Forums / Discussion / General

169,615 total conversations in 5,528 threads

+ New Thread


Locked Locked
KYM Pony General III: This time, it's personal

Last posted Dec 15, 2011 at 11:43AM EST. Added Nov 01, 2011 at 07:41PM EDT
9915 posts from 105 users

Dac wrote:

yes, they most defiantly will have online play. The funny thing about the twilight trailer was that I was more excited for pinkie pie’s first gameplay footage.

I felt the same way. The video was supposed to be about Twilight, but Pinkie Pie totally stole the spotlight. I was so busy focusing on Pinkie’s hilarious moveset that I didn’t even really bother paying attention to Twilight until she busted out that insane finisher.

This is now a Pinkie Pie thread until further notice, so have a Pinkie Pie who looks like she just had a major stroke. Now she can keep smiling forever.

I feel like I’ve already made this joke before.

EDIT: What the hell, Pinch was on? Oh, the horrors she must have witnessed in this thread.

I claim this page for great justice.

Last edited Nov 13, 2011 at 07:43PM EST
Nov 13, 2011 at 07:37PM EST

Verbose wrote:

Actually, I can’t think of much talk of Fighting is Magic either. I’ve never really played many fighting games since I’ve gotten older.

However, MANE6 seems to be taking this game very seriously. Which I love. A lot of fan games have sequels now or they are just mods with hastily thrown-together character models. It looks as if this game will be a good-quality fighter with good animation, good models, and good gameplay with balanced characters and without obvious tiers.

I don’t really want to play it, but I kinda do just to see how sound the game is.


I can’t see your picture, Ric.

Don’t know how old you are, but I’ll assume that you are in college(as am I). I’d imagine this would be more exciting for the older people who played all the fighters in the arcades.

Nov 13, 2011 at 07:38PM EST
Quote

Derp Banned wrote:

Stop right there criminal scum

Meanwhile in the planet’s orbit.

@Verbose
It was supposed to be the “counter argument” picture joke.

Last edited Nov 13, 2011 at 07:44PM EST
Nov 13, 2011 at 07:42PM EST
Quote

Dac wrote:

Don’t know how old you are, but I’ll assume that you are in college(as am I). I’d imagine this would be more exciting for the older people who played all the fighters in the arcades.

I think that only applies to me. I think I’m the only one here that remembers the 70s.

Nov 13, 2011 at 07:49PM EST
Quote

Derp Banned wrote:

I think that only applies to me. I think I’m the only one here that remembers the 70s.

I was talking about street fighter, mortal kombat, mvc 1 and 2 ( 3 will never replace 2) from the 90’s. Im a 90’s kid. Mighty morphine power rangers!

EDIT fucking auto correct, I meant morphin

Last edited Nov 13, 2011 at 07:57PM EST
Nov 13, 2011 at 07:56PM EST
Quote

Erin ^ω^ wrote:


Let us discuss the reason trolls be trollin’.

I actually didn’t hate it, but rather didn’t understand it…
So I went around asking legit questions like “Do you guys actually watch this or is it just to troll other people?”
Eventually I built up plenty of hate for asking legit questions, so I just delved right into it.
So maybe they aren’t trolls, but merely confused people, like I was.

Nov 13, 2011 at 07:56PM EST
Quote

Here’s some Discorded Cherilee for y’all.

Nice quality, too. I swear, they could hire some of these artists.

Nov 13, 2011 at 07:59PM EST
Quote

dac-attack!!!! wrote:

Don’t know how old you are, but I’ll assume that you are in college(as am I). I’d imagine this would be more exciting for the older people who played all the fighters in the arcades.

Yeah, I only graduated a couple of years ago. I remember playing Mortal Kombat, the sequel, and Street Fighter 2, but it was out of the arcades. It probably would be more appealing to those who actually spent time in arcades.

Shaq Fu did not get enough love.


@Ric
Oh. I guess I’ll find it at some point to see what you mean. I figure I shouldn’t be antagonistic without accepting the jokes and rebuttals that come with it.


