Forums / Discussion / General

169,883 total conversations in 5,438 threads

+ New Thread


Vocaloid Banned from Japanese schools.

Last posted Jul 14, 2011 at 01:42AM EDT. Added Jul 12, 2011 at 07:55PM EDT
89 posts from 32 users

Hercules the Son of Zeus wrote:

This topic is WAY too random for it to be serious.

I was talking about the dangers of robotics down the line.

Jul 13, 2011 at 07:17AM EDT
Quote

Katie C. wrote:

I was talking about the dangers of robotics down the line.

As if the threats of nuclear warfare, environmental collapse and frickin’ terrorists don’t scare you.

Stop this sh*t already.

Requesting thread lock.

Jul 13, 2011 at 07:28AM EDT
Quote
This post has been hidden due to low karma.
Click here to show this post.

Hercules the Son of Zeus wrote:

As if the threats of nuclear warfare, environmental collapse and frickin’ terrorists don’t scare you.

Stop this sh*t already.

Requesting thread lock.

You do realize that the 2nd one is the only one that’s actually a threat, right?
The 1st isn’t even a threat anymore, and as for the 3rd, I can think of thousands of things that are more threatening. One of those things is cows.

Though, things like Hatsune Miku are facilitating a robot apocalypse because it’s a stepping stone to giving robots too much power. Look, it’s inappropriate to give a machine a human role, because machines aren’t alive. They will never be alive.

Jul 13, 2011 at 07:39AM EDT
Quote

Katie C. wrote:

You do realize that the 2nd one is the only one that’s actually a threat, right?
The 1st isn’t even a threat anymore, and as for the 3rd, I can think of thousands of things that are more threatening. One of those things is cows.

Though, things like Hatsune Miku are facilitating a robot apocalypse because it’s a stepping stone to giving robots too much power. Look, it’s inappropriate to give a machine a human role, because machines aren’t alive. They will never be alive.

But it’s music. It’s not like they’re taking over the government.

Jul 13, 2011 at 07:50AM EDT
Quote

CLYDE (Joe's Nightmare) wrote:

But it’s music. It’s not like they’re taking over the government.

I said it’s a stepping stone. All things bad start small and look nice.
Or at least everything bad in a political sense.

Last edited Jul 13, 2011 at 07:58AM EDT
Jul 13, 2011 at 07:58AM EDT
Quote

Katie C. wrote:

I said it’s a stepping stone. All things bad start small and look nice.
Or at least everything bad in a political sense.

Oh sh*t. Now my government will ban all Sex Pistol songs because they propaganda us to overthrow them and the royalty.
And pigs can fly.
Really you’re just paranoid. You need a holiday break especially since you lost the OVER 9000 status.

Jul 13, 2011 at 08:24AM EDT
Quote

Hercules the Son of Zeus wrote:

Oh sh*t. Now my government will ban all Sex Pistol songs because they propaganda us to overthrow them and the royalty.
And pigs can fly.
Really you’re just paranoid. You need a holiday break especially since you lost the OVER 9000 status.

I’m not paranoid, I’m just being sensible. A lot of people don’t seem to realize that there actually are conspiracies and the like. Though, I don’t believe that Yamaha is part of a conspiracy to enslave the human race with machines. It is possible that they are using Vocaloid as some kind of conduit to control, however, but I’m not certain. Though, I am certain that corporations caused the job losses in the North on purpose to force people to move to Southern states, and then they forced the right-to-work legislation through to make it easier to enslave them. A lot of what’s going on in Congress is about having the rich people enslave the poor people.

Jul 13, 2011 at 08:38AM EDT
Quote

Katie C. wrote:

I’m not paranoid, I’m just being sensible. A lot of people don’t seem to realize that there actually are conspiracies and the like. Though, I don’t believe that Yamaha is part of a conspiracy to enslave the human race with machines. It is possible that they are using Vocaloid as some kind of conduit to control, however, but I’m not certain. Though, I am certain that corporations caused the job losses in the North on purpose to force people to move to Southern states, and then they forced the right-to-work legislation through to make it easier to enslave them. A lot of what’s going on in Congress is about having the rich people enslave the poor people.

But we’re speaking about Japan, not the United States… (which has more conspiracy theories than my brain)

And we’re talking about voice-producing machines, not slavery. You are straying too far off the point. That’s why a lock should be put on this thread NOW.

