Forums / Discussion / General

171,529 total conversations in 5,627 threads

+ New Thread


So you want a cure for Pony Fever...

Last posted Jul 12, 2011 at 01:34PM EDT. Added Jul 09, 2011 at 02:20AM EDT
74 posts from 40 users

Jolly Jew wrote:

lol, he just compared FiM to fairy odd parents and home for imaginary friends….

oh OP you are so funny…

although i do agree with, MLP is addicting!

Those cartoons > Ponies

Deal with it

Also, stop being a fanboy bitch, fanboy bitch.

Jul 10, 2011 at 07:30PM EDT
Quote

Original text:

“I don’t think that it is a good idea to antagonize the fans of my little pony friendship is magic because they are very prevalent on know your meme and a flame war would be bad”

…30 translations later we get:

“I do not think it’s a good idea to alienate your fans, members of the magic horse, mostly because they know, Mimi, saying the war was wrong”

Jul 10, 2011 at 07:31PM EDT
Quote

I think this thread is a good idea. Reccomendations of good animated series? Yes!

The execution leaves a lot to be desired though. The name of the thread is really only exploiting the supposed Pony overdose, which has been considerably better recently anyway. Pony’s have calmed down, mentiones in the forums have lessened, and the images uploaded have decreased.

And of course, what happens? Arguments. Arguments over the ponies. Im giving negative karma to everyone who is arguing, whether they be pro-ponies or anto-Pony. Don’t bring arguments into a thread like this.

And DON’T insult someones tastes. Don’t go “LOL You just compared X to X” (not that i mean anyone specifically….pffffft). Cause that is douchey.

And as for a great animated show? Well…

It was amazing. Still is.

Jul 10, 2011 at 07:35PM EDT
Quote

Courage the Cowardly Dog was one of the best animated shows and still is. Deal with it anyone who says otherwise.

Jul 10, 2011 at 07:40PM EDT
Quote

Piano wrote:

I’ll just add this here….


(And remember, if you think that Making Fiends is dumb, just remember your favorite show is about a purple pony who goes around girl-paradise making friends with everyone…. So there).

I FUCKING LOVE BOTH THOSE SHOWS!!!

Jul 10, 2011 at 07:51PM EDT
Quote

CLYDE (Joe's Nightmare) wrote:

I don’t think there is ever an argument you can’t counter.

Some of the bronies I see seem to only like the show because it “makes them feel good”. Which I guess I’m fine with, but it seems a little weird just to like something because you just like something. Seems like rather circular logic.

Then there’s “I like the colors”, or “I actually giggle at this stuff” or “The faces are hilarious!” and whatnot, but that’s an entirely different argument I don’t want to bring up, since humor is subjective and the color thing I have no idea how to approach.

I absolutely do not care what you like AS LONG AS it doesn’t carry you to the depths of “obsession”. And by that I mean the kind where you can’t go 5 minutes (or 2 forum posts) without mentioning some sort of thing involving it. Actually, no, that’s not really obsession, that’s just “sad.” Or Socially Awkward Penguin.

Hrm… well, I haven’t posted a pony on this forum ever… and don’t talk about it IRL… I passed the five minute test! Well, at least I’m disqualified for obsession. That’s a relief.
There are a few people who take it to far, but it really I feel like they’re singled out by people. I mean, come on. We have obsessive fans of sonic, pokemon, anime… pretty much everything has been taken to extremes. But there’s no campaign to try to help these people, there’s complaints about about bronies.

I’m afraid that the hidden issue that a lot of the people have with the show boils down to “stop liking what I don’t like”. But, seeing as you went into the time to make an actual arguement, I can see you aren’t one of them. Congratulations, for you the internet is now serious business! Enjoy intelligent conversation.

Oh, and sorry for jacking this thread. Let’s get back to TV shows, shall we?

Last edited Jul 10, 2011 at 07:53PM EDT
Jul 10, 2011 at 07:52PM EDT
Quote
This post has been hidden due to low karma.
Click here to show this post.

This is what I think of the fandom. I’m so fucking sick of all this pony shit. If I had access to that article, I would DELETE FUCKING EVERYTHING.

Jul 10, 2011 at 09:40PM EDT
Quote

Fine, guys. I’ll admit this just to prove that I’m not one of those defensive types of bronies. I’m a guy, right? Not a girl, a MAN. Yes. And a straight one at that. I used to be one of those haters who hated on MLP:FiM just because the original sucked. And do you want to know the origin of my fandom? It goes like this.

