Forums / Discussion / General

171,016 total conversations in 5,490 threads

+ New Thread


Featured Featured Locked Locked
KYM Pony General 2.0

Last posted Nov 01, 2011 at 07:44PM EDT. Added Oct 06, 2011 at 09:41PM EDT
9966 posts from 88 users

Also, people might have already seen it on EqD provided they go there, but this.

Fluttersniper is best pony, BAR NONE. Except maybe Rainbow Pointmare.

Last edited Oct 07, 2011 at 09:58PM EDT
Oct 07, 2011 at 09:57PM EDT
Quote

CitationNeeded wrote:

I’ve seen at least three, and that was just while going through a backlog. There’s probably a couple more.
Er, three fics. Not pictures of Dash hanging herself.

I don’t get it, why are fanfiction writers so enthralled by the idea of taking characters from a cartoon and putting them in melodramatic, over-the-top depressing stories? I appreciate irony as much as the next guy, but these are all taken 100% seriously, what kind of sadist enjoys that?

Well you know the old saying I guess, drama is easy, comedy is hard.

Oct 07, 2011 at 09:58PM EDT
Quote

Sparty the Spaceship wrote:

Link the pic and the comic. As much as it may pain me, I’m afraid I have to look at it. Otherwise I’ll just find it myself.

My body is ready.

Here’s the original

Here’s the edited one

All I can ask is why someone would take that and do such a thing, but then I remember it’s the internet and that stuff unfortunately happens.

Last edited Oct 07, 2011 at 10:01PM EDT
Oct 07, 2011 at 10:00PM EDT
Quote

Ashki wrote:

Here’s the original

Here’s the edited one

All I can ask is why someone would take that and do such a thing, but then I remember it’s the internet and that stuff unfortunately happens.

I love that comic, nuked me to death with nostalgia.
I was pissed when I saw the one of her hanging herself. ಠnಠ
My old avatar was the very last panel, some of you may remember.
EDIT: @Sparty
your welcome.

Last edited Oct 07, 2011 at 10:09PM EDT
Oct 07, 2011 at 10:05PM EDT
Quote

Edan, Herper of Many Derps wrote:

Jesus Christ, even MOLESTIA is upset…
What the fuck did Derpy do?

You see that f-word you typed?
The “fuck” one?
That’s what happened. Probably multiple times. No eye contact.
 
 
As for the memes, I should probably take back to that list of ponified memes again. Right after, I get to a stopping point in College Football.

Last edited Oct 07, 2011 at 10:05PM EDT
Oct 07, 2011 at 10:05PM EDT

Record19 wrote:

I love that comic, nuked me to death with nostalgia.
I was pissed when I saw the one of her hanging herself. ಠnಠ
My old avatar was the very last panel, some of you may remember.
EDIT: @Sparty
your welcome.

God damn please do not remind me of that face.

PLEEEEEEZ.

Also, rule of thumb around me: no matter what you do, no matter who you are, don’t hurt ponies or Celestia herself won’t stop me.

Oct 07, 2011 at 10:07PM EDT
Quote

Record19 wrote:

I love that comic, nuked me to death with nostalgia.
I was pissed when I saw the one of her hanging herself. ಠnಠ
My old avatar was the very last panel, some of you may remember.
EDIT: @Sparty
your welcome.

I know a lot of you are REALLY into the show but this is a site that (for good, bad or ugly) reports and catalogs memes. Not every pic is going to be a pro pony one. Why be pissed over it?

Oct 07, 2011 at 10:13PM EDT
Quote

Sparty the Spaceship wrote:

God damn please do not remind me of that face.

PLEEEEEEZ.

Also, rule of thumb around me: no matter what you do, no matter who you are, don’t hurt ponies or Celestia herself won’t stop me.

The guy made it as a seperate picture for me
This guy is awesome.
Edit: @Daniel Vazquez
yeah what Sparty said.

Last edited Oct 07, 2011 at 10:17PM EDT
Oct 07, 2011 at 10:14PM EDT
Quote

Derp Banned wrote:

I know a lot of you are REALLY into the show but this is a site that (for good, bad or ugly) reports and catalogs memes. Not every pic is going to be a pro pony one. Why be pissed over it?

The rage is fake.

My actual reaction to sad version was more along the lines of “tsk tsk tsk, the Internet these days”.

@Karnage: Gah… not sure if should cry, or heart explodinate…

Last edited Oct 07, 2011 at 10:18PM EDT
Oct 07, 2011 at 10:16PM EDT
Quote

Derp Banned wrote:

I know a lot of you are REALLY into the show but this is a site that (for good, bad or ugly) reports and catalogs memes. Not every pic is going to be a pro pony one. Why be pissed over it?

