Forums / General

195,608 total conversations in 5,384 threads

+ New Thread

KYM TF2 General

Last posted Jan 08, 2012 at 11:44PM EST. Added Aug 23, 2011 at 03:29PM EDT
208 conversations with 42 participants

Jackal Lantern wrote:

If you got a friend invite from “I suck at this game,” that’s me. If not, my steam ID is “thejackallantern”.

I pick all the classes quite a bit, but I prefer the low health classes to the bulky classes with lower speed. I don’t like pyro or soldier as much since they don’t really have to aim. Feels noobish to me. I play a bit more heavy, though, since he’s an easier kill for snipers and spies, and I like more of a challenge. But I still don’t play him much. :V

Also, I like bitching about how OP everything is.

You know what would be more of a challenge? Brass Beast heavy.

Oct 19, 2011 at 10:39PM EDT

I love how TF2 keeps crashing ing ing ing ing ing ing ing

Oct 19, 2011 at 11:27PM EDT

This is my Tf2 spray

Heres where i got it
http://knowyourmeme.com/forums/general/topics/11750-the-internet-is-changing-our-brains#.Tp-cGrJyWgQ

Oct 20, 2011 at 12:02AM EDT

Katie C. wrote:

Its hard, but if you jump and do it on time, you can catch people off guard.

Oct 20, 2011 at 12:02AM EDT

Just an average day in 2fort…

Oct 20, 2011 at 10:55AM EDT

For the ones who didn’t saw this yet: The battle of Normandy in a nutshell:

Oct 20, 2011 at 01:00PM EDT

If RED stands for Reliable Excavation and Demolition, why does BLU push the bomb in payload maps?

Oct 21, 2011 at 12:02AM EDT

I always thought it was weird that RED, a more aggressive color, was always defending

Oct 21, 2011 at 05:40AM EDT

It’s because RED is overrated and BLU has to shine too.

Oct 21, 2011 at 06:45AM EDT

Caramel wrote:

If RED stands for Reliable Excavation and Demolition, why does BLU push the bomb in payload maps?

Blu staunds for Builders League United. Blu wants to blow the red bases up and then build a new one.
That’s just what i think.

Last edited Oct 21, 2011 at 12:57PM EDT
Oct 21, 2011 at 12:56PM EDT

Katie C. wrote:

Brass Beast is my favorite minigun. I usually jump in to use it like Sweatie says.

Sometimes, when I feel like having less of a challenge and just kicking ass, I pick brass beast heavy on Payload. I just let the cart push me while it supplies me with infinite ammunition. GADDAMN. Kind of a dick move, but there’s always six sentries at the end anyway, so screw it.

I spend most of my time lately as spy with L’etranger and Kunai. Doing less damage and taking less damage forces me to be sneaky. It’s good practice. Works surprisingly well on 5 point maps, too.

Oct 21, 2011 at 02:53PM EDT

Jackal Lantern wrote:

Brass Beast is my favorite minigun. I usually jump in to use it like Sweatie says.

Sometimes, when I feel like having less of a challenge and just kicking ass, I pick brass beast heavy on Payload. I just let the cart push me while it supplies me with infinite ammunition. GADDAMN. Kind of a dick move, but there’s always six sentries at the end anyway, so screw it.

I spend most of my time lately as spy with L’etranger and Kunai. Doing less damage and taking less damage forces me to be sneaky. It’s good practice. Works surprisingly well on 5 point maps, too.

Rather then letting it push you, you should jump on top of the cart.

Oct 21, 2011 at 07:26PM EDT

Sweatie Killer wrote:

Rather then letting it push you, you should jump on top of the cart.

I do that when I can, but this is obese weapons guy we’re talking about. If he doesn’t have a stepladder up the payload, it ain’t happening. Climb it himself? Such physical exertion would surely cause a heart attack.

Also, low ceilings. Payload maps seem to have tunnels with low ceilings right after every makeshift stepladder I find, then I’m right back on the ground again.

Oct 23, 2011 at 12:18PM EDT

Laser Pacer wrote:

The same goes for every PC game.

I’m a sad panda now.

Oct 23, 2011 at 03:40PM EDT

Everyone thinks I use use the dead ringer because I usually use the kunai. It’s funny watching people freak out after the kill cam. :P

Also, kunai (and spy in general) is REALLY good on 5-point control maps.

Oct 23, 2011 at 07:27PM EDT

So. Halloween update is coming out next week. Like maybe on Wednesday or so. Of course a new map, looks like a pirate cove. Quite frankly I’m psyched for it.

