Forums / Discussion / General

171,583 total conversations in 5,627 threads

+ New Thread


Locked Locked
KYM Pony General III: This time, it's personal

Last posted Dec 15, 2011 at 11:43AM EST. Added Nov 01, 2011 at 07:41PM EDT
9915 posts from 105 users

Dr. Gregory Horse The Pony Medic wrote:

Eyuck, me either. Fan names sounds better, and Hasbro would be loved forever if used them on they’re toys.
__________________________________________________________________________________

On an unrelated topic, do you guys think I’m a spammer?

If you’re a spammer, this thread is filled with spambots.

Seriously, with the activity I see some others have here, you’re only holding back.

Edit: Checked your profile. I can see you received feedback on your activity. If you want to hold back with the images you post here, that shouldn’t be so hard, only answer posts you’re interested in. Or was it related to your image uploads on the main article? I couldn’t really tell, as your image uploads are the highest. May I ask where these complaints were posted?

Last edited Nov 02, 2011 at 10:55PM EDT
Nov 02, 2011 at 10:50PM EDT
Quote

Ashki wrote:

I’m okay with this, and Berry is lucky they didn’t call her Berrity due to the fact that they’re using the Rarity model for that pony.

Also, it wouldn’t be the first time multiple ponies have the same cutie mark, so that Berryshine Unicorn could work.

But they murder, like humans; therefore they are unfit to walk on Equestrian soil unless they are turned into ponies. (BTW: DO NOT WANT ape ponies!!!)

ಠ_ಠ, you say that as if all humans murder.

It is in our species’ biology to murder their foes, damn genetics.

That is why I want to be pony, I would give up all meat cold turkey (u see wat i did thar?) to go live in Equestria.

Last edited Nov 02, 2011 at 10:55PM EDT
Nov 02, 2011 at 10:53PM EDT
Quote

RandomMan wrote:

If you’re a spammer, this thread is filled with spambots.

Seriously, with the activity I see some others have here, you’re only holding back.

Edit: Checked your profile. I can see you received feedback on your activity. If you want to hold back with the images you post here, that shouldn’t be so hard, only answer posts you’re interested in. Or was it related to your image uploads on the main article? I couldn’t really tell, as your image uploads are the highest. May I ask where these complaints were posted?

What is this spamming you speak of?

Nov 02, 2011 at 10:55PM EDT
Quote

RandomMan wrote:

If you’re a spammer, this thread is filled with spambots.

Seriously, with the activity I see some others have here, you’re only holding back.

Edit: Checked your profile. I can see you received feedback on your activity. If you want to hold back with the images you post here, that shouldn’t be so hard, only answer posts you’re interested in. Or was it related to your image uploads on the main article? I couldn’t really tell, as your image uploads are the highest. May I ask where these complaints were posted?

No, I mean on the MLP entry.

It’s because someone posted on my profile saing that the bronies here are tired of my images posts and I should hold back. I know I post lots of pics, but in this whole time anyone ever complained so I thought “Ok, people like what I post, so I’ll keep posting and make them happy”.

If it’s true, then sorry about it. Maybe I’m really taking all the space from other posters.

And yeah Random, ask please. I hate when people hide feelings from me.

Last edited Nov 02, 2011 at 11:04PM EDT
Nov 02, 2011 at 11:00PM EDT
Quote

Still Erin wrote:

It is in our species’ biology to murder their foes, damn genetics.

That is why I want to be pony, I would give up all meat cold turkey (u see wat i did thar?) to go live in Equestria.

You maybe, me, lol no, I couldn’t, on two accounts, I need mah meat and well, unless I’d be a Unicorn, my thumbs, I like having my thumbs.

Nov 02, 2011 at 11:00PM EDT
Quote

Dr. Gregory Horse The Pony Medic wrote:

No, I mean on the MLP entry.

It’s because someone posted on my profile saing that the bronies here are tired of my images posts and I should hold back. I know I post lots of pics, but in this whole time anyone ever complained so I thought “Ok, people like what I post, so I’ll keep posting and make them happy”.