I don’t really care. It’s the internet, you find everything. If you want it or not.

The second comic actually made me lol.

Last edited Oct 07, 2011 at 10:18PM EDT
Oct 07, 2011 at 10:17PM EDT
Quote

Ric Tesla wrote:

Which reminds me did you got a responds yet from the artist? O.o

Last edited Oct 07, 2011 at 10:21PM EDT
Oct 07, 2011 at 10:18PM EDT
Quote

le reading PTOM

Huh? What’s this…

stares at Letter of the Month, or more specifically, the part that says “but we uncomfortably approve of Friendship is Magic”.

Well… all I can say, PTOM, is get ready.

Oct 07, 2011 at 10:23PM EDT
Quote

Sparty the Spaceship wrote:

The rage is fake.

My actual reaction to sad version was more along the lines of “tsk tsk tsk, the Internet these days”.

@Karnage: Gah… not sure if should cry, or heart explodinate…

Yea but I see some stupid comments on pics that are either anti pony or cupcake related. Fake or not a stupid comment is a stupid comment.

Oct 07, 2011 at 10:24PM EDT
Quote

Derp Banned wrote:

Yea but I see some stupid comments on pics that are either anti pony or cupcake related. Fake or not a stupid comment is a stupid comment.

Yeah. You have to watch what you post on the Internet, because it is more or less written in stone afterwards.

@Bronydude: …what?

Last edited Oct 07, 2011 at 10:26PM EDT
Oct 07, 2011 at 10:25PM EDT
Quote

Dr. Gregory Horse The Pony Medic wrote:

Everyone have some lol

Who sees the reference gets 10 internets

Hey look it’s Kevin!
WE LOVE YOU KEVIN!

Did I win?

Last edited Oct 07, 2011 at 10:29PM EDT
Oct 07, 2011 at 10:25PM EDT
Quote

Dr. Gregory Horse The Pony Medic wrote:

Eyup

Congratulations Karnage!


yay

Last edited Oct 07, 2011 at 10:34PM EDT
Oct 07, 2011 at 10:33PM EDT
Quote

Gigatoast wrote:

I don’t get it, why are fanfiction writers so enthralled by the idea of taking characters from a cartoon and putting them in melodramatic, over-the-top depressing stories? I appreciate irony as much as the next guy, but these are all taken 100% seriously, what kind of sadist enjoys that?

Well you know the old saying I guess, drama is easy, comedy is hard.

I think your last sentence is part of the reason. Most people can agree upon what is sad: someone dies or gets sick, dreams are unfulfilled, loss…stuff like that. It’s harder to get people to laugh or smile, because I think humor is a little more cultural and based upon experience and values. The values that sad literature gets at are universally understood.

I also think that it’s easier to make a lasting impression on a reader by defaulting to sad. The fanfiction I normally read and like most are sad, because I’ve already made a connection to the characters, and I’m more likely to be engaged in the story that way. I don’t really expect people to make fanfics that are cute or really funny (because of the reason given in your last sentence,) but I know people can make things sad.

I’ll use myself as an example. I don’t favorite or save many macros or images that are sad, but the fics and some of the comics are usually sad. Not that I want bad things to happen to the mane 6, but I want to read something that makes me feel for the characters.

Then again, it may just be a need to balance out what the show is. They could be latent expectations of life fulfilled through fanfiction.
/sigmundfreud

As for why so many Bronies want to put the FiM characters specifically in dire situations…outside of anything Freudian, I’ve got no clue.


Man, I type a lot.

Oct 07, 2011 at 10:36PM EDT

Verbose wrote:

I think your last sentence is part of the reason. Most people can agree upon what is sad: someone dies or gets sick, dreams are unfulfilled, loss…stuff like that. It’s harder to get people to laugh or smile, because I think humor is a little more cultural and based upon experience and values. The values that sad literature gets at are universally understood.

I also think that it’s easier to make a lasting impression on a reader by defaulting to sad. The fanfiction I normally read and like most are sad, because I’ve already made a connection to the characters, and I’m more likely to be engaged in the story that way. I don’t really expect people to make fanfics that are cute or really funny (because of the reason given in your last sentence,) but I know people can make things sad.

I’ll use myself as an example. I don’t favorite or save many macros or images that are sad, but the fics and some of the comics are usually sad. Not that I want bad things to happen to the mane 6, but I want to read something that makes me feel for the characters.

Then again, it may just be a need to balance out what the show is. They could be latent expectations of life fulfilled through fanfiction.
/sigmundfreud

As for why so many Bronies want to put the FiM characters specifically in dire situations…outside of anything Freudian, I’ve got no clue.


Man, I type a lot.

