KYM Pony General III: This time, it's personal

Last posted Dec 15, 2011 at 11:43AM EST. Added Nov 01, 2011 at 07:41PM EDT
9,915 conversations with 105 participants

A little question:

How did this pony get the nickname Alula and Pluto:

Edit: First page? Wow!

Last edited Nov 08, 2011 at 11:58PM EST
Nov 08, 2011 at 11:58PM EST

I’ll come back later… Tomorrow… With an ion cannon.

@Blue Yoshi
So much squee, dem eyes are azure. Me gusta azure.

Last edited Nov 08, 2011 at 11:59PM EST
Nov 08, 2011 at 11:58PM EST

Blue Yoshi wrote:

A little question:

Pluto?

Because she’s too good for the moon.

Don’t give me that look, Celestia. Its true.

Nov 09, 2011 at 12:02AM EST

Blue Yoshi wrote:

A little question:

I’m not sure how she got that name, but she’s so damn cute. HNNNNNG!!! Of course that can apply to a lot of the fillies.

Also, is the image spam still going on, cause I’m being entertained right now. Me and Luna.

Nov 09, 2011 at 12:09AM EST

I am actually contributing to this thread, my pictures are as considered spam as much as your pictures are.

If you don’t like MLP you can always leave.

Last edited Nov 09, 2011 at 12:13AM EST
Nov 09, 2011 at 12:13AM EST

Leland Zevo wrote:

I’m not sure how she got that name, but she’s so damn cute. HNNNNNG!!! Of course that can apply to a lot of the fillies.

Also, is the image spam still going on, cause I’m being entertained right now. Me and Luna.

She’s taking entirely too long to finish chewing that apple.

Swallow it, damn you!

I’m going to go to bed before I hurt myself.

Last edited Nov 09, 2011 at 12:14AM EST
Nov 09, 2011 at 12:14AM EST

Owens wrote:

She’s taking entirely too long to finish chewing that apple.

Swallow it, damn you!

I’m going to go to bed before I hurt myself.

Hey, Princess Luna knows that you need to chew your food before you swallow it, lest you wind up choking, and that would be a bad thing.

Nov 09, 2011 at 12:17AM EST

Leland Zevo wrote:

Hey, Princess Luna knows that you need to chew your food before you swallow it, lest you wind up choking, and that would be a bad thing.

One last thing before I really do go to bed: I think you and my brother would get along famously. He absolutely loves Ghostbusters, and he’s down with ponies, too!

He’s seldom on KYM though, and I suppose that presents a problem for any sort of friendships.

I’ve been trying to get him on here and get him into being more active, but he’s his own person.

Last edited Nov 09, 2011 at 12:25AM EST
Nov 09, 2011 at 12:22AM EST

Owens wrote:

One last thing before I really do go to bed: I think you and my brother would get along famously. He absolutely loves Ghostbusters, and he’s down with ponies, too!

He’s seldom on KYM though, and I suppose that presents a problem for any sort of friendships.

I’ve been trying to get him on here and get him into being more active, but he’s his own person.

Yeah, to bad he’s not on a whole lot then, cause that would be all sorts of awesome. Ah well, thanks for trying though!

Nov 09, 2011 at 12:32AM EST

Brother? There are two Owens?

Sweatie Killer is giving a masterful performance today, folks.

Nov 09, 2011 at 12:52AM EST

Blue Yoshi wrote:

A little question:

Well i couldn’t figure out where pluto came from, but i did a little poking around and found out that an alula is a part of a birds wing. The alula is a small part of the wing that is essentially a bird’s thumb and is covered by about 3-5 feathers. A filly pegasus’s wings show a resemblance to this. Additionally, she has a feather cutie mark, which I’m assuming that would probably influence the name.
Here’s a picture, just imagine that the eagle’s wing is an arm facing palm down, and the alula would be the thumb.

Nov 09, 2011 at 12:58AM EST

nukefire wrote:

Well i couldn’t figure out where pluto came from, but i did a little poking around and found out that an alula is a part of a birds wing. The alula is a small part of the wing that is essentially a bird’s thumb and is covered by about 3-5 feathers. A filly pegasus’s wings show a resemblance to this. Additionally, she has a feather cutie mark, which I’m assuming that would probably influence the name.
Here’s a picture, just imagine that the eagle’s wing is an arm facing palm down, and the alula would be the thumb.

