KYM Pony General 2.0

Last posted Nov 01, 2011 at 07:44PM EDT. Added Oct 06, 2011 at 09:41PM EDT
9966 posts from 88 users

Wightprincess wrote:

Mailing one of these three would probably be your best bet:

Sethisto@gmail.com

CerealVelocity@equestriadaily.com

Phoe@equestriadaily.com

Thank you, I sent one to Sethisto@gmail.com because he is the email listed on the youtube videos.

This page is GOTTEN!

Last edited Oct 24, 2011 at 10:15PM EDT

Verbose wrote:

Email to Submit@equestriadaily.com. I've sent a thanks to them before, and they respond quickest from that address since Phoe, Cereal Velocity, and Phoe all check that address.

Alternatively, there is a scroll down menu off the right where you can look up stuff by tag (That's how I found that poll.) But it can't hurt to ask. I don't think everything is archived or tagged properly, so some polls are probably missing, and some information isn't made available on the blog. Good luck.

Thanks, I'll try that if the one i tried doesnt respond quickly.

Sorry I forgot something to copy from the site and another thing theres some guy giving us -1 karma but I gave you guys +1 karma except me because I can't +1 karma myself of course xD

Erin ◕ω◕ wrote:

34%, close enough ((out of 372% wat…))

I would also like to point out that 79 people claimed to work on the show. If even a tenth of those people were telling the truth, it would still be a big deal.

Derpy Vaz wrote:

We actually had some interesting conversations today between pics and videos.

Yeah, though generally when images and videos get posted and only those, I tend to stay out of the thread cause most of the time, no one notices the discussion for obvious reasons.

Platus wrote:

After this video, kind of odd:

That was hilarious. That's really all I can say about it.

Just curious, would you consider odd as good or bad?

Last edited Oct 25, 2011 at 12:13AM EDT

HolyCrapItsBob wrote:

That was hilarious. That's really all I can say about it.

Just curious, would you consider odd as good or bad?

Odd is usually good. If something has happened that I do not like, I usually find other words to describe it with.

considering that I'm 40 I would say take your own advice. I have seen the pokemon meme from the beginning of it and even though it's still around, It's not as popular as it used to be. But it's still good. I also remember people saying pokemon is gay and all the Rule34 pics of pokemon so you really don't have a leg to stand on.

Blue Yoshi wrote:

Totodiles are better. Cyndaquils are my favorite.

I agree. Although Squirtle is second on my list of favorite starters (cyndaquil is my favorite).

And since this is supposed to be a pony thread. Have some relevance!!

Last edited Oct 25, 2011 at 01:28AM EDT

HolyCrapItsBob wrote:

I agree. Although Squirtle is second on my list of favorite starters (cyndaquil is my favorite).

And since this is supposed to be a pony thread. Have some relevance!!

"Hello, are you a colt or a filly?"

Professor Oak, you senile old fool!

I'm Rainbow Dash! I transcend such trivial things!

@Master Owens
Karma for making me laugh. Feraligatr is Best Starter.

@Iambob
Karma for proper and relevant tie-in. Girafarig is Best Pony.

This would make studying much more tolerable…I would actually buy this or strongly consider it.

Hasbro.

I know you have an intern watching this thread…

Make it so

And pay the intern more for having to read my posts…

Verbose wrote:

@Master Owens
Karma for making me laugh. Feraligatr is Best Starter.

@Iambob
Karma for proper and relevant tie-in. Girafarig is Best Pony.

This would make studying much more tolerable…I would actually buy this or strongly consider it.

Hasbro.

I know you have an intern watching this thread…

Make it so

And pay the intern more for having to read my posts…

I may have wet myself in delight.

Don't worry, its just urine.

I hope.

Wightprincess wrote:

Oh, I liek mudkipz.

But only because I am forced to.

They rule through fear.

I liek Mudkipz, but Totodile will always be my favorite, followed closely by Charmander, though actually, I'd have to say for me, Totodile and Charmander are tied for first best starters.

Never did finish Soul Silver due to the dragon gym leader being the uber pain in the ass to beat though.

And now that my video is finished uploading, I best to be off for the night. See you all later!

