Last posted Nov 01, 2011 at 07:44PM EDT. Added Oct 06, 2011 at 09:41PM EDT
9,966 conversations with 88 participants

Dr. Gregory Horse The Pony Medic wrote:

Story of the Blanks

And new page GET!

Ah, right, that one. Thanks.

Oct 15, 2011 at 03:05PM EDT

Edan, Herper of Many Derps wrote:

Is it just me, or did that whole episode seem a bit strange? The facial expressions, the way every character was behaving, the multitude of notable animation errors on Twilight Sparkle, and the way the whole thing just played out in general… The whole episode just seemed a bit… off. Which really just served to make it even more disturbing.

I didn’t see any animation errors? And every character seemed fine. Just twilight sparkle was going around deranged.

Oct 15, 2011 at 03:11PM EDT

Verbose wrote:

You know I don’t like R34, badsitrep.
/ignorance

Also paying attention to the abrupt movements of the sun to imitate a ticking clock and to emphasize passing time.

Doesn’t Celestia move the sun?

Celestia is messing with Twilight. You’re a terrible teacher, Princess.

The sun thing is just the writers using the “Symbolic clock” trope. Sometimes, in order to emphasize a running out of time, writers will use some device, object or event and have it move and/or make noise in a mechanical,steady and rhythmic fashion. “24” uses the infamous clock. Franz Kafka’s “Metamorphosis” used the rain and FiM used a trolling sun.

Oct 15, 2011 at 03:21PM EDT

Don’t you think that Molestia wasn’t the only thing the producers where aware of?

First, they should have used it for the Halloween episode, ORANGE EVERWHERE!!!

I can see how it is somewhat Story of the Blanks-ish, but i just see it as generically scary.

But that Twi’s facial expression is nearly the same as Molestia’s, I’d say they are watching; and they liek what they see…

Oct 15, 2011 at 03:34PM EDT

Is anyone else now deathly afraid of what stops they’ll pull out for the episode that’s supposed to fill us with insane amounts of horrendous terror?

Oct 15, 2011 at 03:36PM EDT

aerolyt wrote:

Is anyone else now deathly afraid of what stops they’ll pull out for the episode that’s supposed to fill us with insane amounts of horrendous terror?

And the next episode is Halloween based
I’m excited :D

Oct 15, 2011 at 03:38PM EDT

aerolyt wrote:

OH fuck… Please dont’ let Luna be scary Please dont’ let Luna be scary Please dont’ let Luna be scary Please dont’ let Luna be scary Please dont’ let Luna be scary Please dont’ let Luna be scary Please dont’ let Luna be scary Please dont’ let Luna be scary Please dont’ let Luna be scary Please dont’ let Luna be scary Please dont’ let Luna be scary Please dont’ let Luna be scary Please dont’ let Luna be scary Please dont’ let Luna be scary Please dont’ let Luna be scary Please dont’ let Luna be scary Please dont’ let Luna be scary Please dont’ let Luna be scary Please dont’ let Luna be scary Please dont’ let Luna be scary Please dont’ let Luna be scary Please dont’ let Luna be scary Please dont’ let Luna be scary

Oct 15, 2011 at 03:40PM EDT

aerolyt wrote:

I’mm hopping for Slendermane references and other references to ALL grimdarks. >:)

Oct 15, 2011 at 03:43PM EDT

Ric Tesla wrote:

I’mm hopping for Slendermane references and other references to ALL grimdarks. >:)

WOO HOO SLENDERMANE!!

Oct 15, 2011 at 03:44PM EDT

aerolyt wrote:

Who said this episode wasn’t supposed to be scary?

This one has got to be the most disturbing episode I’ve seen from the series so far. Not that that’s necessarily a bad thing.

Oct 15, 2011 at 03:44PM EDT

I have to agree with Herp on one point. When Twilight was gettign out of the trench, she was… static…

Oct 15, 2011 at 03:45PM EDT

I can’t help but wonder how different the show would be if it weren’t for us and all of our brony brethren… It would probably still be awesome, but I think we made it 20% cooler by existing.

Oct 15, 2011 at 03:49PM EDT

Ric Tesla wrote:

They should open on Big Mac down in the cider cellar. Then the CMC pop out in costume and scare him, then he chases them away. And Pinkie makes cupcakes that are Rainbow colored for a Halloween Party. They also need to have Three Leaf and other Sunny Town residents in the background. What other grimdarks are there?

Oct 15, 2011 at 03:56PM EDT

This episode was creepy as hell. I couldn’t clop to it even if I wanted to. I’m going to have nightmares of Twilight tonight. And I thought she was cute! (jk she still is, just not in pedo mode.)