I guess you learn something everyday.

But anyways I wanted to bring this up:

EDIT: This isn’t my confession

Last edited Nov 09, 2011 at 01:08AM EST
Nov 09, 2011 at 01:07AM EST

Dac wrote:

I know that feel, brony.

Nov 09, 2011 at 01:17AM EST

Dac wrote:

Is this this from this confession tumblr that I keep hearing so much about?

Edit: Derp, sure enough, it is, I might have to browse that, but judging by that deal alone, I’m actually kinda scared to.

Last edited Nov 09, 2011 at 01:19AM EST
Nov 09, 2011 at 01:17AM EST

Dac wrote:

So I leave for a few hours and this is brought up. I find this very interesting, and I have a few things to say about it. Maybe now is not the time though….too much damn studying.

Nov 09, 2011 at 01:31AM EST

Coontail Storm wrote:

One Word…WINNING!!!

If by “winning” you’re referring to near lethal amounts of hallucinogenic drugs, I agree.

Nov 09, 2011 at 02:03AM EST

Gigatoast wrote:

If by “winning” you’re referring to near lethal amounts of hallucinogenic drugs, I agree.

Then those are some of the big drugs that I want.

Nov 09, 2011 at 02:08AM EST

Regarding Dinky’s sister, my favourite explanation is the one on http://carrot-tops-garden.tumblr.com/

Nov 09, 2011 at 03:11AM EST

And it seems Season 3 is in production but Story Editor Rob Renzetti has left the team and the season has only ordered 13 episodes rather than the typical 26 per season deal.

You know what this means….right?

But in reality, I’m willing to bet the other 13 episodes will be ordered as well. So calm the fuck down everypony.

Nov 09, 2011 at 03:24AM EST

burning_phoneix wrote:

And it seems Season 3 is in production but Story Editor Rob Renzetti has left the team and the season has only ordered 13 episodes rather than the typical 26 per season deal.

You know what this means….right?

But in reality, I’m willing to bet the other 13 episodes will be ordered as well. So calm the fuck down everypony.

All that info came from screenshots of a text conversation with Amy Keating Rodgers, and though it’s not that I don’t trust her I think we need more info before we can jump to any conclusions. The screenshots are very dated by the way, possibly from months before season 2 premiered, EqD couldn’t show them until they got confirmation they where real.

Still, that post gave me a sick feeling in my stomach, I wish it wasn’t so sketchy on the important details.

Nov 09, 2011 at 03:42AM EST

With the popularity this show is getting, it seems strange that they would just quit halfway through season three. It’s making sales right? I’m also willing to bet that production will continue past that point.

Last edited Nov 09, 2011 at 04:48AM EST
Nov 09, 2011 at 04:46AM EST

Derpy Vazquez wrote:

I’m gonna love, and tolerate the shit out of you.

Bronies forever!

Last edited Nov 09, 2011 at 05:05AM EST
Nov 09, 2011 at 04:58AM EST

I just realized something. For anyone who has watched Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt, Celestia and Luna look a lot like Panty and Stocking. The elder sisters of both are considered sexual beasts and the younger sisters are goths. Coincidence?

Nov 09, 2011 at 08:51AM EST

burning_phoneix wrote:

Regarding Dinky’s sister, my favourite explanation is the one on http://carrot-tops-garden.tumblr.com/

Headcanon repair 100% complete. Ready for next episode!

@otaku
Yes. It is a coincidence.

Last edited Nov 09, 2011 at 08:55AM EST
Nov 09, 2011 at 08:54AM EST

Someone in the show happened that might be unrelated to the fandom?

No problem, let the bronies fix it.

Bigger Version.

Seriously, this fandom almost never disappoints me.

Nov 09, 2011 at 09:25AM EST

Last night I dreamt that everyone knew I was a brony and no one really cared, because they all knew it was like, normal, ‘n’ stuff.

I’m beginning to think my subconscious hates me…

@RandomMan
Oh my gosh… that… that… was… beautiful…

Last edited Nov 09, 2011 at 09:52AM EST
Nov 09, 2011 at 09:49AM EST

otaku-sama wrote:

I just realized something. For anyone who has watched Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt, Celestia and Luna look a lot like Panty and Stocking. The elder sisters of both are considered sexual beasts and the younger sisters are goths. Coincidence?

