Forums / Discussion / General

171,083 total conversations in 5,485 threads

+ New Thread


KYM TF2 General

Last posted Jan 08, 2012 at 11:44PM EST. Added Aug 23, 2011 at 03:29PM EDT
208 posts from 42 users

All TF2 related stuff goes here. Keep it SFW. I will not be posting in this thread, but someone had to make it.

Aug 23, 2011 at 03:29PM EDT
Quote

Add me and play me in some cp_DegrootKeep, yo.

Last edited Aug 23, 2011 at 03:46PM EDT
Aug 23, 2011 at 03:44PM EDT
Quote

I’d like to take this opportunity to shamelessly plug the KYM Brony Brotherhood. In this group, you can play and chat with your fellow Know Your Meme researchers. Our main game is TF2, of which we have our own server, and (fair warning) much of the conversation is pony related. I encourage everyone to join us! We’d love to have you.
If you’d like to join, search “KYM Brony Brotherhood” on Steam or ask Sweetie Belle for an invite.

Aug 23, 2011 at 04:35PM EDT
Quote


^ Link to our group page. ^
Also almost any TF2 crossover is epic.



Last edited Aug 23, 2011 at 05:37PM EDT
Aug 23, 2011 at 05:22PM EDT
Quote

I’m not joining the brotherhood, but can I play with you guys anyway? Also, can TF2 be played on .50 Mbps internet connection? (Yes, mine really is that slow)

Aug 23, 2011 at 08:31PM EDT

Shakey♪ wrote:


^ Link to our group page. ^
Also almost any TF2 crossover is epic.



That picture is so awesome my hand tried to click it without my brain telling it to.

Aug 23, 2011 at 08:40PM EDT
Quote

Nintendork64 wrote:

I’m not joining the brotherhood, but can I play with you guys anyway? Also, can TF2 be played on .50 Mbps internet connection? (Yes, mine really is that slow)

You have to join the group to have access to our server, so not without joining.

Aug 23, 2011 at 09:50PM EDT
Quote

No that is not true you can join it without being in the group and you can get the server announcement from the main Kym group page.

Aug 24, 2011 at 08:58AM EDT
Quote

Time for discussion!

What class(es) do YOU specialize with, and why?

As for me, I am the spy. Let’s just say having the ability to one shot every class from and shot in the back with my melee weapon, as well as a number of ways I can do it from the front, mixed with simple blending concepts and hiding concepts which I can pounce and kill potentially everyone I meet, as well as disabling and destroying all potential threats such as an ubercharge ready medic to a overhealed heavy, as well of ridding all machines, meaning sentries to dispensers to teleporters, just appealed to me[/RunOnSentence].

And after the third domination when the enemy team suddenly becomes 80% pyros and just spraying their backburners like crazed pyromaniacs screaming “SPYCHECK! SPYCHECK! SPYCHECK!11!!!one!11!”, I resort to a more simplistic class. The Soldier. It’s simple to acquire specific rocket launchers for simple situations. “At the speed of this rocket, and how far the explosion will deal, faced at the speed of the class presented before me, where do I shoot to make sure I hit and deal maximum damage and be able to get a follow up shot which will potentially kill all classes excluding the heavy?”

I’m a good medic, though I really don’t use him much now days. Battle Medics is what they called with. Have one leeching gun and you can potentially take on ALL the classes. It’s not hard to be a good medic, but people can’t figure out what patterns to move, where to stand, why to check their rear end for spies, keep alert to sounds, etc.

Oh boy, I went on and rambled on again. Silly me.

Aug 24, 2011 at 09:46AM EDT
Quote

I try to use whatever class works best for what’s going on in the game though I think the scout is the most fun to play as.

Aug 24, 2011 at 10:17AM EDT
Quote

I used to play Spy back in my prime, I was quite infamous for my ability to “evasion stab” people, or as the more rage driven folk called it, face stabs, but they were not face stabs, they were carefully planned and preciously executed motions that meant for a brief moment, their backs where exposed to me even though they had just attacked me. I was also pretty well known for being at the best possible place at the best possible time and just generally known to be quite a good spy.