Last edited Oct 25, 2011 at 02:23AM EDT

hey requesting premission to start a 'bronyism discussion' thread in general and lay off some steam i have against the haters…

my main arguement is: the bronies were bashed, insulted and shunned simply because they like a show made for girls. so they are obviouly feel really discriminated and persecuted.
and then people wonder why the overreact. they just want to be accepted. but like on /b/ they are banned simply because they like something off-beat.

Erin ◕ω◕ wrote:

34%, close enough ((out of 372% wat…))

Don't add them up to 372% The poll was a checklist so a single person can select more than one option.

also,

I'm guessing its because I live in New Zealand, my time zone is all out of wack :(

Jolly Jew wrote:

hey requesting premission to start a 'bronyism discussion' thread in general and lay off some steam i have against the haters…

my main arguement is: the bronies were bashed, insulted and shunned simply because they like a show made for girls. so they are obviouly feel really discriminated and persecuted.
and then people wonder why the overreact. they just want to be accepted. but like on /b/ they are banned simply because they like something off-beat.

Please don't. The result will become the obvious.

It'll only turn into a flamewar and be locked. If it isn't locked from the beginning.

Based on your arguments, I can already see the counter arguments, and the counter arguments to that. It'll just turn into a standard discussion we already had a billion times. If you want to discuss it with me here, you're free to. But please don't make a thread.

Last edited Oct 25, 2011 at 09:37AM EDT

Ashki wrote:

I liek Mudkipz, but Totodile will always be my favorite, followed closely by Charmander, though actually, I'd have to say for me, Totodile and Charmander are tied for first best starters.

Never did finish Soul Silver due to the dragon gym leader being the uber pain in the ass to beat though.

And now that my video is finished uploading, I best to be off for the night. See you all later!

I was disappointed by the lack of Charmander in this discussion, since he's obviously the best starter, hands down. Thank you for mentioning him.

Last edited Oct 25, 2011 at 09:36AM EDT

RandomMan wrote:

I was disappointed by the lack of Charmander in this discussion, since he's obviously the best starter, hands down. Thank you for mentioning him.

RandomMan wrote:

Please don't. The result will become the obvious.

It'll only turn into a flamewar and be locked. If it isn't locked from the beginning.

Based on your arguments, I can already see the counter arguments, and the counter arguments to that. It'll just turn into a standard discussion we already had a billion times. If you want to discuss it with me here, you're free to. But please don't make a thread.

alright then, tell me what are the counter arguements.

so far i see the haters always start these flame wars and this creates a negative loop of bronies vs. haters.

they are overzelous beause they are descriminated just like any other descriminated scoceity on the planet.

talk shit about minorities like afro americans and they get easily insulted as well

the evidence is obvious. before bronies had their own place on meme base some pony memes were posted on the general place. no matter how smart, witty and creative the post was, it;s score was never above 3 and the comments were filled with OMFG PONYFAGS CANCER!!!

and after all of that people still wonder why bronies react vilolantly when being mocked.

it's really pissing me off how on one side the bronies are being bashed, smashed and shunned out of the general internet public and then people say that they are easily insulted and overzelous.

i know it's a really extreme exggaration but it's like how people put all the blacks in the getthos and slum districts and then people wondered why the blacks full of crime….

Last edited Oct 25, 2011 at 10:13AM EDT

RandomMan wrote:

And you are quite welcome. If I ever do get past Clair and get the Kanto starters, guess who I'm picking.

Though much like Fluttershy in this picture.

Y couldn't I choose them all?! Thankfully the GTS fixed that problem.

Jolly Jew wrote:

so far i see the haters always start these flame wars and this creates a negative loop of bronies vs. haters.

they are overzelous beause they are descriminated just like any other descriminated scoceity on the planet.

talk shit about minorities like afro americans and they get easily insulted as well

the evidence is obvious. before bronies had their own place on meme base some pony memes were posted on the general place. no matter how smart, witty and creative the post was, it;s score was never above 3 and the comments were filled with OMFG PONYFAGS CANCER!!!

and after all of that people still wonder why bronies react vilolantly when being mocked.

it's really pissing me off how on one side the bronies are being bashed, smashed and shunned out of the general internet public and then people say that they are easily insulted and overzelous.

i know it's a really extreme exggaration but it's like how people put all the blacks in the getthos and slum districts and then people wondered why the blacks full of crime….

