Forums / Discussion / General

171,153 total conversations in 5,609 threads

+ New Thread


Locked Locked
KYM Pony General III: This time, it's personal

Last posted Dec 15, 2011 at 11:43AM EST. Added Nov 01, 2011 at 07:41PM EDT
9915 posts from 105 users

Ideological the Vinyl Scratch wrote:

You know…..Nightmare Night isn;t the only time to be scared………

@Karnage: Bye

Hmmm…?

Nov 13, 2011 at 05:19PM EST
Quote

Berry Punch wrote:

Hmmm…?

RUBY,
Y U NO ACKNOWLEDGE ME EVEN THOUGH I GIVE U PIGGY BACK RIDE AND READ U BEDTIME STORIES?!
ლ(ಥ益ಥლ)

Nov 13, 2011 at 05:23PM EST
Quote

badsitrep wrote:

RUBY,
Y U NO ACKNOWLEDGE ME EVEN THOUGH I GIVE U PIGGY BACK RIDE AND READ U BEDTIME STORIES?!
ლ(ಥ益ಥლ)

Mommy says anteaters aren’t allowed in our house any more. Goodbye…

Nov 13, 2011 at 05:27PM EST
Quote

Berry Punch wrote:

Mommy says anteaters aren’t allowed in our house any more. Goodbye…

Well that’ll explain why she called the cops on me……..

Nov 13, 2011 at 05:31PM EST
Quote

Ric Tesla wrote:

Derpy Hooves: BUCK DA POLICE!

I wish I could go to school more often…

Nov 13, 2011 at 05:33PM EST
Quote

Not quite. You detect me.
 
 

I downvoted, not because I disagree with what someone’s saying, but because I’m using the downvote at the suggestion of Olivia of KYM:

The down arrow is for comments that add nothing to the discussion… and make comments that lack content. Phrases such as “this,” “lol,” “relevant,” “This should be the top comment”, “upboat”, or “MAN THIS IS SO COOL!!!” are not witty or original, and do not add anything noteworthy to the discussion. Just click the arrow -- or write something of substance.

And that’s what I’m doing. I don’t like to give out negakrama…my ratio of like 97/3 upvotes to downvotes should say that, but other Bronies and I talked about self-policing our posts on Suiseiseki’s thread.

I didn’t downvote the the roleplaying even if I didn’t like it, because it was Pony-related. Saying bye, on the other hand, without adding anything else is simply turning the thread back into a chat. At least putting a Pony image along with the goodbye would make it relevant to the thread.

And before you say anything, this post is referring to the thread itself, so yes, this is relevant. Saying good-bye can be said on a person’s wall and adds nothing to discussion or whatever we’re doing on the thread at the time. But feel free to thumb it down, if you’d like.

Last edited Nov 13, 2011 at 05:40PM EST
Nov 13, 2011 at 05:38PM EST

I was not aware of this, good to know.

On an unrelated topic,

Edit: no takers? haha

Last edited Nov 13, 2011 at 06:09PM EST
Nov 13, 2011 at 05:44PM EST
Quote

Verbose wrote:

Not quite. You detect me.
 
 

I downvoted, not because I disagree with what someone’s saying, but because I’m using the downvote at the suggestion of Olivia of KYM:

The down arrow is for comments that add nothing to the discussion… and make comments that lack content. Phrases such as “this,” “lol,” “relevant,” “This should be the top comment”, “upboat”, or “MAN THIS IS SO COOL!!!” are not witty or original, and do not add anything noteworthy to the discussion. Just click the arrow -- or write something of substance.

And that’s what I’m doing. I don’t like to give out negakrama…my ratio of like 97/3 upvotes to downvotes should say that, but other Bronies and I talked about self-policing our posts on Suiseiseki’s thread.

I didn’t downvote the the roleplaying even if I didn’t like it, because it was Pony-related. Saying bye, on the other hand, without adding anything else is simply turning the thread back into a chat. At least putting a Pony image along with the goodbye would make it relevant to the thread.

And before you say anything, this post is referring to the thread itself, so yes, this is relevant. Saying good-bye can be said on a person’s wall and adds nothing to discussion or whatever we’re doing on the thread at the time. But feel free to thumb it down, if you’d like.