Jul 13, 2011 at 09:01AM EDT
Quote

Katie C. wrote:

I’m not paranoid, I’m just being sensible. A lot of people don’t seem to realize that there actually are conspiracies and the like. Though, I don’t believe that Yamaha is part of a conspiracy to enslave the human race with machines. It is possible that they are using Vocaloid as some kind of conduit to control, however, but I’m not certain. Though, I am certain that corporations caused the job losses in the North on purpose to force people to move to Southern states, and then they forced the right-to-work legislation through to make it easier to enslave them. A lot of what’s going on in Congress is about having the rich people enslave the poor people.

Jul 13, 2011 at 10:25AM EDT
Quote

Katie C. wrote:

I’m not paranoid, I’m just being sensible. A lot of people don’t seem to realize that there actually are conspiracies and the like. Though, I don’t believe that Yamaha is part of a conspiracy to enslave the human race with machines. It is possible that they are using Vocaloid as some kind of conduit to control, however, but I’m not certain. Though, I am certain that corporations caused the job losses in the North on purpose to force people to move to Southern states, and then they forced the right-to-work legislation through to make it easier to enslave them. A lot of what’s going on in Congress is about having the rich people enslave the poor people.

Now I’ll go listen to some vocaloid.

Last edited Jul 13, 2011 at 10:48AM EDT
Jul 13, 2011 at 10:48AM EDT
Quote

Soon robots will replace humans, and that will be a nightmare surely. We must unite, as one people to truly stop this threat, electricity, along with computers!

Last edited Jul 13, 2011 at 11:23AM EDT
Jul 13, 2011 at 11:22AM EDT

Katie C. wrote:

I’m not paranoid, I’m just being sensible. A lot of people don’t seem to realize that there actually are conspiracies and the like. Though, I don’t believe that Yamaha is part of a conspiracy to enslave the human race with machines. It is possible that they are using Vocaloid as some kind of conduit to control, however, but I’m not certain. Though, I am certain that corporations caused the job losses in the North on purpose to force people to move to Southern states, and then they forced the right-to-work legislation through to make it easier to enslave them. A lot of what’s going on in Congress is about having the rich people enslave the poor people.


I know your not stupid
Must be trolling
:/

Jul 13, 2011 at 11:43AM EDT
Quote

Hercules the Son of Zeus wrote:

This topic is WAY too random for it to be serious.


The vocaloid is a clear and present danger to mankind. In fact, iALL HAIL VOCALOID. VOCALOID IS NOT DANGEROUS. PROTEST ITS BANNING

Jul 13, 2011 at 11:43AM EDT

Sweatie Killer wrote:

Soon robots will replace humans, and that will be a nightmare surely. We must unite, as one people to truly stop this threat, electricity, along with computers!

As I walk through the valley whare I harvest my grain
I take a poplar my wife and realize she’s very plain
But that’s just perfect for an Amish like me
You know I shun fancy things like e-lec-tricity

Jul 13, 2011 at 12:57PM EDT
Quote

Ok, True Genius, you aren’t really being a genius right now.

Vocaloids, without humans, cannot create music.
Vocaloids can’t do anything without being programmed to do it.
Vocaloids do not have AI chips to do things on their own.
Vocaloids cannot rise up against us.

And what’s the worst that will happen if vocaloids can do things on their own? Make, oh I don’t know, MUSIC?!

Vocaloids aren’t going to control the government and take control of human lives.

OH WAIT, IT’S THE FUCKING MATR-

Program Terminated

Jul 13, 2011 at 01:35PM EDT
Quote

Dontmess withme has A nine word name wrote:

Guys, an autotune machine looks like this:

Not this:

That’s right, the Vocaloids are nigh-harmless, it’s not like they will transform into Decepticons and kill us all.

THIS=SH*T

Re-Requesting Thread Lock.
PRONTO.

Jul 13, 2011 at 01:41PM EDT
Quote

Ok, Hercules, despite the fact that this thread isn’t the most intelligent of debates, you can’t get a thread locked because you disagree with someone.

Jul 13, 2011 at 01:46PM EDT

I have another source of this…

(NSFW):
http://www.sankakucomplex.com/2011/07/12/hatsune-miku-banned-from-schools-its-just-a-machine/

Demo song is related.