I made this a long time ago when it first became a meme. I thought they looked like each other too.

I’m at work today and won’t post again till later tonight.

Nov 09, 2011 at 10:07AM EST

@RandomMan: And thus, Trixie never accused another pony of being adopted ever again, lest they pull out the “photographic evidence.”

Nov 09, 2011 at 10:55AM EST

@RandomMan
I had the same reaction as stargazer
In other words
Woah thats alot of image’s

Nov 09, 2011 at 11:17AM EST

Blue Screen (of Death) wrote:

With the popularity this show is getting, it seems strange that they would just quit halfway through season three. It’s making sales right? I’m also willing to bet that production will continue past that point.

As it was mentioned, those pictures are dated, so I’d wait for more information before going into Fluttershy panic mode.

Nov 09, 2011 at 11:42AM EST

@ Pheonix: So the full might of the Equestrian Guard is only 500 soldiers? Considering the size of Equestria, Equestria must either be isolated from outside threats or Celestia is a masterful diplomat and has many strong allies by her side. Maybe molesting isn’t the only thing she’s good at..

Last edited Nov 09, 2011 at 12:08PM EST
Nov 09, 2011 at 12:05PM EST

@burning_phoneix
those ask things are starting to interest me where can i find those?

Nov 09, 2011 at 12:52PM EST

@RandomMan: So Derpy is now immortal thanks to Dr. Whooves? You know what, I’m ok with this.

But I have to find something to complain about so… hmmm… how come in weepypastas and d’awww comics ponies never sleep in their beds, they just pile up on the floor?

Last edited Nov 09, 2011 at 02:25PM EST
Nov 09, 2011 at 02:24PM EST

Gigatoast wrote:

@RandomMan: So Derpy is now immortal thanks to Dr. Whooves? You know what, I’m ok with this.

But I have to find something to complain about so… hmmm… how come in weepypastas and d’awww comics ponies never sleep in their beds, they just pile up on the floor?

The bed is used for different stuff.

Plus the smell never gets out.

Nov 09, 2011 at 02:38PM EST

otaku-sama wrote:

@ Pheonix: So the full might of the Equestrian Guard is only 500 soldiers? Considering the size of Equestria, Equestria must either be isolated from outside threats or Celestia is a masterful diplomat and has many strong allies by her side. Maybe molesting isn’t the only thing she’s good at..

Actually that’s just the pegasus/unicorn guards. The Equestrian guard (regular earth ponies) are more numerous.

Of course that’s just the author of the ask blog talking. I think it would be more but definitely far less than human soldier per capita numbers.

@Rikyu:

Here’s a HUUUUGE list:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1njTTTPv1Of4yHd6igFCNCB9JyXOhH4IHENwnt55zIWc/edit?hl=en_US

@Gigatoast:

I think it’s the pony equivalent of snuggling on the couch?

Nov 09, 2011 at 02:48PM EST

Now I know why you guys are so in love with this.

Nov 09, 2011 at 02:58PM EST

burning_phoneix wrote:

Actually that’s just the pegasus/unicorn guards. The Equestrian guard (regular earth ponies) are more numerous.

Of course that’s just the author of the ask blog talking. I think it would be more but definitely far less than human soldier per capita numbers.

@Rikyu:

Here’s a HUUUUGE list:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1njTTTPv1Of4yHd6igFCNCB9JyXOhH4IHENwnt55zIWc/edit?hl=en_US

@Gigatoast:

I think it’s the pony equivalent of snuggling on the couch?

Thank you now i can ask derpy something

Nov 09, 2011 at 03:00PM EST

So I’m watching CR’s latest Familiar Faces episode here and why do I bring this up? Mainly cause of the reference to FiM in it.

Well, that and it’s a Ghostbuster related episode as well, heh.

Nov 09, 2011 at 03:21PM EST

Ah yep, there’s Sweatie with the image spam, as if on cue since I talked to Citation over Steam about it.

Last edited Nov 09, 2011 at 03:33PM EST
Nov 09, 2011 at 03:29PM EST

burning_phoneix wrote:

Usually sweatie I find your image spam funny but goddamn that’s horrifying.

That would be what would happen if Equestria’s energy was run off of nuclear power plants. Defective nuclear power plants.

Nov 09, 2011 at 03:41PM EST
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

This thread was locked by an administrator.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

'lo! You must login or signup first!