Forums / General

195,608 total conversations in 5,384 threads

+ New Thread

Featured Featured Locked Locked
The KnowYourMeme RPG (Refresh)

Last posted Feb 19, 2013 at 04:04PM EST. Added Oct 22, 2011 at 09:33PM EDT
385 conversations with 51 participants

The Derpy Vector is done.

If all goes well I might have him completly colored before I end the stream today! xD

Aug 13, 2012 at 09:35PM EDT

I wonder what would happen if I announced what I was doing to Pony General? Oh well. Anyways, the Basic Color is done, now moving onto shading.

Aug 13, 2012 at 10:00PM EDT

Okay, I can point out a few small things you can improve on those pictures. Since I found it to be too difficult to explain each one, I made a pic.

One thing missing from that is about Derpy’s left side wing. Since these pictures of mine are just scetches, you don’t need to copy each and every line faithfully. I think the left side wing would have been just fine with a fewer feathers, like the right side one.

Don’t be afraid to make changes to these scetches I’ve made. If you think you can make something more simple and better working/looking, don’t be afraid to do so.

You can also ask me for my opinios and such if needed.

I actually have a tablet myself, and two image editing softwares (ten year old photoshop and the one that came with the tablet). I’ve never really tried using it, but I could give it a try if you’d like.

The only problem is that I work incredibly slowly by digital means, so I can only try coloring a few pictures. And some of those might not even go through my personal quality control to get uploaded…

Aug 14, 2012 at 09:43AM EDT

Okay, here’s the Jack Candle and Charmander talk image. I actually tried coloring this digitally by myself, but wasn’t satisfied enough with the results to finish it.

Note that the line over Jack’s nose is just some scanner dirt, and not an actual line, so don’t go adding that to the digital lineart.

Aug 17, 2012 at 12:15PM EDT

Here’s Zarathh sprite

Hope this is good enough.

Last edited Aug 17, 2012 at 10:14PM EDT
Aug 17, 2012 at 10:14PM EDT

Muumi wrote:

Okay, I can point out a few small things you can improve on those pictures. Since I found it to be too difficult to explain each one, I made a pic.

One thing missing from that is about Derpy’s left side wing. Since these pictures of mine are just scetches, you don’t need to copy each and every line faithfully. I think the left side wing would have been just fine with a fewer feathers, like the right side one.

Don’t be afraid to make changes to these scetches I’ve made. If you think you can make something more simple and better working/looking, don’t be afraid to do so.

You can also ask me for my opinios and such if needed.

I actually have a tablet myself, and two image editing softwares (ten year old photoshop and the one that came with the tablet). I’ve never really tried using it, but I could give it a try if you’d like.

The only problem is that I work incredibly slowly by digital means, so I can only try coloring a few pictures. And some of those might not even go through my personal quality control to get uploaded…

Alright, the next stream I do will likely be a correction stream.

And speaking of the streams, I better get to work on uploading them to Youtube sometime… I have like… 20 video files.

Aug 18, 2012 at 07:45PM EDT

So is it too late for any joining in as a NPC
and if its still possible is there any specifics I have to do?

Aug 31, 2012 at 07:23PM EDT

Ben Drowned! wrote:

So is it too late for any joining in as a NPC
and if its still possible is there any specifics I have to do?

It really depends on what you are capable of doing. We won’t be holding general NPC sign ups for awhile now, but if you can contribute in any major why to the project that would likely earn you some sort of good position in the story.

Aug 31, 2012 at 08:44PM EDT

Well I feel really bad for skipping out on production for at least 2 months. Yet I’m still really busy, and don’t think I can do much at the moment. I’ll try to accomplish something…somewhere…soon…

Aug 31, 2012 at 08:54PM EDT

If I can learn how to code (which I’m willing to do); I would be more then happy to help contribute the project, Other then that I don’t know how else I can help because I don’t consider myself an good artists and I’ve never work with sound.

Sep 01, 2012 at 03:19AM EDT

I should point out that despite Sui’s video only consisting of Cutscene Footage, the location models used in this video will likely be modified for use in actual game-play to a 2.5d Style once the locations are cut into several pieces to reduce loading times.

Sep 02, 2012 at 11:14PM EDT

You know I never did say how I wanted to be in combat.
I always chose the character that fought with their hands, and feet.
Here is a quick concept I made

Sep 05, 2012 at 02:33PM EDT

out of the 19 playable characters
4 confirmed live in Texas.
Omomon
Alex? – if it’s the one i’m thinking of, Military?
Ann Hiro
Patrick

A Texas special attack anyone? Everything’s bigger in Texas…

Sep 14, 2012 at 03:44AM EDT

Because of the overall laziness on the project, me and Sui are going to make up for next week by holding a KYM RPG Development Livestream Marathon! During the Marathon Week, both Suiseiseki and I will be working on nothing but KYM RPG related material in hopes to regain overall interest in the project and to re-rally the development team (and maybe pick up some new members).

