Forums / Discussion / General

232,887 total conversations in 7,787 threads

+ New Thread

Featured Featured Locked Locked
KYM Pony General 2.0

Last posted Nov 01, 2011 at 07:44PM EDT. Added Oct 06, 2011 at 09:41PM EDT
9966 posts from 88 users

Hey guys, the old pony thread was taking up a lot of room in the general section of the forum.

We're transferring the old pony thread here.

Post on, bronies.

(Also, thank DPF for keeping our forums looking pristine and thinking this up, yo)

Last edited Oct 06, 2011 at 10:58PM EDT

Chris wrote:

Hey guys, the old pony thread was taking up a lot of room in the general section of the forum.

We're transferring the old pony thread here.

Post on, bronies.

(Also, thank DPF for keeping our forums looking pristine and thinking this up, yo)

After two other threads got locked after this exact same stupid thing, I have one thing to say…

GREAT THINKING, ABRA!

(For anyone that doesn't understand my sense of sarcasm, this was a joke.)

Last edited Oct 06, 2011 at 10:10PM EDT

The last thread went on for 7 months. I doubt this will make 3.

And the first actual pony on this thread is me,

EDIT:
>Who would have guessed the 10 seconds it took to get this image there would be already like 5 more posts? So I guess not first :(

EDIT EDIT:
SECOND!11!!one!!1eleven

Last edited Oct 06, 2011 at 09:46PM EDT

Xelus Shnider wrote:

The last thread went on for 7 months. I doubt this will make 3.

And the first actual pony on this thread is me,

EDIT:
>Who would have guessed the 10 seconds it took to get this image there would be already like 5 more posts? So I guess not first :(

EDIT EDIT:
SECOND!11!!one!!1eleven

The music is all like. :D

Thanks, Spycrabra!

Also Kalmo, that was DPF's idea. I'm sure you're long gone by now though…
I will earn his approval one day…

So anyone down for a discussion topic?
I felt like Episodes 1 and 2 of the second season was different from the episodes in Season 1. I felt like it was a bit "darker" (like a 3 or a 4 at times on a scale from 1 to 10.) It almost seemed like the show is beginning to let loose now that its well-established.

Do you think that the season will continue on with that tone?
Do you think that this new "tone" I'm talking about even exists?

Verbose wrote:

Thanks, Spycrabra!

I felt like Episodes 1 and 2 of the second season was different from the episodes in Season 1. I felt like it was a bit "darker" (like a 3 or a 4 at times on a scale from 1 to 10.) It almost seemed like the show is beginning to let loose now that its well-established.

It probably won't be much darker than season 1. Remember, the first 2 episodes on season 1 were much darker than the rest of the series. It wouldn't surprise me if this same trend was followed for the second season.

Cite wrote:

It probably won't be much darker than season 1. Remember, the first 2 episodes on season 1 were much darker than the rest of the series. It wouldn't surprise me if this same trend was followed for the second season.

Yeah not like you will find this

http://img.ponibooru.org/images/e163cd469f24e568a373e4064e364c42/48885%20-%20Fluttercheese%20artist%3Amogasaki%20fluttershy%20holes%20nightmare_fuel%20seriouslywtf%20trypophobia.jpg

on the show. And I dont know why would any one make a pic of this either.

http://i.neoseeker.com/mgv/574321-Liege/321/29/1307399397038_display.jpg

supermonday wrote:

hello everypony, what are we up to on this thread?

I thought you had ascended into heaven! Or to wherever it is that my respected elder posters go when I don't see them for a while.

Verbose wrote:

Thanks, Spycrabra!

This pretty much answers the question

Kalmo wrote:

After two other threads got locked after this exact same stupid thing, I have one thing to say…

GREAT THINKING, ABRA!

(For anyone that doesn't understand my sense of sarcasm, this was a joke.)

Nevermind, I made myself out to be an idiot.

Last edited Oct 06, 2011 at 10:20PM EDT

Dr. Gregory Horse The Pony Medic wrote:

This pretty much answers the question

Educational?

So ponies clean up winter, run past trees to make the leaves fall in autumn, raise the sun in the morning, take care of baby animals and throw awesome parties in the real world, too?

