Forums / General

195,813 total conversations in 5,394 threads

+ New Thread


Featured Featured
KYM Homestuck General

Last posted Jun 13, 2014 at 07:20AM EDT. Added Oct 20, 2011 at 11:15AM EDT
1,757 conversations with 91 participants

MDFification wrote:

>yfw they said they were all going to have children together, then wake up with messed up hair in pairs on quest beds when the juju wears off

Mfw>

Jan 28, 2013 at 11:41PM EST

AH DUN LAK HUSSIE NO MOR

DIS HOL TING’S CONFUS TU MEE

Jan 29, 2013 at 12:42AM EST
Quote

MDFification wrote:

>yfw they said they were all going to have children together, then wake up with messed up hair in pairs on quest beds when the juju wears off

Not to forget Jane is pretty stressed, so she’s obviously having her period.

Jan 29, 2013 at 10:16AM EST
Quote

Man, this is the most character development I’ve ever seen in one sitting.

Jan 30, 2013 at 02:11AM EST
Quote

UPDATE FINALLY

TBH in retrospect we should have seen it coming though.

Jack Noir is still the cancer Just like Caliborn, Jack had to remove a leg to escape. Unlike Caliborn, Jack did not have an actual prosthetic, so he used what he had – a golden Skaia spire as a pegleg. Lil Cal has influenced every villain so far. Bec Noir got him after killing Dad and Mom, and then went on his multiverse rampage. I still think that Cal was the one that influenced Gamzee to stop eating slime. Finally, Caliborn had him at one point – assuming Cal is Lord English. Jack is free of weapons restrictions, being a Carapace. Slick could equip Deudly Firearms, perhaps he can equip English’s Gun. My theory is that just as English emerged from Scratch in the Alpha Troll session, he is now emerging from Jack in the Beta Kid session. Caliborn is somehow outside of time, hence why he is on Earth even though Earth already has had a session, no matter which iteration you look at. Cal is his method of transferring his God Tier, Lord English to another being. Gamzee’s powers somehow involve being able to switch between universes, or something – he still confuses me. In any case, Cal uses Gamzee to transport Lil Cal to the next universe’s host.

At least, that’s what I think.

Madcat just pointed out to me on IRC that even though it doesn’t seem that Doc Scratch was involved with Lil’ Cal, he was actually created with his paradox slime. There’s the Beta Troll connection.

Feb 02, 2013 at 07:51PM EST
Quote

Twilitlord wrote:

UPDATE FINALLY

TBH in retrospect we should have seen it coming though.

Jack Noir is still the cancer Just like Caliborn, Jack had to remove a leg to escape. Unlike Caliborn, Jack did not have an actual prosthetic, so he used what he had – a golden Skaia spire as a pegleg. Lil Cal has influenced every villain so far. Bec Noir got him after killing Dad and Mom, and then went on his multiverse rampage. I still think that Cal was the one that influenced Gamzee to stop eating slime. Finally, Caliborn had him at one point – assuming Cal is Lord English. Jack is free of weapons restrictions, being a Carapace. Slick could equip Deudly Firearms, perhaps he can equip English’s Gun. My theory is that just as English emerged from Scratch in the Alpha Troll session, he is now emerging from Jack in the Beta Kid session. Caliborn is somehow outside of time, hence why he is on Earth even though Earth already has had a session, no matter which iteration you look at. Cal is his method of transferring his God Tier, Lord English to another being. Gamzee’s powers somehow involve being able to switch between universes, or something – he still confuses me. In any case, Cal uses Gamzee to transport Lil Cal to the next universe’s host.

At least, that’s what I think.

Madcat just pointed out to me on IRC that even though it doesn’t seem that Doc Scratch was involved with Lil’ Cal, he was actually created with his paradox slime. There’s the Beta Troll connection.

This is a nice theory. I’d like to point out that Jack has already equipped and used Deudly Firearms.

Feb 02, 2013 at 09:10PM EST
Quote

EDIT: Yeah, Twilitlord’s theory sounds really spot-on to me.

Last edited Feb 02, 2013 at 09:26PM EST
Feb 02, 2013 at 09:25PM EST
Quote

WELL HOLYYYYY SHIT!!!!!
Andrew Hussie when will your reign of terror cease? ;_;

Feb 02, 2013 at 11:08PM EST
Quote

Shit I forgot to add back in the bullets. Oh well. Besides, I expounded my theory earlier in response to one by Captorquest. Makes a lot more sense than my hurried one I made earlier. Read his read more, too; it raises a lot of good points.

EDIT: you know what, here’s that earlier theory too, with bullets this time. Should make it more legible.

