Forums / Discussion / General

232,895 total conversations in 7,787 threads

+ New Thread

Fashion Show

Last posted Aug 20, 2011 at 12:01AM EDT. Added Aug 18, 2011 at 06:05AM EDT
24 posts from 15 users

Yes. Just to confirm, this is Fei Hazelwood speaking.

Now, our teacher in Economics wants us to put on a fashion show. Yes. A fashion show. Anyway you put it, it's kinda weird for a mostly male school to be putting on a fashion show. Today, we just did the magazine, which, surprise had pictures of women on it. Only, mind you, the women were wearing slightly revealing suits. Yes, I'm serious.

Now, I was lucky enough to be the announcer for my group, but I'm also in charge of providing music for the worthless DJ to play in the background. Right now I'm caught in a crisis because the group leader (Whose name I won't reveal) rejected my library of Touhou music. She said it was "too Japanese" and I launched into a rant about racism.

Now, she tells me to look for "real" music, (deadline, she said, is the second week of september) which I guess she means Ke$ha or Katy Perry or something like that, because apparently Touhou and Minecraft are too underground for her. So, I come to you, KYM, with this plea:
Can you please suggest awesome sounding runway music?

I bid you all a good day.

Would this help?

http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/167142

I think a fashion show to this could work, its just one song however, if you need more and like what you hear I could fish some more out!

Last edited Aug 18, 2011 at 06:30AM EDT

Pretty much anything by Daft Punk. Example:

Also, you might want to throw in "Firework" for good measure. It'll satisfy those with no taste.

detectiveStalemate wrote:

I linked her this thread.
She made me leader.
TROLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Badass. Well anyways I hope the music that we linked you will be useful. For the sake of all of us, you should record the Fashion Show. It sounds like it will be awesome.

-SMK

Skimaskkass wrote:

Badass. Well anyways I hope the music that we linked you will be useful. For the sake of all of us, you should record the Fashion Show. It sounds like it will be awesome.

-SMK

Unfortunately, I asked my supervisor (the one making sure we don't set fire to ourselves) and she said, and I quote, "DO NOT put that out there. Anyone can see it. We don't need that kind of publicity." On the off chance, she said, that I do decide to record it and put it up, she'll fail me for two quarters.
But yes, the music you all linked me will come in very handy. Well, except for Moskau. My supervisor's gonna kill me if I play that.
Now I hope none of the rival teams will see this…

Alright, well, here are the suggestion ratings:
Derpy: Great music, but some of the other songs had an oriental feel. In the end I chose the Equestria Online character select theme because of its upbeat nature and Super Pony Beat.
Doc: She was weirded out by the both. I think they're fine, and I might be able to squeeze them in as long as the DJ doesn't notice.
DrPepperFan: Unfortunately we're doing a formal show. Playing that would cause the audience and the models to feel weirded out. Plus, they're Germans singing about Russia.
Fudge-Gruck: No. Just no.
Hiroman: They're great. I didn't know what I was thinking, not putting Persona music in there. Might have to loop it, though.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hauu! You must login or signup first!