191,271 total conversations in 5,245 threads

+ New Thread

Featured Featured Locked Locked
The KnowYourMeme RPG (Refresh)

Last posted Feb 19, 2013 at 04:04PM EST. Added Oct 22, 2011 at 09:33PM EDT
385 conversations with 51 participants

Suiseiseki     wrote:

I did say some of the characters.

I’ll draw in everyone else later when their characters’ appearences are a bit more defined.

Ok, thanks.

Mar 25, 2012 at 02:08PM EDT

I can’t get onto the meetingwords for some reason, it keeps crashing the computer I am using.

I wouldn’t have been able to stay verry long anyway because of a Birthday Party, but if the problem persists after I re-boot I won’t show up…

In the meantime, I want you guys to start expanding the dialouge, as some of you *cough*DerpyCaptainBadassDrPepperfanJackCandle Cough have grown awefully quiet in the script…

Mar 25, 2012 at 08:10PM EDT

I am using Game Maker in order to build the game engine. The game itself will resemble the Tales Of series style of gameplay.

Mar 25, 2012 at 09:08PM EDT

Progress Update:
We are one dungeon away from the conclusion of Act 1! After that we will request everyone present in Act One to come in and fix their dialouge, because I am quite certain that I didn’t get everything right.

Mar 31, 2012 at 11:40PM EDT

He wasn’t optional, but he wouldn’t always be playable… we haven’t discussed what to do with his role yet, but I am torn between kicking his ass off the roadster and keeping him on…

Apr 06, 2012 at 03:10PM EDT

We could keep him temporarily playable, and kill him off later, you know, symbolizing him deleting his account.

Apr 06, 2012 at 03:20PM EDT

Ashbot doesn’t exactly have a big roll but we shouldn’t keep making changes to important parts of the game simply because a person left or something changed. We should just make the game as if it takes place during a certain time period and keep it consistent with that. Trying to adjust everything to fit what is currently happening would be maddening and unproductive.

To be honest though I think removing Ashbot would be wise. We have a shit ton of characters already that will be hard enough to make and he isn’t vital. He only has a few lines in the script and we haven’t put any other resources into his character yet. We can simply swap him out with a character we already have.

Last edited Apr 06, 2012 at 03:25PM EDT
Apr 06, 2012 at 03:21PM EDT

Yeah, I agree with keeping him on, but we will still have trouble checking his dialogue without him around.

Apr 06, 2012 at 03:24PM EDT

Crap! Ummm… I won’t be able to make it home in time to attend the meeting… (derping on a School Computer all day) So ummm…

You know what, tonight I want the production team members to think up of ideas for dungeons appearing in the second act (We visit every website in that act), or to find useable sprites for our enemy list.

I can come in to work on the script tomorrow night, so don’t worry!

Apr 06, 2012 at 07:15PM EDT

As I understood it he was always going to die about a third of the way into the game in an anticlimactic way, so no really big loss then.

Apr 06, 2012 at 08:31PM EDT

While I agree that it would be nice to keep him, I have to say that kicking him from the main cast would be better for the progress of the game, as one less character means a whole lot less work, and we were going to kill him early off anyhow.

Apr 07, 2012 at 12:16AM EDT

I hate to say it, but yeah, one less character in the game means less time I have to spend scripting, spriteing, and codeing…

Besides, we are only on our first draft, replaceing Ashbot with someone else wouldn’t be that hard. (Ardent perhaps)

Apr 07, 2012 at 01:25AM EDT

Natsuru, Ann, Sui: Ashbot is out because he deactivated.

Rest of KYM: OOH! CAN I BE IN IT NOW?!

Apr 07, 2012 at 03:40AM EDT

I would rather avoid a bloodbath… So if we do get rid of Ashbot, I am also getting rid of his PC slot… so regardless of what happens, we will still only provide the remaining 3 Optional Slots when the time comes.

Apr 07, 2012 at 04:02AM EDT

But seriously, everyone has been really bad about showing up for the past few weeks. Get in here.

Apr 07, 2012 at 09:19PM EDT

Sorry about my absence, something… rather awful… came up…

But short of me getting hospitalized too, I will be at the meeting tomorrow.

Apr 08, 2012 at 12:59AM EDT

I’d kill you if you died, before the game was done.

