Forums / Discussion / General

170,360 total conversations in 5,458 threads

+ New Thread

An Official Goodbye

Last posted Jul 29, 2011 at 11:00PM EDT. Added Jul 13, 2011 at 11:35PM EDT
59 posts from 47 users

Well KYM, looks like I’ll be leaving you bros. Turns out my parents checked my history, and they see KYM as one of the most visited websites. They click a random thread from my history, and they see I cussed. Then omgwtf they block KYM, just because they don’t want me cussing. They just think mems (how my mom pronounced it) is just a bunch of random vulgar internet crap. So, yeah, looks like I won’t be returning to KYM, until I get a laptop or something. They have this impassible filter on my computer, so I can’t get a proxy. I’m typing this from my phone right now, by the way. But checking a bunch of threads from my phone would be too difficult. Now I might post like once or twice a month, but I really don’t know. So, I’d just like to say thanks for all you awesome kids for being awesome. Every single one of you is awesome in your own way, whether you’re HOH posting Nazi topics, RF goofing around, Alex and SMG being a boss, Taryn talking shit (always funny, though), TK being a bad troll, Ashbot just being a fun guy, Kalmo being his awesome self, Jack Candle being a pimp orange, Christopher the Pimp Abra being a pimp Abra, Captain Blubber being the funniest guy ever, or any of you guys talking about anime, which I personally don’t care much about. Fuck spammers.

This is the greatest forum on the internet. Nuff said.

60’s Spiderman FTW.

Thanks to all the mods for being internet gods and godesses.

I will be back….I’ll try, at least.

Jul 13, 2011 at 11:35PM EDT

Also, who will RussianFedora’s man crush be now? It can’t be me, I already can barely keep Taryn off of me! I just can’t do it man! I CAN’T DO IT!

Last edited Jul 13, 2011 at 11:44PM EDT
Jul 13, 2011 at 11:38PM EDT

any of you guys talking about anime

I was personally mentioned. This warms an old man’s heart. Dunno who he is, but he’s out there somewhere… warm. Anyway, goodbye Dane. hope to see you around maybe when school starts and you can use their computers. Or perhaps when your parents drop the despotism and let you back.
That’s quite a lot to type with a phone.

I had a feeling you weren’t allowed to cuss like that, but I wish you good Kramas in your following adventures.

Later, bro.

This is the second time this week I’ve lost one of my Internet bros.

Last edited Jul 13, 2011 at 11:42PM EDT

I can’t believe it. It’s outrageous.

We’ll miss you Dane. I will. I know RF will. I sincerely hope you make it back.

Jul 13, 2011 at 11:41PM EDT

You haven’t seem much of me but I have seen a lot of you and will miss you like hell!!

Last edited Jul 13, 2011 at 11:44PM EDT
Jul 13, 2011 at 11:42PM EDT

I will miss you :(

Last edited Jul 13, 2011 at 11:51PM EDT
Jul 13, 2011 at 11:42PM EDT

I was wondering where on earth you’d been these last few weeks. What a shame….I sure as hell hope you can return one day, and that you can work this out with your parents. A great loss to the community.

Jul 13, 2011 at 11:46PM EDT

Well…. Goodbye. We will try to carry o-…. O-….. On-AHHHHHHH! DON’T GO DAAAAANNNEEE! BWAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH! YOU WERE ONE OF THE BEST MEMBERS EEEVVVEEERRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jul 13, 2011 at 11:48PM EDT

Damn, Dane. That really sucks. And yes, using your phone on KYM is annoying, but I did for a month until I got my computer back. Hope to hear from you again bro.

Manly Tears

RF below

Jul 13, 2011 at 11:54PM EDT

Dane isn’t going to know who most of you are with all the Osokaness.

Jul 13, 2011 at 11:56PM EDT

Fare thee well, Dane. It’s been fun. Also, if you want to pop in and say hi, try going to webchat.freenode.net and joining the #knowyourmeme room to say hi in the IRC, as your parents may not have blocked that.