If it’s true, then sorry about it. Maybe I’m really taking all the space from other posters.

And yeah Random, ask please. I hate when people hide feelings from me.

ಠ_ಠ Wasn’t that Nintendork64, and wasn’t he a pony hater or such at one point? If so, yeah, not legit.

Nov 02, 2011 at 11:02PM EDT
Quote

Dr. Gregory Horse The Pony Medic wrote:

No, I mean on the MLP entry.

It’s because someone posted on my profile saing that the bronies here are tired of my images posts and I should hold back. I know I post lots of pics, but in this whole time anyone ever complained so I thought “Ok, people like what I post, so I’ll keep posting and make them happy”.

If it’s true, then sorry about it. Maybe I’m really taking all the space from other posters.

And yeah Random, ask please. I hate when people hide feelings from me.

Disregard newfag, acquire pics. He really has no seniority over you, he’s just a commentator. If anypony else (like a mod or your friends) tell you to stop than maybe you should consider it. Untill then: POST PONIES!!!

@Dr. Ray
Thumbs? Where we’re going we won’t need thumbs.

Nov 02, 2011 at 11:04PM EDT
Quote

Still Erin wrote:

Disregard newfag, acquire pics. He really has no seniority over you, he’s just a commentator. If anypony else (like a mod or your friends) tell you to stop than maybe you should consider it. Untill then: POST PONIES!!!

@Dr. Ray
Thumbs? Where we’re going we won’t need thumbs.

Yeah, maybe if you’re a unicorn since they can use their magic to hold things and such, Earth Ponies and Pegesi are pretty much left out in the cold.

Nov 02, 2011 at 11:06PM EDT
Quote

Ashki wrote:

Yeah, maybe if you’re a unicorn since they can use their magic to hold things and such, Earth Ponies and Pegesi are pretty much left out in the cold.

Winter Wrap Up, watch the shovelers. When you see it… You will want to be pony.

Well guess that’s all for me tonight bronies. See you tomorrow!

Last edited Nov 02, 2011 at 11:11PM EDT
Nov 02, 2011 at 11:08PM EDT
Quote

Still Erin wrote:

Winter Wrap Up, watch the shovelers. When you see it… You will want to be pony.

Well guess that’s all for me tonight bronies. See you tomorrow!

I have, many times, trust me, I can’t get the damn song out of my head cause it’s so catchy. That being said, I’d still have to prefer Unicorn over any of the other type of ponies, but even then, probably not since I could not give up meat.

Nov 02, 2011 at 11:11PM EDT
Quote

Dr. Gregory Horse The Pony Medic wrote:

No, I mean on the MLP entry.

It’s because someone posted on my profile saing that the bronies here are tired of my images posts and I should hold back. I know I post lots of pics, but in this whole time anyone ever complained so I thought “Ok, people like what I post, so I’ll keep posting and make them happy”.

If it’s true, then sorry about it. Maybe I’m really taking all the space from other posters.

And yeah Random, ask please. I hate when people hide feelings from me.

Well, I’m “friends” with Nintendork64, and I don’t think he’d mess with a Brony just to mess with them. But I don’t know him as well as other users, so who knows for sure.

I’d say listen to RandomMan. I’d personally suggest using your own judgement in posting. If you start to worry about uploading too many images, then slow down a bit. It’s up to other users to let you know if there’s a problem. Nintendork64 is just one person only potentially speaking for other Bronies (none of which posted on his wall, and I wonder why they’d tell him anyway. I’d figure they’d tell DPF or RandomMan before Nintendork.) But either way, don’t let it get you down.

Nov 02, 2011 at 11:16PM EDT

Dr. Gregory Horse The Pony Medic wrote:

No, I mean on the MLP entry.

It’s because someone posted on my profile saing that the bronies here are tired of my images posts and I should hold back. I know I post lots of pics, but in this whole time anyone ever complained so I thought “Ok, people like what I post, so I’ll keep posting and make them happy”.

If it’s true, then sorry about it. Maybe I’m really taking all the space from other posters.