Connor the 20% Cooler wrote:

I just looked into ponychan. They have a link to KYM, but its the article; do you think we could ask a mod (or whoever has the power) to link to the forum (it could get some more traffic to our thread).
Do you also think that they have a way to tell the number of unique IPs that have accessed the site ever? Must find moar accurate brony number…
  1. I doubt mods will want much more traffic here. It’s kinda hard to keep up with conversations at this pace anyway. By the time I post this, several posts may have already been made. opspe has a neat post, but it had gone to a different topic. That kind of thing would happen all of the time with a lot more users. And I like the small community here.
  2. Well, if you’re like me, I use several computers to access EqD. Also, as I’ve noticed on here, a lot of Bronies don’t even access EqD. You might be able to add up all of the unique IP’s from various sites, but that would be a full-time job in itself.
Nov 13, 2011 at 08:00PM EST

Verbose wrote:

dac-attack!!!! wrote:

Don’t know how old you are, but I’ll assume that you are in college(as am I). I’d imagine this would be more exciting for the older people who played all the fighters in the arcades.

Yeah, I only graduated a couple of years ago. I remember playing Mortal Kombat, the sequel, and Street Fighter 2, but it was out of the arcades. It probably would be more appealing to those who actually spent time in arcades.

Shaq Fu did not get enough love.


@Ric
Oh. I guess I’ll find it at some point to see what you mean. I figure I shouldn’t be antagonistic without accepting the jokes and rebuttals that come with it.


Connor the 20% Cooler wrote:

I just looked into ponychan. They have a link to KYM, but its the article; do you think we could ask a mod (or whoever has the power) to link to the forum (it could get some more traffic to our thread).
Do you also think that they have a way to tell the number of unique IPs that have accessed the site ever? Must find moar accurate brony number…
  1. I doubt mods will want much more traffic here. It’s kinda hard to keep up with conversations at this pace anyway. By the time I post this, several posts may have already been made. opspe has a neat post, but it had gone to a different topic. That kind of thing would happen all of the time with a lot more users. And I like the small community here.
  2. Well, if you’re like me, I use several computers to access EqD. Also, as I’ve noticed on here, a lot of Bronies don’t even access EqD. You might be able to add up all of the unique IP’s from various sites, but that would be a full-time job in itself.
Nov 13, 2011 at 08:09PM EST
Quote

Dac wrote:

Don’t know how old you are, but I’ll assume that you are in college(as am I). I’d imagine this would be more exciting for the older people who played all the fighters in the arcades.

I’m in college and I was a huge arcade rat back in the day. Wasted all my money on X-Men vs Street Fighter, Virtua Fighter 1 and the Simspons Arcade game….those were the days.

BTW @ Verbose, that picture you posted was Twilight as Hawke from Dragon Age 2 so it was a crossover rather than just putting ponies in war gear for war gear’s sake. Kind of like all those Warhammer 40k crossover pics.

I don’t like grimdark fanfics or the like but for art? I find it fun and amusing to see the juxtaposition of grimdark and cuteness and usually it’s played for laughs like that “Will you accept my friendship…..Xeno scum?” comic or all those Warhammer 40k races as ponies (Eldar are Eldeer, Orkz are Hogz…etc)

Last edited Nov 13, 2011 at 08:20PM EST
Nov 13, 2011 at 08:18PM EST
Quote

Oh my god look at this fucking art. It’s amazing.

GLORIOUS

Nov 13, 2011 at 08:26PM EST
Quote

Fridge wrote:

Oh my god look at this fucking art. It’s amazing.

