Forums / Discussion / General

171,074 total conversations in 5,485 threads

+ New Thread

Featured Featured
KYM Mod AMA: RandomMan

Last posted Dec 11, 2013 at 10:01PM EST. Added Dec 05, 2011 at 07:14PM EST
212 posts from 67 users

Our entry moderator RandomMan has agreed to do an “ask me anything” (AMA) thread! Post any questions you have for him here and he will answer as soon as he can.

Dec 05, 2011 at 07:14PM EST

RandomMan, at your service.

Dec 05, 2011 at 07:15PM EST

Fridge wrote:

Who is best pony?

Pinkie Pie.

Dec 05, 2011 at 07:16PM EST

Dac wrote:

why so serious?

Cuz I need some more serious questions.

Dec 05, 2011 at 07:16PM EST

If you could magically invent a meme, popular, used and all, wat would it be?

Dec 05, 2011 at 07:17PM EST

What do you spend most of your time doing on KYM?

Dec 05, 2011 at 07:19PM EST

Patrick wrote:

Who’s your favorite user?

Not anyone in particular really. This community has been great to me ever since I joined. I don’t want to give a certain user priveleges.

Dec 05, 2011 at 07:19PM EST

Did you enjoy that special time we spent together?

Dec 05, 2011 at 07:20PM EST

RandomMan wrote:

Not anyone in particular really. This community has been great to me ever since I joined. I don’t want to give a certain user priveleges.

That’s not how you spell ‘Kalmo’.

Dec 05, 2011 at 07:20PM EST

Cale wrote:

If you could magically invent a meme, popular, used and all, wat would it be?

We already got a whole lot of Advice Animals and Ragefaces, creating any of those would be unoriginal. I would probably create some sort of catchphrase which can be used in both image macros and on threads. Unfortunately I can’t give you anything in particular.

Dec 05, 2011 at 07:22PM EST

RandomMan wrote:

We already got a whole lot of Advice Animals and Ragefaces, creating any of those would be unoriginal. I would probably create some sort of catchphrase which can be used in both image macros and on threads. Unfortunately I can’t give you anything in particular.

Catchphrase?

“Shup bivth I no it?”

Dec 05, 2011 at 07:23PM EST

Dac wrote:

What do you spend most of your time doing on KYM?

Depends on what I’m in a mood for. As an Entry Mod I usually check some entries first, see if they need updating and whether someone posted something in the comments. This is usually with articles that are fresh or which I recently updated. I’m also often checken the recent submissions. Whenever someone created some crappy article, I’d like to see it getting removed as fast as possible. And whenever I see a good article, I try to see if I can help in any way possible.

Most of my time is probably on the forum. I commonly have at least 2 or 3 tabs containing forums open at the same time when visiting KY. Even when researching a meme or working on an article I try to stay updated.

Dec 05, 2011 at 07:26PM EST

papap wrote:

Did you enjoy that special time we spent together?

I gave you my number. Love to meet up a second time.

I bring the ropes next time.

Dec 05, 2011 at 07:29PM EST

Captain Blubber wrote:

Who are you?

That is a question yet unaswered. Many mysteries are surrounded with my personality, there’s is no known written passage of me in person.

Some believe I am a bunny, others call me a pervert, there are even those who see me as the reincarnation of god himself. All of this is wrong however. I am everywhere, everything and nothing, the alpha and the omega, ying and yang. I could be right behind you.

One thing has been concluded however: RandomMan > Captain Blubber

Dec 05, 2011 at 07:32PM EST

Fridge wrote:

Why are you such a Bad Muthafucka?

’nough said?

Dec 05, 2011 at 07:34PM EST

The Frosty Lich wrote:

Why are you a bunny?

I didn’t choose this, but I’m ok with it.

I just made my avatar Angle when I joined, never really felt the need to change it. By time people depicted me as a bunny because of that.

Dec 05, 2011 at 07:36PM EST

Relatively speaking, you’re pretty new around here, yet your Rise to Power has been meteoric. What brought you to Know Your Meme, in the first place?

