Forums / Discussion / General

232,893 total conversations in 7,788 threads

+ New Thread

Cartoon Network reference every meme ever.

Last posted Oct 02, 2011 at 04:09PM EDT. Added Sep 27, 2011 at 07:32PM EDT
51 posts from 32 users

I…

I can't describe this. I don't know if this is glorious or not.

The only word that can properly sum this up is… "wat."

Tomberry wrote:

I like it.

Agreed. I think it's awesome they took the time to put all of those references in there. There's a shitstorm going on in the comments of the video, though. I don't see what they hate so much about real life referencing the internet. We reference real life all the time, they're only returning the favor.

Nintendork64 wrote:

Agreed. I think it's awesome they took the time to put all of those references in there. There's a shitstorm going on in the comments of the video, though. I don't see what they hate so much about real life referencing the internet. We reference real life all the time, they're only returning the favor.

Well, when a mainstream medium misundertands a meme and doesn't reuse it right, it's easy to understand why there would be a major backslash featuring comments filled with hatred.
Here, however, they reused all of their references properly and accurately… which generated a stronger shitstorm from newfags who think that their in-jokes must be kept secret and all.

Still, I like how they did it.

Philip J. Fry wrote:

Embracing for the sudden influx of 10 year old kids using memes IRL at every given opportunity.

It's going to be tough for all of us, but we're going to need to get through it with pride and dignity.

ZillieZephyr wrote:

I'm…. not sure what to think. But something about this feels right. Know what I mean?

It's almost like they're using internet memes for entertainment!

Sweatie Killer wrote:

You call it the internet, I call everything cancer anyways.

@Thread: Wow, Cartoon network has just gained 50 point's of respect for me! (Which brings it's total up to negative 8950)

Last edited Sep 27, 2011 at 11:31PM EDT

Mr Bumhole #1 Fan Of Osaka wrote:

This clip is from the MAD Animated series on Cartoon Network. It aired on TV. You may notice it contains every meme. Most significant example of the Internet Leaking perhaps? What are your thoughts on the short?

I am so confused right now…

Jack Candle wrote:

What about that Viral Video episode of Regular Show? I saw Tay Zonday, Rick Astley, Antoine Dodson, that "I am a banana" banana, and even Rageface on one of the monitors there.

This is the closest I could find.

Unless I am mistaken, they didn't include "over nine thousand" which is the only meme so stupid and overused that I can count multiple times I hear/read it each day. It is also the only meme I have seen on campus beyond the computer science department (which is actually flooded with all kinds of memes).

Mr Bumhole #1 Fan Of Osaka wrote:

This clip is from the MAD Animated series on Cartoon Network. It aired on TV. You may notice it contains every meme. Most significant example of the Internet Leaking perhaps? What are your thoughts on the short?

Y U NO include Touhou references ???!

Son, I am disappoint.
ಠ_ಠ

Just an apple or something would have been enough.

Yes, I'm sort of mad.

But at least it doesn't have ponies either.

Last edited Sep 28, 2011 at 02:54PM EDT

AHEM. Let me just leave this here…

EDIT: and this is in the same episode. i just saw this on TV.

Last edited Sep 29, 2011 at 07:12PM EDT

Ar098 wrote:

AHEM. Let me just leave this here…

EDIT: and this is in the same episode. i just saw this on TV.

There's a point where this needs to stop.
And we have clearly crossed that point.

Actually I just recently noticed that there was a "X Grab My Y" reference on there. I didn't think that DeviantArt would come into play for them. They are really going the nine for referencing killing

Syndic wrote:

Unless I am mistaken, they didn't include "over nine thousand" which is the only meme so stupid and overused that I can count multiple times I hear/read it each day. It is also the only meme I have seen on campus beyond the computer science department (which is actually flooded with all kinds of memes).

Why didn't they use over 9000? Probably because they used it before. Also random Caramelldansen and Pedobear reference.

inb4 "Internet is Leaking" General

Last edited Sep 30, 2011 at 09:54PM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

'lo! You must login or signup first!