I notice stuff on my wall the next day. I only check it once a day. It does not tell me when I get something on my wall and if it does then I apparently don’t see it. :l
Plus I don’t thump it down because this is relevant to the thread like you said.
But what about telling the thread “good morning” or “good night” do they get -1 karma for that too? If so then it’s kind of stupid.

Last edited Nov 13, 2011 at 05:48PM EST
Nov 13, 2011 at 05:48PM EST
Quote

I aught to go check on mom, she went upstairs. brb

Last edited Nov 13, 2011 at 05:55PM EST
Nov 13, 2011 at 05:49PM EST
Quote

@Verbose

Wat.
I still don’t get the karma system. There should just be an upvote and a report button. And they shouldn’t go into running totals; like the karma for comments.

Will Scootaloo’s special talent be riding a scooter? That actually sounds kind of lame to me.

@Ruby

Last edited Nov 13, 2011 at 06:00PM EST
Nov 13, 2011 at 05:59PM EST
Quote

Still Erin wrote:

@Verbose

Wat.
I still don’t get the karma system. There should just be an upvote and a report button. And they shouldn’t go into running totals; like the karma for comments.

Will Scootaloo’s special talent be riding a scooter? That actually sounds kind of lame to me.

@Ruby

Not really,a pro skaters “special talent” is riding a skateboard or extreme sports. So she would be a pro athlete then. Assuming that was her talent.

Nov 13, 2011 at 06:07PM EST
Quote

Ric Tesla wrote:

I notice stuff on my wall the next day. I only check it once a day. It does not tell me when I get something on my wall and if it does then I apparently don’t see it. :l
Plus I don’t thump it down because this is relevant to the thread like you said.
But what about telling the thread “good morning” or “good night” do they get -1 karma for that too? If so then it’s kind of stupid.

Actually, most people would think saying ‘good morning’ to a thread is kind of stupid. In a chat, announcing your arrival and departure is perfectly fine, but in a forum it’s a little unusual. You won’t see it happen in any other threads on KYM (or anywhere else, for that matter). It’s fair enough if you also post a relevant pic, or add something to the discussion, but taking up room in the thread to do nothing more than say ‘goodnight’ isn’t considered an appropriate use of the forums. It’s part of the reason that many site members are getting sick of us using this thread – it grows very quickly but most of it is inane chatter or completely irrelevant to the actual topic.

I won’t personally be handing out neg-krama for it, since it really doesn’t bother me that much, but keep in mind that other site users may not be so tolerant.

Nov 13, 2011 at 06:09PM EST
Quote

Algernon wrote:

Actually, most people would think saying ‘good morning’ to a thread is kind of stupid. In a chat, announcing your arrival and departure is perfectly fine, but in a forum it’s a little unusual. You won’t see it happen in any other threads on KYM (or anywhere else, for that matter). It’s fair enough if you also post a relevant pic, or add something to the discussion, but taking up room in the thread to do nothing more than say ‘goodnight’ isn’t considered an appropriate use of the forums. It’s part of the reason that many site members are getting sick of us using this thread – it grows very quickly but most of it is inane chatter or completely irrelevant to the actual topic.

I won’t personally be handing out neg-krama for it, since it really doesn’t bother me that much, but keep in mind that other site users may not be so tolerant.

Oh well I just thought saying good night or good morning was proper in anything no matter what but with a little longer explanation on the side. But that can be me.

Nov 13, 2011 at 06:14PM EST
Quote

Rick Tesla wrote:

But what about telling the thread “good morning” or “good night” do they get -1 karma for that too? If so then it’s kind of stupid.

From me, yes. It’s not any different from “good-bye.”

In the grand scheme of things, it shouldn’t matter, because most people would upvote it anyway as soon as they saw that it wasn’t a trollish post. Also, you didn’t say why it was stupid, so I don’t see why it is. Could you explain that? I’ll take back what I say (just did it a page ago,) but I need a reason.

EDIT: Curse my slow typing and editing. You’re right…when the thread is very active, it resemble a chat conversation by default. It does seem awkward to just leave. But if I’ve been heavily involved, I will generally add something else before I leave.

Connor wrote:

I still don’t get the karma system. There should just be an upvote and a report button. And they shouldn’t go into running totals; like the karma for comments.

