Forums / Discussion / General

170,360 total conversations in 5,458 threads

+ New Thread

Locked Locked
KYM Pony General III: This time, it's personal

Last posted Dec 15, 2011 at 11:43AM EST. Added Nov 01, 2011 at 07:41PM EDT
9915 posts from 105 users

@Ric
Well that was pretty damn decent for paint, already a great improvement over the last one, just keep at it.
@ Connor
Nope, textboxes are a-ok on my end.
@Doc Greg
You think that’s bad?
FEAR CHRISTIAN BALE POLISH APPLEJACK, FEAR HER!

Joking aside: Holy damn dubbers! What is with that rainbow dash v.a.? That’s much worse than Apple “Eight Packs a Day” Jack.

Nov 22, 2011 at 12:34AM EST

Meh, I think the dub wasn’t too bad, just a bit odd.

Oh, sorry I haven’t posted in a while: college work has kept me busy for the most part and I’m not sure if I’ll be able to do much, even with this week off.

Nov 22, 2011 at 12:56AM EST

nukefire wrote:

@Ric
Well that was pretty damn decent for paint, already a great improvement over the last one, just keep at it.
@ Connor
@Doc Greg
You think that’s bad?

Joking aside: Holy damn dubbers! What is with that rainbow dash v.a.? That’s much worse than Apple “Eight Packs a Day” Jack.

I’d like to kill that voice actor with fire.

Truefax.

I would willingly take that person’s life.

Nov 22, 2011 at 12:57AM EST

8 packs is an understatement

Nov 22, 2011 at 01:04AM EST

I just stopped by to induce whiplash.

Because I care.

But mostly because I don’t want to go to sleep yet.

Last edited Nov 22, 2011 at 02:43AM EST
Nov 22, 2011 at 02:42AM EST

nukefire wrote:

@Ric
@ Connor
@Doc Greg
You think that’s bad?

Hahaha! Wonderful! Now I want to watch the series in Polish.

Reminds me of the time I watched Yu-Gi-Oh in French and Robin Hood: Men in tights in German. Sometimes foreign accents make everything 200% funnier.

Also makes me wonder if the Polish watch the English version and think the English speaking Ponies sound ridiculous.

Nov 22, 2011 at 02:45AM EST

Oh see now this is interesting. It sounds to me like there are about two voice actors for this.

@Verbose: whiplash induced successfully.

Nov 22, 2011 at 02:50AM EST

opspe wrote:

Oh see now this is interesting. It sounds to me like there are about two voice actors for this.

@Verbose: whiplash induced successfully.

I know Arabic actually.

I dare not to watch that video.

Nov 22, 2011 at 03:39AM EST

Oh don’t worry, the voices in that video are not that bad.

It’s interesting because I cannot seem to tell the voices apart. It’s like the Mentally Advanced Series done by an Arabic woman.

Nov 22, 2011 at 03:44AM EST

Just finished this one. RandomMan needs contracts.

And I’m out. Good night.

Last edited Nov 22, 2011 at 06:10AM EST
Nov 22, 2011 at 06:09AM EST

The Cute Master :3 wrote:

Just updated the Derpy and DJ-Pon3 entries a little. Lemme know what you think.

I added comments with my suggestions, good job BTW!

Nov 22, 2011 at 09:05AM EST

FlutterJuice wrote:

I wish Octavia had a canon story line.

Nov 22, 2011 at 02:27PM EST

Spent today playing Batman: Arkham Asylum and Sonic Generations and now I’m getting my pony fix while listening to deadmau5. Could this day get any better?

Nov 22, 2011 at 05:10PM EST

nukefire wrote:

@Ric
@ Connor
@Doc Greg
You think that’s bad?

Thank you pony, I got more confidence in myself thanks to you all to make more drawings of poniez.

Nov 22, 2011 at 05:11PM EST

FlutterJuice wrote:

I wish Octavia had a canon story line.

You do realize that would mean destroying every ounce of fanon created thus far, I’m pretty sure you mean you want Studio B to write, record, and animate whatever certain fans tell them to do. And I’m sorry, but no, that would be awful.

If the fanon junkies would swallow their stubborn pride and actually allow Studio B creative liberties instead of criticizing them for every decision that doesn’t coincide with a non-canon theory that was created months or even years later, then it would work.

Nov 22, 2011 at 05:52PM EST

Gigatoast wrote:

You do realize that would mean destroying every ounce of fanon created thus far, I’m pretty sure you mean you want Studio B to write, record, and animate whatever certain fans tell them to do. And I’m sorry, but no, that would be awful.

If the fanon junkies would swallow their stubborn pride and actually allow Studio B creative liberties instead of criticizing them for every decision that doesn’t coincide with a non-canon theory that was created months or even years later, then it would work.

ಠ_ಠ

I think it’s been well established by luna eclipsed and the soon to be canon of equestria’s history that Studio B won’t let fanon tell them what to do. And as far as I can tell, everyone seems okay with the canon despite the fact that it steps on the fanon’s metaphorical shoes.

