Forums / Discussion / General

169,590 total conversations in 5,527 threads

+ New Thread


Featured Featured Locked Locked
The KnowYourMeme RPG (Refresh)

Last posted Feb 19, 2013 at 04:04PM EST. Added Oct 22, 2011 at 09:33PM EDT
385 posts from 51 users

Small update.
I have no doubts on being able to make it to the meetings this weekend, as even if there is any indication of me not being able to get online I will go to a friends house to use their computer. However, just to be safe, Fridays Meeting is canceled.

Also, I will leave this open to discussion:
Because of the origin of some memes (Touhou, etc), a handful of enemies will be throwing out streams or waves of projectiles. To give the player a chance against these types of attacks, it was decided that a Dashing function would allow you to do a Short Dash past a projectile.

However, I have a few doubts about how intelligent I will be able to make my AI, so in addition to the Dash functions, I am planning on having a “Whistle” function, which will basically order all allies to stop what they are doing (Comboing, Charging a Spell, Etc.) and run to the Player Characters side. Do development team members or anyone else think this will cause any unnecessary game-play balance issues or should I add this to the planned Game Engine?

Feb 23, 2012 at 08:55PM EST
Quote

I don’t see any problems with a command of that style.

Also, I’d be willing to host meetings during the weekdays and when you are not available.

Feb 23, 2012 at 08:59PM EST
Quote

I am hoping to join too after act one is over I think I would be decent in this RPG! :D
(Mostly as a tank because of obvious reasons).

Feb 23, 2012 at 09:01PM EST
Quote

i have a few questions, Can i be a playable character, and if not that, a summon-able one? also, can i do some art for the game?

Feb 24, 2012 at 03:25AM EST
Quote

I’m afraid the chances of more characters are slim, especially on new members.

If you do good art, I’m sure they’d enjoy your input.

Feb 24, 2012 at 07:30AM EST
Quote

Natsuru Springfield wrote:

Small update.
I have no doubts on being able to make it to the meetings this weekend, as even if there is any indication of me not being able to get online I will go to a friends house to use their computer. However, just to be safe, Fridays Meeting is canceled.

Also, I will leave this open to discussion:
Because of the origin of some memes (Touhou, etc), a handful of enemies will be throwing out streams or waves of projectiles. To give the player a chance against these types of attacks, it was decided that a Dashing function would allow you to do a Short Dash past a projectile.

However, I have a few doubts about how intelligent I will be able to make my AI, so in addition to the Dash functions, I am planning on having a “Whistle” function, which will basically order all allies to stop what they are doing (Comboing, Charging a Spell, Etc.) and run to the Player Characters side. Do development team members or anyone else think this will cause any unnecessary game-play balance issues or should I add this to the planned Game Engine?

It’s great that we’ve come so far.
Any new estimate for when a working demo will be possible?

Feb 24, 2012 at 07:48AM EST
Quote

Im going to do a pic for the game. I was gunna ask for a list of pics of what the characters look like but ill just use my imagination…

Feb 24, 2012 at 08:18AM EST
Quote

Hmm… Times like these I regret that I never got into digital art, animation, or 3D modeling, and just kept with the traditional methods… I’ve always loved seeing these type community projects, and I’d love to help out too, if there’s something you might actually need from me. All you need to do is ask.

Last edited Feb 24, 2012 at 08:59AM EST
Feb 24, 2012 at 08:57AM EST
Quote

From now on I will be hosting meetings when Natsuru isn’t available. So, that means try to make it to the script document tonight.

We have a few new things to work with and I created a little something to be used as both a method communication between team members and a more reliable place to store information.

Also, I will try to host a small meeting each weekday since I don’t expect as many of you to be available.

Feb 24, 2012 at 08:05PM EST
Quote

Calkarot wrote:

Here is the pic. I will colour it eventually…





KnowYourMeme RPG fanart by ~WhiteWisp360 on deviantART

F

You want to click “View Image” after Right-Clicking it. Then Copy the URL.

That, or Right-Click, “Copy Image Location”.

In other news, that’s fucking beautiful.

Last edited Feb 24, 2012 at 09:09PM EST
Feb 24, 2012 at 09:08PM EST
Quote

Cale wrote:

You want to click “View Image” after Right-Clicking it. Then Copy the URL.

That, or Right-Click, “Copy Image Location”.

In other news, that’s fucking beautiful.

Thank you lol. Anyway, heres the character list if you could not figure out whos who.
From bottom left, Me, DrThundercritic, Drpepperfan, KYMtan, Kalmo, Natsuru
From top left, Troll King, Eyeball thing that i dont know the name of, RPPanda, Derpy

:D i will colour it when i get around to it

Feb 24, 2012 at 11:01PM EST
Quote

@ cj i believe it shall make a motivational poster within the game
@ thread
i cant wait to play with myself…err character when he makes it…

Feb 24, 2012 at 11:29PM EST
Quote

Just a reminder.