GLORIOUS

This reminds me of borderlands.
@Berry Punch
Your not I am just as bad and or just as guilty as bucking things up too on here. (Grammatically and by the show of how stupid I can get compared to how smart I intend to be.) Besides it’s in the past as long you don’t do the same mistake twice everything will be okay. Believe me I have low self esteem. :L

Last edited Nov 13, 2011 at 08:47PM EST
Nov 13, 2011 at 08:42PM EST
Quote

Berry Punch wrote:

Tell me I’m not a horrible pony…

I suck…

U no sux. U iz great poni. Your just mortal. You make mistakes. You get carried away and you do stupid shit. But that doesn’t make you bad. It makes you, you. And as long as you show kindness towards others and regret over misdeeds, you will always be a good pony. U gets hugz.

Last edited Nov 13, 2011 at 08:52PM EST
Nov 13, 2011 at 08:49PM EST
Quote

Berry Punch wrote:

Tell me I’m not a horrible pony…

I suck…

Yeah, you and I may have taken it a bit too far yesterday, But hey I had fun.

Nov 13, 2011 at 08:49PM EST
Quote

Berry Punch wrote:

Tell me I’m not a horrible pony…

I suck…

I think it’s time Berry…to become human.

You’ll be par for the course over here. :D

Nov 13, 2011 at 08:52PM EST
Quote

Berry Punch wrote:

Tell me I’m not a horrible pony…

I suck…

Everyone fucks up sometimes. You just fucked up a little more than usual.

But you’ve got to learn to take this in stride and learn from your mistakes. Otherwise, you will get nowhere.

tight e-hug

Nov 13, 2011 at 08:54PM EST
Quote

Alright, hope you ponies like Tron

It’s not a Cutie Mark, it’s an Identity Mark. End of Line.

Nov 13, 2011 at 08:55PM EST
Quote

Fridge wrote:

Alright, hope you ponies like Tron

It’s not a Cutie Mark, it’s an Identity Mark. End of Line.

Tron crossover incoming.

Nov 13, 2011 at 08:59PM EST
Quote

Berry Punch wrote:

Tell me I’m not a horrible pony…

Berry Punch is Best Thread Pony.

Nov 13, 2011 at 09:01PM EST

Ideological the Vinyl Scratch wrote:

A Diabeetus inducing one. Squee!

Don’t you mean “HHNNNNNGGG-” instead of “squee?”

Nov 13, 2011 at 09:06PM EST
Quote

Verbose wrote:

Berry Punch wrote:

Tell me I’m not a horrible pony…

Berry Punch is Best Thread Pony.

Hugs Berry Punch

Don’t you mean “HHNNNNNGGG-” instead of “squee?”

I wa-hnnnnngh! thud!

Last edited Nov 13, 2011 at 09:07PM EST
Nov 13, 2011 at 09:06PM EST
Quote

Berry Punch wrote:

Tell me I’m not a horrible pony…

I suck…

Nope. What did I tell you the other day?

We fucking love Berry Punch.

Berry Punch is the mare.

She’s what I think about when I think “kick ass pony”.

Nothing you do, nothing, can change that.

Last edited Nov 13, 2011 at 09:20PM EST
Nov 13, 2011 at 09:16PM EST

Sorry poniez. Need to go to sleep. Sick and need to go to class tomorrow. Kthxbai.

Nov 13, 2011 at 09:26PM EST
Quote

Berry Punch wrote:

Tell me I’m not a horrible pony…

I suck…

From what I saw on the previous pages, that was far from horrific and no, you don’t suck. Everyone makes mistakes; if you want, here’s a free e-hug!

Nov 13, 2011 at 09:27PM EST
Quote

Berry Punch wrote:

Tell me I’m not a horrible pony…

I suck…

It never pays to be down on yourself. Ever. So don’t be! No matter what you post, you’re still awesome.

Last edited Nov 13, 2011 at 09:34PM EST
Nov 13, 2011 at 09:32PM EST
Quote

I shall be going to bed now night everypony hope you have a good sleep and sweet pony filled dreams. This has been a great week end and I bit you a dew. I will be on here at the same time like always tomorrow. :l
@Ideological: I post on your wall again. If you did not notice already. It is a paragraph for fair warning.