I don’t get it either, but I haven’t found a thread that explains why it was introduced in the first place. As far as I can tell, it’s a way to:

  • Bury posts.
  • Tell what kind of a user a person is.
  • To encourage especially interesting or funny posts.
  • To discourage irrelevant, redundant, and trollish posts.

I don’t like the karma system, because:

  • It also encourages krama-whoring.
  • Doesn’t show how a user has changed since they first came onto the site.
  • It generally favors well-liked users in a forum.
  • Can make a guy feel bad (which can also be a good thing though.)

And a few other reasons. Look for the user ‘’Ponies 4 teh lulz’’ on page 2.
The thread still seems to be up, so you can post how you feel. However, I’m not sure how active Olivia G. is anymore, so it may get a response or none at all.

Last edited Nov 13, 2011 at 06:19PM EST
Nov 13, 2011 at 06:15PM EST

Algernon wrote:

Actually, most people would think saying ‘good morning’ to a thread is kind of stupid. In a chat, announcing your arrival and departure is perfectly fine, but in a forum it’s a little unusual. You won’t see it happen in any other threads on KYM (or anywhere else, for that matter). It’s fair enough if you also post a relevant pic, or add something to the discussion, but taking up room in the thread to do nothing more than say ‘goodnight’ isn’t considered an appropriate use of the forums. It’s part of the reason that many site members are getting sick of us using this thread – it grows very quickly but most of it is inane chatter or completely irrelevant to the actual topic.

I won’t personally be handing out neg-krama for it, since it really doesn’t bother me that much, but keep in mind that other site users may not be so tolerant.

announcing your departure is perfectly fine in my book. You are just telling people " don’t address me because I won’t be here to answer". I feel like People are acting like Barney Fife, when we should be acting like Andy. If its not hurting anyone, don’t make a deal about it

Nov 13, 2011 at 06:20PM EST
Quote

Still Erin wrote:


Let us discuss the reason trolls be trollin’.

3 words: for the lulz

Of course there’s more to it than that, but that’s usually good enough.

Nov 13, 2011 at 06:21PM EST
Quote

Still Erin wrote:


Let us discuss the reason trolls be trollin’.

They just want attention and they don’t care If its good or bad. its really a pathetic existence.

Nov 13, 2011 at 06:24PM EST
Quote

Connor the 20% Cooler wrote:

Let us discuss the reason trolls be trollin’.

Whoo…I’ll direct you to Jolly Jew’s wall explaining why I think haters exist. Quick and dirty, we’re breaking their reality of what man should be. Think of it like a religious person realizing that they don’t believe in their faith anymore. A lot of how they see the world would be wrong.
 

There are also a couple of other reasons: trolls like to troll for fun, and Bronies are a large community. We’re also known for being more easily trolled, so we’re an easy target. We didn’t always used to be that way, but what can you do?


Algernon is a much nicer user than I am. You should give him kramas.


announcing your departure is perfectly fine in my book. You are just telling people " don’t address me because I won’t be here to answer". I feel like People are acting like Barney Fife, when we should be acting like Andy. If its not hurting anyone, don’t make a deal about it

Other users (for no good reason aside from just being tired of Bronies,) are annoyed with the speed of the thread and the fact that it is always trending somewhere on the site.

You might say, “So what?” And that’s true to an extent: Pimp Abra said we’re not doing anything wrong. But a lot of users (Bronies and regular users) want to keep irrelevant posts down.

Last edited Nov 13, 2011 at 06:31PM EST
Nov 13, 2011 at 06:25PM EST

sigh

I… I feel awkward around the issue of this thread in relation to KYM in general. That rant thread Sui put up made me question why the hell I even came here. That’s why I haven’t really been on lately: I’ve been put into existential crisis mode.

@Connor: Most likely the fact that this is My Little Pony, for Christ’s sake. Bronies are, without a doubt, the easiest fandom to troll, simply because they like what is construed at base value as a show for girls. Does go deeper than that, but the trolls/haters only see it at base value. That, and it spread extremely fast. So:
They most likely hate it because they aren’t willing to look past base value;
The haters either don’t want to watch a show for girls/see MLP as a cancer;
The trolls just see something easy to troll.

In fact, I personally think that it takes negative effort and makes you a worse troll to attempt to troll MLP: not because I’m trying to defend the show and fanbase against trolls themselves, but because come fucking on it’s My Little Pony I could flame this right now if I wanted to.

