Forums / General

191,092 total conversations in 5,240 threads

+ New Thread

Featured Featured
KYM Homestuck General

Last posted Apr 10, 2014 at 08:27AM EDT. Added Oct 20, 2011 at 11:15AM EDT
1,754 conversations with 91 participants

I’m sorry, but page get 3x combo.
Wow I am the worst fucking poster. This is obviously why I got forum mod.

Last edited Nov 03, 2012 at 10:17PM EDT
Nov 03, 2012 at 10:14PM EDT

How did I not see these?
Nov 03, 2012 at 11:03PM EDT

Alright I’ve started reading homestuck…
And now I can’t stop. I’m already at Act 3 and going, this is just so great.

Nov 04, 2012 at 02:48PM EST

The start of the next Act will take until at least 11/11, as stated by Hussie:

Act 6 Act 4 next. Are you ready for it? Are you ready to do some more AWESOME WAITING for it?? I hope so. I’ll try to have something ready by 11/11, which is exactly one year from the start of Act 6 (hey calendar: wtf???) The main issue of uncertainty here is I have to fly down to Florida and sign more than 11,000 prints. I actually have no idea how long that will take.

Full post in on the main MSP site.

Last edited Nov 04, 2012 at 06:08PM EST
Nov 04, 2012 at 06:07PM EST

So in the update I thought this was cute.

Mituna supposedly asks “H47H 4NYW0NG 533N MY H4ML37”
which most people would take as “has anyone seen my helmet” because he’s know to make spelling mistakes but if you translate it literally it’s “has anyone seen my Hamlet”

In the group of people Kurloz can be seen dressed as Hamlet.

Someone made this.

Nov 05, 2012 at 07:18PM EST

Gamzee wrote:

So in the update I thought this was cute.

Mituna supposedly asks “H47H 4NYW0NG 533N MY H4ML37”
which most people would take as “has anyone seen my helmet” because he’s know to make spelling mistakes but if you translate it literally it’s “has anyone seen my Hamlet”

In the group of people Kurloz can be seen dressed as Hamlet.

Someone made this.

>4NYW0NG

>ANYWONG

>WONG

Nov 05, 2012 at 10:09PM EST

Cale wrote:

>4NYW0NG

>ANYWONG

>WONG

shutup.

Nov 05, 2012 at 10:11PM EST

Tahrdan Ismeh Wu-Temporis wrote:

So… what do you think the best part of Ministrife was?

The one when Nepeta ran up to Meulin and they didn’t do anything but spam 3’s nine times to each other. I think it’s because cats have 9 lives.

Nov 06, 2012 at 05:21PM EST

GIANTDAD wrote:

The one when Nepeta ran up to Meulin and they didn’t do anything but spam 3’s nine times to each other. I think it’s because cats have 9 lives.

Haha, that was pretty hilarious.

And since I like cat,s I suppose those are the trolls to which I can relate the most, even! (Don’t worry, I don’t do any of that shipping nonsense.)

I suppose it was just hilarious overall. I suppose some of it’s seeing… well…

ALL THE TROLLS.
ALL OF THEM.

Also, It wouldn’t be unreasonable to assume that the Leijons were just kind of… uhhh… squ33ing at each other? (Remember the typing quirk. ee turns into 33.)

Last edited Nov 06, 2012 at 05:48PM EST
Nov 06, 2012 at 05:25PM EST

I’m with Seal Clubba. I love the Leijons, so the part where they were squealing was the best.

@Tardises
>2012
>not shipping everything

Nov 06, 2012 at 07:35PM EST

Haha, that was pretty hilarious.

And since I like cat,s I suppose those are the trolls to which I can relate the most, even! (Don’t worry, I don’t do any of that shipping nonsense.)

I suppose it was just hilarious overall. I suppose some of it’s seeing… well…

ALL THE TROLLS.
ALL OF THEM.