Nov 22, 2011 at 06:06PM EST

Gigatoast wrote:

Oh, Gigatoast, it’s like you’re a troll, except that you aren’t.

Nov 22, 2011 at 06:07PM EST

Quick question for those of drinking age( or teens that drink I guess), Do you guys ever feel a little nervous about getting buzzed( or wasted) because you might accidentally mention you love MLP? For me, thats honestly a concern and I make damn sure that I only get a slight buzz.

Nov 22, 2011 at 06:18PM EST

Dac wrote:

Quick question for those of drinking age( or teens that drink I guess), Do you guys ever feel a little nervous about getting buzzed( or wasted) because you might accidentally mention you love MLP? For me, thats honestly a concern and I make damn sure that I only get a slight buzz.

No.

Last year I lived with a guy who was a stabled (i.e. closeted) brony, and I only knew about it because he would get drunk and forget to shut the door when he was watching the show. I think he was embarrassed about it at first but once it got out he stopped caring. Honestly it doesn’t matter that much; if your friends avoid you after finding out then they weren’t your friends anyways.

Nov 22, 2011 at 06:31PM EST

So…many…confessions…

I couldn’t…make…a funny or a agreeable comment…on all of them…to get…karmas…
There were…just..too..many…

Last edited Nov 22, 2011 at 06:51PM EST
Nov 22, 2011 at 06:49PM EST

Ideological the Vinyl Scratch wrote:

knock knock knock Everypony. knock knock knock Everypony. knock knock knock Everypony.

Nov 22, 2011 at 06:59PM EST

opspe wrote:

No.

Last year I lived with a guy who was a stabled (i.e. closeted) brony, and I only knew about it because he would get drunk and forget to shut the door when he was watching the show. I think he was embarrassed about it at first but once it got out he stopped caring. Honestly it doesn’t matter that much; if your friends avoid you after finding out then they weren’t your friends anyways.

My friends know that I love all kinds of cartoons. Its just in a public area I rather not go on about pinkie pie, but I agree with you, I should be less concerned.

On another topic, I’ve been wanting to do shrooms lately just to hallucinate about ponies! Don’t get me wrong, Im not a junkie. I’ve only done ecstasy, weed, and shrooms, but It would be pretty neat i guess.
I’m sure thats not most of your guys thing, and I completely respect that and applaud you for being above the influence. Just don’t think of me as any less of a person because of it.

Nov 22, 2011 at 07:00PM EST

If you’re going to be that way then fine!

Nov 22, 2011 at 07:05PM EST

Is it just me, or is this thread progressing in slow motion today? I know we were supposed to slow it down a bit, but this might be taking it a little far.

dac-attack!!! wrote:

Quick question for those of drinking age( or teens that drink I guess), Do you guys ever feel a little nervous about getting buzzed( or wasted) because you might accidentally mention you love MLP? For me, thats honestly a concern and I make damn sure that I only get a slight buzz

I’ve had those fears before. It almost happened once when I got drunk and fell asleep with SynchTube looping MLP all night long. I was just lucky that I left my headphones plugged in, otherwise all of my neighbours would have found out (Protip: don’t drink whiskey). I’ve also feared the opposite: that I’ll reveal my IRL name on the internet. I’m sure some trolls would pay dearly to find the IRL names of bronies.

Nov 22, 2011 at 07:55PM EST

Yeah, thread is slow today. I’ve been lurking but not posting. Maximum time we’ve reached between posts is 5 hours or so. Im busy drawing stuff, actually a ton of stuff at once. So I’ve personally haven’t been posting.
I got a ton of stuff, kinda overwhelming, so its all slow.

Last edited Nov 22, 2011 at 08:05PM EST
Nov 22, 2011 at 08:04PM EST

knock knock knock Everypony. knock knock knock Everypony. knock knock knock Everypony.

Nov 22, 2011 at 08:09PM EST

Here’s something. I have a request for any artistic bronies in the thread.

Nyeeeeeeesss? :D

Nov 22, 2011 at 08:10PM EST

Honestly, I feel like having a synchtube party again. Those are always enjoyable. Also, I’m busy lurking.

Last edited Nov 22, 2011 at 08:11PM EST
Nov 22, 2011 at 08:11PM EST

Dac wrote:

I don’t drink, 15 lol, but i randomly get wasted at school just zoning out. This happened in english class one day and I divulged a large portion of my headcanon to my skeptic friend and the 8 people sitting near me. The only thing that really got them was that I said RD was a lesbian. I will talk about ponies to anyone, I’m just someone who doesn’t care about self image (or rather what people think of me).

Nov 22, 2011 at 08:11PM EST

@Gigatoast
Are you the one who likes Screwball?
Anyway…

And now for shipping :3

Nov 22, 2011 at 08:17PM EST

Hey, I don’t mind if the thread’s a bit slow today, I have a ton of work.

@Algy: what was it, about 500 mL of whisky you said? lol that’ll do it

@Ideo: how’s the song?