You know, I’m betting that if the Anon that put up the 4chan thread that started this is a ponyhater, he probably went “What the fuck have I unleashed?” at some point.

@Verbose: I checked your wall post.

It would probably only take one or two annoying bronies to make a person hate all bronies.

As Cracked puts it: “It’s human nature to remember the fucktard.”

Last edited Nov 13, 2011 at 06:33PM EST
Nov 13, 2011 at 06:29PM EST
Quote

Verbose wrote:

Connor the 20% Cooler wrote:

Let us discuss the reason trolls be trollin’.

Whoo…I’ll direct you to Jolly Jew’s wall explaining why I think haters exist. Quick and dirty, we’re breaking their reality of what man should be. Think of it like a religious person realizing that they don’t believe in their faith anymore. A lot of how they see the world would be wrong.
 

There are also a couple of other reasons: trolls like to troll for fun, and Bronies are a large community. We’re also known for being more easily trolled, so we’re an easy target. We didn’t always used to be that way, but what can you do?


Algernon is a much nicer user than I am. You should give him kramas.


announcing your departure is perfectly fine in my book. You are just telling people " don’t address me because I won’t be here to answer". I feel like People are acting like Barney Fife, when we should be acting like Andy. If its not hurting anyone, don’t make a deal about it

Other users (for no good reason aside from just being tired of Bronies,) are annoyed with the speed of the thread and the fact that it is always trending somewhere on the site.

You might say, “So what?” And that’s true to an extent: Pimp Abra said we’re not doing anything wrong. But a lot of users (Bronies and regular users) want to keep irrelevant posts down.

I meant more of why they are scared of the show. I wish we could convince then to watch it once…
But trolls be trolls.
Have any cute for us Verbose, you sometimes do and Ruby is bringing me down. (No offence Ruby.)

@Sparty
That would bring me many a lul.

Last edited Nov 13, 2011 at 06:30PM EST
Nov 13, 2011 at 06:29PM EST
Quote

Verbose wrote:

Rick Tesla wrote:

But what about telling the thread “good morning” or “good night” do they get -1 karma for that too? If so then it’s kind of stupid.

From me, yes. It’s not any different from “good-bye.”

In the grand scheme of things, it shouldn’t matter, because most people would upvote it anyway as soon as they saw that it wasn’t a trollish post. Also, you didn’t say why it was stupid, so I don’t see why it is. Could you explain that? I’ll take back what I say (just did it a page ago,) but I need a reason.

EDIT: Curse my slow typing and editing. You’re right…when the thread is very active, it resemble a chat conversation by default. It does seem awkward to just leave. But if I’ve been heavily involved, I will generally add something else before I leave.

Connor wrote:

I still don’t get the karma system. There should just be an upvote and a report button. And they shouldn’t go into running totals; like the karma for comments.

I don’t get it either, but I haven’t found a thread that explains why it was introduced in the first place. As far as I can tell, it’s a way to:

  • Bury posts.
  • Tell what kind of a user a person is.
  • To encourage especially interesting or funny posts.
  • To discourage irrelevant, redundant, and trollish posts.

I don’t like the karma system, because:

  • It also encourages krama-whoring.
  • Doesn’t show how a user has changed since they first came onto the site.
  • It generally favors well-liked users in a forum.
  • Can make a guy feel bad (which can also be a good thing though.)

And a few other reasons. Look for the user ‘’Ponies 4 teh lulz’’ on page 2.
The thread still seems to be up, so you can post how you feel. However, I’m not sure how active Olivia G. is anymore, so it may get a response or none at all.

Well I don’t know if you meant by that as in if a person just says “good-bye” and nothing else or says good by and add something that is possible a paragraph or more reason is it seems kind of shallow if we are not permitted in says good byes or any greetings period. But I’m sure that is not the case I bet.

Nov 13, 2011 at 06:37PM EST
Quote

Ideological the Vinyl Scratch wrote:

I’m a pony. Does that count?

No. We need moar poni.

Nov 13, 2011 at 06:41PM EST
Quote

Still Erin wrote:

I meant more of why they are scared of the show. I wish we could convince then to watch it once…
But trolls be trolls.
Have any cute for us Verbose, you sometimes do and Ruby is bringing me down. (No offence Ruby.)

