotten his friends in trouble quite a few times, sometimes even getting them killed.

Last edited Aug 08, 2014 at 11:26AM EDT

Fish Dick wrote:

Fuck it, let's go.

Jonathan, a 20 year old man who moved to [insert location of the story here] when he was 17. He is the type of guy that likes to get things done, rather than think of the plans himself. He is mostly quiet. Likes reading and video games. He can move pretty quickly, but his short attention span has gotten his friends in trouble quite a few times, sometimes even getting them killed.

Actually, i don't think i want to be a part of this thread, now that i think about it. Doesn't really seem like my kind of thing.

Count me in,

Tommy, an eighteen year old student, taking a course in microbiology. In his free time, he has a job at the local supermarket, plays video games and plays a gig every now and then with his band.
Overall, he's a cheerful, honest guy. But when around people he doesn't know too well, he becomes reserved, and prefers to keep to himself.

Alright, I think I can make my person now.
Prepare your tiny minds for my awesomeness.

Name: Leo
Personality: Smart and insane. And he likes cats.
Description: Male, white(Like pale as fuck), dark brown hair, dark blue eyes, five feet five inches tall, 89 pounds.
Backstory: He has amnesia(Best backstory ever, I know). He woke up in a hospital during the zombie apocalypse. That's about all I can think of.
Skills: Well as I said before he is quite intelligent, he knows some shit about biology. And he has really good hearing. He uses his amazing hearing to be really quiet when he walks.
Un-skills: Nearsighted, wimpy, and not very good at making friends.

Roarshack wrote:

Jeez, everyone in the apocalypse is 20.

I just picked 20 because I really am 20. Also, like Honeytiger said, it's like the prime age for physical prowess.

Last edited Aug 08, 2014 at 03:37PM EDT

Roarshack wrote:

Jeez, everyone in the apocalypse is 20.

Would you like to play a game were everyone was 70 or 80 years old while trying to survive a zombie apocalypse? Granted that idea is really freakin hilarious.

Last edited Aug 08, 2014 at 08:18PM EDT

CrowTheMagician wrote:

Would you like to play a game were everyone was 70 or 80 years old while trying to survive a zombie apocalypse? Granted that idea is really freakin hilarious.

I am making that when we are done with this game. I promise.

CrowTheMagician wrote:

Gravity Falls season 2 episode 1.

Lizzy, a 24 year old antisocial hacker. She knows the ins and outs of just about any piece of technology, including the zombies. The problem is getting her to talk without being gutted. She has a very small frame and wears lots of black, blending right into the darkness.

(Yes, this is supposed to be Lisbeth Salander with the serial numbers filed off. Also, I don't intend to be a main character – just someone the survivors come across. Just let me know when's a good time to jump in.)

>She knows the ins and outs of just about any piece of technology, including the zombies
>any piece of technology, including the zombies
>including the zombies

No. Jimmy, the point of a zombie apocalypse is that the zombies are supposed to be a mysterious force, an unstoppable horde. Having a character who somehow knows the ins and outs of how the cyborg zombies work is ridiculously overpowered. Nevermind that I can only assume that at some point she'll manage to hack these zombies. You know, the ones that are supposed to be a mysterious force. Change your character. Now.

Last edited Aug 08, 2014 at 09:36PM EDT

CrowTheMagician wrote:

My character is 64 and I am fine with that.

level4outbreak wrote:

>She knows the ins and outs of just about any piece of technology, including the zombies
>any piece of technology, including the zombies
>including the zombies

No. Jimmy, the point of a zombie apocalypse is that the zombies are supposed to be a mysterious force, an unstoppable horde. Having a character who somehow knows the ins and outs of how the cyborg zombies work is ridiculously overpowered. Nevermind that I can only assume that at some point she'll manage to hack these zombies. You know, the ones that are supposed to be a mysterious force. Change your character. Now.

First of all, don't be so rude. Second, alright.

I'll probably forget this exists and get kicked, but what the hell, I'll enter.

Name: Amber Nocturne

Amber is the only daughter of the infamous assassin codenamed Nocturne, who disappeared around the start of the zombie apocalypse. She's picked up a few skills from her daddy in preparation for following him into the profession: she can wield anything her small arms can use effectively (knives, mostly) and is extremely adept at avoiding detection. She is extremely paranoid and rash, and has no goals in particular beyond survival and finding her Daddy.

It's nonsensical and fairly Sue-ish, but hey I made it in two minutes

Last edited Aug 08, 2014 at 10:59PM EDT

For everyone that has viewed the thread and would like to join, you have another three hours before the thread is closed for entry. Hurry and join now!

