Forums / Discussion / General

232,892 total conversations in 7,787 threads

+ New Thread

COD black ops is 33% off, should i get this or wait for MW3?

Last posted Sep 10, 2011 at 08:31PM EDT. Added Sep 05, 2011 at 02:21PM EDT
27 posts from 17 users

blops is now 40$ instead of 60$ i played the free weekened and had tons of fun but im still afraid of purchasing it. if MW3 will turn out to be better i wasted 40$ on a game i shouldn't have bought. on the other hand, from what i'v seen, there aren't many changes in MW3 like there are in blops… so maybe blops wiill be better…
another thing im afriad the community might migrate to MW3 and blops will have low traffic.

and for everyone who's going to say wo wait for BF3 – did you see those graphics? there is no way in hell my computer can run it…. i barely run BC2 properly

eeeeh thread is irreleveant, it got back to 60$ again… oh well, ima wait here for ex mas, when it will probebly be even cheaper… oh well that free weekend was fun with the galil, FN FAL and double barrled shotgun…

and by the way, every cod game i played feels diffirent. they are not same games… they get 9+ ratings from critics for a reson

Jolly Jew wrote:

eeeeh thread is irreleveant, it got back to 60$ again… oh well, ima wait here for ex mas, when it will probebly be even cheaper… oh well that free weekend was fun with the galil, FN FAL and double barrled shotgun…

and by the way, every cod game i played feels diffirent. they are not same games… they get 9+ ratings from critics for a reson

Seems legit.

Get Halo Reach or wait for Halo 4. Don't even bother with Call of Duty and their games anymore. It's the same exact game with a new title. I played them. They all felt the exact same.

Besides, Infinity Ward is now the very definition of the word sellout.

Sweatie beat me to it.

Why pay for a game with bad visuals, lame characters, expensive updates and lack of creativity when you can play a game with good visuals, good characters, free updates, and creative content for FREE!

By the way, item drops are every Thursday.
Last Thursday I got a bunch of shit I already had.

despite the fact that i won't be buying blops for now….
what the hell is wrong with you people? you can't accept the fact that i enjoy something that you don't? i like fast paced arcade FPS. quit shoving in my face how bad you think it is and how i should play something else i like CoD, i think it's fun! stop trying to convince me it's not! grow up dammit!

(either way it looks like ill ignore MW3 and will buy black ops as soon as it'll be cheap again, from what i'v seen, MW3 is going to be pretty bad and unoriginal)

and geesehoward. i didn't like borderlands and i defiently don't want to buy TF2 hats, now that is a REAL waste of money. i remember back in the day of the mannconomy update how people were joking that they could buy a CoD map pack for the price of a single hat

Last edited Sep 06, 2011 at 07:11AM EDT

Jolly Jew wrote:

what the hell is wrong with you people? you can't accept the fact that i enjoy something that you don't? i like fast paced arcade FPS. quit shoving in my face how bad you think it is and how i should play something else i like CoD, i think it's fun! stop trying to convince me it's not! grow up dammit!

(either way it looks like ill ignore MW3 and will buy black ops as soon as it'll be cheap again, from what i'v seen, MW3 is going to be pretty bad and unoriginal)

and geesehoward. i didn't like borderlands and i defiently don't want to buy TF2 hats, now that is a REAL waste of money. i remember back in the day of the mannconomy update how people were joking that they could buy a CoD map pack for the price of a single hat

I am hoping this won't start a snowball of bickering.

But anyway, although I've never(and indeed, don't see the point in buying a hat because the magic is building it yourself) but at least the TF2 community is not divided between those who bought hats and those who do not. In contrast to the Call of Duty series which release map packs that will divide communities and get people who don't have the latest maps kicked out 50% of the games. (My experience from the Call of Duty games, which I did quite enjoy on multiplayer with the exception of the map packs of course, but maybe in the more recent releases they've fixed this by adding a no DLC option when searching for a game.)

RainbowWizard wrote:

I am hoping this won't start a snowball of bickering.

But anyway, although I've never(and indeed, don't see the point in buying a hat because the magic is building it yourself) but at least the TF2 community is not divided between those who bought hats and those who do not. In contrast to the Call of Duty series which release map packs that will divide communities and get people who don't have the latest maps kicked out 50% of the games. (My experience from the Call of Duty games, which I did quite enjoy on multiplayer with the exception of the map packs of course, but maybe in the more recent releases they've fixed this by adding a no DLC option when searching for a game.)

yeah the DLC's are BS but there is nothing we can do activision is greedy but hopfully when COD franchise will die this company will disapear into thin air…
atl least the map packs in Blops offer a bit more value since you also get zombie maps which add alot to the replayablility…

I like Activision. They've made some of the best games of all time. I simply don't care for the games past MW1 since they haven't really upgraded their game engine since cod1 and they really haven't brought out any original content since possibly WaW.

Jolly Jew wrote:

Look… CoD might be fun for ya… but honestly, i played all of them, theres no changes… even the shouting kiddies are the same. CoD is like… how could i say… Real easy to play. You want some fast paced shooters then? I think you could put Quake 4 on your purchase list… you wont regret it, the only way it could be faster is if you played Quake 3 arena or something, also try quakelive for free…

And yeah, i know those hats are expensive. but honestly I prefer buying then over any of those new call of duty map packs or games.

The whole rage CoD recieves, is because of IW and Activision recent greediness, also of course because of those 8 year olds shouting on their mics… Call of duty games are released almost every year, people notice no difference besides the graphics, storylines are kinda half-assed and et cetera. always the same clichés and stuff. always.

Just buy the game and get it over with. You're wasting precious time.
And GeeseHoward, that's what makes CoD so fun. It's so easy, and you get to beat the crap out of some kids playing with their uncles' 360s. Yes, challenges are fun, too, but it's also fun being a killjoy with your mad skills.

Flimsy wrote:

Just buy the game and get it over with. You're wasting precious time.
And GeeseHoward, that's what makes CoD so fun. It's so easy, and you get to beat the crap out of some kids playing with their uncles' 360s. Yes, challenges are fun, too, but it's also fun being a killjoy with your mad skills.

Yeah… being the "supreme skillz troll" on the server is cool. But i always preferred the challenges. :3 maybe because i had this game here back in 1999 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2et3cKlSSk…

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Greetings! You must login or signup first!