@Sparty
That would bring me many a lul.

Well, I’m going to agree with what Sparty said. Including his existential crisis in relation to whether or not we should post on this thread like this, but Pimp Abra’s thumb’s up and other neutral users made me feel better about it.

But again, I really do think it’s hard for gender norms to be broken. People attach a lot of meaning to what is a “man” and what is a “woman.” When that is broken by having a lot of men break those norms, some people feel the need to ostracize them in order to establish their own beliefs. If they passively or actively accepted us, that would mean that they would have to change how they view people (because a massive majority of them have a gender identity, and interact with people based upon that identity.)

For example, I imagine lots of girlfriends have broken up with their boyfriends because they now like FiM. They never saw a real man as being a fan of My Little Pony, so they could no longer see their boyfriends as being “man” enough to date as a man. It’s not really specific to Pony. Some girls would never date a guy who had a really high-pitched voice, and some guys wouldn’t date a woman if she had a lot of masculine features physically or personality-wise.


Do I have cute?!


And you’ll have to click the picture for a larger version. Consider it a late birthday present.

Nov 13, 2011 at 06:43PM EST

@Verbose
I agree irrelevant shit should be kept to a minimum, but its a little much to say that you can’t announce your departure.

Anyways, Ign posted a MLP fim car under an article about the coolest car designs. I think thats the first time IGN has acknowledged MLP

Ign

Nov 13, 2011 at 06:43PM EST
Quote

Verbose wrote:

Well, I’m going to agree with what Sparty said. Including his existential crisis in relation to whether or not we should post on this thread like this, but Pimp Abra’s thumb’s up and other neutral users made me feel better about it.

But again, I really do think it’s hard for gender norms to be broken. People attach a lot of meaning to what is a “man” and what is a “woman.” When that is broken by having a lot of men break those norms, some people feel the need to ostracize them in order to establish their own beliefs. If they passively or actively accepted us, that would mean that they would have to change how they view people (because a massive majority of them have a gender identity, and interact with people based upon that identity.)

For example, I imagine lots of girlfriends have broken up with their boyfriends because they now like FiM. They never saw a real man as being a fan of My Little Pony, so they could no longer see their boyfriends as being “man” enough to date as a man. It’s not really specific to Pony. Some girls would never date a guy who had a really high-pitched voice, and some guys wouldn’t date a woman if she had a lot of masculine features physically or personality-wise.


Do I have cute?!


And you’ll have to click the picture for a larger version. Consider it a late birthday present.

Guess I’m gonna be a lonely gothic brony(which is my music-related psuedonym)

Nov 13, 2011 at 06:47PM EST
Quote

…must…fight…urge…to…discuss…societal…gender…norms…

Last edited Nov 13, 2011 at 06:48PM EST
Nov 13, 2011 at 06:47PM EST
Quote

Ric Tesla wrote:

Well I don’t know if you meant by that as in if a person just says “good-bye” and nothing else or says good by and add something that is possible a paragraph or more reason is it seems kind of shallow if we are not permitted in says good byes or any greetings period. But I’m sure that is not the case I bet.

Saying good-bye isn’t a crime. Again, Pimp Abra said there was nothing wrong with the thread. But in my opinion, saying you’re leaving or saying you’ve arrived doesn’t add anything to conversation and is a wasted post. But you’re permitted to do that if you want. Don’t let me stop you. I’m just going to downvote it, and then it’ll get voted back up by someone else.
 
If you post something (image, vid, or text) along with the greeting, then I don’t mind that.
 
If you’re saying that it feels shallow to post something just because all you really want to say is good-bye, then you’re right. It is a bit shallow to come up with something to just say good-bye. In that case, I would just say not to post anything then.
 
 

But again, that’s my opinion. The thread shouldn’t have chat posts, so I downvote it. It is permitted, but no one else does it on KYM or on any other forum that I can think of. Maybe that is what makes the thread unique. I personally think it’s a wasted post.

Last edited Nov 13, 2011 at 06:52PM EST
Nov 13, 2011 at 06:50PM EST

Verbose wrote:

Saying good-bye isn’t a crime. Again, Pimp Abra said there was nothing wrong with the thread. But in my opinion, saying you’re leaving or saying you’ve arrived doesn’t add anything to conversation and is a wasted post. But you’re permitted to do that if you want. Don’t let me stop you. I’m just going to downvote it, and then it’ll get voted back up by someone else.
 
