Forums / General

195,818 total conversations in 5,394 threads

+ New Thread

Does your school make this much sense?

Last posted Sep 29, 2011 at 03:16AM EDT. Added Sep 27, 2011 at 08:36AM EDT
24 conversations with 21 participants

Alright, I may be overreacting, but this is just weird.
I was eating lunch in the cafeteria of my school last monday (internet was out for a week due to a typhoon) when suddenly I heard the MLP:FIM main theme play. I turned to the direction of the disturbance, and what do I find? Not one student, not a closed circle, but what appears to be half a class of second year students watching MLP. You can just imagine what unfolded.
Now, the word “gay” was mentioned, and the small group was thrown into a frenzy of violent threats. How they settled this? A Dougie Battle. I kid you not. West Side Story style, they snapped their fingers in unison and started Dougie’ing. A small group of Martials were dispatched to eliminate this disturbance, but not before I heard a student shout something like “Yukkuri Shiteitte Ne!”.
Only in the Philippines…

Sep 27, 2011 at 08:36AM EDT

At my school we had our “class clown” get suspended for saying “Come at me bro” to our principal though that’s nothing compared to your story.

Sep 27, 2011 at 08:42AM EDT

detectiveStalemate wrote:

I was eating lunch in the cafeteria of my school last monday (internet was out for a week due to a typhoon) when suddenly I heard the MLP:FIM main theme play. I turned to the direction of the disturbance, and what do I find? Not one student, not a closed circle, but what appears to be half a class of second year students watching MLP. You can just imagine what unfolded.
Now, the word “gay” was mentioned, and the small group was thrown into a frenzy of violent threats. How they settled this? A Dougie Battle. I kid you not. West Side Story style, they snapped their fingers in unison and started Dougie’ing. A small group of Martials were dispatched to eliminate this disturbance, but not before I heard a student shout something like “Yukkuri Shiteitte Ne!”.
Only in the Philippines…

Your school sounds AWESOME!!! :D

Sep 27, 2011 at 09:15AM EDT

You sure your school isn’t the set for the new High School Musical?

Sep 27, 2011 at 09:40AM EDT

RandomMan wrote:

You sure your school isn’t the set for the new High School Musical?

Not if the new High School Musical involves intense swearing. I’d pay to see intense swearing.

Sep 27, 2011 at 09:47AM EDT

“Does my school make… sense?”

Short answer: No

Long answer: I’m in the US public school system, of course not.

Sep 27, 2011 at 10:18AM EDT

Your school sounds unique.

Last edited Sep 27, 2011 at 11:38AM EDT
Sep 27, 2011 at 11:37AM EDT

This is how imagined the dougie battle about to start.

Sep 27, 2011 at 11:40AM EDT

I know a kid who’s private school had an Ostrich.

Sep 27, 2011 at 11:46AM EDT

Only in the Philippines…

……THE FUCK!?!?!

Sep 27, 2011 at 12:43PM EDT

They can all go to hell
Spits toothpick out and puts hand on holster

Sep 27, 2011 at 02:28PM EDT

Only in the Philippines…

Sep 27, 2011 at 02:37PM EDT

My college has people write stuff in chalk to raise awareness of certain events and causes. One month, it was about gay rights… there were two factions, which would write in chalk: one gay, one anti-gay. There would be long debates across the school sidewalks… in chalk. It was like a forum flame-war… but IRL. I wouldn’t have even called it a debate, as most comments were just tongue-in-cheek insults.

What made me furious was the one of the pro-gay rights responses read:

I would have been cool with it normally… but under the context, it was implying MLP had anything to do with homosexuality. MLP isn’t gay; It’s what we call tranquil and happy.

I have nothing against gay culture… but screw with my Fluttershy and you got another thing coming.

Sep 27, 2011 at 04:27PM EDT

Only in the Philippines…

I… buh… what?

I cannot think of anything that comes close to this.

Your school is epic. Though I’m not sure if I want to go there… no offense, but I’m low enough on sanity as is… :P

Sep 27, 2011 at 05:17PM EDT

Either you’re in college (it would be just another normal day if this happened at my college) or you go to the greatest school ever.

Sep 27, 2011 at 08:03PM EDT

Wait, so the bronies started threatening the other people?

What happened to loving and tolerating?

Sep 27, 2011 at 08:44PM EDT

They were tolerating the s*** out of them lol

Sep 27, 2011 at 09:39PM EDT

Only in the Philippines…

MIND=BLOWN

Sep 28, 2011 at 02:41AM EDT

I remember when my school charge money for every time we didnt do our homework.

They made a lot of money.

Sep 28, 2011 at 03:27AM EDT

My school is pretty normal. The only unique things we do are having a Harry Potter Fan Club (which is quite popular, I kid you not) and the drama club’s annual production of The Rocky Horror Show. Other than that, it’s mostly a school full of cynical pothead rednecks.

I have to admit….a group of open Bronies in a high school? That’s simply unheard of where I come from. Maybe in college, but not high school. I would say the whole thing makes your school 20% cooler than mine, but the Dougie battle would invalidate that.

Sep 28, 2011 at 11:46PM EDT

Martials dispatched in a school over MLP.

Sep 29, 2011 at 03:15AM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Word Up! You must login or signup first!