Forums / General

191,404 total conversations in 5,250 threads

+ New Thread

Featured Featured
KYM Homestuck General

Last posted Apr 18, 2014 at 12:03AM EDT. Added Oct 20, 2011 at 11:15AM EDT
1,756 conversations with 91 participants

Cale wrote:

Wait. When did Kanaya actually die? I thought Eridan’s lazor was as close as she got.

She didn’t die. That Kanaya must’ve been from an offshoot timeline.

Jul 30, 2012 at 03:57PM EDT

A nice man wrote:

Stupid fucking hometuck faggots coming on to everysite its retarded homestuck is a shit comic.

Jul 30, 2012 at 08:15PM EDT

Cale wrote:

Wait. When did Kanaya actually die? I thought Eridan’s lazor was as close as she got.

That’s Kanaya’s dream self. She got killed with everyone else in Prospit.

http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=005285

Jul 31, 2012 at 10:29PM EDT

Nonofur Bzns wrote:

That’s Kanaya’s dream self. She got killed with everyone else in Prospit.

http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=005285

Well shit I had it in my head that the Dream Selves were just an alternate vessel for the Player in question’s soul or whatever, didn’t know that they were actually a separate being entirely.

Aug 03, 2012 at 12:30PM EDT

This video is about 1/4 homestuck, i guess:

40 characters, 20 stages and 10 bosses. Out of all of that, 4 characters, 2 stages and 1 boss will be from Homestuck. Try to figure out who they are…

Aug 04, 2012 at 08:32AM EDT

20% Cooler than Ice Rinsankajugin wrote:

This video is about 1/4 homestuck, i guess:

40 characters, 20 stages and 10 bosses. Out of all of that, 4 characters, 2 stages and 1 boss will be from Homestuck. Try to figure out who they are…

Hey, are you who’s designing the game? cause I’d like to get involved and stuff. Just for the hell of it, in case you’re interested.

Aug 04, 2012 at 05:30PM EDT

Nonofur Bzns wrote:

Hey, are you who’s designing the game? cause I’d like to get involved and stuff. Just for the hell of it, in case you’re interested.

I’m pretty set at the moment. If do need help with something, I’d like to know what you could do. One thing I know I can’t do is make a soundtrack for this game. I’m horrible with music-related stuff.

Aug 04, 2012 at 06:38PM EDT

@Rinsan

There are a couple guys on this forum that compose music. I can’t recall exact names but you might find them in the music threads or in Pony General. I know that Starfish and Fifths has created music before

Try asking around, maybe you might get one of them interested in helping you with music…maybe

Last edited Aug 05, 2012 at 03:53AM EDT
Aug 05, 2012 at 03:53AM EDT

I just read the third act of Homestuck, with the Midnight Crew. It was amazing. It reminded me a lot of Problem Sleuth. I just wanted to drop in and say that Spades Slick is best character.

Aug 05, 2012 at 03:56AM EDT

Zarathh wrote:

I just read the third act of Homestuck, with the Midnight Crew. It was amazing. It reminded me a lot of Problem Sleuth. I just wanted to drop in and say that Spades Slick is best character.

Ha ha! I knew you would love it! Everyone always loves it….

Aug 06, 2012 at 12:04AM EDT

@Zarathh
>posting Midnight Crew music
>not I’m a Member of the Midnight Crew
Get your shit together. Also, welcome to the fandom.

Aug 06, 2012 at 12:58AM EDT

Since we’re on the subject of carapaces, does anyone ship SlickPaint?

Aug 06, 2012 at 01:36AM EDT

Any ideas/theories on whom you think will defeat Lord English?

I’ve heard people think Dave can.
Like what if he can use his time shenanigans and go back to make sure Sollux never got the code.

Also, yes they died. Dead characters died. Again.
HUUUUUUUUSSSSSSSSSIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEE

But you remember how Jane got the potions from Gamzee? She can use them to revive the trolls. And you know how Jane is Life, Roxy is Void, Dirk is Heart, and Jake is Hope? There quests bed are still there! YOU CAN REVIVE FEFERI, NEPETA, EQUIUS AND ERIDAN!

