Forums / Discussion / General

232,826 total conversations in 7,785 threads

+ New Thread

Call of Duty what's your favorite one?

Last posted Aug 04, 2011 at 03:33PM EDT. Added Aug 02, 2011 at 04:18AM EDT
51 posts from 33 users

call of duty is a great franchise living already for 8 years and always pumping out new content, no game is ever the same even the expansion of the first COD is different than the original…

so what's your favorite?
mine is World at War – this game just kicks ass they took the awsome engine of COD4, changed it to WWII and improved it in every aspect. the campegin is intence and i love the dark horrfying war imagry of people having their limbs shot off and people burning alive ETC.
besides, it's about killing nazis in berlin – AWSOME!

also, Reznov kicks ass.

your favorite?

Kalmo wrote:

I'm sorry, I don't play shit.

Haha, ouch.

I've never played any of the CoDs extensively enough to choose a favorite, and I think I've only played the first couple.

Whenever I actually want to play a game on my Ps3, I play this:

Modern Warfare was good. I'm not really a fan of the others, in fact, I'm not really a fan of 4 either so much as I acknowledge that it was good. To be honest, the more FPS games I play the less FPS games I want to play.

@Natsuru they really aren't.

Infinitely, so long as they distract with one new gun or 100 new pokemon or something every time.

Honestly, more and more games are doing less and less to improve. There's no way I'm not gonna try and change it though.

Last edited Aug 02, 2011 at 06:06PM EDT

yes, every cod game is diffrent than the other. even COD and it's expansion play diffrently.

the only COD game that could be a repeat is Black Ops but it still has a lot of changes over MW2

Jolly Jew wrote:

yes, every cod game is diffrent than the other. even COD and it's expansion play diffrently.

the only COD game that could be a repeat is Black Ops but it still has a lot of changes over MW2

How does it change?

MW: You play as two guys that are trying to fight together to beat a group of people and one dies.
WAW: You play as two guys that are trying to fight together to beat a group of people and ones dies.
MW2: You play as two guys that are trying to fight together to beat a group of people and one dies. OH WAIT HERE'S ONE THAT'S DIFFERENT! One of the guys you're working with becomes the bad guy.

SO MUCH VARIETY!

All of the guns are the same, except they become even more cheap in the next one.
All you get are a bunch of people camping and using the cheapest weapons in the game at the highest rank fighting rank 1's. So fair.
The multiplayer is always the same, with the same 12 year old kids screaming faggot like a homophobic machine gun.

Seriously, the only variation is in the name.

1. They don't change the storyline.
2. They don't change the graphics.
3. They don't fix the multiplayer.

Yes, other franchises do repeat some things, but at least they also don't crap out their games every single year if it's a sequel to the franchise. (Including X Hero)

Not only that but at least other companies actually create their games. The original developers of the first CoD are now basically only doing the story line in all of their games now while another company develops everything else.

tl;dr

CoD sucks.

Last edited Aug 02, 2011 at 06:22PM EDT

My favorite was the one where you shoot all that stuff and everything blew up and all the cussing and and and when everything blew up and when you had to shoot stuff and the one where that one guy dies at the end and you killed someone and everything blew up!!!

That or the one that never existed.

It has such revolutionary multiplayer. I just love it when ten year olds call my mother a faggot while rubbing up against my dead body. It's not like Halo produces the exact same experience, BUT IN SPACE. I hope Salmon Warfare never dies.

Kalmo wrote:

How does it change?

MW: You play as two guys that are trying to fight together to beat a group of people and one dies.
WAW: You play as two guys that are trying to fight together to beat a group of people and ones dies.
MW2: You play as two guys that are trying to fight together to beat a group of people and one dies. OH WAIT HERE'S ONE THAT'S DIFFERENT! One of the guys you're working with becomes the bad guy.

SO MUCH VARIETY!

All of the guns are the same, except they become even more cheap in the next one.
All you get are a bunch of people camping and using the cheapest weapons in the game at the highest rank fighting rank 1's. So fair.
The multiplayer is always the same, with the same 12 year old kids screaming faggot like a homophobic machine gun.

Yes, other franchises do repeat some things, but at least they also don't crap out their games every single year if it's a sequel to the franchise. (Including X Hero)

Not only that but at least other companies actually create their games. The original developers of the first CoD are now basically only doing the story line in all of their games now while another company develops everything else.

tl;dr

CoD sucks.