Oct 23, 2011 at 07:40PM EDT

So I started getting in to TF2 a couple days ago…
AND I CAN’T STOP _
Good lord, this game is addictive. Is a just a temporary thing I’ll get tired of within a few days, or am I going to be into this for months? I guess only time will tell…

Oct 23, 2011 at 10:14PM EDT

I just hope to god that they actually give the demoman some grenade and sticky-bomb launchers in the next update. It’d be nice to see a demoman that’s not a demoknight for once.

Oct 25, 2011 at 10:24PM EDT

Jackal Lantern wrote:

I do that when I can, but this is obese weapons guy we’re talking about. If he doesn’t have a stepladder up the payload, it ain’t happening. Climb it himself? Such physical exertion would surely cause a heart attack.

Also, low ceilings. Payload maps seem to have tunnels with low ceilings right after every makeshift stepladder I find, then I’m right back on the ground again.

But it is so damn awesome..

Now for something completely different.

Last edited Oct 26, 2011 at 03:15PM EDT
Oct 26, 2011 at 03:15PM EDT

The book is a badge that makes you explode when you die, the eye is a limit time only thing, the costumes I’m not entirely sure if they go away or not.

What are silver bullets?

Last edited Oct 28, 2011 at 01:19AM EDT
Oct 28, 2011 at 01:19AM EDT

I’m pretty sure silver bullets are just a Sniper Misc. accessory. The costumes are Halloween specific, but all Halloween items INCLUDING old ones, now say they are only available on Halloween or a Full Moon, which I take to mean they work all year now, so long as you play an event map.

Also, this:

Oct 28, 2011 at 06:24PM EDT

I hate how when that giant eye thing (monoculus i think it’s spelled) appears and the control point is sealed until it’s dead, and yet there are always those (insert random insult here) that kill you for no reason.

Oct 29, 2011 at 05:27PM EDT

Eventful Eagle wrote:

I hate how when that giant eye thing (monoculus i think it’s spelled) appears and the control point is sealed until it’s dead, and yet there are always those (insert random insult here) that kill you for no reason.

Even worse, people who enter Loot Island and begin killing people inside taking advantage of the Monoculus’s Jarate explosion !!!

Last edited Oct 29, 2011 at 09:13PM EDT
Oct 29, 2011 at 09:13PM EDT

Sweatie Killer wrote:

The book is a badge that makes you explode when you die, the eye is a limit time only thing, the costumes I’m not entirely sure if they go away or not.

What are silver bullets?

Silver bullets are just an accessory the sniper wears on his chest.

I believe the costumes can only be worn during the Halloween special but I might be wrong.

Oct 29, 2011 at 11:04PM EDT

At first I saw this game and thought “nyeh, I’m tired of lame FPS games.”
Then I played it and my heart grew a hat.

Oct 30, 2011 at 02:47AM EDT

Anyone know what a haunted item does, I mean its purple, but is that it?

Oct 30, 2011 at 04:20AM EDT

Sweatie Killer wrote:

Anyone know what a haunted item does, I mean its purple, but is that it?

Yep, that’s about it. I think it might be “worth more”.

Oct 31, 2011 at 01:15AM EDT

Eventful Eagle wrote:

Yep, that’s about it. I think it might be “worth more”.

I was hoping I could use the haunted item after the holiday event.

Last edited Oct 31, 2011 at 02:55AM EDT
Oct 31, 2011 at 02:54AM EDT

I’m entering a 9v9 Highlander tournament (forever a backup :( )

Any tips or guides?

Oct 31, 2011 at 08:41AM EDT

Sweatie Killer wrote:

I was hoping I could use the haunted item after the holiday event.

I’ve heard rumors going around that if you have an entire Haunted set, it works even after Halloween. Of course, it’s just a rumor, and I’ve yet to see any verification. It may just be another stupid excuse to charge more in trades like Genuine and Vintage.

Also, I found out that you can still get the flare gun or axtinguisher crit on a pyro if you use a degreaser. Man, that’s downright evil.

Last edited Oct 31, 2011 at 11:25AM EDT
Oct 31, 2011 at 11:25AM EDT

Jackal Lantern wrote:

I’ve heard rumors going around that if you have an entire Haunted set, it works even after Halloween. Of course, it’s just a rumor, and I’ve yet to see any verification. It may just be another stupid excuse to charge more in trades like Genuine and Vintage.

Also, I found out that you can still get the flare gun or axtinguisher crit on a pyro if you use a degreaser. Man, that’s downright evil.

Well, we’ll see in about 2 hours.