And yeah Random, ask please. I hate when people hide feelings from me.

I was actually asking you where else you received complaints. But back to topic.

We had situations before with people who were uploading images to the entry a lot. Most of the times, these people were admired. There were some uploaders who weren’t liked, but that was for various reasons.

Usually people were angry towards an image uploader in cases of reposts (the same image being posted multiple times). These people would post an image from Ponibooru, see it the next day on Ponychan, and post it again. With the current system, uploads from the same site aren’t allowed. But some sites change the code with an image (For example: Deviantart and Ponibooru). This causes reposts without the uploader knowing. People are annoyed by this as it only takes space.

Another reason was the quality of the uploads. Some users had a period of uploading a lot of image macros and screencaps. Simple images that don’t show that much original contant. Some just uploaded the same image/screencap 5 times, but each time with some small text changes or the character suddenly wore different glasses.

The last thing that caused hate were unrelated images. I don’t mean this like posting Gary Oak in the MLP entry, more like Derpy/Scratch. We have special articles for those ponies, therefore the images should be posted there. Often images contain both derpy and the main cast, it’s free choice there.

Maybe you can see some of your image uploads back in one of these reasons. If so, you should be wise enough to find a solution yourself. We don’t ask you to post less, people love the image section of the article. Just look at the content you post. If you believe it’s a repost or just a dumb image, don’t post it.

I think you also read somewhere how MLP always takes top trending in different sections of the image section. That isn’t related to you, but just the community. If someone else would’ve posted the same image instead of you, the result would just be the same.

Nov 02, 2011 at 11:17PM EDT
Quote

Dr. Gregory Horse The Pony Medic wrote:

No, I mean on the MLP entry.

It’s because someone posted on my profile saing that the bronies here are tired of my images posts and I should hold back. I know I post lots of pics, but in this whole time anyone ever complained so I thought “Ok, people like what I post, so I’ll keep posting and make them happy”.

If it’s true, then sorry about it. Maybe I’m really taking all the space from other posters.

And yeah Random, ask please. I hate when people hide feelings from me.

They have no idea what the hell they are talking about. You’re contributing. They can deal with it.

The person in question is not credible. If DPfan or somebody asked you to tone it down, then maybe it’d be legit.

But just some random joker? Don’t worry about it.

Last edited Nov 02, 2011 at 11:30PM EDT
Nov 02, 2011 at 11:18PM EDT
Quote

Dr. Gregory Horse The Pony Medic wrote:

No, I mean on the MLP entry.

It’s because someone posted on my profile saing that the bronies here are tired of my images posts and I should hold back. I know I post lots of pics, but in this whole time anyone ever complained so I thought “Ok, people like what I post, so I’ll keep posting and make them happy”.

If it’s true, then sorry about it. Maybe I’m really taking all the space from other posters.

And yeah Random, ask please. I hate when people hide feelings from me.

damn that sucks… somepony be hating.

Nov 02, 2011 at 11:23PM EDT
Quote

People please, don’t start bashing others. Nintendork often joins the KYM Brony Brotherhood steamchat, just because it’s a fun chat. He has shown interest in the show and the fandom there multiple times. He wants to share in it, but it simply doesn’t appeal to him, and I respect that.

I’m guessing he received the “complaints” there, but I can’t say that with 100% certaincy. Like his comment says, “he has been informed”, therefore it’s not his own opinion (not fully at least).

Last edited Nov 02, 2011 at 11:33PM EDT
Nov 02, 2011 at 11:31PM EDT
Quote

RandomMan wrote:

People please, don’t start bashing others. Nintendork often joins the KYM Brony Brotherhood steamchat, just because it’s a fun chat. He has shown interest in the show and the fandom there multiple times. He wants to share in it, but it simply doesn’t appeal to him, and I respect that.

I’m guessing he received the “complaints” there, but I can’t say that with 100% certaincy. Like his comment says, “he has been informed”, therefore it’s not his own opinion (not fully at least).

ok guy.