Perhaps. I don’t know yet.
:) wink wonk

Aug 06, 2012 at 09:56PM EDT

Zarathh wrote:

Fuck man, I’ve recently started Act 4. Looks like we’re equally far along. I wonder if the trolls’ll turn up soon? I know of them, but I haven’t seen them in the story yet.

Aug 06, 2012 at 10:02PM EDT

professorcheese wrote:

Any ideas/theories on whom you think will defeat Lord English?

I’ve heard people think Dave can.
Like what if he can use his time shenanigans and go back to make sure Sollux never got the code.

Also, yes they died. Dead characters died. Again.
HUUUUUUUUSSSSSSSSSIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEE

But you remember how Jane got the potions from Gamzee? She can use them to revive the trolls. And you know how Jane is Life, Roxy is Void, Dirk is Heart, and Jake is Hope? There quests bed are still there! YOU CAN REVIVE FEFERI, NEPETA, EQUIUS AND ERIDAN!

Perhaps. I don’t know yet.
:) wink wonk

Dave couldn’t stop Lord English from arriving, because he is already here.
How would the potions help in reviving the trolls?
I think Gamzee has most of the bodies, so the revival of those four isn’t likely.

No one would want to revive Eridan anyways.
Aug 06, 2012 at 11:00PM EDT

Revival of some of the dead trolls is possible. If gamzee turns up in everyone’s world and if they manage to steal any of the bodies/heads from him it is possible we could see them alive again in sprite form. Although its not likely. Knowing hussie he’s probably saying:What revive characters? Son what the hell have you been smoking? I don’t bring back people from the dead NOW WATCH ME KILL OFF EVERYONE ELSE MUWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Aug 07, 2012 at 07:11PM EDT

Haha. I know. It’s just all over my Tumblr. People’s conspiracies and what not. I don’t know what’s in store. Hussie will surely shock us all. Revival or not. I don’t know what will happen next. Let’s just wait and see.

And….
I want Eridan revived……… ;-;

Aug 09, 2012 at 08:52PM EDT

If revival at this point were a possibility, then that would make death a very cheap concept, more than it already is, since apparently our beloved dead characters’ consciences remained alive inside the dream bubbles (until Lord English showed up).

Personally, as much as I love some dead characters like Nepeta, Tavros and Vriska, hell, even Fef and Eri, their coming back to life would turn their deaths in the first place into not-so-serious-and-shocking events, devaluating the story. (is that even a word, devaluating?)

So, yeah, wweh wweh indeed.

Aug 10, 2012 at 12:56PM EDT

So, I recently revealed a few stages from my game , Web at War, and one of them was Homestuck related. I wanted to see what you guys think:

What do ya think?

Accurate. I like the way it’s drawn.

Aug 11, 2012 at 12:21PM EDT

So, I recently revealed a few stages from my game , Web at War, and one of them was Homestuck related. I wanted to see what you guys think:

What do ya think?

Love it.

Aug 11, 2012 at 06:08PM EDT

What do ya think?

It looks nice. And it looks a lot like Karkats hive. It’s perfect.

Aug 11, 2012 at 09:28PM EDT

http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=131889
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=88138384

Homestuck playable characters, NPC’s, entities, weapons and props for Garry’s Mod.

Aug 11, 2012 at 11:15PM EDT

Ok, I’m sure it has been asked before, but I don’t really want to go through 16 pages…so…what’s Homestuck about?

Yeah yeah, I got the idea of “a group of kids and some magical trolls save the world”, but could you elaborate? I tried to read the comic/MS Paint adventure/whatever that was, and it looks, no offence to the fans, bloody retarded.

Is it worth to keep reading it?
Is the story any good?
What’s the charm in it (or why do you like it)?

