Forums / Discussion / General

171,045 total conversations in 5,490 threads

+ New Thread


SAVE COMMUNITY

Last posted Nov 16, 2011 at 06:04PM EST. Added Nov 15, 2011 at 04:27PM EST
18 posts from 14 users

This is Clearly the Darkest Timeline. Today NBC released their midseason 2012 schedule. There were 2 tragedies. 1st being that somehow Whitney is back. The 2nd and more important is the cancellation of Community. Community is a great show that is currently in its 3rd season. At the very least they were aiming for 4 season so we could have closure with the study group graduating the crazy community college that is Greendale. With the news today we are going to be deprived of this There is a campaign going around by the fans trying to save the show. So if you like the show, have had one of your favorite shows canceled and know how it feels you should help save Community.

http://www.save-community.com/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KfsXyd0uz5I&feature=player_embedded

Nov 15, 2011 at 04:27PM EST
Quote

COmMUNITY CANCELLED!?!??!?
#OccupytheNBCOffices

Nov 15, 2011 at 04:47PM EST
Quote

Community is one of the best shows on NBC; they wouldn’t dare cancel it… right?… RIGHT?

Nov 15, 2011 at 04:47PM EST

We only need to worry if it gets moved to the Friday night death slot.

Nov 15, 2011 at 05:04PM EST
Quote

angrypwnzer wrote:

We only need to worry if it gets moved to the Friday night death slot.

Fringe got moved to the Friday night slot, and since that happened, I’ve actually had time to watch it. Friday night is the best time to huddle up on the couch and watch TV with the family. Why the hell is labelled as a death slot? I never understood that. All I know is it is where they put shows so they can die, while in my logic Friday night is where you should put your best shows.

Community was pretty awesome, but I haven’t seen it in ages. Hopefully they put it in the Friday night slot so I actually have time to do so!

Nov 15, 2011 at 05:37PM EST
Quote

Syndic wrote:

Fringe got moved to the Friday night slot, and since that happened, I’ve actually had time to watch it. Friday night is the best time to huddle up on the couch and watch TV with the family. Why the hell is labelled as a death slot? I never understood that. All I know is it is where they put shows so they can die, while in my logic Friday night is where you should put your best shows.

Community was pretty awesome, but I haven’t seen it in ages. Hopefully they put it in the Friday night slot so I actually have time to do so!

That’s what the fans of Firefly were thinking…

Nov 15, 2011 at 06:11PM EST
Quote
This post has been hidden due to low karma.
Click here to show this post.

Good riddance. That show had to be the most unimaginative/un good show ever showed.

Nov 15, 2011 at 06:49PM EST

Syndic wrote:

Fringe got moved to the Friday night slot, and since that happened, I’ve actually had time to watch it. Friday night is the best time to huddle up on the couch and watch TV with the family. Why the hell is labelled as a death slot? I never understood that. All I know is it is where they put shows so they can die, while in my logic Friday night is where you should put your best shows.

Community was pretty awesome, but I haven’t seen it in ages. Hopefully they put it in the Friday night slot so I actually have time to do so!

Are you British, perhaps?
From TVTropes’ entry about the FNDS:

“It should be noted that this is mostly a US phenomenon – in the UK and Norway, and probably other European countries, the very best shows are often reserved for Friday nights (this is particularly true of Channel Four comedy in the UK – the likes of Peep Show and The IT Crowd are always aired on Fridays) whereas it’s Saturday night where shows are sent to die.”.

Nov 15, 2011 at 08:05PM EST
Quote

If Community gets cancelled, this is what I’ll do on Thursday Nights at 8:00 EST.

If NBC cancels this, it’ll be the stupidest thing they’ll have done in the last decade, and That’s saying something. Let’s save this show, guys!

Last edited Nov 15, 2011 at 08:25PM EST
Nov 15, 2011 at 08:22PM EST
Quote

Didn’t Dish Network, and Comcast tried to merge together and monopolize the Television market? If they did I bet they were gonna try and crash themselves in hopes the government might bail them out, while taking the funds. Point being, television is trying to be horrible, there is just no way modern television can suck this bad, besides two political comedies on Comedy Central.

Last edited Nov 15, 2011 at 08:27PM EST
Nov 15, 2011 at 08:24PM EST

Sweatie Killer wrote:

Didn’t Dish Network, and Comcast tried to merge together and monopolize the Television market? If they did I bet they were gonna try and crash themselves in hopes the government might bail them out, while taking the funds. Point being, television is trying to be horrible, there is just no way modern television can suck this bad, besides two political comedies on Comedy Central.


WHAT DID YOU JUST IMPLY ABOUT THE COLBERT REPORT!?!?

Nov 15, 2011 at 09:19PM EST
Quote

Keyword is “besides”

Nov 15, 2011 at 09:24PM EST

rapturjesus wrote:

Good riddance. That show had to be the most unimaginative/un good show ever showed.

Nov 15, 2011 at 09:26PM EST
Quote

Community is the best show on television I don’t understand why they would consider putting it on hiatus because thats the bridge to getting cut. Being more of a cult favorite I think that regardless of where they move it the people that like that show will continue to watch it at any time slot.

Nov 16, 2011 at 03:43PM EST
Quote

Syndic wrote:

Fringe got moved to the Friday night slot, and since that happened, I’ve actually had time to watch it. Friday night is the best time to huddle up on the couch and watch TV with the family. Why the hell is labelled as a death slot? I never understood that. All I know is it is where they put shows so they can die, while in my logic Friday night is where you should put your best shows.

Community was pretty awesome, but I haven’t seen it in ages. Hopefully they put it in the Friday night slot so I actually have time to do so!

People go out on Friday nights.

Nov 16, 2011 at 04:21PM EST
Quote

Pfft! You Americans and your “Community”!

Nov 16, 2011 at 04:23PM EST
Quote

rapturjesus wrote:

Good riddance. That show had to be the most unimaginative/un good show ever showed.

I’m gonna say the same thing when you’re gone.

Nov 16, 2011 at 06:04PM EST
Quote
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Greetings! You must login or signup first!