Nov 02, 2011 at 11:35PM EDT
Quote

Godzillan wrote:

pony


Seriously? Pony?
are you a troll or something?
@Owens the Deranged
You won the game. XD

Last edited Nov 02, 2011 at 11:52PM EDT
Nov 02, 2011 at 11:36PM EDT
Quote

Godzillan wrote:

pony

Quite.

You’re close to what we do here on the infamous Pony Thread. However, you’ll need to add a little something else to “pony.”

Like this (Stand back, yo.):
-
I can imagine that Stalkerloo is an slightly older version of Scootaloo with some issue with personal development. Like continuing to idolize Rainbow Dash or being rewarded unevenly with returns from eavesdropping or something. Still she has those qualities that I like about canon filly Scootaloo. Confident, wild but innocent, and just all around awesome. But there’s a bit of creepy with it now too.

Nov 02, 2011 at 11:43PM EDT

Wow. Thanks guys.

I got a little worried (ok, a lot worried) about this, but after seeing some comments on my pics, I calmed down a bit and realised I just got insecure. Sometimes trolls can hit me with my guard down and that’s what just happened.

And Random and Verbose, my criteria for posting is just anything worthy of posting. My pics don’t follow any of those patterns Random presented. So if I find it nice, see it’s never been uploaded and think everyone else will appreciate too (what happens in 99% of the cases), I just put it in the entry.

And Owens, thanks for pointing that out. That’s my way of contribuiting to this fandom. I’m not a drawer, a producer or a writer. So what can I do? Help spread it out. Simple as that.

Anyway, it’s a relief knowing it was nothing. Thank you guys, you rock!

Last edited Nov 02, 2011 at 11:45PM EDT
Nov 02, 2011 at 11:43PM EDT
Quote

Verbose wrote:

Quite.

You’re close to what we do here on the infamous Pony Thread. However, you’ll need to add a little something else to “pony.”

Like this (Stand back, yo.):
-
I can imagine that Stalkerloo is an slightly older version of Scootaloo with some issue with personal development. Like continuing to idolize Rainbow Dash or being rewarded unevenly with returns from eavesdropping or something. Still she has those qualities that I like about canon filly Scootaloo. Confident, wild but innocent, and just all around awesome. But there’s a bit of creepy with it now too.

Does crookedtrees do the art for that Tumblr too? It looks pretty similar.

EDIT: Ah, never mind. I’ve gone and answered my own question, simply by poking around.

Last edited Nov 02, 2011 at 11:54PM EDT
Nov 02, 2011 at 11:49PM EDT
Quote

Sorry to drag the blindbag things back up, but I can see why they didn’t use the name Carrot Top.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carrot_Top

Not sure about the rest of the ponies, but naming this one would definitely have caused problems I think.

Nov 03, 2011 at 12:13AM EDT
Quote

Hey guys, just browsing and saw that you were talking about image uploads.

I would like to iterate that although a ton of images are uploaded to the site on a daily basis, more is better than less, as far as the admins and many of the mods are concerned. The uploads don’t take up enough room for any of the admins to be concerned about it.

Just be sure to check to make sure you aren’t uploading a duplicate by looking at the other recently submitted images and to upload quality pictures, not just every random thing, a rule you all seem to be following quite well already.

Oh, and if you see anything inappropriate in the gallery, bring it up to myself or another entry mod and we will remove it from the entry. It’s great when we are aware of these things because it’s hard to patrol everything.

Happy posting.

Last edited Nov 03, 2011 at 12:24AM EDT
Nov 03, 2011 at 12:23AM EDT
Quote

Chris wrote:

Hey guys, just browsing and saw that you were talking about image uploads.

I would like to iterate that although a ton of images are uploaded to the site on a daily basis, more is better than less, as far as the admins and many of the mods are concerned. The uploads don’t take up enough room for any of the admins to be concerned about it.

Just be sure to check to make sure you aren’t uploading a duplicate by looking at the other recently submitted images and to upload quality pictures, not just every random thing, a rule you all seem to be following quite well already.

Oh, and if you see anything inappropriate in the gallery, bring it up to myself or another entry mod and we will remove it from the entry. It’s great when we are aware of these things because it’s hard to patrol everything.