Aug 16, 2012 at 04:26AM EDT

@Reptilian

It involves a group of kids and some aliens. The aliens are only known as trolls because they are introduced as Internet Trolls. Some characters have magic ability but magic is not a troll thing. They do not save the world….not by a long shot

Retarded could actually be used to describe MS Paint Adventure. It’s intentionally ludicrous.

But as we have said many times before to many others: There is no basic rundown, or simple summary of the plot of Homestuck that we can give you, unfortunately. It’s an incredibly complicated story and it’s one that can only be understood if you read it for yourself from the beginning

Is the story any good?

Read it and see for yourself

Even though “retarded”, “Ludicrous” and “complicated” sound like bad words, those are actually the reasons why I like it. I like how sophisticated the plot is to impressively deep levels. It leaves people thinking afterwards how everything comes together, forcing people to come up with insane theories about what is going on…and then Homestuck goes in the opposite direction of what people expect. Sometimes it’s like Hussie is making less of a story and more of a puzzle for people to solve, other times he’s just breaking all the rules. A story that’s hard for me to predict is a good one for me.

Furthermore I like the pure expression of imagination throughout the whole thing.

Last edited Aug 16, 2012 at 09:06AM EDT
Aug 16, 2012 at 09:01AM EDT

xXSupaL33tEddyXx wrote:

homostuck = fat

wwhat about it

Aug 16, 2012 at 09:16AM EDT

@BSOD
I think i can actually give him a short answer for this.

@Reptilian
Homestuck is a web comic written by Andrew Hussie where a group of 4 kids play a game that somehow destroys the world, and while playing the game they are constantly being pestered by an alien race called “The Trolls”.

That’s the shortest version i could give you. IF you want more then read the damn comic. The story isn’t “Insane” its just complicated because a lot of stuff is going on in the story.

Aug 16, 2012 at 03:51PM EDT

Reptiliansteve wrote:

Ok, I’m sure it has been asked before, but I don’t really want to go through 16 pages…so…what’s Homestuck about?

Yeah yeah, I got the idea of “a group of kids and some magical trolls save the world”, but could you elaborate? I tried to read the comic/MS Paint adventure/whatever that was, and it looks, no offence to the fans, bloody retarded.

Is the story any good?

Aug 17, 2012 at 04:53PM EDT

I love all the crazy stuff that goes on in Homestuck. And the animations are awesome.

John and Karkat’s relationship reminds me of me and Vegeta.

This is terrifying:

Aug 21, 2012 at 12:24AM EDT

UPDATE
Bump with Grandma Harley.

Aug 30, 2012 at 09:33PM EDT

HOLY SWEET DELICIOUS PANCAKES WITH SYRUP! It finally updated!

So what can we gather from this?

• First of all we can see that people in the farthest ring all walk on their tiptoes. Seriously the legs on those sprites weirded me out.

• Heroes of time can manipulate dream bubbles to their end. That’s how we get to read up on peices of Daves actual dialog throughout the whole comic

• Hussie appears 3 times

• Aradia is the caretaker of dream bubbles apparently? Perhaps that’s fitting for a timelord

• I’m guessing that those chests represent memories, the place being some kind of dream bubble after all

• Rose foreshadowed to be getting into really freaky black magic shit

• The Meena you control isn’t the same one that became the batterwitch but she is aware of her alternate-dimension-earth-destroying future self

• Karkats anscestor is…wow…he just doesn’t shut up. No wonder he was punished so much and turned into the sufferer

• Latula lacks a sense of smell which contrasts her descendant having a lack of sight

• Apparently Alternia had issues with gender roles, more so that humanity ever did

• And a whole bunch of insightful dialog, the stuff at the end the most useful

What else could people spot?

Aug 30, 2012 at 11:37PM EDT

Well, there’s not much more to it than what our friend BSOD summed up there. At least not that I can recall immediately. It was a huge, huge update. Took me at least 2 and a half hours to read/play the whole thing, and the idea of doing it again is a bit intimidating.