In any show you have the climactic ending and when you have something tragic happen to a main character you as the viewer are inthralled as to what’s going to happen next. You want the character to pull through so when they don’t you are in disbelief. It’s classic. Hitchcock used the same techniques by killing off a main character in the fist 10 min. of a film. You couldn’t believe he did that but you wanted to see what was going to happen next.

EDIT: yes you do but it’s O.K. I won’t hold it against you. = )

Last edited Oct 07, 2011 at 10:59PM EDT
Oct 07, 2011 at 10:54PM EDT
Quote

Verbose wrote:

I think your last sentence is part of the reason. Most people can agree upon what is sad: someone dies or gets sick, dreams are unfulfilled, loss…stuff like that. It’s harder to get people to laugh or smile, because I think humor is a little more cultural and based upon experience and values. The values that sad literature gets at are universally understood.

I also think that it’s easier to make a lasting impression on a reader by defaulting to sad. The fanfiction I normally read and like most are sad, because I’ve already made a connection to the characters, and I’m more likely to be engaged in the story that way. I don’t really expect people to make fanfics that are cute or really funny (because of the reason given in your last sentence,) but I know people can make things sad.

I’ll use myself as an example. I don’t favorite or save many macros or images that are sad, but the fics and some of the comics are usually sad. Not that I want bad things to happen to the mane 6, but I want to read something that makes me feel for the characters.

Then again, it may just be a need to balance out what the show is. They could be latent expectations of life fulfilled through fanfiction.
/sigmundfreud

As for why so many Bronies want to put the FiM characters specifically in dire situations…outside of anything Freudian, I’ve got no clue.


Man, I type a lot.

Freud: Tell me about your mother.

How ever i do agree with you.
On a unrelated note. We need to Poniefy Sigmund Freud now lol.

Oct 07, 2011 at 10:57PM EDT
Quote

Ric Tesla wrote:

Freud: Tell me about your mother.

How ever i do agree with you.
On a unrelated note. We need to Poniefy Sigmund Freud now lol.

What would his cutie mark be?

Don’tthinkaboutitdon’tthinkaboutitdon’tthinkaboutitdon’tthinkaboutit…

Oct 07, 2011 at 11:00PM EDT
Quote

Ric Tesla wrote:

Freud: Tell me about your mother.

How ever i do agree with you.
On a unrelated note. We need to Poniefy Sigmund Freud now lol.

Someone’s half way there already:

Oct 07, 2011 at 11:02PM EDT
Quote

Ric Tesla wrote:

Freud: Tell me about your mother.

How ever i do agree with you.
On a unrelated note. We need to Poniefy Sigmund Freud now lol.

I remember seeing one with Pinkie and I think it was Rocky on a psychiatrist’s couch

Oct 07, 2011 at 11:02PM EDT
Quote

Verbose wrote:

I think your last sentence is part of the reason. Most people can agree upon what is sad: someone dies or gets sick, dreams are unfulfilled, loss…stuff like that. It’s harder to get people to laugh or smile, because I think humor is a little more cultural and based upon experience and values. The values that sad literature gets at are universally understood.

I also think that it’s easier to make a lasting impression on a reader by defaulting to sad. The fanfiction I normally read and like most are sad, because I’ve already made a connection to the characters, and I’m more likely to be engaged in the story that way. I don’t really expect people to make fanfics that are cute or really funny (because of the reason given in your last sentence,) but I know people can make things sad.

I’ll use myself as an example. I don’t favorite or save many macros or images that are sad, but the fics and some of the comics are usually sad. Not that I want bad things to happen to the mane 6, but I want to read something that makes me feel for the characters.

Then again, it may just be a need to balance out what the show is. They could be latent expectations of life fulfilled through fanfiction.
/sigmundfreud

As for why so many Bronies want to put the FiM characters specifically in dire situations…outside of anything Freudian, I’ve got no clue.


Man, I type a lot.


jk

Oct 07, 2011 at 11:05PM EDT
Quote

Sigmund Freud has been ponified.
 

I am inspired to renew my ponified meme search.

Oct 07, 2011 at 11:09PM EDT

Dr. Gregory Horse The Pony Medic wrote:

Close enough?

That’s probably the one I was thinking about.

Oct 07, 2011 at 11:25PM EDT
Quote

Dr. Gregory Horse The Pony Medic wrote:

Ahem…

Sometimes a cupcake is just a cupcake.
And sometimes it’s Rainbow Dash!
- Pony George Carlin

Oct 07, 2011 at 11:29PM EDT
Quote

Dr. Gregory Horse The Pony Medic wrote:


(Hell, I think I’m a pic hunter)

I wonder what George Carlin would have to say about ponies if he were still alive today.

