Forums / Discussion / General

169,292 total conversations in 5,522 threads

+ New Thread

The Legend Of The Troll King

Last posted Jul 13, 2011 at 12:20PM EDT. Added Jul 08, 2011 at 11:24AM EDT
124 posts from 30 users

A-are you an imposter? I thought everyone knew Revo was the true Troll King!

Jul 09, 2011 at 11:03AM EDT

Troll Face, Anti-Brony! wrote:

Changed my mind, i’m joining back the Troll Army.

Get ready to have your ass raped with ten rakes that are on fire and oozing corrosive acid.

Jul 09, 2011 at 02:01PM EDT

I’m just putting this out there:

Anyone with a lick of experience with trolling has nothing to fear from the so-called Troll King. Epic trolling usually involves some sort of a “trick” more so than simple flame-baiting.

Anyone who falls victim to the self-proclaimed Troll King and his “army” is a fool. The pure fact that Troll King has Troll in his name is enough to cause hoardes of newbs to rage.

Don’t feed them and they will either starve or be forced to adapt.

If they’re capable of adapting, the next obvious step would be for them to stop advertising that they are trolls. This would require that they actually execute some form of lulz-bringing, and I haven’t seen any of that yet.

For entertainment’s sake, I challenge you to troll me, Troll King. How are you going to bring lulz to the community by trolling me?

Last edited Jul 09, 2011 at 02:38PM EDT
Jul 09, 2011 at 02:37PM EDT

Disclaimer: The previous post is not endorsed by Know Your Meme staff, moderators, or Cheezburger and only represents the thoughts and opinions of Onion Young, the artist formerly known as Garlic McNabb AKA Chris Menning.

Jul 09, 2011 at 02:42PM EDT

I think Troll King’s ultimate act of trolling is claiming to troll everybody, while not actually trolling too many people. Very meta-troll. :)

Jul 09, 2011 at 02:46PM EDT

Olivia Gulin wrote:

I think Troll King’s ultimate act of trolling is claiming to troll everybody, while not actually trolling too many people. Very meta-troll. :)

In that case, that’s pretty brilliant, and I commend him for his skill.

Jul 09, 2011 at 02:48PM EDT

Does that mean that Troll King won at Onion’s challenge without even doing anything?

Jul 09, 2011 at 02:49PM EDT

Kalmo wrote:

Does that mean that Troll King won at Onion’s challenge without even doing anything?

Yep, he is a total bad-ass mother troller man.

Jul 09, 2011 at 02:54PM EDT

Kalmo wrote:

Hmm. Nah.

Troll King, somebody dropped this off on my wall recently.

I wanna see if you can take it back from me.

Jul 09, 2011 at 02:56PM EDT

Chris, your about to start something, just don’t.
Stop toasting in this bread.

Last edited Jul 09, 2011 at 03:02PM EDT
Jul 09, 2011 at 03:01PM EDT

RocketPropelledPanda wrote:

I don’t get what is about to start other than the possibility of lulz. I’m not expecting any backup, I’m just hoping to see what kind of mad trolling game the King can bring.

Jul 09, 2011 at 03:08PM EDT

I’m pretty sure you’re troll king. Also T.K. is not a good troll, the first troll hater proves it.

Jul 09, 2011 at 03:10PM EDT

Ashbot wrote:

I’m pretty sure you’re troll king. Also T.K. is not a good troll, the first troll hater proves it.

Oh, ha! No, I’m not TK. When I briefly changed my name to “The Real Troll King” I was hoping he’d take notice and we could begin a dialog.

Jul 09, 2011 at 03:13PM EDT

Chris Menning wrote:

Oh, ha! No, I’m not TK. When I briefly changed my name to “The Real Troll King” I was hoping he’d take notice and we could begin a dialog.

I mean’t rocket propelled panda. He keeps talking about T.K. like a god even though he joined around the time T.K. left, which make things even more suspicious that he joined around the time T.K. left. Also T.K. DID talk about having another profile or 6. Even after all that Garlic Mcnabb stuff happened I still love you chris.

Last edited Jul 09, 2011 at 03:26PM EDT
Jul 09, 2011 at 03:24PM EDT

The lulz are strong in this page.

And now we wait…

Jul 09, 2011 at 03:28PM EDT

Ashbot wrote:

I mean’t rocket propelled panda. He keeps talking about T.K. like a god even though he joined around the time T.K. left, which make things even more suspicious that he joined around the time T.K. left. Also T.K. DID talk about having another profile or 6. Even after all that Garlic Mcnabb stuff happened I still love you chris.

As I have said before, I lurked for a LONG time, I saw a lot of the big events in KYM, and you can have a mod check IPs, TK and I are different people. I just find that when he is here, less trolling actually happens towards normal accounts because he trolls those who would troll others, thus I find his existence here has its benefits.

Jul 09, 2011 at 03:29PM EDT

As I have said before, I lurked for a LONG time, I saw a lot of the big events in KYM, and you can have a mod check IPs, TK and I are different people. I just find that when he is here, less trolling actually happens towards normal accounts because he trolls those who would troll others, thus I find his existence here has its benefits.