Also, It wouldn’t be unreasonable to assume that the Leijons were just kind of… uhhh… squ33ing at each other? (Remember the typing quirk. ee turns into 33.)

Nov 06, 2012 at 07:38PM EST

madcat wrote:

I’m with Seal Clubba. I love the Leijons, so the part where they were squealing was the best.

@Tardises
>2012
>not shipping everything

I shipped Equius with Aradia until that was made canon. Now I just ship myself with Terezi.

Last edited Nov 06, 2012 at 09:40PM EST
Nov 06, 2012 at 09:29PM EST

madcat wrote:

@Tardises
>2012
>not shipping everything

Hey man. Shipping’s a hassle.

But with new Priority Mail Flat Rate Boxes and Envelopes, if it fits, it ships® anywhere in the U.S.* for a low Flat Rate.

Nov 06, 2012 at 10:46PM EST

What are some Homestuck Tumblrs you guys follow?

Nov 10, 2012 at 12:12PM EST

I don’t follow any tumblrs. At all.

Oddly enough, though, I’ve seen you comment on T:A videos on youtube.
VGSVGSVGSVGSVGSVGS

Nov 10, 2012 at 02:14PM EST

Well, that ended quickly.

Nov 12, 2012 at 03:35AM EST

Well I guess we just go back to intermission immediately without visiting the Beta kids. Which is a shame.
Also inb4 everyone freaks out about Jake’s tatoo

Nov 12, 2012 at 07:27AM EST

They seem to have made some bitchin’ stuff. (Except Roxy’s rifle. If they’re so opposed to the Condesce, why persist in using stuff with her symbol on it?)

Also, looks like the collective theme for these planets is Land Of burial structure And noble gas.

Of ocurse, still waiting for the inevitable aawesomeness that will ensue when 4 more planets get thrown into the mix…

Nov 12, 2012 at 11:45AM EST

Probably a whole year passed for the Alpha kids, and when they meet with the Beta kids, it will be in the comic the same date that it is in real life… but that would make the Beta kids’ travel more than 4 years long instead of 3, breaking my hypothesis.

Nov 12, 2012 at 12:58PM EST

Is act 6 part 4 supposed to be so fucking short? Also I like the way how all of their lands are both gasses and Burial Crypts.

Nov 12, 2012 at 09:42PM EST

GIANTDAD wrote:

Is act 6 part 4 supposed to be so fucking short? Also I like the way how all of their lands are both gasses and Burial Crypts.

Hussie revealed that Act 6 Act 4 was planned to be 1 flash for at least a year.

Nov 12, 2012 at 11:09PM EST

Wait, why is Jade’s planet cut into fourths? I don’t remember that.

Also Dirk confirmed as Superman.

Last edited Nov 12, 2012 at 11:09PM EST
Nov 12, 2012 at 11:09PM EST

Guys:
Everyone do what you can for this
If someone starts a petition to get Obama to read homestuck, and the community gets behind it, we could have successfully wasted the President’s valuable time.

Last edited Nov 12, 2012 at 11:36PM EST
Nov 12, 2012 at 11:30PM EST

Well, in a way it makes sense that act 6 act 4 was so short.

What are they gonna do in a void session when the kings are already dead? They cannot proceed until 5 more planets come in… (Which are of course beta!Battlefield, LOWAS, LOLAR,LOHAC, and LOFAF.)

At least we get to see SOME of what they’ve been doing! Valuable preparations, clearly.

Nov 13, 2012 at 03:47PM EST

Guys.

I am now Caliborn.
Last edited Nov 13, 2012 at 11:37PM EST
Nov 13, 2012 at 11:37PM EST

This is the moment I’ve been waiting for. He’s the best character that’s been recently introduced, and he’s finally getting his turn in the spotlight.

Nov 13, 2012 at 11:40PM EST

Aaaaaaaaaand I’m confused again.

