Forums / Discussion / General

232,746 total conversations in 7,781 threads

+ New Thread

Has anon gone too far?

Last posted Aug 10, 2011 at 01:56AM EDT. Added Aug 09, 2011 at 08:02PM EDT
22 posts from 18 users

Alright guys, let's see some stimulating conversation.
Anonymous is planning on taking Facebook.
I personally am not on facebook, nor will I be.
But I want to know your opinions, has Anon gone too far, or are they righteous?
Is their modus operandi a good thing, or are they in need of a serious attitude check?
Is anon the night of shining armor of the internet, or the Axis of the interwebs?
DISCUSS.

I just…I don't care. I go on it, but I really don't care. The games are terrible, my family insists on pestering me, and if they send me any more invites to farmville or whatever the crap I'm going to send them all to hell.

Turns out I wasn't too lazy to make that into an image.

Last edited Aug 09, 2011 at 08:34PM EDT

I doubt they'll be able to get in. It's Facebook; they're the biggest social network on the internet, and I'm positive they'll have the best security on the internet as well. Facebook didn't acquire the personal information of over 500 million people to let Anonymous leak it and destroy their credibility.

To put it another way, it's like V trying to destroy the Death Star. It's virtually impossible, unless, of course, Anon can find a small thermal exhaust point.

Going after Facebook? If it's over privacy, the Facebook could use a good takedown. Not the people on Facebook, mind you, but Facebook itself, and its fat cats.
Fuckerburg could use a lesson.

Katie C. wrote:

Going after Facebook? If it's over privacy, the Facebook could use a good takedown. Not the people on Facebook, mind you, but Facebook itself, and its fat cats.
Fuckerburg could use a lesson.

I agree.

Fuckerburg, that's a good one. I don't really want to take sides; so long as my personal information is not threatened, I'm content to sit back and watch this silliness unfold.

Anon hadn't thought of the fact that most of the 50 million people on facebook aren't aware of the rest of the Internet. Social networks are a whole different deal from scientology and corrupt government.
Next thing we know there will be moms staring at the ceiling because her farm was taken by the "Annunimuuse" or something.

Last edited Aug 09, 2011 at 10:00PM EDT

pug on toast wrote:

Anon hadn't thought of the fact that most of the 50 million people on facebook aren't aware of the rest of the Internet. Social networks are a whole different deal from scientology and corrupt government.
Next thing we know there will be moms staring at the ceiling because her farm was taken by the "Annunimuuse" or something.

They are certainly aware of this. Which is why they will do it for MAXIMUM LULZ.

Sure, app invitations are annoying, but I moved recently and now I won't be able to talk to half my friends on facebook, I don't know them on any other sites. :( This is depressing.

If you do some looking in to it, you'll realize that FB has a number of nasty ways that they destroy our privacy without our even knowing it. I ranted about it in a thread here several months ago, and while I can't find the thread, here's the article that sparked it:

http://www.cracked.com/article_19029_6-things-social-networking-sites-need-to-stop-doing.html

There is some really F-ed up stuff in there.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

'lo! You must login or signup first!