Kalmo. Remember that thread that Jolly Jew posted about removing the neg karma button? And then people explained to him that it's okay to express your opinions, because KYM likes opinions, but doesn't like rants.

You just ranted, and got positive karma for it.

That's pretty unfair for Jolly Jew.

Did I insult him in any way? No, I was just giving my opinion on CoD. Also this is a totally different thread. If you wanna talk to me about this I can in a PM. I just would rather not waste space discussing it.

Last edited Aug 02, 2011 at 09:40PM EDT

Piano wrote:

Kalmo. Remember that thread that Jolly Jew posted about removing the neg karma button? And then people explained to him that it's okay to express your opinions, because KYM likes opinions, but doesn't like rants.

You just ranted, and got positive karma for it.

That's pretty unfair for Jolly Jew.

hmm thanks… for the support.

as for Klamo. you are just complaining about the story. lemmy list all the gameplay changes made in the series.

*COD1 is just good old COD1
*united offensive – added new weapons, jeeps tanks, a ranking system, the ability to sprint, cook grenades, summon altillary barrages and more. – changed the game a lot and made it much more tactical.

COD2 – new graphics, new weapons, new engine

COD3 – pretty much everything was changed it was more of a Battlefield game than a COD game…

COD4 – again, changed pretty much everything.

World at war – new kill streak rewards, new weapons, better graphics, gore,
CO-OP, new tank system, new perks and a sligtly diffrent engine also, the awsome WAR mode, it kicks ass, oh yeah, and NAZI FRIGGIN ZOMBIES!

MW2 – new weapons, new kill streak rewards, new engine, akimbo weapons, and lots of new equippment and gadgets. pro perk system, spec-ops (like co op)

Black Ops – once again, new weapons, new kill streak rewards (the RC-XD is hularious) new perk system, new attachments, new unlock system.

so how exactly is that every COD game is the same again? they might have similaties but they are all diffirent and have diffrent feels

Sorry, I am going to have to go against the "all different feels" remark.

I play it occasionally in the multiplayer mode at my friends house, and besides the different and new maps that confuse the hell out of me, I can NEVER, I repeat NEVER, tell the difference between the different games.

It would take a diehard fan of the series to pick out all the minute details, which by the looks of it there are plenty, just not me or anyone else fed up with Machinimas Spam of that game.

Here is my take on the CoD series.

My first one was CoD Finest Hour on the gamecube. I remember none of it.

Moving on; next one I played was CoD2. Pretty decent. Was one of my first 360 games, and CoD2 and PDZ were my main multiplayer games at 360's launch.

CoD3: got it for Christmas, did not like it at all.

CoD4: My favorite console shooter ever. This game really revolutionized modern shooters, whether you like it or not this game has influenced all kinds of games' multiplayer modes. Also introduced me to my favorite gametype ever: Search & Destroy.

CoD WaW: Did not like. Clone of 4 with WWII skins, horrible animations, muddier textures made for worse graphics, no one wanted to go back to WWII after the ridiculous amounts of WWII games back then. I also do not like Treyarch, I feel like they're riding IW's coattails. Although I do applaud them for the great zombie mode, which was the best part of WaW.

CoD MW2: A horrible mess. The multiplayer was so unbalanced and full of glitches. Remember those akimbo shotguns that you could snipe with? The javelin glitch? Infinite care package glitch? One man army + danger close noob tube spammers? Quickscoping aided by sleight of hand pro and the atrocious (as in it basically aimed for you) auto-aim? Commando + marathon + lightweight + tac knife? The only good thing about this game was its better graphics. If you can see past the HUGE imbalances it's decent though.

CoD BO: I don't understand how a sequel actually has worse graphics than its predecessor. This game is ugly, maybe they cut back on graphics for the 3D support, I don't know. Other than that I enjoy the game, decent SP, loved the wager matches, and MP is way more balanced than MW2.

Overall: Ever since CoD4 the CoD series has been worse than it should be. By that I mean look at the difference between CoD2 and CoD4. There were big changes, and now that Activi$ion is getting money they're intentionally taking smaller steps to milk as much as they can.

The CoD series is good. It doesn't matter if you hate CoD, but your hate doesn't mean it's a bad game. Compare CoD to other shooters like the mediocre title "Timeshift." CoD has polish, runs smooth and has decent gameplay. Being a hipster and hating the mainstream and popular game doesn't make you cool or hardcore, infact I consider myself a hardcore gamer and I enjoy CoD.