Nov 14, 2012 at 08:40PM EST

Teh Brawler wrote:

Aaaaaaaaaand I’m confused again.

I can understand why.

Nov 14, 2012 at 10:46PM EST

Save this for future generations, my children. A summary of Homestuck in a mere few paragraphs.

Bigger

Last edited Nov 15, 2012 at 08:51AM EST
Nov 15, 2012 at 08:50AM EST

RandomMan wrote:

I can understand why.

Silly Randomman, I’m confused because it hasn’t been explained how Calliope died.

Nov 15, 2012 at 04:17PM EST

Teh Brawler wrote:

Silly Randomman, I’m confused because it hasn’t been explained how Calliope died.

It’s probably because Caliborn took control over the body forever, and by expelling calliopes soul out. Like Aranea said she’s probably wandering around the furthest ring being all bored and dead. They need to find her.

Nov 15, 2012 at 04:25PM EST

Mexx Android wrote:

Save this for future generations, my children. A summary of Homestuck in a mere few paragraphs.

Bigger

This makes it sound so simple.

Nov 15, 2012 at 11:07PM EST

Nothing much happening this update…

So, I was thinking – What characters from things other than Homestuck do you think would work best in specific roles? (As in title and aspect).

And yes, obvious ones – as well as roles taken up by canon characters – would be valid choices for selection. You mainly need to provide justification…

I have 2 obvious ones;
Lord of TIme: The Doctor. (We ALL knew this one was obvious. Caliborn even dresses in a similar manner to the 11th Doctor, for gog’s sake!)
Knight of the Wind Breath: Sonic the Hedgehog. THIS is the reason why. WHOAOAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH!
Of course, it helps that Sonic can be conisdered to be using the aspect in combat nearly all the time. (He is described as being “like the wind”, and, well, how else is his speed meant to be interpreted? It makes sense.)

And one not so obvious, but relevant to the GOTTA GO FAST

Knight of Mind: Silver the Hedgehog. He uses his psychokinesis both offensively (Say it with me now: IT’S NO USE! TAKE THIS!) And defensively (THIS is how he is in the Generations battle – He uses his psychokinesis on himself to match Sonic’s speed.)

Last edited Nov 16, 2012 at 06:25PM EST
Nov 16, 2012 at 06:17PM EST

While TARDISES is comparing Homestuck to Sonic(and some Doctor Who), Lets talk about Shipping once again!
My favourite comedic OTP is Dirk x Jake and Hussie x Wolf Head and my favourite ship is Kurloz x Meulin.

Last edited Nov 16, 2012 at 08:25PM EST
Nov 16, 2012 at 08:17PM EST

Greninja wrote:

While TARDISES is comparing Homestuck to Sonic(and some Doctor Who), Lets talk about Shipping once again!
My favourite comedic OTP is Dirk x Jake and Hussie x Wolf Head and my favourite ship is Kurloz x Meulin.

>Not shipping Rosemary.
>Not shipping the Dave X Terezi X Karkat love triangle besides that.
>Not shipping Hussie with Rufio instead of Wolf Head.

Those other two are quality. 6/10 Decent taste in OTPs.

Nov 16, 2012 at 09:10PM EST

DAY 17:
Page 4900, still having 2500 more pages to go. I can’t stop reading this glorious webcomic, running low on drinks… maybe I could get some Faygo later. I misjudged this comic before, thinking it was too weird without reading it for myself. If only I could tell my past self how wrong he was…

Nov 16, 2012 at 10:05PM EST

Greninja wrote:

>DirkJake
>comedic ship
>not shipping what I ship

Nov 16, 2012 at 10:30PM EST

Well, that was a fun update. Vomited a little, nbd.

How’s your guys’ morning going?

Nov 18, 2012 at 10:51AM EST

This is the best update that has ever happened. I knew I loved Caliborn for a reason.

Nov 18, 2012 at 11:09AM EST

Hauu! You must login or signup first!