Forums / Discussion / General

232,890 total conversations in 7,787 threads

+ New Thread

Featured Featured
KYM Mod AMA: Fandroid

Last posted Dec 22, 2011 at 08:19AM EST. Added Dec 05, 2011 at 10:07PM EST
23 posts from 12 users

Our senior forum moderator Fandroid (formerly known as Shadowfury) has also stepped up to do an "ask me anything" (AMA) thread!

Post any questions you have for him here and they will be answered ASAP.

@Alex:
We were a small, tight-knit community of perverted, meme-obsessed nerds with a serious case of boredom. Jamie, Yatta, Chris, Blubber, Tomberry, RG, and I hung out in IRC all day discussing memes and how to make KYM better. Together we built the framework for all the entries, all the confirmation parameters, and the foundation of the community.

@Fridge Logic:
Yes I do. He is one of the awesomest people I've ever met.

@Don:
I previously owned an HTC Incredible, which was rooted/NAND unlocked running Sense 3.0 on a Gingerbread base. It was stolen and I replaced it with a backup Samsung Fascinate. It's rooted and running CyanogenMod 7.2. Overclocked to 1.2GHz. It's fast enough for now, but I'm looking forward to upgrading to the HTC Edge in 2012. And yes, I will root it the second it's in my hands.

Sweatie Killer wrote:

I think computers are better than phones, what is you're opinion?

That's not a good comparison; while their functionality can overlap, phones do not serve the purpose of replacing computers, they compliment computers. Your computer can handle more complex tasks but can't travel with you everywhere (yes, even laptops), that's where smartphones come in. They can perform many of the functions that your computer can, but often quicker and more conveniently.
So my position is that they are not in competition at all.

@Pimp Abra:
I would say the tight-knit community. It's now more diffuse. This is no doubt a consequence of the larger size of the community. But even with that, there are groups of people here that are very close to each other. So I guess that the small, close community has just adapted to accomodate the larger size, but on a microscopic scale rather than a macroscopic scale. But it is what it is.

@Mister J:
I was extremely sad. While I don't like iOS, it has undeniably sculpted the foundation for modern mobile operating systems. Before iOS, the smartphone ecosystem was dominated by the likes of Blackberry OS, Symbian, and Windows Mobile. With the release of the iPhone, Apple ushered in a new age of intuitive, polished mobile operating systems and paved the way for the Androids, Windows Phone 7s, and (sniff) webOS devices we have today.
Furthermore, I've always admired the industrial design and minimalist beauty of their Mac lines of computers. They are the most aesthetically pleasing computers out there, and they have the power and ease-of-use to make them well-worth their steep price. No, this is not an invitation to start a fanboy war. Seriously, don't even think about it.

@Amanda:
I would post some, but they're all NSFW.
Also, I would be a pizza.

@Tomberry:
No, circumstances demanded that I cut it to advance my agenda. It's still very feminine, though.

Last edited Dec 06, 2011 at 03:48PM EST

Fridge wrote:

You seem to blend into the background of the site. Are you a ninja?

Also can we be friends?

I am indeed a ninja. I mostly just patrol the site and fix stuff as needed while dressed in a skin-tight all-black outfit. Which is why most users have no idea who I am.

And yes, we can be friends if you like.

Howdy! You must login or signup first!