Forums / Discussion / General

172,857 total conversations in 5,671 threads

+ New Thread


Locked Locked
KYM Pony Discussion

Last posted Aug 25, 2011 at 08:39PM EDT. Added Aug 25, 2011 at 04:59PM EDT
64 posts from 17 users

I’ll quote Trick Lobo for the topic:
 
“Discuss ponies.
And memes, if you must.
Even better: Memes as ponies."
 
In more detail, the KYM Pony General thread has been converted into more of an image thread than anything else and discussion gets lost in the midst of so many pictures. Meaningful discussion in the Comments section underneath the main article seems to be irking some. So I’d like for this thread to discuss the show in more depth than what is feasible in General thread and is preferred in the article.
 
Please note that I placed this in the “Just for Fun” section, because talking about stuff is fun…and that this won’t be meme-related all of the time. It may just be 20 pages of trying to figure out why is Twilight Sparkle so adorable, but (I hope) we may also discuss memetic spread here too. Also, the General board already one active Pony thread.
 
Well, I tried to put it in the “Just for Fun” board. And failed.
 
So…I’ll start I guess.

Why is Twilight Sparkle so ador
If you like My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, you probably don’t dislike any of the mane 6. But which is your least favorite and why?
 

  • For me, it would either be Fluttershy or Rainbow Dash. I actually just plain like the personalities of Twilight and Applejack. Pinkie is hilarious and random, but I don’t think she’s a one-dimensional character, by any means. Rarity is actually comes across as being a bit mysterious to me. She’s a bit hard to figure. Reading Simply Rarity probably didn’t help.
     
    That leaves Rainbow Dash, who seems a little basic to me. She hates losing and she’s a super athletic pegasus (with some anxiety issues, maybe.) Fluttershy is…almost too much of a pushover to me (with a breaking point.) She’s the only character that I’ve found somewhat annoying, but again, I don’t really dislike any of them.
Last edited Aug 25, 2011 at 05:07PM EDT

… We already HAVE this thread. You don’t need to make your own because it’s nothing but pictures. Just start an actual conversation with someone instead of re-creating an entire thread, which will in time, mostly just be another image thread.

Last edited Aug 25, 2011 at 05:13PM EDT

Exactly. There is absolutely no reason for this to exist. Just post this whole question in the other thread. Seriously, if a thread becomes an image dump, did you actually think about maybe, oh I dunno, not posting an image in it? Why did noone try that?

Requesting lock.

@Kalmo
I get your points, but this has been discussed on the main article. This is not just my “hurr i cant tlak ill make nother thread hurr” preference.

  • If you read above, I wanted to put this in the “Just for Fun” section, so there wouldn’t be two Pony threads in the same board, but I messed that up. I wasn’t sure if deleting the post would delete the thread successfully, so I just left it up. I’d love it if a mod could move it there.
  • We’ve tried to start conversation in the General thread, but it has always been buried in images. Without fail.
  • A forum allows for discussion among many people, not just two (messaging would suffice for that.)
     
    I really do hope that it doesn’t become another plain image thread, but there is no way to know that will happen for sure until it does happen.
    Should it come to that, we’ll figure out something else.

Actually I kinda agree with verbose, we never talk in pony general anymore. If I tried to start a conversation in there then it would get ignored and more pictures would be posted(Wouldn’t be the first time this happened to me). Then again we don’t need two pony threads in general.

To Drpepperfan Founder of the Osaka Army and Russian Fedora, there is a reason that this sprung up.

Have you been to the other thread? It’s constant images, makes regular discussion kinda hard. I can see why /b/ was not thrilled with it.

“You could always make your own channel in the IRC if it doesn’t work out.”

While that might work for those who have IRC, it won’t for those who don’t or don’t want it.