If you post something (image, vid, or text) along with the greeting, then I don’t mind that.
 
If you’re saying that it feels shallow to post something just because all you really want to say is good-bye, then you’re right. It is a bit shallow to come up with something to just say good-bye. In that case, I would just say not to post anything then.
 
 

But again, that’s my opinion. The thread shouldn’t have chat posts, so I downvote it. It is permitted, but no one else does it on KYM or on any other forum that I can think of. Maybe that is what makes the thread unique. I personally think it’s a wasted post.

Heh oh well

Just to see what you can throw out there. Some pony has to do it.

Last edited Nov 13, 2011 at 07:00PM EST
Nov 13, 2011 at 06:53PM EST
Quote

@Verbose: You do have a point. It’s breaking gender norms, so it makes people feel weird. Would this technically mean FiM is revolutionary?

I am kind of scared of what happens if even one person here finds out I’m a brony. Just… considering where I am right now, and the fact that I’m not the most favorable person in school right now… if word gets out, to put it in short form: I am fucked.

obligatory swearing in-post accomplished

Nov 13, 2011 at 06:54PM EST
Quote

Bodyguard Sparty McFly wrote: (since I can’t use blockquotes, literal quotes)
“You know, I’m betting that if the Anon that put up the 4chan thread that started this is a ponyhater, he probably went “What the fuck have I unleashed?” at some point.”
That anon:



Connor the 20% Cooler wrote: (again, no blockquotes for u)
“I wish we could convince then to watch it once… But trolls be trolls.”

Actually seeing the show probably still wouldn’t work. Trolls wouldn’t care weather it’s good or not, they would continue to troll. Haters have the incredible ability too literally block out anything(for example, the good writing, characters, etc.) except for “MAGICAL PONIES, THEREFORE BAD!” Seriously, go on almost any rant video on youtube and 99% of the time that will be their logic.

On a semi-related note, “It’s human nature to remember the fucktard” is now permanantly part of my overall philosophy on life.

Nov 13, 2011 at 06:56PM EST
Quote

I must say that I have really never ( in real life) had a problem with people knowing I like My little pony. I don’t tell them how much I like it, but all my friends and family know i love cartoons so its never been hard to explain.

Nov 13, 2011 at 06:58PM EST
Quote

(Bit off-topic):
Aha! I even found a caption of the asian pony I keep pointing out!

Nov 13, 2011 at 07:06PM EST
Quote

Im surprised I haven’t seen any discussion about this game. what do you guys think about this game?

Nov 13, 2011 at 07:10PM EST
Quote

Dac wrote:

Im surprised I haven’t seen any discussion about this game. what do you guys think about this game?

Known it a long time ago. I like Twilight’s thing though.

Last edited Nov 13, 2011 at 07:14PM EST
Nov 13, 2011 at 07:12PM EST
Quote


(sorry for re-posting that, but…)

Gender norms in our society tend to be pretty fluid, and have changed dramatically in the past 50-100 years. For example, women can now vote and join the military, etc. More recently, it’s become more common for Dads to stay at home with their kids while Moms work, which places them both in historically opposite societal roles.

Along with these role changes come changes of symbology associated with the roles. I recently read an interesting article about how the colour pink has been completely feminized during the past 50 years. Pink was once seen as a pastel shade of red, which has traditionally been associated with men (think blood, etc), but it’s been turned into the girliest colour out there. With the rise of homosexual rights, pink has been accepted as being representative of males who identify more with females. When it comes to MLP, pink is a prominent colour because the products and shows (throughout their history) have been marketed to girls. And now that FiM has attracted such a large male audience, many people just assume that those who watch are gay (because of pink’s connotations).

I’ve posted before about how brony-dom has a large element of anonymity because it’s internet-centred, and I think that that’s a big barrier when bronies try to assert their masculinity. As a new and (relatively) fragmented minority, it’s unlikely that brony-dom will shift the connotations of the colour pink, or indeed shake the perception of girliness, at least for the time being.

