Forums / Discussion / General

172,783 total conversations in 5,667 threads

+ New Thread

Whoa?! Youtube update?

Last posted Jul 16, 2011 at 08:42PM EDT. Added Jul 13, 2011 at 07:10PM EDT
38 posts from 20 users

Okay, there seems to be a new youtube loading bar thing that hides completely. It’s all sleek and black and stylish… Me Gusta.
but it took away the Nyan Bar :(
see here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QH2-TGUlwu4

I don’t really like this new bar. After years of having a grey bar it’s… sort of shocking. But I’m sure some day I’ll get used to it.
(And I’m sure Nyan Cat will return since NO ONE CAN STOP THE RAINBOW!)

Spooky Streetlight wrote:

I dont know why my post got it’s middle excluded >_<

There’s an edit button on your last post to re-insert it. Provided you get this message within the next <7 minutes.

Vincent Morris wrote:

Wow, this update is i guess okay, but i was so used to the old one….anyone know Why they changed it?

Isn’t it part of their Comic Panda thing?

http://knowyourmeme.com/forums/just-for-fun/topics/10419-youtube-and-its-cosmic-panda-layout

Huh Cosmic panda, i might as well check it out
Clueless

Alright Nyan cat.
I wonder what else this user uploads.
Clicks username
Nyan cat slides to the top of the screen
her channel is like a blog
What?
ugh.
goes back to watching nyan full screen
hmm, lets see some related vids.

There are only a few on the side bar.
I’ll click the suggested videos button.
Clicks
moar suggested vids slide out infront of comments
WHAT IS GOING ON HERE?
WTF VIDS CHANGE SIZE WITHOUT HAVING TO FUCKING LOAD AGAIN?
THEY HAVE A HISTORY BUTTON NOW?
AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

If a lot of people view the video in a short amount of time, the view count will hang until it updates later or something. Happens a lot. It’s why the top voted comment is sometimes something like “Thumbs up if you were viewer 301.”

I have the problem:
When there’s an annotation at the very bottom of the video, I can’t click it.
That loading bar hides it when I hover on the video.

No one use Cosmic Panda. It’s really difficult to get used to. It’s too playlist-oriented. It won’t let you watch one video in a playlist, oh no. It will pull up the entire playlist, and won’t let you close it out. “Oh, but that’s not so bad, I’ll only watch that video and leave after that, right?” Wrong. Youtube really kicks you in the nuts by making all of the playlists autoplay. Not even a 5 second delay after the video is over to pause it and look at the comments. It sends you right to the next video. And there’s no way to turn off autoplay. (Or at least, if there is, Youtube did an impressive job of hiding it from me.) This is why Cosmic Panda sucks. Don’t use it for gods sakes.

Power, No Limits wrote:

No one use Cosmic Panda. It’s really difficult to get used to. It’s too playlist-oriented. It won’t let you watch one video in a playlist, oh no. It will pull up the entire playlist, and won’t let you close it out. “Oh, but that’s not so bad, I’ll only watch that video and leave after that, right?” Wrong. Youtube really kicks you in the nuts by making all of the playlists autoplay. Not even a 5 second delay after the video is over to pause it and look at the comments. It sends you right to the next video. And there’s no way to turn off autoplay. (Or at least, if there is, Youtube did an impressive job of hiding it from me.) This is why Cosmic Panda sucks. Don’t use it for gods sakes.

At the bottom of the page, there’s a bar.
At the right side of the bar there’re buttons, one of which is…

Nobody wrote:

At the bottom of the page, there’s a bar.
At the right side of the bar there’re buttons, one of which is…

Not on Cosmic Panda.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Yo! You must login or signup first!