Oct 07, 2011 at 11:38PM EDT
Quote

All the interesting shit happens while im away… :(

Go ahead, call me a horse-wanker, I don’t give a flying buck!

Oct 07, 2011 at 11:43PM EDT
Quote

Dr. Gregory Horse The Pony Medic wrote:

Close enough?

That is hilarious. Also, sorry for not being as active tonight as I usually am, I was playing WWE Shut Your Mouth, you know, when the Smackdown games were actually good.

Oct 07, 2011 at 11:46PM EDT
Quote
This post has been hidden due to low karma.
Click here to show this post.

This shit is stupid. I bet half of you fags dont even watch the show. Just like trolling by posting unlimted unfunny uncreative pony reaction faces on every thread of go on. Never have I wished cancer on someone or somthing but this is an exception.

Oct 07, 2011 at 11:47PM EDT

rapturjesus wrote:

This shit is stupid. I bet half of you fags dont even watch the show. Just like trolling by posting unlimted unfunny uncreative pony reaction faces on every thread of go on. Never have I wished cancer on someone or somthing but this is an exception.

grabs and unfolds lawn-chair

grabs numerical counter with a button on top

grabs bowl of popcorn

sits down and watches

Oct 07, 2011 at 11:50PM EDT
Quote

rapturjesus wrote:

This shit is stupid. I bet half of you fags dont even watch the show. Just like trolling by posting unlimted unfunny uncreative pony reaction faces on every thread of go on. Never have I wished cancer on someone or somthing but this is an exception.

Hi Raptor!
How are you doing this fine evening? Good? Good. I’m well, just posting ponies and not interfering with any non-pony related parts of the site.

Anyway, see you around the internet!

P.S. Would you like some cupcakes?

P.S. To all bronies Don’t down vote his comment, he deserves his opinion too. Just ignore it or be indifferent toward it if you disagree with it.

Last edited Oct 07, 2011 at 11:52PM EDT
Oct 07, 2011 at 11:51PM EDT
Quote

rapturjesus wrote:

This shit is stupid. I bet half of you fags dont even watch the show. Just like trolling by posting unlimted unfunny uncreative pony reaction faces on every thread of go on. Never have I wished cancer on someone or somthing but this is an exception.

You know what to do guys.

Oct 07, 2011 at 11:51PM EDT
Quote

rapturjesus wrote:

This shit is stupid. I bet half of you fags dont even watch the show. Just like trolling by posting unlimted unfunny uncreative pony reaction faces on every thread of go on. Never have I wished cancer on someone or somthing but this is an exception.


LOL. UMAD, BRO?

Last edited Oct 07, 2011 at 11:54PM EDT
Oct 07, 2011 at 11:54PM EDT
Quote

rapturjesus wrote:

This shit is stupid. I bet half of you fags dont even watch the show. Just like trolling by posting unlimted unfunny uncreative pony reaction faces on every thread of go on. Never have I wished cancer on someone or somthing but this is an exception.

Your opinion is your opinion. It’s a free Web.

I just really want you to put an “e” between “raptur” and “jesus.”

Oct 07, 2011 at 11:55PM EDT

Dr. Gregory Horse The Pony Medic wrote:

I know, I just think it’s funny that we’re minding our own business in our thread, and from what I’ve seen, we’ve been pretty good about keeping the pictures in here and not in the other threads like he’s mentioning.

Ah well.

Oct 08, 2011 at 12:00AM EDT
Quote

Ashki wrote:

You know what to do guys.

Um…. Can you repeat what we were supposed to do again? I, uhhhhhh, kinda forgot an’…. stuff.

Last edited Oct 08, 2011 at 12:06AM EDT
Oct 08, 2011 at 12:04AM EDT
Quote

Ashki wrote:

I know, I just think it’s funny that we’re minding our own business in our thread, and from what I’ve seen, we’ve been pretty good about keeping the pictures in here and not in the other threads like he’s mentioning.

Ah well.

Frankly, I think he tries too hard.

There’s a difference between being a good troll and an obvious troll, and raptur is clearly far in the latter camp.

But the less said about that the better.

Oct 08, 2011 at 12:04AM EDT
Quote

badsitrep wrote:

Um…. Can you repeat what we were supposed to do again? I, uhhhhhh, kinda forgot an’…. stuff.

I was going to say downrate until the comment gets buried, but yeah, Connor has the right idea and just ignoring him will suffice.

Frankly, I think he tries too hard.

There’s a difference between being a good troll and an obvious troll, and raptur is clearly far in the latter camp.

But the less said about that the better.

Yeah, that’s pretty true in itself.

Oct 08, 2011 at 12:07AM EDT
Quote
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

This thread was locked by an administrator.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hauu! You must login or signup first!