Oct 15, 2011 at 04:02PM EDT

…We already got our first Twilight Psycho entry…

…Goddamn those Brand New Members…

Was that a new record or something? 6 hours, and the first new entry popped up… *sigh

Oct 15, 2011 at 04:09PM EDT

Muumi wrote:

Was that a new record or something? 6 hours, and the first new entry popped up… *sigh

Dammit.

Oct 15, 2011 at 04:10PM EDT

Muumi wrote:

Oct 15, 2011 at 04:23PM EDT

Muumi wrote:

I was wondering how long it’d take before a sub meme was added.

Oct 15, 2011 at 04:24PM EDT

the show will be under complete control of bronies. I hope we don’t mess it up.

Oct 15, 2011 at 04:26PM EDT

Oct 15, 2011 at 04:27PM EDT

Alcarran wrote:

Twilight hasn’t seen Rarity facehoof any, so she was just trying to help.

Oct 15, 2011 at 04:27PM EDT

Also, Unhelpful High School teacher meets Celestia:

Oct 15, 2011 at 04:28PM EDT

Muumi wrote:

I’m thinkin we need to make a rule that you can’t add an entry until you are at least a Gold Member.

Oct 15, 2011 at 04:29PM EDT

I bet Rarity knows a spell to produce futons and pillows from thin air…

Oct 15, 2011 at 04:33PM EDT

Caramel wrote:

I bet Rarity knows a spell to produce futons and pillows from thin air…

Well of course she does, she is Fabulosity after all.

Oct 15, 2011 at 04:36PM EDT

Caramel wrote:

CREEPY TIME!!!

I thought we just got out of creepy time…

Oct 15, 2011 at 04:42PM EDT

Muumi wrote:

Sigh, I’ll go speak to the guy who made it.

Oct 15, 2011 at 04:48PM EDT

burning_phoneix wrote:

I didn’t see any animation errors? And every character seemed fine. Just twilight sparkle was going around deranged.

Twilight’s tail would, on at least two occasions, go back to normal for one shot, the returning to being messed up in the next. Also, in the shot showing her from above while she was screaming, you can see a cutie mark on both of her flanks.

Oct 15, 2011 at 04:48PM EDT

Can anyone else smell creepy ask blogs coming next?

My reaction to this is:

Last edited Oct 15, 2011 at 04:52PM EDT
Oct 15, 2011 at 04:51PM EDT

Twilight’s tail would, on at least two occasions, go back to normal for one shot, the returning to being messed up in the next. Also, in the shot showing her from above while she was screaming, you can see a cutie mark on both of her flanks.

Regarding the latter…
ponies are supposed to have cutie marks on both flanks.

Oct 15, 2011 at 04:52PM EDT

“both of her flanks.”

See more on Know Your Meme

Oct 15, 2011 at 04:55PM EDT

Can anyone else smell creepy ask blogs coming next?

Yep, I expect many a creepy Twilight tumblr soon.

Oct 15, 2011 at 04:58PM EDT

Alcarran wrote:

“both of her flanks.”

See more on Know Your Meme

It seems that the IMPOSSIBRU! Twilight I drew is getting some use.

I wonder what meme/reaction face I should do next…

…But someone else has got to color them though, as you can see, I ain’t much of a photoshopper.

Oct 15, 2011 at 05:10PM EDT

Muumi wrote:

…But someone else has got to color them though, as you can see, I ain’t much of a photoshopper.

Do whatever feels right, you do great work :)

Oct 15, 2011 at 05:11PM EDT

Ric Tesla wrote:

Twilight: SUP YA’LL HOW’S THE THREAD GOING?!?!

well, since I can’t caption GIFS, someone should make the caption (just as Twilight pops out) WHAT’S GOING ON IN THIS THREAD!?

Last edited Oct 15, 2011 at 05:13PM EDT
Oct 15, 2011 at 05:13PM EDT

Record19 wrote:

well, since I can’t caption GIFS, someone should make the caption (just as Twilight pops out) WHAT’S GOING ON IN THIS THREAD!?

^ This

Oct 15, 2011 at 05:13PM EDT

Muumi wrote:

If you want any ideas, try making a Technoviking pony. Verbose was desperately looking for one another day.

Oct 15, 2011 at 05:14PM EDT

CitationNeeded wrote:

Regarding the latter…
ponies are supposed to have cutie marks on both flanks.

Really? Because I constantly see ponies with their cutie mark on only one flank, mane characters included.

Oct 15, 2011 at 05:22PM EDT

Really? Because I constantly see ponies with their cutie mark on only one flank, mane characters included.

Watch Suited for Success, there’s a top down shot on Rarity and she has them on both sides.

Oct 15, 2011 at 05:23PM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

This thread was locked by an administrator.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

'lo! You must login or signup first!