Really enjoyed this.

Also, back when we were planning to do that troll RP thing, I named my character Cancri.
Remember this? It’s not like it ever stopped being a thing.

Aug 31, 2012 at 12:07AM EDT

I need to get up to the new update. Ever since school came back its been hellish on my behalf. ITs nice we get to see the trolls ancestors. Is Nepeta’s there?

Aug 31, 2012 at 01:27AM EDT

Blue Screen (of Death) wrote:

HOLY SWEET DELICIOUS PANCAKES WITH SYRUP! It finally updated!

So what can we gather from this?

• First of all we can see that people in the farthest ring all walk on their tiptoes. Seriously the legs on those sprites weirded me out.

• Heroes of time can manipulate dream bubbles to their end. That’s how we get to read up on peices of Daves actual dialog throughout the whole comic

• Hussie appears 3 times

• Aradia is the caretaker of dream bubbles apparently? Perhaps that’s fitting for a timelord

• I’m guessing that those chests represent memories, the place being some kind of dream bubble after all

• Rose foreshadowed to be getting into really freaky black magic shit

• The Meena you control isn’t the same one that became the batterwitch but she is aware of her alternate-dimension-earth-destroying future self

• Karkats anscestor is…wow…he just doesn’t shut up. No wonder he was punished so much and turned into the sufferer

• Latula lacks a sense of smell which contrasts her descendant having a lack of sight

• Apparently Alternia had issues with gender roles, more so that humanity ever did

• And a whole bunch of insightful dialog, the stuff at the end the most useful

What else could people spot?

I don’t think… Kartis (Or whatever)? Probably isn’t the most accurate reflection of The Sufferer, these being Pre-Scratch Ancestors.

Because I’m certain Redglare wasn’t that radical.

Aug 31, 2012 at 07:40AM EDT

Cale wrote:

I don’t think… Kartis (Or whatever)? Probably isn’t the most accurate reflection of The Sufferer, these being Pre-Scratch Ancestors.

Because I’m certain Redglare wasn’t that radical.

I suppose that makes her…

Radglare.

Aug 31, 2012 at 12:45PM EDT

>Implying that this is now a Porrim and/or Latula thread

EDIT: Sorry, mandatory Update image dump.

Is this a thing?

I hope fandom-sempai will notice me

JUSTICE MOTHAFUCKAS

Last edited Aug 31, 2012 at 01:38PM EDT
Aug 31, 2012 at 01:29PM EDT

I can’t even, what, …I would be so very happy if the Alpha!Grand Highblood was the nicest and calmest troll ever. EVER.

Aug 31, 2012 at 05:01PM EDT

88y8y8 wrote:

I can’t even, what, …I would be so very happy if the Alpha!Grand Highblood was the nicest and calmest troll ever. EVER.

>Implying he won’t be a Goddamn White-Knight Gentleman-Scholar.

Shit Porrim what are you doin.

Aug 31, 2012 at 08:13PM EDT

Cale wrote:

Dat nipslip.

Aug 31, 2012 at 08:33PM EDT

Cale wrote:

…. is that what I think it is?
HUSSIE

Aug 31, 2012 at 11:07PM EDT

This image depicts a large section of the update pretty well.

Aug 31, 2012 at 11:22PM EDT

I enjoyed everything about this update. Porrim, Latula, Meenah’s interactions with the others (especially Aranea). The music was good. Rosemary looks like it’s canon. We got an explanation on Jujus, sort of. All of the alpha trolls got along so well together. Meenah actually likes them too, and I expected her to be a huge bitch to all of them. Yes, I even liked Kankri. Especially Kankri.

Sep 01, 2012 at 07:18AM EDT

MDFification wrote:

…. is that what I think it is?
HUSSIE

And here I thought I had a good sense of Troll Biology.

Silly me.

(Assuming the Biology is the same Pre-Scratch.)

Sep 01, 2012 at 11:14AM EDT

Namaste! You must login or signup first!