TBH in retrospect we should have seen it coming though.

  • Jack Noir is still the cancer
  • Just like Caliborn, Jack had to remove a leg to escape. Unlike Caliborn, Jack did not have an actual prosthetic, so he used what he had – a golden Skaia spire as a pegleg.
  • Lil Cal has influenced every villain so far. Bec Noir got him after killing Dad and Mom, and then went on his multiverse rampage. I still think that Cal was the one that influenced Gamzee to stop eating slime. Finally, Caliborn had him at one point – assuming Cal is Lord English.
  • Jack is free of weapons restrictions, being a Carapace. Slick could equip Deudly Firearms, perhaps he can equip English’s Gun.
  • My theory is that just as English emerged from Scratch in the Alpha Troll session, he is now emerging from Jack in the Beta Kid session. Caliborn is somehow outside of time, hence why he is on Earth even though Earth already has had a session, no matter which iteration you look at. Cal is his method of transferring his God Tier, Lord English to another being. Gamzee’s powers somehow involve being able to switch between universes, or something – he still confuses me. In any case, Cal uses Gamzee to transport Lil Cal to the next universe’s host.

At least, that’s what I think.

Last edited Feb 03, 2013 at 12:30AM EST
Feb 03, 2013 at 12:26AM EST
Quote

First we see “I want to play a game” etched on the pumpkin, then Jack amputates his chained leg off with a hacksaw.

Clearly Hussie has been watching the SAW series lately.

We are also seeing more examples of Cals mysterious magical properties. It is now capable of transmitting mind control telekinesis between different iterations of itself in time. Or at least that’s how it appears. Any idea’s on how that worked?

Last edited Feb 03, 2013 at 03:08AM EST
Feb 03, 2013 at 03:05AM EST
Quote

UPDATE!

They died in their Quest Beds but they were also destroyed with them. Will they go God Tier?
Last edited Feb 06, 2013 at 08:40PM EST
Feb 06, 2013 at 08:39PM EST
Quote

Well.

We’ve been played for fools this whole time. Suddenly the Condesce has the Ψiioniic’s powers? Or is being controlled by the Ψiioniic or something? It looked like the same thing as when Vriska or Tavros use their control powers, except that Sollux doesn’t have that ability, so the Ψiioniic shouldn’t, either, by what we’ve seen…

Still, WHAT? Isn’t he permanently connected to the battleship or something?

Feb 06, 2013 at 09:04PM EST
Quote

Twilitlord wrote:

Well.

We’ve been played for fools this whole time. Suddenly the Condesce has the Ψiioniic’s powers? Or is being controlled by the Ψiioniic or something? It looked like the same thing as when Vriska or Tavros use their control powers, except that Sollux doesn’t have that ability, so the Ψiioniic shouldn’t, either, by what we’ve seen…

Still, WHAT? Isn’t he permanently connected to the battleship or something?

>actually he’s been dead for a while.
>we’ve already seen the Condescence use the psychic powers of others. It’s suggested that she developed hers over the eons of being alive with herself. And testing.

Feb 06, 2013 at 09:52PM EST
Quote

Greninja wrote:

UPDATE!

They died in their Quest Beds but they were also destroyed with them. Will they go God Tier?

I recall something about “guessing which Alpha won’t make it through the update”.

Roxy
Feb 07, 2013 at 07:55AM EST
Quote

Greninja wrote:

UPDATE!

They died in their Quest Beds but they were also destroyed with them. Will they go God Tier?

No Hussie wouldn’t go THAT low to kill the Alphas…
Right guys?
right?
ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ﹖

Feb 07, 2013 at 02:49PM EST
Quote

At this point, the alphas don’t really serve a point to the story as a whole. Dirk even recognizes this. I doubt Hussie’s going to kill them off, though.

Feb 07, 2013 at 02:51PM EST
Quote

I think I"m going to sleep well tonight knowing that after seeing all this character development go on between everyone. I can’t be the only person who thought it was really cute when Dirk wanted to praise Roxy for not angsting with other three right?

Feb 09, 2013 at 02:32AM EST

Tahrdan Ismeh Wu-Temporis wrote:

They have ascended. Despite this Jane and Jake are still somewhat scared of the new Jack

Give me one good reason why they shouldn’t be outright terrified.

Feb 09, 2013 at 11:18AM EST
Quote

Tahrdan Ismeh Wu-Temporis wrote:

Tiger. That’s why.

If previous examples of Tigers are anything to go by, then they’re all gonna die.