I also enjoyed playing a rather obscure engineer who would put sentries in the oddest of places which as a result would rack up quite a lot of kills and cause quite a lot of stalling.

Aug 24, 2011 at 10:19AM EDT
Quote

Suiseiseki     wrote:

I try to use whatever class works best for what’s going on in the game though I think the scout is the most fun to play as.

I try and pick whatever is missing from the team, which is usually Medic. Otherwise, my go-to has been Soldier lately. I’m still learning how to play well… so I haven’t really touched either Spy or Sniper. :c

Aug 24, 2011 at 01:53PM EDT
Quote

Today’s Valve’s birthday! They are giving party hats and unlimited noisemakers! Go play now !!!!

Aug 24, 2011 at 04:01PM EDT
Quote

My heart goes out to thee, Sir Pacer. I would deliver thou a party hat when thee has received a PC, if only the hat wasn’t “(Not Tradeable)”

Okay guys, If I had to choose between getting The Familiar Fez, or The Milkman?

Aug 25, 2011 at 11:26AM EDT
Quote

Laser Pacer wrote:


The same goes for every PC game.

If by ‘you don’t have a pc’ you mean you have a Mac, TF2 is for Mac, also.

Aug 25, 2011 at 12:20PM EDT
Quote

I missed it……………….

Goddamn band practice.

Aug 25, 2011 at 03:43PM EDT
Quote

Chris wrote:

If by ‘you don’t have a pc’ you mean you have a Mac, TF2 is for Mac, also.

Nah,I use HP 520 laptop but it always lags and crash.Thats why I only use this for browsing.

Last edited Aug 25, 2011 at 11:00PM EDT
Aug 25, 2011 at 10:46PM EDT
Quote

TF2 general! Hoooray!

Now to shameless advertising of my stuff :3
http://www.tf2items.com/id/joseph109

Every weapon on page 5/6 for sale!

Btw… meh. im failing with embedding here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHVQEoHXcOc&feature=related

Last edited Aug 25, 2011 at 11:34PM EDT
Aug 25, 2011 at 11:27PM EDT
Quote

Oh man, I need to get back into TF2 I think. It has been far too long since I’ve played it. It’s really probably one of the best multiplayer first person shooters out there. Although, I kinda do wish they’d give the medic some more stuff, it’s a little annoying whenever I look at a list of the demoman’s stuff and then look at a list of the medic’s stuff. I mean really, the demoman has enough fraking swords already, can’t you do something different for a change?

Aug 26, 2011 at 07:00AM EDT
Quote

ArdentGamer wrote:

Oh man, I need to get back into TF2 I think. It has been far too long since I’ve played it. It’s really probably one of the best multiplayer first person shooters out there. Although, I kinda do wish they’d give the medic some more stuff, it’s a little annoying whenever I look at a list of the demoman’s stuff and then look at a list of the medic’s stuff. I mean really, the demoman has enough fraking swords already, can’t you do something different for a change?

I thought there was a decent amount of medicinal supplies. There’s so many swords the Demoman actually has a set called “One thousand and one Demoknights”… THE ENGINEER on the other hand has nothing, and even though I know the new Widowmaker is meant to be for the engineer who camps his dispenser on defense, but I just can’t seem to deal enough damage to be of worth and eventually drain my dispenser of precious metals that I needed to repair the sentry.

Atleast I’m contempt with the amount of items on my main classes.

Aug 26, 2011 at 08:29AM EDT
Quote

Xelus Shnider wrote:

I thought there was a decent amount of medicinal supplies. There’s so many swords the Demoman actually has a set called “One thousand and one Demoknights”… THE ENGINEER on the other hand has nothing, and even though I know the new Widowmaker is meant to be for the engineer who camps his dispenser on defense, but I just can’t seem to deal enough damage to be of worth and eventually drain my dispenser of precious metals that I needed to repair the sentry.