What exactly is an IP anyway?

Jul 09, 2011 at 03:30PM EDT

Ashbot wrote:

What exactly is an IP anyway?

IP adress, the ID of your internet connection, someone else could explain better, but that is my definition.

Jul 09, 2011 at 03:34PM EDT

IP adress, the ID of your internet connection, someone else could explain better, but that is my definition.

What if you use someone else’s connection?

Jul 09, 2011 at 03:36PM EDT

Thanks Ashbot. I appreciate it.

Regarding Troll King, if it turns out his “army” is just a bunch of alts, then I’m underwhelmed.

But from his perspective I can see how that could be fun. If I were to do that, I’d create the Bulb Brigade.

Garlic McNabb
Fennel Reynolds
Onion Young
Leek Keats
Shallot Masterson
and Rakkyo Miyamoto.

Jul 09, 2011 at 03:37PM EDT

Chris Menning wrote:

Thanks Ashbot. I appreciate it.

Regarding Troll King, if it turns out his “army” is just a bunch of alts, then I’m underwhelmed.

But from his perspective I can see how that could be fun. If I were to do that, I’d create the Bulb Brigade.

Garlic McNabb
Fennel Reynolds
Onion Young
Leek Keats
Shallot Masterson
and Rakkyo Miyamoto.

I’d be willing to join this army.

Jul 09, 2011 at 03:40PM EDT

Ashbot wrote:

What if you use someone else’s connection?

The IP is really more like the address of your current connection. Some IPs are static (stay the same) and other are dynamic (change regularly.) There are a number of ways you can change your IP or mask it. Banning per IP address is an imperfect system.

I’m not familiar with what security the site takes anymore since I haven’t been staff since November, and I know that there have been upgrades since I left.

Jul 09, 2011 at 03:41PM EDT

Chris Menning wrote:

The IP is really more like the address of your current connection. Some IPs are static (stay the same) and other are dynamic (change regularly.) There are a number of ways you can change your IP or mask it. Banning per IP address is an imperfect system.

I’m not familiar with what security the site takes anymore since I haven’t been staff since November, and I know that there have been upgrades since I left.

That’s my biggest problem with this site. You’re no longer a staff member but you still have the powers of an admin. I can understand just being a mod; but since you no longer work with them, I find it as an easy way to abuse power.

Btw, I think TK isn’t going to troll you because he probably thinks you’re not worth it.

Jul 09, 2011 at 04:19PM EDT

Kalmo wrote:

That’s my biggest problem with this site. You’re no longer a staff member but you still have the powers of an admin. I can understand just being a mod; but since you no longer work with them, I find it as an easy way to abuse power.

Btw, I think TK isn’t going to troll you because he probably thinks you’re not worth it.

There are lots of mods that are not staff and have never been staff. There are mods who’s internships ended ages ago but they retain mod access.

And the original Garlic McNabb account had no special mod privileges and didn’t need any.

Also, I’ve started shampooing with L’Oreal recently, so I’m pretty sure I’m worth it.

Last edited Jul 09, 2011 at 04:35PM EDT
Jul 09, 2011 at 04:32PM EDT

Chris Menning wrote:

There are lots of mods that are not staff and have never been staff. There are mods who’s internships ended ages ago but they retain mod access.

And the original Garlic McNabb account had no special mod privileges and didn’t need any.

Also, I’ve started shampooing with L’Oreal recently, so I’m pretty sure I’m worth it.

You would be more worth it if that joke was actually funny.

Jul 09, 2011 at 04:43PM EDT

“Look, you’re a newfag. And when you’re a newfag you don’t attempt to try to tell the ancientfags what is true and what isn’t about their own website.”
Pat Sajak addressing Garlic McNabb

“Who do you think you are, Chris Menning?”
Katie (same person as Pat, and another whole handful of alts) addressing Garlic McNabb

Even though I’m sorry I upset people, I’m not going to lie. These two moments made me laugh out loud really REALLY hard. In the Acknowledging Common Experiences thread I genuinely wanted to stimulate some critical thinking and debate from the perspective of a new user.

But when my ideas were shut down mostly by users who have barely spent any time editing memes and doing meme research, users who instead just regurgitated old things I had said prior, I couldn’t resist revealing that it was me all along. I’m sorry that egos were bruised but I know I’m not alone in thinking that the irony in that thread was hilarious.

Jul 09, 2011 at 04:51PM EDT

Can’t argue with the facts.

Jul 09, 2011 at 04:53PM EDT

Chris Menning wrote:

“Look, you’re a newfag. And when you’re a newfag you don’t attempt to try to tell the ancientfags what is true and what isn’t about their own website.”

Katie (same person as Pat, and another whole handful of alts) addressing Garlic McNabb

Even though I’m sorry I upset people, I’m not going to lie. These two moments made me laugh out loud really REALLY hard. In the Acknowledging Common Experiences thread I genuinely wanted to stimulate some critical thinking and debate from the perspective of a new user.