Feb 09, 2013 at 12:35PM EST
Quote

On tumblr someone pointed out that the colored lines going on in the background while they ascend resemble Lord English’s God-Tier-killing ability. So yeah, there is that.

Also if a guy covered in blood with flashing billiard balls for eyes and a crowbar was rushing me, I’d probably freak out too. Not to mention that they don’t necessarily know how powerful they are yet; John was mostly aided by the Breeze to start out for example. Jade was helped by her aspect, since Witches apparently know how to use it immediately or something, so she isn’t necessarily an ideal example either. Maybe they just aren’t aware, I don’t know.

Feb 09, 2013 at 01:35PM EST
Quote
Why hello there Jade! And… yeah…. Page god tier outfit sure is awkward, especially when meeting direct ectobiological relatives…)
Feb 10, 2013 at 03:25AM EST
Quote

Finally. The moment we’ve all been waiting for.

Feb 10, 2013 at 09:08AM EST
Quote

madcat wrote:

Finally. The moment we’ve all been waiting for.

I was screaming the whole time, it was so great.

Feb 10, 2013 at 10:30AM EST
Quote

I would like the record to show that she cheated.

Feb 10, 2013 at 12:09PM EST
Quote

Fridge Logic wrote:

I was screaming the whole time, it was so great.

YOU STUPID FUCKER.

I WENT CAMPING FOR A DAY AND CAME BACK TO THAT WTF.

Feb 17, 2013 at 04:14PM EST
Quote

@Ivan

That scene would have been followed with Lord English firing a massive beam from his mouth and vaporizing all the ponies in one fell sweep. Including the god tier alicorns and killing all the ghost ponies…twice

Then later he pursues Lauren Faust who shoves a mechanically augmented Discord over a balcony in a hospital bed. Lauren turns around to Face Lord English, pulls out a Calliope’s white revolver and uses it for a last stand. Hoping she can use the Magic of Friendship to her advantage

But who is she kidding; Magic is totally fake. Lord English guns her down with an AK103.

Dead.

Feb 18, 2013 at 09:53PM EST
Quote

Blue Screen (of Death) wrote:

@Ivan

That scene would have been followed with Lord English firing a massive beam from his mouth and vaporizing all the ponies in one fell sweep. Including the god tier alicorns and killing all the ghost ponies…twice

Then later he pursues Lauren Faust who shoves a mechanically augmented Discord over a balcony in a hospital bed. Lauren turns around to Face Lord English, pulls out a Calliope’s white revolver and uses it for a last stand. Hoping she can use the Magic of Friendship to her advantage

But who is she kidding; Magic is totally fake. Lord English guns her down with an AK103.

Dead.

ITT: Bronystuck

Feb 18, 2013 at 10:58PM EST
Quote

So ever since Rose and Kanaya started dating she had a drinking problem. And ever since Roxy got into her session she kicked her drinking addiction. Hmmm….

Feb 19, 2013 at 02:40PM EST


#canon

Feb 22, 2013 at 10:07PM EST

In unrelated news, I made this and thought I’d share it.

Feb 22, 2013 at 11:00PM EST
Quote

So, hey guys, I’m finally caught up again.

Wat.

Feb 25, 2013 at 10:35PM EST
Quote

Here, have the entire Homestuck discography via HTTPS download.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/85859295/Homestuck-Discography.html
Uploaded and scanned by me. About 2.6GB for all the albums
Album information [HS bandcamp]
Use Sound credits If you need to find a specific file for the flash animation that you like.


Bonus upload Caliborn – Enter from [s] Caliborn – Enter The bonus upload is not yet released on HS bandcamp. Its called “Eternity’s Shylock”.


Please notify me if any of the links stop working.

Last edited Feb 27, 2013 at 06:56PM EST
Feb 27, 2013 at 06:40PM EST
Quote

I’ve been making sprites of IRC KYM users, only three I have so far.

Feb 27, 2013 at 10:49PM EST
Quote

TrustFund wrote:

Here, have the entire Homestuck discography via HTTPS download.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/85859295/Homestuck-Discography.html
Uploaded and scanned by me. About 2.6GB for all the albums
Album information [HS bandcamp]
Use Sound credits If you need to find a specific file for the flash animation that you like.


Bonus upload Caliborn – Enter from [s] Caliborn – Enter The bonus upload is not yet released on HS bandcamp. Its called “Eternity’s Shylock”.


Please notify me if any of the links stop working.

Ivan, while I respect the effort you went through to get this, I feel like we should be buying all this music, or at least not linking it in a public forum. It’s like $10 for 60 songs, too.

Just my two cents.

Feb 27, 2013 at 10:57PM EST
Quote

Greetings! You must login or signup first!