Ric Te$l@ wrote:

Im happy that the new pony thread is up and running now i need to go to bed now night bronies.

Nooi, the new thread just started and already I have the diebeteeus, also, goodnight!

Last edited Oct 06, 2011 at 10:11PM EDT

CitationNeeded wrote:

It probably won’t be much darker than season 1. Remember, the first 2 episodes on season 1 were much darker than the rest of the series. It wouldn’t surprise me if this same trend was followed for the second season.

Hm. I'm aware that the first 2 episodes were darker than Season 1, but that's not really a reason to believe one way or the other if it will stay that way.

Ric Tesla wrote:

Yeah not like you will find this

on the show. And I dont know why would any one make a pic of this either.

I don't expect to. "Darker" does not mean "dark." I'm not silly enough to think that FiM is going to become anything more "mature" or "adult" than PG-rated.

From the interviews I've listened to and read, the first season seemed to be more of a trial period. I got the feeling as if the writing for this season is to be more along the lines of what Lauren Faust had in mind originally for the show, and Hasbro now feels as if this can be successful.

My thinking is that "darker" still wouldn't be as dark as Dexter's Lab or The Powerpuff Girls got at times. But still not what you'd expect from My Little Pony, even with knowledge of what FiM was like in its first season.

tl;dr
Jayson Thiessen said there would be a "scary" episode or two. Episodes 1 and 2 were not those episodes. It will be darker for those episodes, but I want to know if the other episodes will be…different…as well. But nothing so different that it becomes another show altogether.

@Kalmo
There was no reason to believe it was a joke. Because it wasn't phrased (originally) as a joke. You don't normally post on Pony threads, and we have no reason to believe you read the pages where DPF brought it up. It had no humorous quality to it. I've read your other posts where I could sense your humor. It is a bit harsh, confident, but not as sarcastic as I've seen from Suiseiseki or other users.

Why would "we people" believe it was a joke?

Last edited Oct 06, 2011 at 10:22PM EDT

@Verbose:

1). Don't start labeling me as some prejudice dude to bronies; that's not cool. I'm talking to the people that thought I was being serious. "Those" people. Not bronies. Not cool.

2). It was a joke because two threads were already closed trying to restart the pony thread, but they were both locked being labeled as "unnecessary". But now that a moderator has made it, everything seems fine with it. Also the big smiley face of Scott rolling his eyes also should have been a big hint that it was a joke.

@Kalmo
I type slowly and edit slowly. I was refering to the original post. There wasn't anything there hinting before it was edited.

But this is a Pony thread. I shouldn't argue a post here. I'll concede that I'm a little defensive, and that my remark wasn't necessary. I'm sorry for that.

I will continue on my quest to earn your respect.
No, really. I've been trying to earn your respect for a while now.

makoncrayley wrote:

Guys, I'm not in the greatest of moods right now. To be frank, I'm pretty bloody pissed right now (don't ask why, it's better that way). I need something to cheer me up.

Oh, and yay on the new general.

Something to cheer you up…..

Fluttershy?

makoncrayley wrote:

Guys, I'm not in the greatest of moods right now. To be frank, I'm pretty bloody pissed right now (don't ask why, it's better that way). I need something to cheer me up.

Oh, and yay on the new general.

I know that feel bro, I've just been feelin' awful today. We all could use 50 CCs of pony, STAT!

Kalmo wrote:

@Verbose:

1). Don't start labeling me as some prejudice dude to bronies; that's not cool. I'm talking to the people that thought I was being serious. "Those" people. Not bronies. Not cool.

2). It was a joke because two threads were already closed trying to restart the pony thread, but they were both locked being labeled as "unnecessary". But now that a moderator has made it, everything seems fine with it. Also the big smiley face of Scott rolling his eyes also should have been a big hint that it was a joke.

Sorry man, I tend to get on the defensive at times. Guess those encounters with Fridge and the other trolls on the main page do that.

Last edited Oct 06, 2011 at 10:48PM EDT

Kalmo wrote:

Am I the only one that read it as "You are Trixie at all any time free to now worship"?

That would be a surprise, I'd be out of species, out of character and out of gender all with one transformation.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

This thread was locked by an administrator.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Word Up! You must login or signup first!