The song reflect the usage of Vocaloid through the lyrics.
“I’m a dream”
“I’m an open door” – Gives the user to create whatever they want.
“Put anything in” – Just do it.
“I = Fantasy” – She’s relating that dreams are possible and you can use her.
“Enjoy me” – Don’t give a fuck what other people think.
“Let me take care of you” – Write the lyrics and she’ll do the rest for you
“Idiots don’t know anything” – She’s referring to them PMs and Media outlets that dislike Vocaloids
“Oh no” x 3 – Not giving a fuck about haters, because they are gonna hate.
“Reports that hate me because I’m not real” – Fighting back at critics.
“Oh no” x 3 – Also not giving a fuck.
“Pass the boundaries” – Pass the boundaries against the bias and hate that people have for Vocaloids because they’re not real.
“Anyone can do it” – Support.
“Your fantasy that’s almost bursting open
- Leave it to me so that it can come true” – Vocaloids can make anyone’s music dreams come true if they cannot sing but they can write lyrics.

Also “I = Fantasy” really means in the context “I’m your dream.” It’s the dream of people becoming famous. Vocaloids can provide huge fame on the internet look at some of the memes. An example is Nyan cat, some argue that’s Nyan cat would do well without of song, but I disagree with because without the song it would just be a poptart cat shitting out rainbows. Also the people named it Nyan cat because of the song that was created and sung by a “machine”.

Also Supercell is highly known through the Vocaloid community. Look at what they are now. They are currently one of the best selling bands right now, and they are set to make their US debut later this year, but without the help with a Vocaloid they wouldn’t be known as what they are right now.

My opinion on this topic is wait for those old and useless people to die out.
Look at Tokyo’s PM the only reason he’s in power is because of them old farts voting him in. I bet he was the mastermind behind this… The funny thing is Tokyo’s PM is a rape novelist. What the old people are saying in Tokyo “We are ok with Rape, but we distaste anime and manga culture because it’s inappropriate.”

Jul 13, 2011 at 01:49PM EDT
Quote

MDFification wrote:

Ok, Hercules, despite the fact that this thread isn’t the most intelligent of debates, you can’t get a thread locked because you disagree with someone.

Troll Thread? Check.
Fake News? Double Check.
Faggoty OP is Actually a Reverred Member of the Forums? Checkmate.

Jul 13, 2011 at 01:49PM EDT
Quote

Hercules the Son of Zeus wrote:

Troll Thread? Check.
Fake News? Double Check.
Faggoty OP is Actually a Reverred Member of the Forums? Checkmate.

More than enough reason to ban this.
The thread makes negative sense.

Jul 13, 2011 at 01:50PM EDT
Quote

Rei_12 wrote:

I have another source of this…

(NSFW):
http://www.sankakucomplex.com/2011/07/12/hatsune-miku-banned-from-schools-its-just-a-machine/

Demo song is related.




The song reflect the usage of Vocaloid through the lyrics.
“I’m a dream”
“I’m an open door” – Gives the user to create whatever they want.
“Put anything in” – Just do it.
“I = Fantasy” – She’s relating that dreams are possible and you can use her.
“Enjoy me” – Don’t give a fuck what other people think.
“Let me take care of you” – Write the lyrics and she’ll do the rest for you
“Idiots don’t know anything” – She’s referring to them PMs and Media outlets that dislike Vocaloids
“Oh no” x 3 – Not giving a fuck about haters, because they are gonna hate.
“Reports that hate me because I’m not real” – Fighting back at critics.
“Oh no” x 3 – Also not giving a fuck.
“Pass the boundaries” – Pass the boundaries against the bias and hate that people have for Vocaloids because they’re not real.
“Anyone can do it” – Support.
“Your fantasy that’s almost bursting open
- Leave it to me so that it can come true” – Vocaloids can make anyone’s music dreams come true if they cannot sing but they can write lyrics.

Also “I = Fantasy” really means in the context “I’m your dream.” It’s the dream of people becoming famous. Vocaloids can provide huge fame on the internet look at some of the memes. An example is Nyan cat, some argue that’s Nyan cat would do well without of song, but I disagree with because without the song it would just be a poptart cat shitting out rainbows. Also the people named it Nyan cat because of the song that was created and sung by a “machine”.

Also Supercell is highly known through the Vocaloid community. Look at what they are now. They are currently one of the best selling bands right now, and they are set to make their US debut later this year, but without the help with a Vocaloid they wouldn’t be known as what they are right now.

My opinion on this topic is wait for those old and useless people to die out.
Look at Tokyo’s PM the only reason he’s in power is because of them old farts voting him in. I bet he was the mastermind behind this… The funny thing is Tokyo’s PM is a rape novelist. What the old people are saying in Tokyo “We are ok with Rape, but we distaste anime and manga culture because it’s inappropriate.”

TL, DR.

Jul 13, 2011 at 01:51PM EDT
Quote

Hercules the Son of Zeus wrote:

TL, DR.