We are meeting tonight and you probably want to be here because I’m making everyone’s weapons.

Over the next few weeks I’ll see about the character models themselves.

Feb 25, 2012 at 08:03PM EST
Quote

I WANNA BE A NPC

Feb 25, 2012 at 08:09PM EST

404 user not found wrote:

how is the development doing?

Slow, but it’s moving. Things should get back up to speed before too long though. Don’t cross your fingers on it being out soon, this stuff takes time, especially when no money is involved.

Feb 26, 2012 at 04:49AM EST
Quote

MDFification wrote:

It’s great that we’ve come so far.
Any new estimate for when a working demo will be possible?

I am getting my computer back from the repair place today, so I should be able to have a new demo up and ready by Thursday.

Don’t expect it to be too much though…

Feb 28, 2012 at 04:27PM EST
Quote

I kinda feel bad for just asking to be in the game and not doing anything to help the production. I am rather poor at drawing but not horrible, so if you need anything like Character/Enemy/Attack/Background concepts I will be happy to help.

Mar 05, 2012 at 04:45PM EST

Negi Yagami wrote:

I kinda feel bad for just asking to be in the game and not doing anything to help the production. I am rather poor at drawing but not horrible, so if you need anything like Character/Enemy/Attack/Background concepts I will be happy to help.

I will talk to you about it next time we meet, okay?

EDIT:
Also, I have been doing concept art for my character, so I will upload it as soon as the schools scanner becomes free.

And also: Sorry for not being able to make it to any of the meetings guys, life has been kinda hard on me these last few weeks…

Last edited Mar 05, 2012 at 06:04PM EST
Mar 05, 2012 at 05:52PM EST
Quote

I think i’ll draw a random “box art” for this to represent my support.

Mar 05, 2012 at 06:27PM EST
Quote

Not exactly the best drawing, but I have updated my character design. Note the Sleeves, Sandals, and Ribbon in the hair.
[photo:263148]
I will also be changing the primary dress color to Red. The waist ribbon, socks, and Hair Color will remain the same color.

Also, these particular wings are the “Light Version”, whenever I am charging/casting a higher level light elemental spell. There will also be a Lightning (Rather like a bunch of strait swords sticking out of her back), Fire (More birdlike), and Overlimit (Hard to explain, but it’s set up very similarly to Yukari’s Portals. This version will also be present when you fight me) versions of the wings.

I will upload a Animation concept sometime this week (because I forgot to bring it to school today).

Last edited Mar 05, 2012 at 09:20PM EST
Mar 05, 2012 at 09:02PM EST
Quote

Natsuru Springfield wrote:

Not exactly the best drawing, but I have updated my character design. Note the Sleeves, Sandals, and Ribbon in the hair.
[photo:263148]
I will also be changing the primary dress color to Red. The waist ribbon, socks, and Hair Color will remain the same color.

Also, these particular wings are the “Light Version”, whenever I am charging/casting a higher level light elemental spell. There will also be a Lightning (Rather like a bunch of strait swords sticking out of her back), Fire (More birdlike), and Overlimit (Hard to explain, but it’s set up very similarly to Yukari’s Portals. This version will also be present when you fight me) versions of the wings.

I will upload a Animation concept sometime this week (because I forgot to bring it to school today).

Design is cross between Reimu, and Sheena Fujibayashi?
and in this case I’ll draw the art like Kosuke Fujishima(he does the art for most of the mothership titles of the tales series)

Last edited Mar 05, 2012 at 09:12PM EST
Mar 05, 2012 at 09:10PM EST
Quote

Ann Hiro wrote:

Design is cross between Reimu, and Sheena Fujibayashi?
and in this case I’ll draw the art like Kosuke Fujishima(he does the art for most of the mothership titles of the tales series)

Somewhat. I was more aiming for a cross between My old Avatar, Kitsune Negi and Sheena. Then elements of Reimu was added in this version due to popular demand.

Last edited Mar 05, 2012 at 09:17PM EST
Mar 05, 2012 at 09:15PM EST
Quote

So, can someone tell me how progressed the game is now? I haven’t been keeping up with this thread.

Mar 05, 2012 at 10:34PM EST
Quote

Last I checked, the script was 1-2 dungeons away from the conclusion of act 1.
My computer has been out of commission up until recently, so no demo progress has been made since last December.
Aaaaaand… we are working on a website to host the project, which we are hopeing to open soon. Besides that nothing much.

Mar 06, 2012 at 12:21AM EST
Quote

May I be an NPC? I mean, I heard the positions are open. Also, can someone tell me at what progress we are at here?

Mar 06, 2012 at 12:43AM EST

There are 50 total positions still open for standard users. (Mods, Admins, and Staff Members are not counted as they don’t live in “the residential zone” of Kym, and instead live in their own part of town.)