Last edited Nov 13, 2011 at 10:03PM EST
Nov 13, 2011 at 10:02PM EST
Quote

Ric Tesla wrote:

I shall be going to bed now night everypony hope you have a good sleep and sweet pony filled dreams. This has been a great week end and I bit you a dew. I will be on here at the same time like always tomorrow. :l
@Ideological: I post on your wall again. If you did not notice already. It is a paragraph for fair warning.

I think you mean I bid you adieu. ( french for bye)

Nov 13, 2011 at 10:07PM EST
Quote

So I see everyone had a little discussion regarding the use of hello’s and good-night’s.

I personally use them for politeness and appreciaton for the people here. It has become quite automatic for me greeting everyone, specially when I leave. I try not to make it irrelevant, but still.

Nov 13, 2011 at 10:23PM EST
Quote

I’m probably going to go after this post, so I wanted to share something a bit fun. It was on MyLittleBrony yesterday and I thought it would be nice to share it here.

Nov 13, 2011 at 10:48PM EST
Quote

Dr. Gregory Horse The Pony Medic wrote:

So I see everyone had a little discussion regarding the use of hello’s and good-night’s.

I personally use them for politeness and appreciaton for the people here. It has become quite automatic for me greeting everyone, specially when I leave. I try not to make it irrelevant, but still.

You can always place them in another post or a reply. This way your post is relevant (if the original is also relevant) and you wish everyone a good night.

KYM Pony General, learning something new everyday!

Last edited Nov 13, 2011 at 10:53PM EST
Nov 13, 2011 at 10:49PM EST
Quote

Kosinus wrote:

I’m probably going to go after this post, so I wanted to share something a bit fun. It was on MyLittleBrony yesterday and I thought it would be nice to share it here.

So I’d be…

Pinkie Pop…?

What kind of ridiculous name is that?

I wanted to be Lesbian Carwasher (props for those who get the reference).

Nov 13, 2011 at 10:53PM EST

These are a bit ridiculous, aren’t they? I got “Flutterdaze”, which is also pretty strange.

@Dr. Gregory: Meh, “Sapphire Dash” doesn’t sound bad at all.

@Owens: I’m not sure if I get the reference…

Last edited Nov 13, 2011 at 11:12PM EST
Nov 13, 2011 at 11:06PM EST
Quote

I love you, all of you. You really know how to cheer up a mare!

I’m surprised my cutie mark has nothing to do with fucking shit up, I seen to do that very well…

P.S. Thank you for talking with Pinchy! She gets so lonely sometimes; and that’s probably my fault… I’m glad she still loves me. <3

Last edited Nov 13, 2011 at 11:10PM EST
Nov 13, 2011 at 11:08PM EST
Quote

Dusk Belle doesn’t really fit me.
@ Berry Punch
We think you are the best

Nov 13, 2011 at 11:36PM EST
Quote

Derp Banned wrote:

Dusk Belle doesn’t really fit me.
@ Berry Punch
We think you are the best

I like pie, if you hadn’t noticed.

Nothing inappropriate to see here…

Nov 13, 2011 at 11:45PM EST
Quote

Dr. Gregory Horse The Pony Medic wrote:

Okie Dokie Loky!

By Celestia’s beard

Nov 13, 2011 at 11:45PM EST
Quote

just wondering, Is Zalgo considered not safe for work? Just blacked out eyes. not excessive gore.

Nov 13, 2011 at 11:56PM EST
Quote

Dac wrote:

just wondering, Is Zalgo considered not safe for work? Just blacked out eyes. not excessive gore.