Atleast I’m contempt with the amount of items on my main classes.

Well. at least the short circuit isnt bad. But if you got the wrangler

Anyone else here who likes the Diamondback? Im using it mostly with mah spah

Last edited Aug 26, 2011 at 10:57AM EDT
Aug 26, 2011 at 10:56AM EDT
Quote

Kasumi Kenshiro wrote:

Well. at least the short circuit isnt bad. But if you got the wrangler

Anyone else here who likes the Diamondback? Im using it mostly with mah spah

Just found it today, haven’t gotten to using it yet. And it is a bit hard to use it properly considering around every sentry nest is the engineer himself, as well as an entire team if they’re defending, so unless your sapping the entrances of teleporters or something, crits aren’t the first thing I’ll be expecting.

Aug 26, 2011 at 12:27PM EDT
Quote

YES! YES! I bought a team captain and rocket/sticky jumpers :D also got a fancy fedora!

Last edited Aug 28, 2011 at 02:15AM EDT
Aug 28, 2011 at 02:12AM EDT
Quote

I gave a good friend a Bills Hat the other day, was trying to give it for free but he insisted I take 8 random items.

Aug 28, 2011 at 02:24AM EDT
Quote

Ah man, i been gone for a while. Thankfully i come back to find that i have an Original, and a Machina (i loves me some snipin’ btw), and i sold a stout shako for 2 refined. So now i kamakazie around with a glendarry bonnet and a claidheamh mor, when im NOT exploding brains with my brand new tracer rifle. Good times :)

Aug 28, 2011 at 04:43AM EDT
Quote

AssfroTheWanderer wrote:

Ah man, i been gone for a while. Thankfully i come back to find that i have an Original, and a Machina (i loves me some snipin’ btw), and i sold a stout shako for 2 refined. So now i kamakazie around with a glendarry bonnet and a claidheamh mor, when im NOT exploding brains with my brand new tracer rifle. Good times :)

>and i sold a stout shako for 2 refined.
>sold a stout shako for 2 refined.
>STOUT SHAKO FOR 2 REFINED.

Aug 28, 2011 at 04:55AM EDT
Quote

Xelus Shnider wrote:

>and i sold a stout shako for 2 refined.
>sold a stout shako for 2 refined.
>STOUT SHAKO FOR 2 REFINED.

I wonder who would win (Demopan x Painis Cupcake)…

Aug 30, 2011 at 11:20AM EDT
Quote

LOOK AT THE TINY GLASSES

TOO CUTE

3

And for some non-kawaii non-sexualized female versions of the characters:



Aug 30, 2011 at 12:08PM EDT
Quote

So the Machina sniper rifle is pretty fun. I like shooting through multiple targets. Like yesterday I shot a pyro, destroyed a level 3 sentry behind him. Double win!

Sep 01, 2011 at 06:14AM EDT
Quote

You know the blue spy is different from the red spy?

Sep 01, 2011 at 03:02PM EDT

Sep 04, 2011 at 11:52PM EDT

i might get my karma oblitirated and be called a noob but here goes….

does anyone have the feeling that the heavy is overpowered? i mean, he has 300 life and 500~ dps in close range.
a lone heavy is a worthy opponent but what really bothers me is when he is paired with a pocket medic… it’s unbeatble… and the worst part, is that it requires so little skill.
it came to a point when playing heavy becomes so easy that i got bored of him and use him generally when i rage and want to win already….
he used to be balanced when he had a long spin up time but after some update his spinup is faster, so you can attack a heavy from behind with the pyro, and he will still be able to pull out his minigun and mow you down, and then eat the sandvich recover from all damage…
you think he should get a nerf? … or other classes getting a buff?

Sep 05, 2011 at 02:46PM EDT
Quote
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Howdy! You must login or signup first!