232,636 total conversations in 7,777 threads

+ New Thread

I hate you Disney.....

Last posted Jun 30, 2011 at 12:00PM EDT. Added Jun 26, 2011 at 08:35AM EDT
52 posts from 34 users

Derpy Hooves wrote:

Nah, the fourth one will be "Boats"
The fifth one will be "Bikes"

Then who could forget the "Bikes" sequal?

"Tricycle". Yeah, I'm psyched.

This is gonna be weird. Cars1 was a fine movie. I have a negative opinion of spinoffs and sequels, so I won't be seeing this or Cars2.
And how do they get away with not including Pixar? Don't they do all the animation for Disney? Why would they do this?

Syndic wrote:

This is gonna be weird. Cars1 was a fine movie. I have a negative opinion of spinoffs and sequels, so I won't be seeing this or Cars2.
And how do they get away with not including Pixar? Don't they do all the animation for Disney? Why would they do this?

YOU CAN'T CUT PIXAR! YOU WILL REGRET THIS!

Meh. Let Disney ruin Cars for all I care. They do it to all their franchises, and Rotten Tomatoes gave the second movie a 33% anyway.

I'm more mad that they decided to do two sequels in a row. Come on Pixar, don't ruin your legacy with all these sequels! Come up with original stuff!

Arcadian wrote:

Meh. Let Disney ruin Cars for all I care. They do it to all their franchises, and Rotten Tomatoes gave the second movie a 33% anyway.

I'm more mad that they decided to do two sequels in a row. Come on Pixar, don't ruin your legacy with all these sequels! Come up with original stuff!

I was under the impression that Pixar had nothing to do with this.

Arcadian wrote:

The only movie that doesn't apply to this is Toy Story 3. Anyone who insults that movie will

Toy Story 3 is an exception, but I remember last year just worrying that they would screw it up somehow. I have no issues with Pixar, but I remember being quite pissed last year when they announced Cars 2 and Monster's Inc 2. It was as if they were saying that they were starting a disney policy where every movie must have a sequel. IMO, sequels are a super lazy way to bring in revenue. Pixar just doesn't really do sequels, and that's what I liked about them.

EDIT: Disney owns Pixar, so they own some of the rights to the movies too, including what they want to do with the franchises.

Last edited Jun 26, 2011 at 01:25PM EDT

angrypwnzer wrote:

Can we get a sequel to the Incredibles yet?

They probaly will, some day. They are making sequels to movies that don't even allow room for a sequel, and the ending to The Incredibles makes it seem like a sequel is inevitable.
I doubt it would be a good one. The Incredibles isn't a classic, nor was it as wildly popular as some other movies, so if they do continue with that one, they won't feel bad about accepting a poor script.

I like kids movies like Cars and such and i like transportation especially from kids shows. I want to see Cars 2 but i never heard of Planes…sounds interesting to me…but thats just me. Its for kids so of course alot of people here will be like "laaaammmme" but me a kid at heart like shows like that. So to me i wont find them lame or stupid.

Ashki wrote:

Ugh, I haven't seen Cars 2, but I enjoyed Cars 1, but this is just a DO NOT WANT situation, and how they managed to get away with it without Pixar's permission is beyond me.

Disney owns Pixar.

MDFification wrote:

Because making original movies is too mainstream for hispter Disney.

I'm pretty sure it's well-known that Disney (excluding Pixar) has never made an original animated movie. The closest it ever came was "Lilo & Stitch", which was based on a never-released children's book by a Disney storyboard artist.

The worst part of all: If they keep making moves like this, Disney will transform most of Pixar's masterpieces into franchises zombies.

Remember what happened with The Land Before Time at TouchStone! DX

DISNEY IS CAPABLE OF DOING SOMETHING LIKE THAT!

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

O HAI! You must login or signup first!