Now, whether or not people are comfortable with people perceiving them as girly because they like FiM is up to them. I personally don’t really care; it’s not something I’d volunteer upon introducing myself, but I wouldn’t lie if asked about it.

//end sociology lecture

edit: curse my slow thought process and typing, everyone’s moved on :(

Last edited Nov 13, 2011 at 07:16PM EST
Nov 13, 2011 at 07:14PM EST
Quote

EqD hits 70million and nopony cares this time… Fandom u so silly.

Who are we?

Nov 13, 2011 at 07:16PM EST
Quote

Ric Tesla wrote:

Known it a long time ago. I like Twilight’s thing though.

pssh, Ive known about it since the applejack pre alpha. Im just saying I never see it mentioned

Nov 13, 2011 at 07:19PM EST
Quote

I just looked into ponychan. They have a link to KYM, but its the article; do you think we could ask a mod (or whoever has the power) to link to the forum (it could get some more traffic to our thread).

Do you also think that they have a way to tell the number of unique IPs that have accessed the site ever? Must find moar accurate brony number…

Nov 13, 2011 at 07:23PM EST
Quote

Dac wrote:

Im surprised I haven’t seen any discussion about this game. what do you guys think about this game?

This game is one of the things I look forward to the most when it comes to ponies. This and new episodes. Its really nice to see a fan-generated game of this quality, so I’m very excited for it. Not that there hasn’t been quality games in the past, its just that I look forward to this one the most. I’m not even that big on fighters. I’ll play a little Street Fighter, maybe some Soul Caliber, or even some Mortal Kombat, but I was never really keen on the fighting game genre.

Except Smash Bros.

I friggin’ love Smash Bros.

There’s going to be online play, right? Please tell me there’s going to be online play. You can’t make a PC fighting game without online play.

TL;DR (for a paragraph? You should be ashamed of yourself. Its not like I wrote out a damn essay): I’m fucking stoked for this game.

Last edited Nov 13, 2011 at 07:31PM EST
Nov 13, 2011 at 07:25PM EST

Owens wrote:

This game is one of the things I look forward to the most when it comes to ponies. This and new episodes. Its really nice to see a fan-generated game of this quality, so I’m very excited for it. Not that there hasn’t been quality games in the past, its just that I look forward to this one the most. I’m not even that big on fighters. I’ll play a little Street Fighter, maybe some Soul Caliber, or even some Mortal Kombat, but I was never really keen on the fighting game genre.

Except Smash Bros.

I friggin’ love Smash Bros.

There’s going to be online play, right? Please tell me there’s going to be online play. You can’t make a PC fighting game without online play.

TL;DR (for a paragraph? You should be ashamed of yourself. Its not like I wrote out a damn essay): I’m fucking stoked for this game.

yes, they most defiantly will have online play. The funny thing about the twilight trailer was that I was more excited for pinkie pie’s first gameplay footage.

Nov 13, 2011 at 07:31PM EST
Quote

Still Erin wrote:

EqD hits 70million and nopony cares this time… Fandom u so silly.

Who are we?

We’re the ninja sitting in the back
Don’t see it? That’s the point.
We’re silent. We’re invisible.
We’re barely even noticeable.

But we’re always watching.

And now I’ve ruined the mood with a great pile of d’aww.
Worth it.

Last edited Nov 13, 2011 at 07:34PM EST
Nov 13, 2011 at 07:31PM EST
Quote

Actually, I can’t think of much talk of Fighting is Magic either. I’ve never really played many fighting games since I’ve gotten older.

However, MANE6 seems to be taking this game very seriously. Which I love. A lot of fan games have sequels now or they are just mods with hastily thrown-together character models. It looks as if this game will be a good-quality fighter with good animation, good models, and good gameplay with balanced characters and without obvious tiers.

I don’t really want to play it, but I kinda do just to see how sound the game is.


I can’t see your picture, Ric.

Nov 13, 2011 at 07:33PM EST

Algernon wrote:

We’re the ninja sitting in the back
Don’t see it? That’s the point.
We’re silent. We’re invisible.
We’re barely even noticeable.

But we’re always watching.

And now I’ve ruined the mood with a great pile of d’aww.
Worth it.

Stop right there criminal scum

Nov 13, 2011 at 07:35PM EST
Quote
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

This thread was locked by an administrator.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hello! You must login or signup first!