Apr 08, 2012 at 01:29AM EDT

Natsuru Springfield wrote:

Sorry about my absence, something… rather awful… came up…

But short of me getting hospitalized too, I will be at the meeting tomorrow.

hospitalized too?

Apr 08, 2012 at 05:15AM EDT

Update:

Seems everything may go smoother than expected. Sui had decided to go learn Game Maker so my workload will become easier once I finish makeing the game engine, Ashbot’s role is going to be replaced by Ardent (who was going to be playable anyways), and yeah.

Also, I wish to finalize KYM-Tan’s movest ASAP. With the thought in mind that she is supposed to be a striker, thus most of her attacks must be created with Combo’s in mind. (Any other Striker type character should keep that in mind too.)

@404: Ummm, I didn’t mean to let that slip. But yes, sombody I know has been hospitalized. Don’t worry, everything is going to be fine, but I may be distracted from the forums for awile.

Apr 10, 2012 at 12:49AM EDT

I see Kym-tan as a magical knight kinda like kratos and zelos, after seeing her sprite.
and it depends what are her moves…
Time to put my proficiency of tales games to work…
If I can only see her ability list… ;)

Apr 10, 2012 at 01:39AM EDT

I will be late for the meeting tonight by a few hours, so get started without me.

If you can’t figure out what to do before I arrive, I suggest you either devote that time to Resource Gathering or Replacing Ashbot with Ardent.

Apr 13, 2012 at 04:02PM EDT

Damnit… I got home late only to find nobody home and sombody took the laptop with them. I have my mobile device, but I can’t get onto meetingwords with it!

I will get on as soon as I get the Laptop back, but I don’t know when that will be.

Apr 14, 2012 at 11:20PM EDT

Ladies and mentlegen, we have a progress update!

It’s been a while since we’ve had a full blown one of these, hasn’t it?

Anyways, down to the details. The rewrite has been completed 100%, and we’ve moved forward into the next area of the game. By area I really do mean a single area, just a minor incrementation, but still, progress is progress. A few details need to be hammered out about the End of Act One dungeon before we can say our first draft of the act is truly complete, but if things progress as I sincerely hope they do, we’ll have the draft done by Tuesday of next week.

Anyways, since we’re so close to this milestone, I suggest that everyone directly involved in the project take a little time at some point in these next couple weeks to go through and make sure that everything that is theirs is how they want it. No specific meeting times for this, just general advice here. Remember, if you’ve lost your link to it, I do remember who all is technically directly involved, and will be able to give it to you if you request it and, of course, are supposed to have it.

Finally, I would suggest that the members of the project take this moment to think about our next goal. We should probably set ourselves a couple minor deadlines before we start on the next act and hold ourselves to them so we can get back to the whole making significant progress each week thing.

That wraps up everything I have to say.

Apr 16, 2012 at 01:32AM EDT

Allright! I have found a collective (Kanban Style) schedule we can use! (Thank you Dad!) I will show it off and set it up at tomorrows meeting.
--

Update, we are one dialogue sequence from wrapping up Act 1. If you haven’t already, come in this week and fix your characters dialogue. I will send links and reminders to everyone on Sunday’s meeting.

What we have is far from perfect, but it’s a milestone worthy of Party Time.

Apr 29, 2012 at 03:00AM EDT

Ashbot came back, so does that mean Ardent is replaced and Ashbot is back in his rightful place?

Apr 29, 2012 at 06:14AM EDT

Cant delete post within 30 min of creating it…. I posted the double YaY by accident… 10 hours ago….

Apr 29, 2012 at 01:23PM EDT

User Name wrote:

Ashbot came back, so does that mean Ardent is replaced and Ashbot is back in his rightful place?

Though I may sound like an ass for saying this, but I’m just going to quickly say; “No, he can’t have his old position back.” He has caused too much work for us (mainly Ardent) by doing that.

However, I won’t stop him from signing on as an Npc or Optional Character when that time comes.

Apr 29, 2012 at 04:08PM EDT

It has come to my attention that certain members of our production team may be unaware of how things currently work in meetings.

Meetings start at 5pm Pacific, and are hosted by Suiseiseki untill 8pm, when I get home from school or work. The meetings are also currently held on Act 1 Part 2’s Meetingword, so head there first.