Nov 01, 2011 at 12:56AM EDT

I just had a thought: All the classes are afraid of what look like bed sheet ghosts, but not afraid of a giant flouting eyeball that shoots crocket eyes and creates a vortex which sucks you into hell!

Nov 01, 2011 at 01:01AM EDT

Nov 01, 2011 at 02:09AM EDT

Jackal Lantern wrote:

Your still a pyro.

Nov 01, 2011 at 05:19AM EDT

Sweatie Killer wrote:

Your still a pyro.

LOL, good point! XD

At least his afterburn got nerfed with the Manniversary update. Thank Hale, that was the biggest nuisance about him. They still can’t get the Backburner right, though. Wasting fifty units of ammo to extinguish a teammate merely encourages people to let their teammates burn. Inciting poor teamwork is hardly a balanced drawback.

Nov 01, 2011 at 02:30PM EDT

Your not gonna believe me when i say this ,but I was able to get a sniper achievement as a scout. how, you ask? Mad milk apparently counts as a jarate in the “jarring transition” achievement. No really, try it out if you can.

Nov 01, 2011 at 06:18PM EDT

Jackal Lantern wrote:

LOL, good point! XD

At least his afterburn got nerfed with the Manniversary update. Thank Hale, that was the biggest nuisance about him. They still can’t get the Backburner right, though. Wasting fifty units of ammo to extinguish a teammate merely encourages people to let their teammates burn. Inciting poor teamwork is hardly a balanced drawback.

I always thought the Backburner was a bit over powered because of the back insta-crits. Almost instantly kills a person trying to run away. Oh, and heavies.

Nov 01, 2011 at 11:48PM EDT

Wait 3 posts in a row! That means: Eventful Eagle is dominating TF2 forum!…or is it 5 kills is a domination?

Nov 01, 2011 at 11:55PM EDT

Eventful Eagle wrote:

I always thought the Backburner was a bit over powered because of the back insta-crits. Almost instantly kills a person trying to run away. Oh, and heavies.

Backburner is an overpowered piece of shit. Anyone who uses it is a powergaming solo-er.

Nov 02, 2011 at 02:59AM EDT

Agreed, the backburner is a piece of shit. They need to nerf that fucker.

Nov 02, 2011 at 11:41AM EDT

Backburner’s already been nerfed about three times. They keep nerfing the wrong things. Restore the airblasts and nerf something else. Maybe have damage reduced from the front instead of increased? Or drop health or movement speed. If they fix it, we’d just have to deal with more degreaser/axtinguishers. :L

Also, you guys have any tips against soldiers in close-quarters? Aside from spy, I can’t take them out. If I start out-doing them, they just aim down and spam rockets killing us both. Quite frankly, it’s beginning to get a bit old.

Nov 02, 2011 at 07:33PM EDT

Jackal Lantern wrote:

Backburner’s already been nerfed about three times. They keep nerfing the wrong things. Restore the airblasts and nerf something else. Maybe have damage reduced from the front instead of increased? Or drop health or movement speed. If they fix it, we’d just have to deal with more degreaser/axtinguishers. :L

Also, you guys have any tips against soldiers in close-quarters? Aside from spy, I can’t take them out. If I start out-doing them, they just aim down and spam rockets killing us both. Quite frankly, it’s beginning to get a bit old.

Depends on who you play as, but a basic thing to do is to jump so the rocket blasts you away. If your heath is high enough it should work. Also if your lucky you can avoid the blast entirely, though like i said you have to be lucky.

Last edited Nov 02, 2011 at 08:22PM EDT
Nov 02, 2011 at 07:57PM EDT

Is there something wrong with steam or is my internet just crap?

Last edited Nov 02, 2011 at 08:35PM EDT
Nov 02, 2011 at 08:35PM EDT

Eventful Eagle wrote:

Is there something wrong with steam or is my internet just crap?

My internet is crap, but never to this degree. I believe Steam is to blame. Also, thanks for the tip. I just hope I don’t run into anyone using the Reserve Shooter. Although more pyros use it than soldiers from what I’ve seen.

Nov 02, 2011 at 08:43PM EDT

Jackal Lantern wrote:

My internet is crap, but never to this degree. I believe Steam is to blame. Also, thanks for the tip. I just hope I don’t run into anyone using the Reserve Shooter. Although more pyros use it than soldiers from what I’ve seen.

Your welcome. Thats another thing valve screwed up, a weapon intended for the soldier is mainly used by the pyro.

Nov 02, 2011 at 08:52PM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hauu! You must login or signup first!