Happy posting.

Straight from the pony…I mean the moderators mouth. Thanks man!

Nov 03, 2011 at 12:26AM EDT
Quote

Ashki wrote:

Sorry to drag the blindbag things back up, but I can see why they didn’t use the name Carrot Top.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carrot_Top

Not sure about the rest of the ponies, but naming this one would definitely have caused problems I think.

Yeah, definitely. I always thought that’s what we were referencing anyways, although I think “carrot top” is just a general term for a ginger.

Nov 03, 2011 at 12:31AM EDT
Quote

Owens wrote:

Yeah, definitely. I always thought that’s what we were referencing anyways, although I think “carrot top” is just a general term for a ginger.

Yeah, I think it is, but eyup, I think that’s the reason she is not named that. Now, as I mentioned, not sure what’s up with the other names, but personally, I don’t think it’s as big a deal as it’s being made out to be, but that’s just mah opinion on the matter.

Nov 03, 2011 at 12:33AM EDT
Quote

Speaking of Nintendork64:

I think he’s in the same vein as Daniel Vasquez and Anti-Troll. He doesn’t like the show but hangs out because he thinks the meme is funny at least.

He helped me with those “Meet The Brony” comics so I can’t stay mad at him! :)

Nov 03, 2011 at 12:40AM EDT
Quote

Ashki wrote:

Sorry to drag the blindbag things back up, but I can see why they didn’t use the name Carrot Top.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carrot_Top

Not sure about the rest of the ponies, but naming this one would definitely have caused problems I think.

I’ve forgotten all about the comedian. But you’re right, Dr. Stantz. Kinda like how I forgot about the Twilight book series.


Also, I think I’m right at the Conversationalist threshold finally. But there’s been something on my mind related to Pony and my own friendship. I guess it’s fitting to make that one of my last Commentator posts.

I think I like Twilight so much, in part because she is an adorable dork. But probably mostly because she reminds me of a close friend I used to have a long time before FiM and after I became a Brony. And for a little bit afterwards…

I won’t explain the situation, suffice it to say I was too cold.


But if I could write to a Princess Celestia (or just to you guys with your own friends, so you can get something from it,)

I would say that I learned to always treat your friends with respect. It takes a lot of effort and emotion to make a friendship worth it’s salt work. Not only from you, but from your friend as well. Even if you’re willing to end a friendship, you should be respectful in the way that you do so. We shared a lot of really good times together,

and I really didn’t do those times justice in the end.

~Your faithful teal deer,
Verbose


Also, don’t upvote this if you feel the need. I’d just feel guilty about it. Instead, making this Pony-related, do you guys have friends like some of the cast?

Nov 03, 2011 at 01:17AM EDT

Verbose wrote:

I’ve forgotten all about the comedian. But you’re right, Dr. Stantz. Kinda like how I forgot about the Twilight book series.


Also, I think I’m right at the Conversationalist threshold finally. But there’s been something on my mind related to Pony and my own friendship. I guess it’s fitting to make that one of my last Commentator posts.

I think I like Twilight so much, in part because she is an adorable dork. But probably mostly because she reminds me of a close friend I used to have a long time before FiM and after I became a Brony. And for a little bit afterwards…

I won’t explain the situation, suffice it to say I was too cold.


But if I could write to a Princess Celestia (or just to you guys with your own friends, so you can get something from it,)

I would say that I learned to always treat your friends with respect. It takes a lot of effort and emotion to make a friendship worth it’s salt work. Not only from you, but from your friend as well. Even if you’re willing to end a friendship, you should be respectful in the way that you do so. We shared a lot of really good times together,

and I really didn’t do those times justice in the end.

~Your faithful teal deer,
Verbose


Also, don’t upvote this if you feel the need. I’d just feel guilty about it. Instead, making this Pony-related, do you guys have friends like some of the cast?

Trust me, I try my best not to hate, but yeah, I think a lot of us all wish we could forget the Twilight books, but as I said, I’m not going to hate, Patterson said he did it for the money, and honestly, who can blame him?

