Forums / Discussion / General

169,848 total conversations in 5,438 threads

+ New Thread


Doctor Who Thread

Last posted Nov 07, 2011 at 11:12PM EST. Added Oct 30, 2011 at 11:00PM EDT
31 posts from 14 users

DPF requested it. Have fun.

Last edited Oct 30, 2011 at 11:01PM EDT
Oct 30, 2011 at 11:00PM EDT
Quote

Pertwee was the best Doctor, the Brigadier was the best companion, Delgado was the best villain. That’s really all there is to say on the matter.

Last edited Oct 30, 2011 at 11:07PM EDT
Oct 30, 2011 at 11:02PM EDT
Quote

ArdentGamer wrote:

Pertwee was the best Doctor, the Brigadier was the best companion, Delgado was the best villain. That’s really all there is to say on the matter.

Pertwee. lol, nope.

Baker was best, followed by Tennant. Jury’s still out on Smith, though.
I do agree, Brigadier was the best companion.

I sincerely hope this doesn’t devolve into an “X is best doctor” thread.

Oct 30, 2011 at 11:08PM EDT
Quote

Thank you. Sincerely. From the bottom of my heart. I just watched 3 Guys 1 Hammer and I needed something to take my mind off the sheer inhumanity I just endured.

Pertwee the best? Not so sure. I rather liked Tom Baker and Davison, but then again, those were the Doctors I grew up watching.

I’m going to have to say Donna was my favorite companion though. Her personality and her chemistry with the Doctor was by far my most favorite. Most of his companions in the past and present strike me as bland. Only a few really stood out.

Oct 30, 2011 at 11:09PM EDT
Quote

I’d say Arthur Darvill as Rory Williams is a close second for that best companion spot to me…. He is the best thing on the show right now, as much as I may love Smith’s Doctor. On that note, Smith is my Second Favorite Doctor. He’s a great actor, and Steven Moffat has been writing some kickass stuff for him.

I say Pertwee is the best because he’s the most active and fun doctor. He tends to be more willing to defend himself than many of the others. I love most of his storylines a lot as well, Inferno and The Daemons are really some of the best television I’ve ever seen. Also, you can’t match The Green Death for pure ridiculous Doctor Who fun. I love the Brig because he’s also in most of Pertwee’s stuff as well, and he seems to react to all the craziness in a more believable way than most. He’s also a major badass too, so that helps a lot.

Last edited Oct 30, 2011 at 11:17PM EDT
Oct 30, 2011 at 11:11PM EDT
Quote

ArdentGamer wrote:

I’d say Arthur Darvill as Rory Williams is a close second for that best companion spot to me…. He is the best thing on the show right now, as much as I may love Smith’s Doctor. On that note, Smith is my Second Favorite Doctor. He’s a great actor, and Steven Moffat has been writing some kickass stuff for him.

I say Pertwee is the best because he’s the most active and fun doctor. He tends to be more willing to defend himself than many of the others. I love most of his storylines a lot as well, Inferno and The Daemons are really some of the best television I’ve ever seen. Also, you can’t match The Green Death for pure ridiculous Doctor Who fun. I love the Brig because he’s also in most of Pertwee’s stuff as well, and he seems to react to all the craziness in a more believable way than most. He’s also a major badass too, so that helps a lot.

“Also, you can’t match The Green Death for pure ridiculous Doctor Who fun.”

I can. It’s called Curse of the Fatal Death, and it is amazing.

Last edited Oct 30, 2011 at 11:20PM EDT
Oct 30, 2011 at 11:20PM EDT
Quote

Wheatley wrote:

“Also, you can’t match The Green Death for pure ridiculous Doctor Who fun.”

I can. It’s called Curse of the Fatal Death, and it is amazing.

Well, part of why I like Green Death so much is it isn’t trying to be ridiculous, it just sort of happened.

Oct 30, 2011 at 11:21PM EDT
Quote

Natsuru Springfield wrote:


More importantly, whatever you do, do not let the doctor eat a pear. He hates pears.

Oct 30, 2011 at 11:25PM EDT
Quote

I like Tennant best… I’m just gonna put these here:







That may have been too many gifs… Still:

Last edited Oct 30, 2011 at 11:34PM EDT
Oct 30, 2011 at 11:33PM EDT
Quote

I have never seen Doctor Who, but it looks like something I’d like. Any particular series you guys would recommend, and do you know where I can find episodes of it online?

Oct 30, 2011 at 11:50PM EDT
Quote

Jackal Lantern wrote:

I have never seen Doctor Who, but it looks like something I’d like. Any particular series you guys would recommend, and do you know where I can find episodes of it online?

Well, Netflix, if you have it, has all of the new series stuff that has gone to DVD, and a lot of the old series stuff as well. Like I said earlier, The Green Death, Inferno, and The Daemons are personal favorites, though maybe not great introductory stories. I’d say the new series stuff is nice and accessible, so probably start at season one, two or five, since whenever there is a doctor transition nowadays it becomes a jumping on point for the show.