I was hating on MLP. It was so annoying, especially since my friend got into it, and even had the guts to make the excuse that “it actually looks better than the original”. He then watched episodes of it, proving the brony transformation he was denying. That pissed me off even more, being a fan of Call of Duty.
One day, I checked out the “Haters Gonna Hate” entry here on KYM (kind of ironic if you ask me). I scrolled down to the images to hunt for some lulz, but then I saw this extremely adorable purple dragon (surprise, surprise) who I just had to find out the identity of. I stopped for a while and thought to myself, “WAIT THIS IS AN MLP ISN’T IT?! D:”. I then clicked on it, and saw the file name, which said that his name was Spike. So I rummaged Wikipedia for an answer (disambiguations page), then went straight to the fictional characters page. I found it. It WAS from MLP! Fuck.
I couldn’t stop thinking about it. “Is the show really that great? Are the graphics really that amazing?” I tried to drown out those thoughts with heavy doses of CoD Black Ops and Zombies. It didn’t work; MLP’s graphics were eye candy, no, mind drugs. And it wasn’t the bad kind.
I then gained interest in Rainbow Dash, real proof that ponies aren’t “all girly”. I started getting more and more addicted, even secretly searching for pictures on dA, videos on YT, and asking my brony friend who his favorite pony was (Twilight Sparkle, apparently).
I then tried the initiation: not the first two episodes, but rather the 25th episode, Party of One. I downloaded it instead of buffering because my Internet is crap. It was finished, and I sat back and watched the lulz. Damn, it was awesome. I then proceeded to downloading more episodes, feeding the addiction, even downloading them onto my PSP and iPhone. I changed some of my gadgets’ wallpapers to it. I listened to some Ponybeat songs, and even learned “Luna – Dream Mode” for the piano – by ear. I replaced playing Black Ops with watching episodes of MLP and other things in my life were ponyfied.
I officially became a brony. I soon gained interest in Fluttershy for her cuteness an attractive personality, and instead directed my MLP fandom towards her rather than RD. I still like CoD, play it sometimes, but that doesn’t change my bronyhood.
Welcome to the herd, fellow bronies. I am proud to be in, and you should be, too.

Jul 11, 2011 at 06:29AM EDT
Quote

That was… creepy.

Jul 11, 2011 at 07:40AM EDT
Quote

Taryn wrote:

Those cartoons > Ponies

Deal with it

Also, stop being a fanboy bitch, fanboy bitch.

nope.avi

i have seen lots of episodes from both cartoons.
they are greatly inferior. especially fairy oddparents, it is sometimes very unfunny, lame and rushed.

now if you want GOOD cartoons to cure the pony addiction, try spongebob squarpants, phenias and ferb and penguins from madagasqar.

now stop being a bitch hater, bitch hater, let me like what i like

Jul 11, 2011 at 10:32AM EDT
Quote

“Pigs are smarter than bears but they can’t ride motorcycles.”

Hmm… i guess these words from cosgrove can be used in the “X happened your argument is invalid” actually it’s very fitting.

Jul 11, 2011 at 11:06AM EDT
Quote

It’s a good thing I don’t let myself get infected, huh?

also? I suggest you play something like Doom.

You’ll come around thefirst time you get a chance to RIP AND TEAR demo nguts or – even better- fire the BFG-9000.

F**K YEAH DOOM.

Jul 12, 2011 at 05:31AM EDT
Quote

how come no one mentioned avatar: the last airbender yet?
that show is pretty ’fing epic!

also, i watched most of the cartoons mentioned in this thread, none removed my pony fever…

Jul 12, 2011 at 10:40AM EDT
Quote

Has anyone already mentioned Rocko’s Modern Life? That was possibly the greatest Nickelodeon show ever.

Jul 12, 2011 at 12:30PM EDT
Quote

Tahrdan Ismeh Wu-Temporis wrote:

It’s a good thing I don’t let myself get infected, huh?

also? I suggest you play something like Doom.

You’ll come around thefirst time you get a chance to RIP AND TEAR demo nguts or – even better- fire the BFG-9000.

F**K YEAH DOOM.

FUCK YEAH DOOM!

That game is really fun.

Jul 12, 2011 at 12:32PM EDT
Quote

Chris wrote:

Courage the Cowardly Dog was one of the best animated shows and still is. Deal with it anyone who says otherwise.

That too. Gotta love Le Quack.

Jul 12, 2011 at 12:35PM EDT
Quote

Ashbot wrote:

I FUCKING LOVE BOTH THOSE SHOWS!!!

Oh Ashbot, if we really knew each other we would be good friends.

Anyway, let me overlay my favorite (Animated) Shows:

TOP 5:

1st: King of the Hill/Futurama

2nd: Spongebob Squarepants/Penguins of Madagascar

3rd: Family Guy/American Dad:

4th: Avatar the last Airbender:

(Now, let me give an explanation as to why Avatar is in 4th for me. I watched the series as it unfolded on TV, but I never watched the whole four seasons from end-to-end until a couple of months ago when Nick was replaying them. When the series ended it left a hole in my heart. Avatar is that good. I felt like nothing was answered yet everything was answered. I just wanted to stay in Avatar’s world. So, I would say Avatar is one of the, if not the best animated cartoon ever created, but if you’re looking for relate-able characters, and not the deepest experience you’ve ever felt watching TV, than Avatar probably isn’t for you).

5th: The Fairly Odd Parents:

A note about Adventure Time: Meh.

Jul 12, 2011 at 12:46PM EDT
Quote

Jolly Jew wrote:

nope.avi

i have seen lots of episodes from both cartoons.
they are greatly inferior. especially fairy oddparents, it is sometimes very unfunny, lame and rushed.

now if you want GOOD cartoons to cure the pony addiction, try spongebob squarpants, phenias and ferb and penguins from madagasqar.

now stop being a bitch hater, bitch hater, let me like what i like

Oh lord.

>Phineas and Ferb
>Spongebob
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Penguins from Madagascar.

Jul 12, 2011 at 01:34PM EDT
Quote
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

O HAI! You must login or signup first!