As for your question, sadly, no IRL friends, so sadly, no.

Okay, I think it’s time for me to be off for the night. See you all later!

Last edited Nov 03, 2011 at 01:35AM EDT
Nov 03, 2011 at 01:34AM EDT
Quote

Verbose wrote:

I’ve forgotten all about the comedian. But you’re right, Dr. Stantz. Kinda like how I forgot about the Twilight book series.


Also, I think I’m right at the Conversationalist threshold finally. But there’s been something on my mind related to Pony and my own friendship. I guess it’s fitting to make that one of my last Commentator posts.

I think I like Twilight so much, in part because she is an adorable dork. But probably mostly because she reminds me of a close friend I used to have a long time before FiM and after I became a Brony. And for a little bit afterwards…

I won’t explain the situation, suffice it to say I was too cold.


But if I could write to a Princess Celestia (or just to you guys with your own friends, so you can get something from it,)

I would say that I learned to always treat your friends with respect. It takes a lot of effort and emotion to make a friendship worth it’s salt work. Not only from you, but from your friend as well. Even if you’re willing to end a friendship, you should be respectful in the way that you do so. We shared a lot of really good times together,

and I really didn’t do those times justice in the end.

~Your faithful teal deer,
Verbose


Also, don’t upvote this if you feel the need. I’d just feel guilty about it. Instead, making this Pony-related, do you guys have friends like some of the cast?

I love seeing insightful posts like this, even though I seldom have anything insightful to say myself.

Anyways, I only wish I had the kinds of friends that these ponies represent. Its a tough world we live in, and genuine people are hard to come by. The few friends I have left are good people, and I value them, but our friendship isn’t the sort of bond that the ponies have.

That’s something truly special, and its very difficult to get a hold of that kind of friendship.

Nov 03, 2011 at 01:41AM EDT
Quote

Owens wrote:

I love seeing insightful posts like this, even though I seldom have anything insightful to say myself.

Anyways, I only wish I had the kinds of friends that these ponies represent. Its a tough world we live in, and genuine people are hard to come by. The few friends I have left are good people, and I value them, but our friendship isn’t the sort of bond that the ponies have.

That’s something truly special, and its very difficult to get a hold of that kind of friendship.

Thanks. I don’t know if I’m all that “insightful.” But whatever I am and say is mostly a product of the people I’ve been around. You guys included.
 
Friendship is hard to come by. I’ve certainly been fortunate to meet some really decent people in my life. Sometimes just having a person nearby to make you laugh and will at least hesitate to backstab you is enough to get by. And there’s nothing wrong with that.
 
I’ve read online a few times that it’s strange that Bronies take the messages of the show to heart as teens and adults. But I’ve always thought it was strange that when people get to be adults, we think that the morals and stuff we learned when we were younger somehow become outdated or too simple. I think some values and morals shouldn’t change just because they get harder to uphold.

I present to you some real-life d’aww.

Last edited Nov 03, 2011 at 02:00AM EDT
Nov 03, 2011 at 01:58AM EDT

Verbose wrote:

Thanks. I don’t know if I’m all that “insightful.” But whatever I am and say is mostly a product of the people I’ve been around. You guys included.
 
Friendship is hard to come by. I’ve certainly been fortunate to meet some really decent people in my life. Sometimes just having a person nearby to make you laugh and will at least hesitate to backstab you is enough to get by. And there’s nothing wrong with that.
 
I’ve read online a few times that it’s strange that Bronies take the messages of the show to heart as teens and adults. But I’ve always thought it was strange that when people get to be adults, we think that the morals and stuff we learned when we were younger somehow become outdated or too simple. I think some values and morals shouldn’t change just because they get harder to uphold.

I present to you some real-life d’aww.

Its a great thing that the show has had such a profound impact on its fan base. It rekindles that thing we had in our belly when we younger. That thing we’d long forgotten, because we feel like the world doesn’t work that way, when it should.

It takes an idea, and it makes us scratch our heads, and wonder why we stopped valuing friendship as much as we really should.