I will also have a character in this game. Here he is:

Name: Gordon Rogers

Gordon is a rather unassuming person. He tends to be as polite as he can but will sometimes break out the sarcasm if he feels it's warranted. For the most part, he doesn't tend to say much unless there is something he must say. Before the zombie apocalypse, he was a folk musician who sang songs about the sea. He also likes to talk about how much better the "good old days" were even though he never saw them himself. His "good old days" monologues has been known to annoy others. In the past, he has worked as a Merchant Marine so he has skills in sailing and ship maintenance. He also knows a little bit about firearms.

Name: Crix ( or was it Chris?)

Crix ( or Chris if he knows how to write his name) was a Dumb, Barely surviving College student who was also a thief, but then the Zombie Apocalypse he became a Dumb Lucky Moron who can barely remember the names of people he meets, however he is good at scavenging.

Alright, so the time frame to join the thread is now closed. The people that will be participating in this story are:

A Furry: No character given yet
Mr. Stalker: Crix
Derpy McHerpyFuckIt: Jack Garner
Cale: Not sure if serious though
Lil B: Again, not sure if serious
Snickerway: Amber Nocturne
Sergeant Arch Dornan: Nicolas Vasquez
Laud Piestrings: Derek
Zorgenflarg: Tommy
GaryTheStoßtruppen: Gary
Witch King: Sam
HoneyTiger: Leo
CrowTheMagician: Elizabeth
…: Kevin
level4outbreak (me): Gordon Rogers

Alright, I think I have everybody listed down. If you aren't listed there and you joined before 12 pm EST today, just let me know.

And now, the rules and mechanics of the game. The way this works is that I already have a general beginning, middle, and end concept for the plot. In this thread, the challenge is now to get to a relatively happy ending. At each plot point, I, the narrator/Dungeon Master/benevolent dictator/whatever else you want to call the position, will present the characters with choices. The characters will band together and discuss what they should do. When the characters signify that they have come to a final decision, the results of their choice will be revealed.

This brings me to the next point: Anybody can die. This is a zombie apocalypse, after all. The way that injuries, death, and survival will be determined is through a dice roll on my part. Death will be determined by rolling between 2-4, serious injury is 5-7, light injury is 8-10, and uninjured is 11-12. These health issues can slow down the group so as a result, you must be careful when choosing a course of action. Almost every choice results in a dice roll and nobody is safe from it.

Between choices, the characters are free to say anything they like to each other. Depending on what they decide to do between plot points, I might, as narrator, decide to throw some dice rolls in there as well to keep things interesting. For example, if a few characters decide to split off to search for supplies, I will roll the die in order to determine what they find, if they get ambushed, etc.

Now that that's out of the way, does anybody have any questions, comments, or concerns before we get things fully underway?

Quick update. I appear to have missed the fact that A Furry did post a character. Sorry about that, man.

So the real list of characters are:
A Furry: Anna

level4outbreak wrote:

Quick update. I appear to have missed the fact that A Furry did post a character. Sorry about that, man.

So the real list of characters are:
A Furry: Anna

Hey, it's okay! People usually forget about me anyways. It's alright.

February 1st, 2147. Albany, New York
Within a room in the Romero Memorial Hospital, fifteen men, women, and children have barricaded themselves in. It has been nearly a month since the Shriekers, as these cyborg zombies have come to be called, have overrun the entirety of the United States. The fates of the other nations as of now are unknown. The amalgamations of rotting flesh and cybernetics that had infested everywhere had gained the nickname "Shriekers" because of the mechanical noise that they would make when they saw the Uninfected. The closest description to what that noise sounds like is a shriek.

The sounds of mechanical shrieks in the distance could be heard. Gary fiddles with a radio, flipping through each of the FM channels. Instead of music, there is nothing but static.

Gordon shakes his head. "Come on, man. Change it to an emergency channel already."

Gary turns to him. "You sure that there'll be anything on that either?" Gordon merely shrugs.

Gary changes the channel to an emergency channel and a harrowed voice is heard. "If you are capable of travelling, evacuations out of the city are commencing now. Stay indoors until you can see the vehicles and when the evacuation staff tells you it is safe to approach."

The survivors turn the radio off. They grab anything in the room that can be used as a melee weapon and remove the barricade from the door. They head out of the room and after a few minutes, they come to a fork in the hallway. They can either go left or right.

1) Go Left

2) Go Right.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Yo! You must login or signup first!