Forums / Discussion / General

232,891 total conversations in 7,787 threads

+ New Thread

Thoughts about Anonymous?

Last posted Dec 08, 2011 at 06:12PM EST. Added Dec 06, 2011 at 08:17PM EST
22 posts from 18 users

Why does Anonymous do bad things? Why do they hack? Why do they DDoS spam? In general, they are cybercriminals and should be stopped at the first chance anyone gets.

Those are my thoughts about Anonymous. Anyone who also has thoughts about Anonymous, post here!

Op. Darknet.

Anons targeted a site that housed quite a bit of CP. They released the names and information of the users who contributed and viewed the site. Click the link above to read the full article that we have written here on the site.

I'm usually borderline between Anon's vigilante attitude, and the actual consequences of their actions, but Op. Darknet was one instance where I was for Anon 100%.

Skitch the Wolf, KYM Community Pet wrote:

Op. Darknet.

Anons targeted a site that housed quite a bit of CP. They released the names and information of the users who contributed and viewed the site. Click the link above to read the full article that we have written here on the site.

I'm usually borderline between Anon's vigilante attitude, and the actual consequences of their actions, but Op. Darknet was one instance where I was for Anon 100%.

Wait, what?

OH. MY. GOD. I thought they OPENED a CP site! My bad. BUT, they are still hackers and spammers.

Skitch the Wolf, KYM Community Pet wrote:

Op. Darknet.

Wait, what?

OH. MY. GOD. I thought they OPENED a CP site! My bad. BUT, they are still hackers and spammers.

i'm have neutral feeling about them. While i support some of the things they have done (Op. darkweb, Dusty the cat, project chanology (though it was a bit exagerated), etc), i don't like their "we are logion, expect us, blah, blah" attitude, mainly because it's a bit childlish. But, i still respect them.

Last edited Dec 06, 2011 at 09:39PM EST

Darknet might've been the only truly decent thing they've done; the rest is just silliness.

I tend to think about it this way: Most Anons are /b/tards, and most /b/tards are preteens/young teenagers, therefore most Anons are preteens/young teenagers. People talk about them being so influential, not realizing they're an organization of the immature. People seem to be cautious, almost afraid, of disparaging them, thinking they'll be attacked or something, and giving into mostly empty threats. I really think that an adult would see what little they accomplish through their antics, and not care about them.

This probably wasn't the best idea for a thread.

Most of the time they are total dicks and think they are totally badass for hacking. Which it really isn't that hard anyway. On a few, keyword few, occasions they do some good.

Also I hate that slogan that they have, "We are fags, we shit out of our dicks, blah blah expect us."

Am I the only one who views anonymous from a literal standpoint?

As far as I am concerned, anonymous is anonymous, the everybody and nobody of the internet. A force of random selected individuals from different origins with different motives all collected under one common goal.

To me, they are not a secret spy/terrorist/vigilante/COBRA organization. They are not even an organization. 'Anonymous' is merely a mask that can be worn by any faction with any agenda. But Anonymous is not representative of any faction or agenda itself.

Therefore, they are not an object that I can apply diplomatic feelings toward.

If I were to "Support/Oppose" anonymous, to me this would like going out into the street to meet complete strangers and saying "I support/oppose you, even though I had no idea who you are and what you are doing…"

All I can do is either agree or disagree with specific individual actions that that Anonymous undertakes. Either way, they don't alter my neutral impression of anonymous because I know that the people who did Operation Darknet could be an entirely different organization that the people who did Project Chanology and so on so forth

Anonymous is a great guy. I am amazed that he manages to carve time out from all his poetry writing, clever quipping, and police informant work to do all that Internet hacking, too.

I question whether temporarily taking down the CP sites had a net positive effect on stopping child abuse. According to the BBC "Experts condemned the attacks saying they could have scuppered ongoing investigations or tainted evidence.". I mean, the authorities already know of these sites and are presumably already collecting evidence to prosecute these people, I don't think taking down their site and releasing IP's/etc is ultimately going to pan out into less child abuse.

I did find this entertaining though:

The woman is so crazy. I loled when the guy said "In my lifetime I've committed over 9,000 sins" and she thinks he has been keeping a tally sheet.

There are two kinds of Anonymous

One is a bunch of angry, misguided virgins who don't know what to do with their time and repressed sexual energy. They take themselves way too seriously and have no idea how the real world works.

The other is a playful anarchist, with a sense of humor as great as its many flaws, like a Durdenesque Puck. This Anon deserves our support and respect.

Then there are the anonymous Sticky notes, much like those found on Subways in the fridge at work, nobody knows who it truly belongs to, so I help myself.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

'lo! You must login or signup first!