232,890 total conversations in 7,787 threads

+ New Thread

Featured Featured
New KYM episode! My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Last posted Aug 11, 2011 at 08:09PM EDT. Added Aug 10, 2011 at 04:36PM EDT
26 posts from 21 users

Are you playing with dolls?
No, I'm researching with them

I laughed. The episodes are improving! It's looking really good. Although I thought that bronies was a short name for 'Brother Ponies'.

The video had a lot of information and showed it in an interesting way, they have more stuff going on in the background behind the speakers, I can't wait to see more of them at this good quality.

Also, crazy screencap.

Philip J. Fry wrote:

Sounds biased, man.

The episode, I mean. The episode was very biased towards the pony lovers and against the pony haters.

The video was about the fandom, not the haters… Derp.

[insert obvious joke here]
Anyways, I like how Forest did. And I find it a bit more than neutral, but then, without that the fun in the video would be gone.

Last edited Aug 10, 2011 at 10:51PM EDT

Man, I've been waiting for this since MLP passed forever Alone. It had some really awesome moments in there. It was pretty cool to see one of fetchbeer's images (in the ponibooru image scroll) in the episode, what with him being a rather active member of the brony community on the site.

That episode is the ultimate proof that bronies can make creepy raping stares (see screencap above).
Great one! I, like many others, think this is one of the best episodes the new team recorded. Thorough presentation of spread, sub-memes (although not all of them), community interaction with the show's staff and within itself, mention of haters and flamewars.

Too bad that the Colbert's shootout wasn't mentioned, but I think that's because the script was already written before it happened.

Last edited Aug 11, 2011 at 08:18AM EDT

Good video! I was wondering how ponies got so popular, but too lazy to research it. Forest made a good point about people hating them because they never seen the show. I still haven't seen the show because I have no desire to. I don't hate them, but it does get annoying when they are spammed everywhere. None the less… nailed it!

@Derpy Hooves is back at school: Thanks for the compliment. I had a great time working on this episode!

@That-guy: I am a lover of all things Lauren Faust

I am glad to hear people are liking this episode! We put a lot of working into the writing and production and it seems like it payed off. There are many other elements to the story that we were not able to include, but the video was already 7 minutes, so adding much else would have pushed it over 8 minutes.

The goal of this episode was the focus on Bronies, their culture, and what conflicts they encounter. I believe that everyone is entitled to their own opinions and can like or dislike any shows they want. However, focussing on those who dislike MLP would not have been very interesting, as it plays perfectly into age and gender stereotypes. When I say that an adult male dislikes a cartoon aimed towards young girl about ponies, no one is surprised. But, when I say that a cartoon about ponies, friendship and magic has captivated and engaged a wide audience from young girls to older men, then that draws some serious attention.

Im surprised no one made this crack yet, God, I hate myself for posting this. This phrase has been run INTO THE GROUND AND TO PLUTO

Last edited Aug 11, 2011 at 08:10PM EDT

Word Up! You must login or signup first!