Also, me on this thread:
Today, everybody gets Karma! Just this once, Everybody gets Karma!

Last edited Oct 31, 2011 at 12:22AM EDT
Oct 30, 2011 at 11:54PM EDT
Quote

ArdentGamer wrote:

Well, Netflix, if you have it, has all of the new series stuff that has gone to DVD, and a lot of the old series stuff as well. Like I said earlier, The Green Death, Inferno, and The Daemons are personal favorites, though maybe not great introductory stories. I’d say the new series stuff is nice and accessible, so probably start at season one, two or five, since whenever there is a doctor transition nowadays it becomes a jumping on point for the show.

Also, me on this thread:
Today, everybody gets Karma! Just this once, Everybody gets Karma!

I don’t have Netflix. ;_;

If anyone else knows where I can find it, let me know. It looks like YouTube has nothing but trailers, and if BBC hosts episodes on their site, I think it may only be for a little while after they air like what [adult_swim] does. Also, which series had the “don’t let me eat pears!” scene? I’ve seen it floating around lately, and I’m wondering if it’s at a jumping-on point because it’s a funny scene and it really piqued my interest in the show. Also, this:

Oct 31, 2011 at 11:53AM EDT
Quote

The 10th Doctor: Best Doctor
Rose Tyler: Best companion
The Master: Best villain
’nuff said.

Oct 31, 2011 at 12:48PM EDT
Quote

This thread will be my sanctuary from all the people I know IRL who like Torchwood better.

Oct 31, 2011 at 01:07PM EDT
Quote

Captain Badass wrote:

This thread will be my sanctuary from all the people I know IRL who like Torchwood better.

But

Torchwood sucks.

No-one can actually prefer it can they? My god…

Oct 31, 2011 at 01:14PM EDT
Quote

Drpepperfan #1 Fan Of Osaka wrote:

But

Torchwood sucks.

No-one can actually prefer it can they? My god…

They just like Torchwood because of this guy:

Last edited Oct 31, 2011 at 02:57PM EDT
Oct 31, 2011 at 02:57PM EDT
Quote

God, I know. What really puzzles me though, having watched a fair amount of Torchwood myself (Two seasoons) is that people apparently like Ianto. The show itself is… decent. When it’s good it’s good, but otherwise it can really suck.

Oct 31, 2011 at 03:56PM EDT
Quote

Jackal Lantern wrote:

I don’t have Netflix. ;_;

If anyone else knows where I can find it, let me know. It looks like YouTube has nothing but trailers, and if BBC hosts episodes on their site, I think it may only be for a little while after they air like what [adult_swim] does. Also, which series had the “don’t let me eat pears!” scene? I’ve seen it floating around lately, and I’m wondering if it’s at a jumping-on point because it’s a funny scene and it really piqued my interest in the show. Also, this:

Ah the pears…I’m pretty sure that’s where the Doctor leaves instructions for his companion, martha, as he’s going to forget who he is for a while (not a spoiler). I remember it was a two part episode set in WW1 with Scarecrows.

That was one o f my favourites. Especially the monologue at the end…

As I started watching Dr.Who with Christopher Eccleston, I can’t really say much on previous doctors, but David Tennant has always been brilliant for me.

EDIT: The family of blood is the episode name, I’m sure

Last edited Oct 31, 2011 at 04:37PM EDT
Oct 31, 2011 at 04:31PM EDT
Quote

This.

THE DALEKS SHALL EXTERMINATE ANY FILTHY VERMINOUS SPECIES THAT DOES NOT PARTY AS HARD AS WE DO.

Nov 01, 2011 at 05:08PM EDT
Quote

Patrick wrote:

Saw this, and knew I had to post it:




Enjoy.

Wow, Jackie is slightly less annoying somehow. I’m impressed.

@Logic Hah, nice image. It’s from one of the later episodes of “The chase”, right? Man, that story was pretty awesome, if only for the part where Frankenstein’s Monster picks up a Dalek and then just slams it down on the ground. Of course, it was really incoherent as well…

Last edited Nov 02, 2011 at 07:10AM EDT
Nov 02, 2011 at 07:06AM EDT
Quote

Imma leave this here. Its been trending on the Youtubes so here it is for this thread’s enjoyment:



Nov 02, 2011 at 08:40AM EDT
Quote

I have a special request. A very special request.

If someone can make a gif of the Ood dancing for me, I will send you all the internets.

Nov 04, 2011 at 11:46AM EDT
Quote

Doctor Who is annoying, because it never lasts long enough. After a few weeks it just ends with a cliffhanger, and says that the doctor will be back next Christmas. Why can’t he just have a long, good series?!

Nov 04, 2011 at 12:47PM EDT
Quote

Patrick wrote:

Saw this, and knew I had to post it:




Enjoy.

Reminds me of this:

Now you cannot unsee it.

Nov 04, 2011 at 01:03PM EDT
Quote

dancing ood, haha

Nov 07, 2011 at 11:12PM EST
Quote
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Namaste! You must login or signup first!