Jul 13, 2011 at 11:57PM EDT

I don’t know what to say…

You were definitely a recognizable personality that I will miss, and the forums won’t be the same without you :(

Damn.

Jul 13, 2011 at 11:58PM EDT

He was a great man,
He stole our burgers,
Yet he stole our hearts.
Good night sweet prince.

R.I.P. Dane

Jul 14, 2011 at 12:17AM EDT

Also, IRC was talking, and since Dane loves 60’s Spiderman, today’s day will be dedicated to him, while keeping the Spidey theme!

Jul 14, 2011 at 12:23AM EDT

I rarely talked to him… I wish I would of talked to him while I had the chance. I always thought he was one of T.K.‘s army so I ignored him. Curse my ignorance!(If that’s the right word)

Jul 14, 2011 at 12:43AM EDT

That sucks… I feel for you, bro

Check in every once and a while to see how we’re doing, ’kay?
May your departure not be in vain!

Jul 14, 2011 at 12:46AM EDT

I got an idea! Put a magnet on the filter and another in the trash so science happens.

Srsly bye though I’ll miss you.

Jul 14, 2011 at 12:55AM EDT

I’m so sorry to hear about this! T~T

But KYM was blocked because you cussed? You have got to be kidding me…
You have to find a way out of this. What’s wrong with swearing here and there? You’re not a child anymore :C

Don’t forget about us. If getting a new laptop/computer is the only way back here, we will wait for your return, Dane.

Jul 14, 2011 at 01:23AM EDT

DANE. NO. WHYYY!?

You save them dollars and get yourself a netbook or something. I will not be happy until I see you again! :( As Chris suggested, be sure to come intot he IRC now and again. :D

So, I tried finding a gif of “walking into the sunset” for you, but Junice came up instead. It’s better?

Jul 14, 2011 at 02:01AM EDT

Dane, use what I posted on your wall. That’s your best shot to bypassing the barrier.

Jul 14, 2011 at 06:03AM EDT

Damn dane that’s bad luck. Stay safe man, hope you can return soon.

And I know that image isn’t 60s, but it’s the best I could do. Don’t let your parents get you down.

Jul 14, 2011 at 06:08AM EDT

I thought Dane and Daniel were always the same, guess I was wrong, who is Dane anyways?

Jul 14, 2011 at 09:52AM EDT

I need to shed some tears of my own…

Hopefully my tears can bring you back to us someday……

Jul 14, 2011 at 10:23AM EDT

I’mma miss you Dane. We all will miss you. :(
That really sucks though.
But in a way I’m sure you’ll return. Just not any time soon…

Last edited Jul 14, 2011 at 11:02AM EDT
Jul 14, 2011 at 10:55AM EDT

This makes me sad panda.

So long Dane. I hope the IRL works out for you.

Jul 14, 2011 at 05:56PM EDT

this is sad. Cheezburger really needs to make a mobile site, for reasons like this AND for vacationing users, the ones stuck without a normal computer. Make it happen, Cheezburger!

Jul 14, 2011 at 06:01PM EDT

God Bless You, and God Bless the KYM forums.
You will be surely missed, Dane.

Jul 14, 2011 at 10:27PM EDT

oh well… that’s pretty bad.
But why don’t you put a password or whatsoever so you can block their access to the PC? or why don’t you uninstall the filter somehow? if i knew more about this specific filter i would try to help you get out of this situation.

and if somehow you’re able to take the filter off try accessing KYM as incognito, so they won’t trouble you anymore.

Jul 15, 2011 at 01:53AM EDT

A 34 Krama get. Pretty nice send of for Dane =)

Jul 15, 2011 at 04:45AM EDT

Why do things always happen when I’m not here?
Anyways bye Dane, you were a pretty cool guy.

Jul 17, 2011 at 03:54PM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hauu! You must login or signup first!