It’s safe

Nov 14, 2011 at 12:01AM EST
Quote

Derp Banned wrote:

It’s safe

I’ll have to add onto that in the morning. (You will be thoroughly disturbed.) Time to go snuggle with Pinchy. Bai

Nov 14, 2011 at 12:03AM EST
Quote

I̴͋ͥ͆̔͐ͩ̋ ̽̿ͯ̆̈ͮ̃̽̚͠w̷ͤ͛̿́͞iͩ̇ͤ̈̇̕͜l̸ͯͮ́ļ̿ ͒̿̏̓̔̌ͮf̷̎ͭ̇̒i̒̈́̂͢n̸̶̆̔̅̍ͧ̌̒̃dͦ̔͠͠ ̓̓̐̇y̐̔̆ͭoͫ͂̃̎̆ͯ̏̈̉͞͠u̵͆,̷̨̌̽̓̈̀̽̀ ̴͑͐ͫ ̑̆͊͂n̵̋̔̓ͩͣͨ̅͋ő̶̏̊̚ ͐̉̊ͨ̌̏̔̉́m̛͋̓ͩ͐̓̋̍͊͞ä̛́̽̾̇̚͟͟tͪͫͦ͆ͭ҉t̴͂ė̶ͧ̈́ͤr̄͟͝ ̡̢̂͞ŵ̌̈̂̋ͪͯ̚h̎͑͂̾͐ͧ̕͢ȧ̷̢͐͠t̊͂̌̉̾͒̊̚͘͟ ̸̽͟y̎̃̍̅ȯͩ̃͊ͫu̵ͩͨ͌ ͧͭ̆ͣ̀̔ͨͯ̚͝d͒́͊ͥ͛́̑͟ǫ̍͛͆̄͌,ͦ̑ͩ ̡̑͑ͪ̐ͬ̒͟ȳͯͨͨ͆̓̎̚͘oͧ҉̴̡u̢ͮ̑̆̎͌̕ ͩ̃͊̄̑҉̷̵c̒͆̓̀͘͢a̴̓̎͐̀̄ͫ͝nͨͩ ̶ͩͪ̔ͬͦͯ͋͒̌͝t̸̍̔̂ͫ͜͞r̨͂̽͏͘yͪ͢͠ ̈̿̉̌ͭ͛҉ȧ̡̅ͫ͆̀̌̈̀͜l̡̑́́̆̋ͧ́̚͜l̴̛̈́̋ͦͣͧ ͆ͣͤ͌̐ͤ̈yͫo͋͋ͪͣͮ͂͛ͪu̧ͭͩͩ̾̔ͬ̋͏҉ ̵̔͌̚w̷͗̓͑҉̴ȁ̵̾͘͟ņ̴̄̈́̔̓͛̑̕tͤ̅͗ ̴̎̎̃ͫ̄ͮ͒͢͠ṫ̓̌́ͦ̅̒̆͊҉̡oͪ̽͂̔ ̷̿̀͟ą̸̎ͮ̾̇͞v̵̸ͩ̎̇ͫ͊̀̌ơ̆͋ͣͤ͒̒i̡͒̍ͭ̉͒͛ͬͭd̵̨͗ͪ̓̀ͩ̊͜ ̍͐̓ͥͤ̚͝y̶ͬ̿̈́o̷̧͌͋͘u̅͑͗͋̏̾̋̽͝r̽͌͂ͯ͘͝͞ ̢̎̒ͣ͊ǐ͒̾̀n̓̈̓͂̋̓̉é̴̡ͪͯͥ̌ͣͭ̚v̨̧̿͛͛̂̎ͯ̒͆i̛ͭ͒̓̎ͦ̃ͣẗ̢́ͪaͥ̉̓͗̈̂͡bͭͫ̀͏҉ļ̑̉̌͌̍̽̆̚͟eͧͤ̃ͧ̆͒̐̒̽͟ ͑̌ͪ͒̽ͫͫͪͤd͛ͯ̆̊ͬoͫ̃͏͏ő̢̆̉̔ͨ̕m̆͑͞.