Forums / Discussion / General

232,883 total conversations in 7,786 threads

+ New Thread

Why Do You Participate In The Forums?

Last posted Sep 22, 2011 at 04:58PM EDT. Added Sep 20, 2011 at 09:37PM EDT
41 posts from 33 users

In this thread, you explain to others why you use the forums and why are you so compelled to use them.

For me, I actually found a website where I can relate to users on some different level that isn't my normal everyday life. I guess it's my split personality because if I said this shit IRL people would think I'm insane… And I also like how they are set up. Many lulz and friendships have been made. I'm just happy to have found this site and be a member. That is all.

To escape.

To escape the horrors of reality and all that is wrong with the world.

To escape the idea that I'm just a common person and that I won't make any difference in the world.

To escape all responsibility, if only for a short while.

To escape depression, anxiety, and the fear that I don't matter.

To escape all of my faults.

To escape my past.

To escape disappointing those around me.

To escape myself.

Kalmo wrote:

To escape.

To escape the idea that I'm just a common person and that I won't make any difference in the world.

To escape my past.

To escape myself.

I don't always agree with Kalmo. But when I do, he has a good point.

Kalmo wrote:

To escape.

To escape my past.

To escape myself.

Kalmo, you've just made me depressed. I'll go cheer myself up and come back with an explanation for my forum usage in a bit.

Alex>_> wrote:

In this thread, you explain to others why you use the forums and why are you so compelled to use them.

For me, I actually found a website where I can relate to users on some different level that isn't my normal everyday life. I guess it's my split personality because if I said this shit IRL people would think I'm insane… And I also like how they are set up. Many lulz and friendships have been made. I'm just happy to have found this site and be a member. That is all.

I'm gonna have to say the same reasons as you.

Cale wrote:

Because you people treat me better than anyone I know else-where.

@Kalmo: You wanna borrow my Bible?

I'd rather not. It's not so much that I need God in my life, since I already do.

You can't expect him to do everything.

Example: You're learning to ride a bike and your parent is holding the bike to make sure you don't fall. Then you start getting the hang of it. Then what does your parent do? They let go, for you to fall and get back up on your own.

I know I'm being a tad dramatic, but it feels better to say the reasons why you do things completely and free yourself from distress.

Kalmo wrote:

I'd rather not. It's not so much that I need God in my life, since I already do.

You can't expect him to do everything.

Example: You're learning to ride a bike and your parent is holding the bike to make sure you don't fall. Then you start getting the hang of it. Then what does your parent do? They let go, for you to fall and get back up on your own.

I know I'm being a tad dramatic, but it feels better to say the reasons why you do things completely and free yourself from distress.

I apologize. There are so few conservative Christians in my life.

I, personally, have a rather fatalistic view on God, which would clearly not help the case at hand.

Dane said it best before he left: "This is the best forum on the internet."
I think we have a great community which reaps the benefits of being an internet reference site, in that most are well informed, intelligent people.

I also enjoy memes.

Last edited Sep 20, 2011 at 10:53PM EDT

Jk lol, l love you guys.

Why did I first start? I'm not exactly sure. I most likely wanted to make a name for myself because I was a huge attention whore. Wait, why am I saying "was"? I'm still a huge attention whore. Now I've made some friends here, so I like talking to them.

Last edited Sep 20, 2011 at 11:32PM EDT

Philip J. Fry wrote:

Jk lol, l love you guys.

Why did I first start? I'm not exactly sure. I most likely wanted to make a name for myself because I was a huge attention whore. Wait, why am I saying "was"? I'm still a huge attention whore. Now I've made some friends here, so I like talking to them.

To be honest, I came for ponies. Not gonna lie. I post on that thread the most.

But Fridge Logic has the reason why I started to post elsewhere:

I think we have a great community which reaps the benefits of being an internet reference site, in that most are well informed, intelligent people.

You're interesting people to listen to/read from. I wanted in. And so I started using my 2 year old account in earnest.

I first started because I didn't have a way to talk to my internet-loving irl friends anymore due to a school change, then I decided that the friends I was making here were cool and I learned that you don't need friends irl to be happy. And so I spend time here and in the irc.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Word Up! You must login or signup first!