Forums / Fun! / Memeory Lane

63,534 total conversations in 189 threads

Locked Locked
[Books & Comics] KYM Homestuck General

Last posted May 12, 2016 at 09:19PM EDT. Added Oct 20, 2011 at 11:15AM EDT
1775 posts from 97 users

I tried to get into Homestuck, but I couldn't. I didn't understand what was going on, especially the whole stuff about programs or whatnot that somehow restrict how you pick up things. Nothing really happened when I read it too. Does it take a while to take off? I got to the part where the guy gets his game and starts it up for the first time.

Pretty much every single persons question when reading Homestuck is "Does it take a while to get off?". Like. Everyone. I never understood why, but then I read Problem sleuth before it, and apparently people who did that like the beginning more? I dunno.

But yeah, it gets going eventually. And once it does, you tend to get sucked in….

Everyone gets confused too….but by the first pages? No, that's a new one. 0_0

Kalmo wrote:

Hmm… Well my favorite character so far would be John since I have met only like two trolls.

I'm just going to leave this here.

Last edited Oct 20, 2011 at 04:00PM EDT

adachi wrote:

I tried to get into Homestuck, but I couldn't. I didn't understand what was going on, especially the whole stuff about programs or whatnot that somehow restrict how you pick up things. Nothing really happened when I read it too. Does it take a while to take off? I got to the part where the guy gets his game and starts it up for the first time.

Don't worry, I've read the whole thing and there are still a few things I don't understand.

Last edited Oct 20, 2011 at 04:04PM EDT

Mr Bumhole #1 Fan Of Osaka wrote:

Yessssssss!!!!!!!!

Ashbot I knew you had the finest taste in trolls, I just knew it!

Actually my favorite is Sollux. He kicks ass and shares many qualities that I have. Also he's a gemini just like me.

My favorite used to be Gamzee because he's either chill as fuck or criminally insane, but then he hit on Tav and creeped me out. Now he's my second favorite.

How bout you?

Homestuck seems to be becoming increasingly popular on the site, so I may as well make this. We have a TF2 and Pony one, so why not? Everything Homestuck related can go here. Discussions, art, etc.

You forgot Spiderman.

Ashbot wrote:

Actually my favorite is Sollux. He kicks ass and shares many qualities that I have. Also he's a gemini just like me.

My favorite used to be Gamzee because he's either chill as fuck or criminally insane, but then he hit on Tav and creeped me out. Now he's my second favorite.

How bout you?

>"but then he hit on Tav and creeped me out."
>Implying that doesn't make him better

As I said, Vriska is my fav (BLUH BLUH), followed up by….hmm. Kanaya and Terezi, followed up my Equius and Nepeta.

Also John and Dave but I don't think we were including the kids??

John and Jade are okay but I hate Dave and Rose, they bore me.
1. Sollux
2. Gamzee
3. Eridan
4. Nepeta
5. Equius
6. Tavros
7. Karkat
8. Aradia
9. Terezi
10. Vriska

When does homestuck start getting good? Ive tried playing it for the third time now and Ive just quit it. Im half way through Act 2 and nothing exciting/funny is really going on.

rapturjesus wrote:

When does homestuck start getting good? Ive tried playing it for the third time now and Ive just quit it. Im half way through Act 2 and nothing exciting/funny is really going on.

It's one of those things you either like or you don't.

I sort of think we need more Aradia. She hasn't really been given the same amount of screentime that any of the other trolls have been given, and I feel like she has gotten really interesting since she caught that damn tiger. I'm not really sure which troll I like most… I can't even guess really. They're all pretty interesting… Except Feferi. I just can't care. As far as the kids go, I'd say that Dave is the most interesting to me. He's a lot more driven than any of the others really, constantly getting stuff done, which I like a lot. He has an interesting motivation in his careful use of time loops to avoid as many dead paradox Daves as possible, which is an interesting counterpoint to the trolls session, where there were tons of Aradiabots hanging around by the final battle. Plus, with him being the hero of time, it adds in the wonderful component of weird time shit, which is one of the things I like most about the MSPA things. Of the kids, I've gotta say that Jade is kind of my least favorite, I dunno, she doesn't really seem to have quite as interesting motivations, and her personality just doesn't appeal to me as much. Too… I dunno, silly? Excitable?