Nov 22, 2011 at 08:18PM EST

Gigatoast wrote:

Nyeeeeeeesss? :D

Wow, you have good hearing. Anyways, I’m working on a Yuletide song based on Hearth’s Warming Eve. It’s going to focus on Octavia being alone during the night/holiday. I was wondering if you could possibly make an album cover for it.

@opspe: Have yet to work on the second part but I think it’s going well.

@Random: Friends don’t scare the horseapples out of friends

Last edited Nov 22, 2011 at 08:25PM EST
Nov 22, 2011 at 08:19PM EST

Dac wrote:

Im drinking age, so Im drinking. A lot. And its usually something strong. 40% or more (whiskey, rum, vodka)
-
375ml (13 fl oz) of Vodka @ 40% and im still standing on my feet. The things I have done and the things I’ve said while drunk are extreme, offensive and illigal.
-
When I solo finished 13 fl oz of Vodka I was at an amusement park here in Toronto, Canada. I managed to do bungee jumping, and a bunch of other extreme stuff while intoxicated (btw, all that shift feels even more awesome if ur drunk).
-
The stuff I said while drunk, including my love for MLP, and um… other stuff that should never be said, and no one cares, everyone forgot and forgiven anyway. No one brings it up and yet just 5 hours later we talk as if nothing happened. People say stuff when they are drunk, I talk too much when im drunk. It doesn’t matter.
-
Now if u will excuse me Im gonna go wait for May, so that the amusment park opens up again, I can solo another bottle of vodka and go bungee jumping.
-
edit: ill be the new Verbose with walls of text. But then again, i can always talk a lot about alcohol.

Last edited Nov 22, 2011 at 08:29PM EST
Nov 22, 2011 at 08:28PM EST

Wow, you have good hearing. Anyways, I’m working on a Yuletide song based on Hearth’s Warming Eve. It’s going to focus on Octavia being alone during the night/holiday. I was wondering if you could possibly make an album cover for it.

@opspe: Have yet to work on the second part but I think it’s going well.

@Random: Friends don’t scare the horseapples out of friends

Hmmm, I’ll look into it. I need to get back into the drawing game anyway, confound you Skyrim! But if I can’t help you I’m pretty sure Muumi would be willing to give it a go.

@Connor the 20% Cooler
Ha! Offer one hand but arm the other, I like you Shepard!

Nov 22, 2011 at 08:29PM EST

Gigatoast wrote:

Hmmm, I’ll look into it. I need to get back into the drawing game anyway, confound you Skyrim! But if I can’t help you I’m pretty sure Muumi would be willing to give it a go.

@Connor the 20% Cooler

Okay. This is what I love about this thread. Everypony is willing to help each other out.

Nov 22, 2011 at 08:32PM EST

CitationNeeded wrote:

I F**KING TOLD YOU.

IT KEEPS HAPPENING
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

It’s only a matter of time…until they make some sort of kinky/perverted/gross fanfic that will make RD a dominatrix…..

Nov 22, 2011 at 08:34PM EST

Gigatoast wrote:

@Connor the 20% Cooler

I can’t brain today, I have the dumb…

This is why we can’t have nice things…

@Ric
I would guess that there is already one out there… Lemme check, brb

Last edited Nov 22, 2011 at 08:40PM EST
Nov 22, 2011 at 08:36PM EST

Erin the Furry wrote:

I can’t brain today, I have the dumb…

This is why we can’t have nice things…

@Ric
I would guess that there is already one out there… Lemme check, brb

Anons are asshats.

Nov 22, 2011 at 08:41PM EST

Dac wrote:

Well, I don’t drink and don’t really have a desire to, so not really. I do wonder if someone will bother me if they saw my Celestia wallpaper on my phone, but since the screen is so small, I’d doubt they’d notice it unless they were about two feet away from it.

As for the hallucinations, I don’t think I like ponies that much. I only dreamed about ponies when I first started watching, and that was twice. It was a scenario where I wasn’t involved: much like me watching an episode. And I like FiM as it is. I don’t really care to alter it too much (aside from the creepy and sad. Things get a little creepy and sad in the show, but I’m comfortable with art that takes it a bit further.

And since I’ve had this reply tab up for a while now, forgive me if this is off-topic now. I’ve been playing Skyward Sword, and…well, priorities, man…

Nov 22, 2011 at 08:45PM EST

Okay. This is what I love about this thread. Everypony is willing to help each other out.

Can I hear the first part of the song? I might be able to give you a hand with the second part (if you want). You know, just for something to do to distract me from school.

@Giga: what do you use for your art?

Nov 22, 2011 at 08:49PM EST

Ric Tesla wrote:

It’s only a matter of time…until they make some sort of kinky/perverted/gross fanfic that will make RD a dominatrix…..

There’s plenty of Fluttershy… So much Fluttershy…

(Me gusta esa foto.)

Nov 22, 2011 at 08:50PM EST
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

This thread was locked by an administrator.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Sup! You must login or signup first!