It will start this Sunday on the 23rd, and will conclude on the following Saturday the 29th. We hope all the team members join us!

Last edited Sep 21, 2012 at 07:58PM EDT
Sep 21, 2012 at 07:55PM EDT

Ann Hiro Standing by.
I probably wont download gamemaker out of shear laziness, and the limitations of my computer, AKA oh look it crashed again.
Plus I notice in Sui’s latest trailer my name was in the credits for the script.
Well I do have to go over the replacement of RF’s lines.

Sep 22, 2012 at 02:53AM EDT

Okay, I guess it’s time for me to start putting up some new scetches for the project. I still haven’t gotten to drawing Jack Candle’s Charmeleon and Charizard talk images, so I better start with those as soon as possible.

But I’ve been thinking…

Is it possible if someone else were to make the overlimit images? I tend to find the overlimit pics a bit difficult to get started with, whereas the talk images seem to come naturally.

If there’s no-one available, or no other way to excecute the overlimits, then I can keep up with the scetches. But I just though I might as well bring this up to see if there might be another solution.

Sep 24, 2012 at 09:19AM EDT

Is Jack gonna have a full grown Charizard by the end of the game?

Sep 27, 2012 at 10:20AM EDT

Oh goodness oh gosh, I haven’t been following this nearly as closely as I should’ve been. These sketches are orange-tastic.

Sep 27, 2012 at 03:40PM EDT

Okay, I’m done with Kalmo.

Just send me the next one, and I’ll do it when I’m able.

Oh, and while I remember this. I’m not sure if this is some mistake that was only on the “give Derpy a face pic”, but did you notice that you mislined the tail, and there’s one cruicial line missing, making the following pic of the tail end up looking weird and pointy.

Here’s the scetch to make the comparison.

If it’s only with the “give a face” pic, then it’s all K. But if that same thing persists in the final picture, then I suggest you look into it.

Inking the drawings should avoid this problem in the future, so I guess it’s just this one case.

Last edited Oct 05, 2012 at 08:56AM EDT
Oct 05, 2012 at 08:55AM EDT

Oh, and one more thing about that Kalmo picture. It’s been over two hours since my last post, so unfortunately I cannot just edit it into my previous comment.

Pay some extra attention to the sheathe/scabbard of the sword, and the way it cuts out behind his back.

Could you please extend the sheathe/scabbard by yourself to the optimal length? It shouldn’t be too complicated procedure, since you only have to draw a few lines that come out from behind his back anyway. You can see the point where the blade part of the scabbard starts, so just extend that line the way you see fit.

Note that the lower line should also be partially visible somewhere below his armpit.

Last edited Oct 05, 2012 at 11:08AM EDT
Oct 05, 2012 at 11:07AM EDT

I have recovered my old game files and am able to continue programing the game. Here is the demo before I suffered the file loss.

Sorry for the such colossal delay, but with the number of family issues revolving around my old PC I had a gigantic amount of trouble getting my files back.

I will be devoting certain days to KYM-RPG development/programing in my livestream schedule once I nail one down, so stay tuned!

Last edited Oct 26, 2012 at 07:24PM EDT
Oct 26, 2012 at 07:24PM EDT

Regarding Programing: I need help. n_n;;;

If you are willing and familiar with the 3D systems in Game Maker or Game Maker code in general, please contact me and I will send you the game file to help me with the obnoxious screen flipping problem.

If you arn’t, then if anyone can find me any proper tutorials on making a 2.5d game in Game Maker that will be a ton of help as well! Thank you in advance!

Last edited Nov 23, 2012 at 01:47AM EST
Nov 23, 2012 at 01:42AM EST

The scale of the game and lack of willing and/or capable developers put it on hold indefinitely.

Not to mention the amount of social stress caused by the development and other things made Suiseiseki quit the project, leaving me without cutscene producer/3d environment creator/my only other spriter. I personally feel I have lost far too many friends over this project as well.

In the future I would like to make a game all of you can enjoy, however it will be a much simpler game to program and far less content heavy ensuring I get the project done.

Requesting a lock if possible.

Last edited Feb 19, 2013 at 04:08PM EST
Feb 19, 2013 at 04:04PM EST
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

This thread was locked by an administrator.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hauu! You must login or signup first!