Dec 05, 2011 at 07:38PM EST

Skitch the Wolf, KYM Community Pet wrote:

Do you take enjoyment out of deadpooling entries that contain pure failure?

It’s better to describe this feeling.

Let’s say the OP of the failure article has erectile dysfunction for a few years so far. Because of this he could never really get children, but this was always his dream. Then after all those years the doctor comes with a medicin. His final chance at getting cured, so he can breed again, his last spark of hope in all his time of being a failure. And then I jump out and cut his balls off.

Like that.

Last edited Dec 05, 2011 at 07:50PM EST
Dec 05, 2011 at 07:44PM EST

Fridge wrote:

Relatively speaking, you’re pretty new around here, yet your Rise to Power has been meteoric. What brought you to Know Your Meme, in the first place?

I believe Kalmo also asked me this in his interview. But I’ll explain again.

It was more a common interest in memes. I liked memes and gained lulz by looking at them. I visited Memebase and other sites because of this. I think I stumbled across KYM when I was looking for information on “OVER 9000!”. This was before KYM joined Cheezburger so I know it wasn’t from the Cheezburger site list. I noticed this site not just provided media of memes, but also information on its origin and other things. Like most users here I then lurked for a while first. At first only entries, later some of the forums as well. I just decided to make an account at a certain moment.

As for my “rise of power”. The first article I helped on was Wingboner (Don’t look at me like that). I requested editorship pretty fast after it was put online. Because it was still fresh, I was able to sit on the first line through the creation of an article. This gave me confidence to make an article myself, which was “A Wild X Appears!”. The comments I got for the article were positive and that made me happy. I then started requesting editorship for more articles and learned more about formatting and stuff along the way. By time my number of edits had surpassed multiple moderators. So the request for Entry Mod made sense in certain ways.

Last edited Dec 05, 2011 at 08:06PM EST
Dec 05, 2011 at 07:50PM EST

The Frosty Lich wrote:

No, I am a sorcerer.

Dec 05, 2011 at 07:52PM EST

Natsuru Springfield wrote:

If you could have one Superpower, what wouled it be and why?

Time control. I’m a lazy fuck, because of this I’m often late with things like school, homework, etc. Being able to slow down or stop time would make my life so much easier. Not to mention I can get away with pretty much everything.

Dec 05, 2011 at 07:55PM EST

Do you still keep up with my favorite web comic?
(Oh, and you’re not the only mod that knows what I’m talking about)

Dec 05, 2011 at 07:58PM EST

If you could murder one user on here and know you’d get away with it with no repercussions, who would it be?

Dec 05, 2011 at 08:03PM EST

Would you ever fight PimpAbra for his Database Moderator title?

If you choose not to fall for that trap, what have been your three favorite threads in the forum since you’ve been here? You’ve said yourself you’re pretty active (or at least know what’s going on) on the boards. Surely you have three threads that hold a special place in your heart.

Last thing: How much money would it take to get you to fight PimpAbra for his Pimp title?

Last edited Dec 05, 2011 at 08:07PM EST
Dec 05, 2011 at 08:05PM EST

Mister J wrote:

Do you still keep up with my favorite web comic?
(Oh, and you’re not the only mod that knows what I’m talking about)

Nope. To be honest, I never really watched it to begin with. I came to know of it through other posts and sites. I had a few webcomics I followed, but some of those were starting to bore me and I stopped following them. The simplicity of Cyanide and Happiness is still my favorite however.

Dec 05, 2011 at 08:09PM EST

CitationNeeded wrote:

If you could murder one user on here and know you’d get away with it with no repercussions, who would it be?

Jamie Dubs.

Dec 05, 2011 at 08:13PM EST

Dr. Gregory Horse The Pony Medic wrote:

What is the average airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow?

Dec 05, 2011 at 08:14PM EST

Serious question?

Can you say what you’d like to do IRL if you had all the resources to do so? Run the Netherlands? Destroy the Netherlands? Run America? Just chill at a chill job?

Also, can you type up some Dutch on here? I know nothing of the language, and I wouldn’t search for any unless I had a reason to.