But when my ideas were shut down mostly by users who have barely spent any time editing memes and doing meme research, users who instead just regurgitated old things I had said prior, I couldn’t resist revealing that it was me all along. I’m sorry that egos were bruised but I know I’m not alone in thinking that the irony in that thread was hilarious.

Oh no, I won’t doubt that it was funny. When I said I don’t care who you are whether it’s you or Brad, and found out later, I lol’d. The situation was dumb, but the irony of it all was funny as hell.

Jul 09, 2011 at 04:56PM EDT

Why don’t we all just leave the past behind and move forward in life, this website and your statuses are important to you all and that has been shown on numerous occasions, but these back-and-forths between people have never solved a thing. It seems that all that goes down these days is bickering, we were all brought to this site by an equal love of memes and the internet’s culture.This site was never made to host arguments about mod-hood or accidental forum trollings, it was made for discussing caramelldansen’s lyrics and the episode over 9000 originated in.
tl;dr: Why can’t we be friends and let by gones be by gones.

Jul 09, 2011 at 05:46PM EDT

Why don’t we all just leave the past behind and move forward in life, this website and your statuses are important to you all and that has been shown on numerous occasions, but these back-and-forths between people have never solved a thing. It seems that all that goes down these days is bickering, we were all brought to this site by an equal love of memes and the internet’s culture.This site was never made to host arguments about mod-hood or accidental forum trollings, it was made for discussing caramelldansen’s lyrics and the episode over 9000 originated in.
tl;dr: Why can’t we be friends and let by gones be by gones.

I appreciate your sentiment here, but I’m not ready for a forum-wide cuddle puddle just yet.
Instead, I’ll let Katt Williams speak for me.

Jul 09, 2011 at 06:13PM EDT

Chris Menning wrote:

I appreciate your sentiment here, but I’m not ready for a forum-wide cuddle puddle just yet.

Jul 09, 2011 at 06:15PM EDT

Chris Menning wrote:

Jul 09, 2011 at 06:22PM EDT

Chris Menning wrote:

Well, when you made that post as Garlic, I was thinking “If it’s an admin, it’s Chris Menning”
I had been suspicious about it since then.

Jul 09, 2011 at 07:14PM EDT

Katie C. wrote:

Well, when you made that post as Garlic, I was thinking “If it’s an admin, it’s Chris Menning”
I had been suspicious about it since then.

The following days of your massive trolling, the first thing that came to mind is, “If I bash this troll, will I get banned by the admin behind him?”
@Chris, I still respect you, but I can’t believe you did that. That’s like a slap in the face of us newfags. If it wasn’t for Kalmo and Olivia I’d be long gone by now.

Jul 09, 2011 at 10:20PM EDT

The only user I banned was Taryn, and that was motivated because of other people contacting me through Facebook to complain about him harassing them. He’s got a long history of causing problems.

The fact that I banned him publicly at an opportune moment was an abuse of power, I’ll admit that. But my feelings about his value as a member of the community haven’t changed. I wouldn’t react the same to most users.

Last edited Jul 09, 2011 at 10:41PM EDT
Jul 09, 2011 at 10:38PM EDT

Honestly, all of this was motivated in defense of new users. When I tried to post under the guise of a new user, lots of self-important oldfags with low database contributions but high forum contributions tried to chase me out like they’ve done to many before.
I acknowledge that I acted unprofessionally, and I’m sorry about that, but I’m not repentant about my motives.

Jul 09, 2011 at 10:41PM EDT

Fact is, if you want to get into a battle with Troll King so badly he just won’t give it to you; thus feeding himself.

Jul 10, 2011 at 12:15AM EDT

Natsuru Springfield wrote:

Fact is, if you want to get into a battle with Troll King so badly he just won’t give it to you; thus feeding himself.

Because Troll King is the best troll who ever existed.

Jul 10, 2011 at 12:18AM EDT

I’m the greatest troll ever on KYM.

Jul 10, 2011 at 01:15AM EDT

Sweatie Killer wrote:

and by arguing with you, you would be trolling me so I agree

Last edited Jul 10, 2011 at 01:29AM EDT
Jul 10, 2011 at 01:18AM EDT

Sweatie Killer wrote:

By arguing with my assessment of Troll King’s greatness, Troll King has trolled you. By replying to you, you have trolled me. Thus, I have trolled both you and Troll King.

Jul 10, 2011 at 01:41AM EDT

Sweatie Killer wrote:

Yes you are. bows

Jul 10, 2011 at 01:58AM EDT

I actually made this account with intentions of trolling, but I didn’t. Now I can’t go mega-troll or I’ll get banned.

Anyway, welcome back Troll King. I have been waiting for you, so I can see your trolling techniques.

Jul 10, 2011 at 04:08AM EDT

MMC is the best troll ever, and you haven’t even heard of him. When you do, you lost the game and got bunghole-y penetrated.

Jul 10, 2011 at 04:20AM EDT

Wsxdas, The Last Kramabender wrote:

MMC is the best troll ever, and you haven’t even heard of him. When you do, you lost the game and got bunghole-y penetrated.

Because actually explaining what/who something/someone is, is so mainstream.

Jul 10, 2011 at 04:35AM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

O HAI! You must login or signup first!