Both sides are at fault. The loudest haters commonly go with "cancer" and "fags". But people attacking MLP are directly attacked themselves by the loudest bronies. It's a common cirle.

If you bring out the argument that MLP is always attacked and being called cancer. People will say it's everywhere. They don't like to go to places just to see it filled with something they dislike (MLP in this case). You can't blame them, bronies do sometimes start forcing.

Both sides overexagerate at the other side. It's how the internet works. But the loudest talkers are usually the same type of people. If 10 people see a pony and 1 person goes "CANCER!" it immediatly seems like an attack. But it's the minority that does it. Most people prever to stay neutral, but we never see those, because they stay neutral.

The argument of "bronies immediatly thumb down negative comments" is also a common one. But that's not 100% true. Attacking comments get thumbed down, but that makes sense. Calm negative comments, not directly attacking, stay alive. Attacking haters happens on every page, everywhere. Try saying something negative about Pokemon on a Pokemon page. But because the bronies visit more often and are larger in number, it just seems to go faster.

So haters and bronies are actually just the same. The fandoms are just different.

I prever to stay neutral and ignore the attacks from both sides. I like MLP, just let me have fun with it. I won't annoy others who dislikes MLP with ponies.

Last edited Oct 25, 2011 at 11:06AM EDT

Just found out someone downvoted every single one of the posts in the Homestuck forum, and I had a bunch in there, so I just got a crap-ton of negative karma.

null wrote:

Just found out someone downvoted every single one of the posts in the Homestuck forum, and I had a bunch in there, so I just got a crap-ton of negative karma.

I went in and fixed that problem.

Jolly Jew wrote:

Ooh, let me join in! Sorry if I'm stepping where you have already tread, RandomMan.

• I usually just see Pony flame wars on KYM, since any other site I go to for pony is purely a pony site. Very few non-Bronies go to Ponychan or Ponibooru or the like. The wars usually start because someone posted a pony (usually apathetic to the hatred or is trying to start something on a thread.) Someone who hates the show will trash it. Bronies begin their defense. This is one way to play the Song of Shitstorms. I find it best to not bring up Pony at all unless you are in a purely Pony place.
  • Overzeal should be focused on Pony places. If you go to a place that isn't obviously pro-Pony, one should expect to be trashed. It's not right or fair, but it's silly to put oneself in that situation in the first place. Also, we are not discriminated against like other minorities. Homosexuals, racial/ethnic minorities, the disabled, and other groups have been beaten, denied jobs, raped, and killed (just to name a few things) that Bronies don't and will likely never have to deal with, because we are primarily an Internet community. That argument should not be presented until Bronies are actually being viciously persecuted in real life.
  • This is the status quo: For whatever reason, a lot of people can't stand the mention of pony without using "fag" or "cancer" with it. It may just be that it's everywhere or people have concerns with ideals of masculinity, but this is the way things are. The unmovable wall doesn't hurt unless you decide to run into it repeatedly. As such, most haters don't even care that you're a Brony unless you bring up Pony. Again, it's not right, but it's not so bad.
  • Well, many Bronies are overzealous and easily insulted. People talk badly about us and say we can't post stuff in certain places. That's not a problem, but some Bronies treat it as such. When Anonymous comes to kill stuff like Ponychan, Ponibooru, Equestria Daily, the MLP article and thread here, that's when you have a problem. Right now, people say they hate something that we like. Respect that wish, don't post Pony there, or post elsewhere.

Also, that comparison to impoverished Blacks isn't an exaggeration. As a black guy and from studying Sociology, I can tell you that it is a much more complicated issue than Brony-hate. Black people commit crime for a lot of reasons, and it isn't always because they have no other choice. I warn you that resorting to other disadvantaged people as a comparison will make people ignore any logic you put forth after that.
Last edited Oct 25, 2011 at 02:49PM EDT

@badsitrep
Oh, Conan. You know that nothing's going to happen on this thread. It's a discussion that we've had plenty of times before, and Jolly Jew just wanted it in more detail.

Now get your tall, red-headed self out of the "bay."

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

This thread was locked by an administrator.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

O HAI! You must login or signup first!