BUT don’t ask for a position now!! We will be having sign ups in a different thread soon! We don’t need this thread cluttered with requests!

Mar 06, 2012 at 01:06AM EST
Quote

User Name wrote:

May I be an NPC? I mean, I heard the positions are open. Also, can someone tell me at what progress we are at here?

My memory is a little foggy, but there will be 2-? arks and they are almost done with the first one.
NPC position have been full as of late.

Mar 06, 2012 at 01:07AM EST
Quote

Ann Hiro wrote:

My memory is a little foggy, but there will be 2-? arks and they are almost done with the first one.
NPC position have been full as of late.

Mar 07, 2012 at 07:06AM EST

A small forum made for the game’s development

I’m going to make a part of the site public. This is mainly to be used by those working on the game and most threads will not be viewable without an account and permission from myself or Natsuru. For the moment there are only trailers, stillshots, and a few old demos. There will be more frequent updates once Natsuru can get back to the project.

Anyone may view or post in the public area. The private area is only viewable by team members.

If you are on the team and wish to view the private section as well you must create an account on the site (email not required) and then message me on KYM telling me your account name so I can give it the special permissions.

Mar 09, 2012 at 09:01PM EST
Quote

Suiseiseki     wrote:

A small forum made for the game’s development

I’m going to make a part of the site public. This is mainly to be used by those working on the game and most threads will not be viewable without an account and permission from myself or Natsuru. For the moment there are only trailers, stillshots, and a few old demos. There will be more frequent updates once Natsuru can get back to the project.

Anyone may view or post in the public area. The private area is only viewable by team members.

If you are on the team and wish to view the private section as well you must create an account on the site (email not required) and then message me on KYM telling me your account name so I can give it the special permissions.

I make alot of random forums on forumtion, so I know how to use it… look at this

Mar 13, 2012 at 08:39PM EDT
Quote

We’ve begun to transfer all data from the documents over to the forum.

I believe that I’ve gotten everything but if anyone sees anything missing go ahead and post it.

If you’re on the team and still don’t have an account simply register and pm me on KYM to access the info.

Mar 15, 2012 at 04:34PM EDT
Quote

Ann Hiro wrote:

I think i’ll draw a random “box art” for this to represent my support.

I have yet to start….


wondering if I’m still an optional character. I know you guys are busy so I won’t pester you guys about it, that would be selfish.
Mar 16, 2012 at 12:06AM EDT
Quote

OP userlist is now up to date. I have managed to recover the last version of the tech demo so I will be adding that soon also.
--

And yes Ann, you are still an optional character. Feel free to PM me if you think you can help in any way.

Mar 16, 2012 at 09:44PM EDT
Quote

Prepare Yourself Team Members! I am in Spring Break now and can once again resume meetings!

Mar 23, 2012 at 02:35AM EDT
Quote

Could have sworn I did this last night, but okay: PROGRESS UPDATE!!

The moveset of two bosses have been made up, and voice clips for Phoenix Wright, Deadpool, and a possible Spiderman where found. Scriptwise, we have created about a paragraph of bare-bones dialouge, but it should be expanded on tonight.

See you all tonight then!

Mar 24, 2012 at 03:14PM EDT
Quote

I would like to freindly remind all production team members of the starting time of the Dev Meetings. It’s 5pm Pacific Time Zone, Fridays though Sundays.

A couple of you came 3 hours earlier and left before I or Suiseiseki arrived.

Mar 24, 2012 at 08:06PM EDT
Quote

Some of the playable characters I drew from their avatars and character descriptions in GIMP.

Mar 25, 2012 at 03:12AM EDT
Quote

Ryuki Satzuki I'mJustADamnCentaur wrote:

Um, where’s me?

I did say some of the characters.

I’ll draw in everyone else later when their characters’ appearences are a bit more defined.

Mar 25, 2012 at 11:02AM EDT
Quote

Badass, but I would like to suggest a sort of “Character Creator” thing so people could make their characters look like their avatar, rather than playing as notable users.

Mar 25, 2012 at 12:03PM EDT
Quote

angstyHoodie OPERATOR wrote:

Badass, but I would like to suggest a sort of “Character Creator” thing so people could make their characters look like their avatar, rather than playing as notable users.

Too far into the game, to do that.
And No they are not gonna do that. Missed your chance, well too bad.
Plus KYM-TAN is the main heroine. We made her about 2 years ago, the moe mascot of KYM.
also this is a game in tribute of notable user’s. As in the core members of the KYM family

Last edited Mar 25, 2012 at 12:54PM EDT
Mar 25, 2012 at 12:49PM EDT
Quote

A custom character program would just look ugly in 2D… :/
Not worth the effort it takes to make one…

Mar 25, 2012 at 01:36PM EDT
Quote
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

This thread was locked by an administrator.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

O HAI! You must login or signup first!