Last edited Aug 25, 2011 at 05:36PM EDT

guise this thread is in response to too much conversation on the MLP comments page
Please let the bronies have this thread for discussions on MLP.
You don’t need to comment.
P.S. Mods should move KYM pony general to JFF

Last edited Aug 25, 2011 at 05:44PM EDT

Drpepperfan #1 Fan Of Osaka wrote:

No Ashbot, he’s saying they should make a brand new IRC room just for Brony talk. Either do that, or start reusing the other thread. But this thread? No no no. This is lame.

You want to use the other thread? Go in there and tell people /not/ to post pictures then, cause if this one does get locked, I’m not posting anywhere except on the page until the image dumping stops.

Derpy Vazquez wrote:

guise this thread is in response to too much conversation on the MLP comments page
Please let the bronies have this thread for discussions on MLP.
You don’t need to comment.
P.S. Mods should move KYM pony general to JFF

Drpepperfan is a brony, and even he agrees that this thread shouldn’t be here. So it isn’t just anti-bronies. It’s people who think this is a waste of space.

Ashki wrote:

You want to use the other thread? Go in there and tell people /not/ to post pictures then, cause if this one does get locked, I’m not posting anywhere except on the page until the image dumping stops.

Oh no not that!

Kalmo wrote:

Drpepperfan is a brony, and even he agrees that this thread shouldn’t be here. So it isn’t just anti-bronies. It’s people who think this is a waste of space.

Have you seen the comments on MLP page? There are over 11000 posts. KYM Pony General has become a JFF thread and there should be a thread for discussions.

Suiseiseki     wrote:

Cool story bro.

Judging by your activity you’ve never really posted anywhere besides the pony thread and this other pony thread.

Cool story bro.

As for my activity, I posted on the other thread when there was discussions, then it turned into image dumping and I started posting on the MLP: FiM page itself, however, a certain someone wants us to post in the forums, and that’s next to impossible when it’s nothing but image dumps.

Derpy Vazquez wrote:

Have you seen the comments on MLP page? There are over 11000 posts. KYM Pony General has become a JFF thread and there should be a thread for discussions.

Yes I have.

And I’m just gonna ask. What is there to discuss?

“Which pony is your favorite?” “Look at this picture I made of ponies!” “I love ponies!” “Where do you think the creator gets her inspiration?”

I mean seriously, is it that important to have a thread dedicated to discussions of that? I’m not trying to sound rude, but it just seems pointless. And everyone is allowed to type what they want in whatever thread they want, so I should be able to dispute the creation of this thread, when it is just going to be a repeat of the other thread.

Ashki wrote:

Cool story bro.

As for my activity, I posted on the other thread when there was discussions, then it turned into image dumping and I started posting on the MLP: FiM page itself, however, a certain someone wants us to post in the forums, and that’s next to impossible when it’s nothing but image dumps.

I thought you liked images of little girls’ shows?

The IRC will still flood with newfags. “How do I join room” I have a feeling you’re gonna be hearing a lot of that, along with the users who are curious about you guys are talking about in the main room. Not to mention the fact that I don’t really like going on the IRC anymore but I still wanna join in on the pony dicussion. Sorry if I sound like i’m bitching, I have a huge headache and this isn’t helping.

Generally, I’ll catch myself before doing something like this. I hate internet drama.
 
It’s not really a Brony/hater-based objection, but it’s a matter of having two threads. So I appreciate the objections not being based on hatedom.

I’d like for this to stay up, but moved if possible to keep from having two Pony threads on General. Discussion is not going to occur on the General thread (it has been tried) and it probably shouldn’t occur in the article, so this was simply me being proactive on what had previously been voiced by people other than me.
 
If it gets locked for being a nearly duplicate thread, so be it. I won’t have to deal with the drama and the kramas. But I think it will serve a separate purpose from the other thread and the Comments section.

Last edited Aug 25, 2011 at 06:04PM EDT

These threads are split up into general discussion, meme research, Just for fun and site related.
I don’t think that having 2 pony threads is going to kill anyone. You don’t have to post anything here unless you want to.