͂͛ͩͭ ̀͑̂ͬ́Y̧ͫ̅ͧ͐͏ȍ̶̍̒̾́͗̾̎́u͑̓ͪ̽̉̃̈̿͐͏͟ ̛ͭͪ̑̎͟͞ḿ̨̾̔̅́̚ȧ̈́̓̏̎̔ͬ̅͏y̷̢̽̌̈͆ͮͬͪ̚ ̃͛ͨͫ̋̀̚t̶ͥ͗̓̎ͣ̔ͯr̸͗ͥ̿̒ͨ͛̂y̴̸̍́ ̔͊͢͜ẗͩ̃̿ͦ̽̓̆́͠ỏ̢̓͒ͮ̄̏̌͡ ̊̚ŝ͛̆̑̏̔ͤ͡t̛ͣ́àͫͣ͛̽͒̓̏͞y̵̐̊͞ ̸̧̿ͪͯͣͤͥ̂̚͟ǎ̸ͣ͂͊ͥw̛ͦ̈́̏ͬͪ͛͒͞a͗̓͘k̢̍ͮͭͯ͏eͫ̐ͭͣ͜,̧̈́̈́̌̐̏͗̀̚͟ ̓ͭ̄̇̔̏͛̑́̕͡b̵̋͌̓ͮ̓ͯ̉̓̐ǘ͋ͤ̀̀̂͆t͂ͧ ̵ͥͥ̄͆ͤͮ̚͜͠ẻ͟v̡̎̾͑ͪͨ̐ͬe̷ͮ̃̉͌ͥͩͭ̿n͋̎ͮtͦͣ̆̊̄ͬͫ͆uͣ̅͗̊̅͗̐a̸͊̋͘͏l͐ͪ̄l̷̛ͦ̊ͭȳ̶ͦͩ̍͂̊͆ ̆̅̿͐̔ͯ̾̈̕y̴̿͂̐ͬ́ó̸̇ͣ̿̃̊͊͘ú̢̓͆́̍ͭ̂̒ ̷͋͐͗̎̚w̅̂ͨͬ͂͐̑̊́҉i͛̄͏l̡̎͊͗̈́̅͂̀l̄̅́ͪ̽̆́͗̉̀ ̵̛͌͊͆ͣ̌͗͝ṡͨ̒͞ù͛ͯͨ͛̽̄̀cͨ͜c̐́̏ͣ̐̍ͫ̽́̕u̽͐ͦ̕m̴̧͗͑͂ͭ͋̀b̾ͩ̓́̚ ̢͐̾͞t̛̾̓ͦ̒̀o̓̀͑̕͢ ̸̛̓̏͐y̴͋̾ͯ̉o̷͒̏̃̔̓͒̚u͑͘ŗ̊̌̍ ̴̢̾͌̍ͨ͑ͮm̵̷̛̓̀̉ͣö͐͌̈́̌̋̌͞͠rͨͯͧ̏̾t̨̉͆͒ͣ͛͏ąͨ̉̑̓͋͆̈͞lͫ̌͋ͥͣ̇̾͌̾̀͡ ̀ͨ͋́͜n̈́͆̅̃ͫ͛̏̅̔̕͞e̽͂̃͂̚͏̛c̢͑̅̎̀̾̈̊ͯę̡ͤ̋͏s͂̋̎̀s̴ͫ̒̑̆ͭ̌̀iͮͩͫ͞t̋̀͊̌̈́͟ḯ̉̋҉̧҉eͩ̓̊̆ͫ͞s̵̒̾̃ͩ͞.̈́̏́̓ͭ̆͢
̢ͭ̍̇̎͜Y̸̆̀̓ͧ͊̌Ơ͗͌Û̒̑̉͜͝ ̌ͩ͑͊ͤ̅W̸̃̃̊̾̂ͭ̒͟I͑̐̎̌ͤ̌ͮ̓͂͘͡L̏ͯ̃ͪͨ̚͟Lͬ̓ͣ͞ ̌̓ͫ̐͌̎̂̎̐͟͢D̛ͯͣ̋̑͌ͬ̓Įͤ͆̾̀Ě́ͥͯ

Nov 14, 2011 at 12:25AM EST
Quote

Derp Banned wrote:

’dat silicate

Nov 14, 2011 at 12:26AM EST
Quote
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

This thread was locked by an administrator.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Yo! You must login or signup first!