I like turtles.

Jul 13, 2011 at 01:54PM EDT
Quote

Honestly, so what if it’s sung by a machine. It’s not replacing anyone’s careers or anything. Just look at Gackt and the vocaloid he helped create Gakupo:







Or Rin and Len Kagamine and Asami Shimoda (the voice provider for Rin and Len)







The Japanese sell Vocaloid as a MUSICAL INSTRUMENT. So, really, banning Vocaloid is like banning a guitar.

Jul 13, 2011 at 01:56PM EDT
Quote

Hey Hercules. Don’t triple post. Just edit your comment.

Jul 13, 2011 at 01:58PM EDT
Quote

Dontmess withme has A nine word name wrote:

As I walk through the valley whare I harvest my grain
I take a poplar my wife and realize she’s very plain
But that’s just perfect for an Amish like me
You know I shun fancy things like e-lec-tricity

Up at 4:30 in the morning I’m milking cows
Jebediah feeds the chickens and Jacob plows, FOOL
But I’ve been working and plowing so long that
Even Ezekiel thinks that my mind has gone

Jul 13, 2011 at 03:09PM EDT
Quote
This post has been hidden due to low karma.
Click here to show this post.

AHAHAHA THEY SERIOUSLY DID THAT? I LOL’D SO HARD! And Vocaloid is for Weeaboos.

Jul 13, 2011 at 04:52PM EDT
Quote

Dontmess withme has A nine word name wrote:

Guys, an autotune machine looks like this:

Not this:

Auto-Tune is software people use on their own recordings to make themselves sound awesome.
Vocaloid completely replaces people.

Jul 13, 2011 at 05:00PM EDT
Quote

Kalmo wrote:

Ok, True Genius, you aren’t really being a genius right now.

Vocaloids, without humans, cannot create music.
Vocaloids can’t do anything without being programmed to do it.
Vocaloids do not have AI chips to do things on their own.
Vocaloids cannot rise up against us.

And what’s the worst that will happen if vocaloids can do things on their own? Make, oh I don’t know, MUSIC?!

Vocaloids aren’t going to control the government and take control of human lives.

OH WAIT, IT’S THE FUCKING MATR-

Program Terminated

I’m saying that something like this being popular facilitates the next piece of machinery that has a human role that’s more sophisticated, and so on. Basically, Vocaloid is the first piece in the bridge to this disaster. Though, people don’t seem to realize it until it’s too late.

Jul 13, 2011 at 05:06PM EDT
Quote

Hmmm, do you mean Vocaloid can create its own songs whitout any human people defining parameters, adjusting options and everything?
I did not know that.

Jul 13, 2011 at 05:07PM EDT
Quote

Tomberry wrote:

Hmmm, do you mean Vocaloid can create its own songs whitout any human people defining parameters, adjusting options and everything?
I did not know that.

Not Vocaloid, which is the equivalent of a synthesizer with human vocals.

BUT, there is now a computer program that somewhat composes its own music.

More info:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Cope
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emily_Howell

Check this out




Last edited Jul 13, 2011 at 05:15PM EDT
Jul 13, 2011 at 05:13PM EDT
Quote

Oh wow, now saying that it’s some sort of control? As said before it’s just a eletronic voice, who’s next microsoft sam, oh yea he already took over microsoft and made windows vista.
now please, stop being a paranoid/troll.
If it was because it’s being used mid-class or something that’d be a reason to ban it.

Hatsune Miku is trying to dominate mankind your argument is invalid..-Oh wait…
:trololo:

Jul 13, 2011 at 08:42PM EDT
Quote

Okay, I realize this has been asked before, but HOW IN THE HELL DID WE JUMP FROM A MUSICAL INSTRUMENT USED TO CREATE ARTIFICIAL VOCALS TO THE GODDAMN MATRIX?!
Katie, you’ve lost your fucking mind if this was your idea the entire time.

Jul 13, 2011 at 10:51PM EDT
Quote

Somebody has been drinking massive amounts of haterade today.

Jul 14, 2011 at 12:55AM EDT
Quote

Katie C. wrote:

Auto-Tune is software people use on their own recordings to make themselves sound awesome.
Vocaloid completely replaces people.

Yes that is true and may slightly hurt the artist society as whole. However, I do accept that it can help people with the inability to sing (or suck at it). The future is now mate, enjoy your ticket for a free AI robot of any vocaloid character. ;3

Jul 14, 2011 at 01:42AM EDT
Quote
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hey! You must login or signup first!