ArdentGamer wrote:

I sort of think we need more Aradia. She hasn't really been given the same amount of screentime that any of the other trolls have been given, and I feel like she has gotten really interesting since she caught that damn tiger. I'm not really sure which troll I like most… I can't even guess really. They're all pretty interesting… Except Feferi. I just can't care. As far as the kids go, I'd say that Dave is the most interesting to me. He's a lot more driven than any of the others really, constantly getting stuff done, which I like a lot. He has an interesting motivation in his careful use of time loops to avoid as many dead paradox Daves as possible, which is an interesting counterpoint to the trolls session, where there were tons of Aradiabots hanging around by the final battle. Plus, with him being the hero of time, it adds in the wonderful component of weird time shit, which is one of the things I like most about the MSPA things. Of the kids, I've gotta say that Jade is kind of my least favorite, I dunno, she doesn't really seem to have quite as interesting motivations, and her personality just doesn't appeal to me as much. Too… I dunno, silly? Excitable?

There are two main reasons why Aradia doesn't get as much screen time:
1. She's sorta boring, to be honest.
2. She isn't a fan-favorite. Hussie will get more traffic/positive reviews if trolls such as Gamzee and Terezi get more screen time.

Hussie doesn't give attention to trolls depending on if they're popular with fans or not. If anything, he'll probably kill them off faster if they are. That's the kind of guy he is.

As for Aradia, as you've probably noticed Ardent, her role as of recently is getting progressively bigger and with more attention focused on her, so there's no need to worry. I'm guessing she'll play a very large role in the upcoming flash. As for why she had less attention….I'm guessing it was the whole "dead" thing.

Also, Raptur. "Playing"? Wha?

Last edited Oct 22, 2011 at 06:33PM EDT

Blaughaughlgg, I really want him to update at midnight rather than sometime during the day tomorrow. Of course, it'd end with me just watching it on loop for until the sudden realization of "Oh crap, I gotta get going" which would be bad, but the suspense is so much worse!

Hmm, well my first reccomendation may be to try Problem Sleuth first, the MS Paint Adventure that came before Homestuck. The main problem people seem to have when first reading Homestuck is that they find the opening a bit slow, but people who read Problem Sleuth first rarely have that problem, due to a similarity in tone. It's awesome as well, so it's a good idea to read it even if you've already read Homestuck.

And if you do find the opening of Homestuck slow, (i didn't) keep going. Things get going eventually.

Hmm, well my first reccomendation may be to try Problem Sleuth first, the MS Paint Adventure that came before Homestuck. The main problem people seem to have when first reading Homestuck is that they find the opening a bit slow, but people who read Problem Sleuth first rarely have that problem, due to a similarity in tone. It's awesome as well, so it's a good idea to read it even if you've already read Homestuck.

And if you do find the opening of Homestuck slow, (i didn't) keep going. Things get going eventually.

Luved Problem Sleuth. Where I get moar?

badsitrep wrote:

Luved Problem Sleuth. Where I get moar?

More Problem sleuth? you've read it before? It's nice to hear you've experienced the awesomeness of Problem Sleuth before, but sadly that's all there is. I guess you can get started on Homestuck now. Put your reading spectacles on and give youself a lot of time….you'll need it.

More Problem sleuth? you've read it before? It's nice to hear you've experienced the awesomeness of Problem Sleuth before, but sadly that's all there is. I guess you can get started on Homestuck now. Put your reading spectacles on and give youself a lot of time….you'll need it.

You were right. Its a time hole. Oh well, I have around 4 and half hours to kill.

You know, before I clicked on the flash, there was a small part of me.

Very small.

That thought "maybe this is going to be a let down. Maybe this isn't going go be as good as I thought it would."

I was right about the 2nd. It wasn't as good as I wanted it to be.

It was much much better than that.

I am kind of speechless at all the stuff that just happened…I'll need a while before I can comment any further. But…wow.

Rest in peace, Mayor. Though your life has passed, Can Town still stands as a testament to your achievements. You shall be forever remembered for your great deeds by the citizens. Except for that one you killed. All this talking is making me thirsty. I'mma go pop open some heavenly brown elixir.

Last edited Oct 28, 2011 at 06:09PM EDT

Good news everyone! Songs from Homestuck are ACTUALLY going to be released as downloadable content for Rock Band 3. Here are 2 of them….

This is one of those things I have always wanted, but thought would never happen…..I am so happy.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

This thread was locked by an administrator.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Greetings! You must login or signup first!