It makes us feel fuzzy inside.


Also, consarn it, I just realized something: I can’t enter the Steam KYM Brony Brotherhood chat room because my Steam account is new, and I haven’t made a purchase. You’re killin’ me, Valve. I understand you’re trying to protect your customers against spammers and abusers, but you’re killin’ me.

Last edited Nov 03, 2011 at 02:20AM EDT
Nov 03, 2011 at 02:12AM EDT
Quote

Oh my god, you’ve actually made it eleven pages into a completely new thread, how long was I gone?

Nov 03, 2011 at 03:07AM EDT
Quote

Gigatoast wrote:

Oh my god, you’ve actually made it eleven pages into a completely new thread, how long was I gone?

Too long, Giga. Too long.

Its good to have you back.

Nov 03, 2011 at 03:23AM EDT
Quote

Verbose wrote:

I’ve forgotten all about the comedian. But you’re right, Dr. Stantz. Kinda like how I forgot about the Twilight book series.


Also, I think I’m right at the Conversationalist threshold finally. But there’s been something on my mind related to Pony and my own friendship. I guess it’s fitting to make that one of my last Commentator posts.

I think I like Twilight so much, in part because she is an adorable dork. But probably mostly because she reminds me of a close friend I used to have a long time before FiM and after I became a Brony. And for a little bit afterwards…

I won’t explain the situation, suffice it to say I was too cold.


But if I could write to a Princess Celestia (or just to you guys with your own friends, so you can get something from it,)

I would say that I learned to always treat your friends with respect. It takes a lot of effort and emotion to make a friendship worth it’s salt work. Not only from you, but from your friend as well. Even if you’re willing to end a friendship, you should be respectful in the way that you do so. We shared a lot of really good times together,

and I really didn’t do those times justice in the end.

~Your faithful teal deer,
Verbose


Also, don’t upvote this if you feel the need. I’d just feel guilty about it. Instead, making this Pony-related, do you guys have friends like some of the cast?

Some things to say. Sometimes a friendship isn’t truly gone, but needs time to rest. Even in the most severe cases sometimes all we need is time. I don’t know if you should give up hope since I don’t know what went on. But if I could make a suggestion, I would suggest that you keep that hope alive. Even a tiny spark of it. Maybe you could go find that friend and try and make things right. Of course, this is all coming from a blind perspective. Ultimately you’re best suited to judge the situation.

Edit: Oh right, on another note. I don’t really have any friends who act like the mane six. I have a friend who acts like Discord, and another friend who is some sort of mix between Twilight and Rarity. He acts like a brainiac (although he’s usually outsmarted by me and the first friend I mentioned) and he’s a bit of a drama queen.

And Gigatoast.
Welcome back, you’ve missed quite a bit. I think you’ve been gone maybe 4 or 5 days.

Last edited Nov 03, 2011 at 03:27AM EDT
Nov 03, 2011 at 03:25AM EDT
Quote

Owens wrote:

Too long, Giga. Too long.

Its good to have you back.

It’s good to be back.

I’ve had a crazy week, my Mom left me with the car and 50 bucks for the Halloweekend. Long story short the house is a mess and I’m way behind on my comic.

Nov 03, 2011 at 03:34AM EDT
Quote

Gigatoast wrote:

It’s good to be back.

I’ve had a crazy week, my Mom left me with the car and 50 bucks for the Halloweekend. Long story short the house is a mess and I’m way behind on my comic.

Yeah I was wondering where you went.

It’s best that you clean up the mess before working on that comic. There’s really no rush at all.

What page did you leave us in Pony Thread 2 might I ask?

Nov 03, 2011 at 03:56AM EDT
Quote

Gigatoast wrote:

Oh my god, you’ve actually made it eleven pages into a completely new thread, how long was I gone?

Ur back.

Never leave us.

Nov 03, 2011 at 08:42AM EDT
Quote

Blech, I’m not feeling so hot today. Thinking about maybe changing my name up a bit too.

So have we made any resolutions regarding image spam, etc.?

(How do we get those grey line thingys again? Mine aren’t working.)

