Forums / Discussion / General

169,909 total conversations in 5,440 threads

+ New Thread

Anyone Else Getting Sick of Rage Comics?

Last posted Jul 23, 2011 at 11:36AM EDT. Added Jul 22, 2011 at 04:08PM EDT
34 posts from 20 users

IMO, they started to get old when Cheezburger gave them their own site.

Jul 22, 2011 at 04:08PM EDT

Somewhat. I prefer that people learn to draw rather than simply assembling things out of templates, but Rage Faces can be a fun way for the non-artistic to share their jokes in image form. At the same time, that one little comic I made that got all those karma points probably wouldn’t have had as big as an impact had I not drawn it myself. (‘-’ )

Jul 22, 2011 at 04:10PM EDT

the Rage Comics success lies on the fact that anyone can open up a rage maker and start sharing their story in comic form. The crudely drawn rage faces add up to the amateur nature of the comics. Sure some comics are a piece of crap, but there are good and funny ones in F7U12

Jul 22, 2011 at 04:24PM EDT

No, i’m not getting sick of’em, some are rather funny while others are rather plain… dumb, for me it depends on the story/situation of the comic, and how the rage faces fit with the story, if it’s good hilarity ensues, if not “well who cares”

Jul 22, 2011 at 04:29PM EDT

OMG YES!! I CAN’T STAND THEM!!!

Jul 22, 2011 at 05:42PM EDT

I like when they’re generally relatable :3

Jul 22, 2011 at 06:33PM EDT

Hmmm…

Well, long rage comics with a good punch line are in top tier by now. Rage comics as a whole are starting to get too casual. Needs more classic rage guy.

Last edited Jul 22, 2011 at 07:02PM EDT
Jul 22, 2011 at 07:01PM EDT

Just cuz it’s old doesn’t make it terrible. I don’t actively search out rage comics, but the one’s I occasionally do see are occasionally good enough to make me laugh. I think its a versatile enough of a medium that they will be around for a long time, so you might as well get use to them.

Jul 22, 2011 at 07:30PM EDT

You sir, are on the wrong site if you do not like rage comics.

The purpose, and reason memes like the rage guy comics exist is because they can be forever recycled to be entertaining again and again. Granted there is a fair share of some that fall flat, but there are the occasional jewels you’ll find.

I myself am generally always glad to find a new rage comic I haven’t read yet.

Last edited Jul 22, 2011 at 09:25PM EDT
Jul 22, 2011 at 09:23PM EDT

Vulcan, you’re being a total Jolly Jew. Complaining about them isn’t going to remove them. They’re popular and funny. That’s all there is to it. Complaining won’t solve anything, and neither will bringing up hate on the situation. It will die in time. Don’t try to force it.

Jul 22, 2011 at 09:25PM EDT

inb4 someone misinterprets Kalmo’s remark about two users on this site as an anti-semite comment.

Jul 22, 2011 at 09:26PM EDT

Kalmo wrote:

Vulcan, you’re being a total Jolly Jew. Complaining about them isn’t going to remove them. They’re popular and funny. That’s all there is to it. Complaining won’t solve anything, and neither will bringing up hate on the situation. It will die in time. Don’t try to force it.

He’s not complaining about them. He’s sincerely wondering if anyone else is tired of rage comics. It’s curiosity, not hate.

Jul 22, 2011 at 09:27PM EDT

Piano wrote:

He’s not complaining about them. He’s sincerely wondering if anyone else is tired of rage comics. It’s curiosity, not hate.

It’s still bringing up a dislike of it, which can lead to more intense feelings towards it, just like how Jolly Jew was getting sick of MLP. Some people take things too far.

Jul 22, 2011 at 09:29PM EDT

MayorMilkman wrote:

Hmmm…

Well, long rage comics with a good punch line are in top tier by now. Rage comics as a whole are starting to get too casual. Needs more classic rage guy.

Jul 22, 2011 at 09:30PM EDT

Kalmo wrote:

It’s still bringing up a dislike of it, which can lead to more intense feelings towards it, just like how Jolly Jew was getting sick of MLP. Some people take things too far.

Hmmmm, well you’ve got me there. But can’t we just slap Vulcan upside the head if he does that?

Jul 22, 2011 at 09:30PM EDT

Fridge wrote:

Reddit to the Rescue, again.

Also, ain’t nobody slappin’ me.

Slaps Vulcan.

Jul 22, 2011 at 10:11PM EDT

Touches Vulcan inappropriately

Last edited Jul 22, 2011 at 10:58PM EDT
Jul 22, 2011 at 10:57PM EDT

Ashbot wrote:

Touches Vulcan inappropriately

Reports Ashbot to Human Relations

I hope that’s a stock photo. It’s very unsettling.

Last edited Jul 23, 2011 at 12:28AM EDT
Jul 23, 2011 at 12:27AM EDT

Fridge wrote:

Reports Ashbot to Human Relations

I hope that’s a stock photo. It’s very unsettling.

He’s only 18, I don’t think he’s got a full blown mustache.

Jul 23, 2011 at 12:42AM EDT

Piano wrote:

He’s only 18, I don’t think he’s got a full blown mustache.

I have a mustache and beard. :/ I looked up “creepy stare” to get that photo.

Jul 23, 2011 at 02:51AM EDT

Ashbot wrote:

I have a mustache and beard. :/ I looked up “creepy stare” to get that photo.

You have a beard?!

Jul 23, 2011 at 02:57AM EDT

I tend to like them if the person making them has something original to say. In addition, one of my favorite things is meta-humor, so I love things like:

Last edited Jul 23, 2011 at 03:22AM EDT
Jul 23, 2011 at 03:19AM EDT

Sick of Ragecomics?
I DON’T WANNA LIVE ON THIS PLANET ANYMORE
Seriously, Rage Comics are among my favourite memes, because they are usually about everyday life instead of weird stuff, anime characters and gay original posters.

Jul 23, 2011 at 11:36AM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Howdy! You must login or signup first!