Forums / Discussion / General

232,828 total conversations in 7,785 threads

+ New Thread

Shameless self-promotion: Post your Tumblrs.

Last posted Jul 25, 2011 at 08:16PM EDT. Added Jul 24, 2011 at 01:55PM EDT
25 posts from 16 users

chrismenning.tumblr.com is where I mostly reblog other cool shit, and occasionally post my original stuff. Things I made are at i_made_this. Photos I've taken or that I'm in are at of_by_and_around_me.
Text In Space is where I reblog pictures that other people have made of words on top of space backgrounds.

Have a Tumblr you want to share? Want to plug your own? Do it in this thread.

http://drpepperfan.tumblr.com is my tumblr. I just reblog shit. Homestuck, terrible anime (inb4 "you mean all anime lol") and other stuff. Maybe I should actually use it for other stuff at some point.

Last edited Jul 24, 2011 at 02:03PM EDT

Piano wrote:

You young whippersnappers with your X-bawkse and your tumblrs NOW GET OFF MY LAWN.

RF, what are you doing on my front porch?

But as far a shameless plugs go…

I don't have any…

I started using it when I found that a lot of the blogs that I liked were from tumblr. There's a lot of image culture going on, with lots of blogs dedicating themselves to art or Sims glitches or really good animated gifs or awesome tits.

I think part of what makes tumblr different is the act of reblogging; making a successful tumblrblog isn't just about having lots of good OC, it can also be just collecting things from other sources and curating them to a particular kind of taste. These are really the ones that I enjoy most. Word of Command, waynedwaynetheterryhulkhoganrockjohnsongretzky, scary mansion aer some of my favorites.

It's kind of an in-between of twitter and blogging, where you have a simple way to share messagesthat are to the point (often just a short paragraph or picture will do) and people tend to create different sorts of interests or personalities for each individual one.

Last edited Jul 24, 2011 at 09:20PM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

O HAI! You must login or signup first!