Last edited Nov 03, 2011 at 08:50AM EDT
Nov 03, 2011 at 08:48AM EDT

null wrote:

Blech, I’m not feeling so hot today. Thinking about maybe changing my name up a bit too.

So have we made any resolutions regarding image spam, etc.?

(How do we get those grey line thingys again? Mine aren’t working.)

Only image spam if contacted by a mod, don’t knowingly repost or flood too much.

Three dashes or underscores makes a line I think.

Nov 03, 2011 at 09:21AM EDT
Quote

I am now called StarGazer. Figured it sounds better than my old name, plus now people can actually call me something instead of some impersonal descriptive title.

Also, it’s rumored we’ll be getting a new ep on the same day as my birthday.

BEST.
PRESENT.
EVER.

Last edited Nov 03, 2011 at 09:38AM EDT
Nov 03, 2011 at 09:38AM EDT

For some reason page 5 has been subject to lots of downvotes…unusual cause that seems to be the only one affected. Anyone fancy helping this?

Nov 03, 2011 at 10:18AM EDT
Quote

Looks like it’s thread catching up time again. Damn this timezone, everything happens while I’m asleep!
[ WARNING: Long post is long ]


Verbose wrote:

Wow, the synchtube was fun while my browser wasn’t derping. Chrome: simple interface and browsing…until it crashes. And it will crash.
But geez, that was fun. I haven’t watched a full episode in a while. Thanks for setting it up CitationNeeded. Now I can stop using abbreviations. Bleh.

I don’t know why everyone keeps having problems with Synchtube. It runs really smoothly on my laptop (except for that one time…). Good to see my idea for SynchTube party was well received. I vote we go on TF2 tonight since a few people wanted that too.


Connor the Brony wrote:

I need some Scootaloo fanfics that aren’t sad. Got any?

Well, there’s Maiden Flight, a short fic where Rainbow Dash teaches Scootaloo how to fly. There’s also Rainbows and Sunsets, which features Scootaloo, Rainbow Dash and flying lessons. Finally, there’s Transcendence, a longer fic where – you guessed it – Scootaloo gets flying lessons from Rainbow Dash. That last one’s a fair bit longer than the others, and the plot continues for a while after the lessons are complete. It may count as a sad fic (actually, thinking back, it’s almost definitely a sad fic), but I swear it’s really good.


Verbose wrote:

Also, don’t upvote this if you feel the need. I’d just feel guilty about it. Instead, making this Pony-related, do you guys have friends like some of the cast?

I wish I did, but unfortunately people who are that genuine are incredibly rare in reality. I know I’m not much like any of them. I’ve just got too much of a flawed personality. I’d be kind of like a cross between Twilight and Fluttershy, except with a whole lot of suck added to the mix.


@Gigatoast

We were wondering where you’d went, good to see you!


@StarGazer

I’m liking the name change.
Btw, the grey lines are made by starting a new line with three dashes. I always put a blank line above and below the dashes too, but I’m not sure if that would make a difference or not.

Just wondering, has anyone else been here a while but changed their names in the last month? I figured out that Dr. Gregory Horse is BronyDude11 (I think, real sorry if I’m wrong!), but I’m not sure about some of the other people here. Also, where’s SinisterSnuggles these days? (I would ask about supermonday too, but he’s been gone for ages)

Last edited Nov 03, 2011 at 10:28AM EDT
Nov 03, 2011 at 10:25AM EDT
Quote

I guess the ony problem i had with Synctube was that i was out of sync with everyone it was fun watched ponies all good

Last edited Nov 03, 2011 at 11:20AM EDT
Nov 03, 2011 at 11:19AM EDT
Quote

Drpepperfan #1 Fan Of Osaka wrote:

For some reason page 5 has been subject to lots of downvotes…unusual cause that seems to be the only one affected. Anyone fancy helping this?

Ready the Karma Tanks! We’re goin’ in.

Nov 03, 2011 at 01:18PM EDT
Quote
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

This thread was locked by an administrator.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Word Up! You must login or signup first!