So don’t think my absence at the starting of the meetings means the meetings are cancled.

(In turn, I will try to keep a better communication with Suiseiseki on what should be the goal of each of the meetings.)

Last edited Apr 30, 2012 at 12:45AM EDT
Apr 30, 2012 at 12:44AM EDT

You guys should have a schedule. Or did you try that already, but wasn’t well organised?

Apr 30, 2012 at 01:19AM EDT

I was planning on assembleing one tonight, but by the time I found the website the other members had already departed to dreamland.

But we will have it ready next week.

Apr 30, 2012 at 01:48AM EDT

By the way, are the optional characters for REALLY notable users who are oldfags or those who are just known in the community?

Also, is this a second version of the RPG or something?

So many questions I ask. God I’m a newfag…

Apr 30, 2012 at 02:43AM EDT

User Name wrote:

By the way, are the optional characters for REALLY notable users who are oldfags or those who are just known in the community?

Also, is this a second version of the RPG or something?

So many questions I ask. God I’m a newfag…

1. Yes, like me for example
2. this is the first version that is more than an idea, its an actual work in progress.

Apr 30, 2012 at 03:49AM EDT

To go more into detail, there will only be 5 optional character postions, which I will program after the main game is done. And the “REALLY noteable users” is up to my interpitation, but it will mostly fall under the line of “How many of the current users know this person?”.

This RPG has had a lot of development history, but we are still on the first project.
--

On a diffrent subject;

On the way home from school, I began brainstorming ideas on how to tackle what music we are going to need for this game. It has already been pretty much decided that every boss will have their own battle theme, but for regular enemy encounters we had not yet figured something out.

Eventually, I came up with a method we can use to decide what songs we will use:

Memes can be devided into roughly 5 main groups; Comics, Film, Video Games, Music, and Anime. Thus we could compose a song for each one of these. (Comics be a Spiderman/Batman mix, Video Games be a Smash Bros mix, Etc.)

Though, it also occured to me that many memes are mixes between the two, so it would be fair to say that there should be a song composed for every possible combination of media type. (Music x Video Games would be a Touhou Remix, Anime x Video Games would be a Pokemon Remix, etc)

So. If we where to use this system, what would the community want these 16 song remixes to be?

Comics
Comics x Film
Comics x Video Games
Comics x Music
Comics x Anime
Film (Star Wars, Lord of the Rings?)
Film x Video Games
Film x Music (This is Sparta, Bzzzzt?)
Film x Anime
Video Games
Video Games x Music (Touhou?)
Video Games x Anime (Pokemon?)
Music (Rickroll, Trololol, Nyan Cat?)
Music x Anime (Vocaloid?)
Anime

May 01, 2012 at 12:49AM EDT

That doesn’t explain what section you want it under…

And before things get too out of hand, No Embbeding! Just give the song name(s), link to the song, and what section to put it in.

May 01, 2012 at 11:26AM EDT

street fighter has media in all of the above so where ever it seems to fit.

inb4 another embedded vid on this page.

May 01, 2012 at 10:26PM EDT

I would think Street Fighter would mainly take up a part in the Video Game square, because it’s large influence in mainly that.

Once we have a composer on the team we can mix multible songs together, so if we can somehow manage a Super Smash Bros x Street Fighter x Mortal Kombat x Portal x whatever else suggested that would be awesome.

May 02, 2012 at 12:17AM EDT

I seriously appreciate that there isn’t any pony avatars on this page so far.

Other than that, I have the first optional space filled. When the time comes I’ll hand you my moveset, and hopely i can find a sprite sheet for Naoto From Persona 4: Arena, a persona fighting game, Im lucky that Naoi and Naoto look similar, and both use guns.

May 04, 2012 at 11:00PM EDT

Update: We did it… we got to the end of act 1! Kinda… we have a bunch of holes to fill in still before we call it a draft.

May 05, 2012 at 02:16AM EDT

Overlimit Concept art for myself:
“Drown in a torrent of bullets! LUNATIC BULLET HELL!”

Last edited May 07, 2012 at 12:57AM EDT
May 07, 2012 at 12:56AM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

This thread was locked by an administrator.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Howdy! You must login or signup first!