Also, assuming you know Dutch, what’s it like to be multilingual?

Dec 05, 2011 at 08:19PM EST

Not a question but some advice:

Don’t go to Egypt. They like their rabbit meat.

Dec 05, 2011 at 08:23PM EST

Verbose wrote:

Would you ever fight PimpAbra for his Database Moderator title?

If you choose not to fall for that trap, what have been your three favorite threads in the forum since you’ve been here? You’ve said yourself you’re pretty active (or at least know what’s going on) on the boards. Surely you have three threads that hold a special place in your heart.

Last thing: How much money would it take to get you to fight PimpAbra for his Pimp title?

1: That abra’s going down. I’ll win in the first move, as he’ll probably use teleport and run off.

2: In no particular order:
- The KYM Pony General. This is probably the most active forum on the site, so it’s always fresh with posts and I usually get a good lol out of it.
- Photoshop related threads. I don’t really mind whether this is The Internet Can Now Find Stars, Family Photo or some fill in the comic thread. These are the forums that at least ask people to post original content, always creating a suprise. Unlike some forum games that require no creativity at all.
- Funny pictures/gifs/dildo/whatever threads. Just for the lulz they give me.

3: My first Pokemon game was Pokemon red. You could get abra at the game corner there for 180 coins. So I guess $1,80

Dec 05, 2011 at 08:26PM EST

Alex wrote:

Boxers or briefs?

Dec 05, 2011 at 08:27PM EST

Dear RandomMan

Just how much are you enjoying all this attention you are getting? Can you illustrate with comparisons?

Dec 05, 2011 at 08:31PM EST

Verbose wrote:

Serious question?

Can you say what you’d like to do IRL if you had all the resources to do so? Run the Netherlands? Destroy the Netherlands? Run America? Just chill at a chill job?

Also, can you type up some Dutch on here? I know nothing of the language, and I wouldn’t search for any unless I had a reason to.

Also, assuming you know Dutch, what’s it like to be multilingual?

- Yes, serious.

- Probably just take it easy. Buy a nice house, good food, lovely wife. Just things to make me happy. I don’t ask much, I just want to take it easy and have the time to enjoy things at my own pace.

- Je wilt dus dat ik Nederlands ga praten? Ja dat is ok, maar ik zou het waarderen als je me ook een specifieke zin gaf of iets dergelijks. Serieus, wat heb ik aan zo’n domme vraag. En waar sla jij op, met je geitenknuffel. Maar ik gein maar, ik hoop alleen dat je slim genoeg bent om dit te kunnen vertalen via een programma online ofzo.

- It might seem weird to you people, but to me switching between English and Dutch is like taking a shit and stop to take a piss. It just becomes an automatism by time. When I was young, I watched Cartoon Network, a lot of shows on there were in English with Dutch subtitles. I was always good at reading, so I didn’t really have trouble reading the subtitles in time. This kinda generated the basics over time. English is a required subject on high school, so I learned a lot about grammar there. College only gave English for 1 year, just to test if you were able to speak it and understood the basics of grammar. Internet also helped a lot in teaching me English, as it’s everywhere.

Dec 05, 2011 at 08:37PM EST

Berry Punch wrote:

Waaaazzzzzzaaaaaapppp?

Dec 05, 2011 at 08:39PM EST

Blue Screen (of Death) wrote:

Dear RandomMan

Just how much are you enjoying all this attention you are getting? Can you illustrate with comparisons?

Something like that.

But serious now, it’s great. I don’t know whether you mean this article, or just the appreciation people give me on the site. But both is awesome, I never thought I could become appreciated to an online community on such a level. The moderator title obviously helped in it as well. But I always felt the need to help others when they asked.

Last edited Dec 05, 2011 at 09:15PM EST
Dec 05, 2011 at 08:43PM EST

Alex wrote:

Is PredicableMan your evil twin?

He was.

I launched him into orbit a few years ago.

Dec 05, 2011 at 08:48PM EST

Hello! You must login or signup first!