Derpy Vazquez wrote:

These threads are split up into general discussion, meme research, Just for fun and site related.
I don’t think that having 2 pony threads is going to kill anyone. You don’t have to post anything here unless you want to.

I agree with your deal, the other forum should be moved to the JFF deal, and this one should remain for discussion and discussion only.

OP, you are drastically jumping to conclusions. If you’d paid any attention to Pony General in the last few days, you’d see that we are having discussions along with the image posting. Next time you should check yourself before you wreck yourself.

As for the rest of you, do you think you’d be overreacting so much if the topic was anything but ponies? Chill out.

This should be locked now.

Last edited Aug 25, 2011 at 05:59PM EDT

Fridge wrote:

OP, you are drastically jumping to conclusions. If you’d paid any attention to Pony General in the last few days, you’d see that we are having discussions along with the image posting. Next time you should check yourself before you wreck yourself.

As for the rest of you, do you think you’d be overreacting so much if the topic was anything but ponies? Chill out.

This should be locked now.

I can already tell you, no, the other users would not be acting like this if it was anything but ponies.

Kalmo wrote:

Yes I have.

And I’m just gonna ask. What is there to discuss?

“Which pony is your favorite?” “Look at this picture I made of ponies!” “I love ponies!” “Where do you think the creator gets her inspiration?”

I mean seriously, is it that important to have a thread dedicated to discussions of that? I’m not trying to sound rude, but it just seems pointless. And everyone is allowed to type what they want in whatever thread they want, so I should be able to dispute the creation of this thread, when it is just going to be a repeat of the other thread.

We talk about many things besides that. The same could be said about a LoZ thread. “What’s your favorite item?” “The water temple is such a bitch” “I wanna fuck zelda but she is gay for link, how do?”

Ashbot wrote:

We talk about many things besides that. The same could be said about a LoZ thread. “What’s your favorite item?” “The water temple is such a bitch” “I wanna fuck zelda but she is gay for link, how do?”

I know, but there isn’t a discussion of that. I’m mostly just ranting due to the fact that there are two threads of the exact same thing. The other thread is perfectly fine.

Drpepperfan #1 Fan Of Osaka wrote:

MY GOD. You guys! I think I may have solved the image dump problem….using the secret technique….of actually posting something. D8

Amazing, I know.

I can. Others will not. There are more others than myself. The problem is not solved. The sarcasm does not help the issue.

@Vulcan
It is light conversation not the discussion that had been going on in the Comments section of the main article. I’m generally pretty good about checking myself. The convos are not quite discussion.

@any objectors
Again, if it gets locked, I wouldn’t mind terribly. I hate the fact that Ponies (and useless threads) annoy people, and I don’t like to start stuff.
 
I imagine a mod will come by in time, and they’ll make a decision on it. Hopefully, they’ll voice an opinion on it before making a decision, and we’ll go from there. Thanks to most for being civil about this.

Suiseiseki     wrote:

I’ve actually never watch the show. I just desu spam to watch people cringe. It’s fun.

Wow, so all you do is bitch about furries/bronies and spam? You’re a walking shitstorm. This isn’t even considered trolling.

Ashbot wrote:

This has become a shitstorm thread anyway. I’m off to go bump the homestuck thread now. Kalmo, just say the word and i’ll make a LoZ thread if you’re in the mood for one.

Well it seems that it’s getting popular today with all the general threads, so why not. I could definitely bring up some fun conversation of it. My example earlier wasn’t that good, but oh well.

butterin yobread wrote:

If it was anything but ponies wed just have one thread and be happy

Have you been paying attention over the year you have been here?
there are more than 10 threads with the same topic. (Redux)

Drpepperfan #1 Fan Of Osaka wrote:

MY GOD. You guys! I think I may have solved the image dump problem….using the secret technique….of actually posting something. D8

Amazing, I know.

You say that as if we have the amazing ability to control what other people do. I’ll let you in on a little secret. We don’t

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

This thread was locked by an administrator.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hauu! You must login or signup first!