TL;DR: CoD is popular for a reason, and Activi$ion is the problem as far as I'm concerned.

EDIT: And yeah I lol'd at the "pumping out new content, no game is ever the same." Don't lie to yourself, they've stopped innovating and are just adding tuny features to each title and calling it "different." Every CoD after 4 has had the same exact core gameplay.

Last edited Aug 03, 2011 at 04:38AM EDT

it's pretty funny how everyone depises the COD series now… all because MW2… i still remember that if you had COD4 was loved by everyone…
and COD WaW was a success as well although not as popular as COD4 but ever since MW2… it's just going downhill but that's not a reason to hate all the other ones…

now if we gave the COD lisence to different publisher there would be no more hate.

and world at war is still the best especailly with the tank maps where bolt action rifles are dominanat :D

The only good thing about MW was the fact that it was new, exciting and original. For WaW, it was the fact that they had Nazi zombies which was also a nice feature to have. And the only thing I truly liked about MW2 was the choice to choose your own perks over a set list. Ever since that game came out though with all the glitches that were stated, the campers, the noob-tubers and what not, the game truly started to just become a monstrosity.

And I don't think anyone is dumb for liking the game as long as they themselves can show proof that it is good in it's own ways, which Jolly Jew has done. I disagree with you almost completely on this discussion, but you just earned a lot of respect from me being able to stand up and argue the key factors of this game and not just saying that you're right.

Personally, I think CoD is overrated. They really don't change anything from game to game. It's just shoot Zombies/Germans/Russians/Terrorists and then complete your objective. It's comparable to a roller coaster. Once you get on it, it follows a straight path with no input from you.

Last edited Aug 03, 2011 at 12:25PM EDT

I think CoD is THE most overrated game ever. I tried to get into it on numerous occasions, but I just can't. If I want to see some realistic warfare, I'll just watch the news. All I see from CoD is shoot Nazis/Japanese/Terrorists. But, that's just me, I HATE games that are too realistic. But I did have a bit of fun with Nazi Zombies. That I have to give a + for CoD. Also, I hate how you have no input on what your character does. It's just do this objective, next level, same thing.

I prefer games that have that fantasy/sci-fi element to it. It shows stuff that looks fantastic and you know will never be seen in real life. I guess that's why I'm so drawn to the fantasy genre. I prefer the games where your character's actions can affect the outcome of the game. Like in Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of a New World, depending on what you do in the game, you can get one out of three endings: A bad, normal, and good. Or in the Elder Scrolls games, where your character's actions could affect how the in-game world treats you. Do criminal acts, and the world will hate you, do good deeds, civilians and guards will love you, but other thieves and lowlifes won't.

Also, what I hate is that CoD restricts you to levels. That annoys the crap outta me. Here you have this big, beautiful world, yet no way of exploring it because you gotta do this objective. Same thing with Halo, although I like Halo, big, beautiful world, no way to explore it. It makes me mad. I prefer free-roam games like Red Dead Redemption or the Elder Scrolls, where you can literally go anywhere you fucking want. Also, with those free-roam games, you can literally play for hours without even touching the main quest-line. You have time to enjoy the beautiful scenery and then explore it. See a mountain in the background, go conquer it like Bear Grylls!

TL;DR
Call of Duty is stale and needs to improve or else it will crash and burn.

Kalmo wrote:

How does it change?

SO MUCH VARIETY!

tl;dr

CoD sucks.

I played Finest Hour, all I remember is Medal of Honor was better.
Then I played CoD4 on PS3 (I was completely unaware of CoD2 or CoD3 even existing). That was the first multiplayer FPS I ever played online so I thought it was absolutely awesome!
Then WaW for 360. At this point I was tired of WWII FPS, so this game didn't really appeal to me that much. This game is pretty much prized on how incredibly gory it is. Unfortunately gory doesn't make a game better for me.
Then MW2 for 360. It was the first CoD game I actually owned except Finest Hour, so I obsessed over it for a long while, but now everyone is just running class + shotgunning away (I swear they stole that idea from me).
Black Ops (360 again). I don't own this either. Glad I don't. I hate having excess money in games because I always feel I have to spend it. Then I find something worth buying, but I just spent it on useless crap. I LOVED the emblem maker though, but I wish people would stop making penises. Seriously. How old are they?

and after all these I don't really want to play FPS anymore

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Howdy! You must login or signup first!